Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE starting to turn in the direction of P2W?

Knight_Ex

vor einer Stunde schrieb Knight_Ex:

aura forma bundle and eidolon lenses,

I think it is not a case of P2W but just a thing of convenience. You can build aura forma and eidolon lenses all by yourself. In case of aura forma it takes ages because of the 4 forma it requires but thats what convenience means. I do not get how an any-mod-aura slot and more focus wins you anything in Warframe. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Knight_Ex:

wallet warriors

That is extremely condescending and very one sided. Having items in the marketplace allows for clever farming. I sell most of my stuff to other players and prefer to get forma, greater lenses and new warframes with platinum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, k05h said:

I think it is not a case of P2W but just a thing of convenience. You can build aura forma and eidolon lenses all by yourself. In case of aura forma it takes ages because of the 4 forma it requires but thats what convenience means. I do not get how an any-mod-aura slot and more focus wins you anything in Warframe. 

That is extremely condescending and very one sided. Having items in the marketplace allows for clever farming. I sell most of my stuff to other players and prefer to get forma, greater lenses and new warframes with platinum.

Sorry I didn't know how else to word it, just sounded like being provided an easy solution to be solved with money, case the term wallet warrior.

Aura forma ? I even forgot those exists lol and have a bunch of them laying around.

The only aura worth running is CP anyway in endgame, since all enemies can gain armor now, even Corpus.
Energy siphon is too weak, the classic rejuv and physique deal too little. Radar mods help for sneaking spy mission... But there is Ivara and Primed Animal Instinct so...
Steel Charge only matters if your frame has no forma and need all the points it needs (but if you are formaing soon, that doesn't matter), otherwise it is either Power donation / Growing Power.

I supposed the only reason why you want an aura forma is for certain frames like Nova, so you can make super speed enemies with Power donation (V) without losing your natural (-) power slot.

Edited by fatpig84

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

Wooo, touchy subject I know, but in light of the recent update and looking at the store, aura forma bundle and eidolon lenses, doesn't seem that big of a deal? 

Silly subject and, no, it isn't a big deal. There's no win to pay for. 

I'd let it go at that, but for the sake of illumination neither aura forma or lenses are particularly significant.

We got along for the better part of six years without aura forma. You can still get along just fine without them. I think I've used two. I was going to use a third, but on examination the warframe in question really didn't need it and I couldn't remember why I even thought it did, so I didn't bother. Yeah, it's just that important. 

Focus...you'll get this regardless of whatever lenses you use and it's never going to be a fast process. Now, I don't like this system at all. It's weird and clunky. In regards to the non-existent win state in WF, well, this involves the operator and you can get along pretty well without even using the operator for much of the game. The only reason I even bother with the operator at all is Zenurik energy recovery and the occasional game mode where you have to use him because reasons. 

So, yeah, these things are simply niceties in a game with no real win to pay for. 

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

I feel like people are failing to grasp the underlining issue that content that was once behind a grindwall that actually gives you an edge in the game is becoming available in the market, I agree with what many people are saying, putting content from Arbs in the store is kinda disappointing for those that were doing the grind, but as another person mentioned above this could very well be a precursor of things to come, I sure don't want to see veiled rivens available to purchase directly from the store,  though I think maybe what caught me by surprise was how soon aura forma was released into the store, especially when they are fully built aura's so no 4 forma costs or 10 nitian, I also imagine that new players would get confused by the aura and regular forma, I wonder how many times a new player has accidentally bought aura forma since its introduction in the store.

The first mistake was in thinking that Arbitrations are actually "elite."

People clinging on to this weird notion that Arbitrations require any kind of special skill or dedication therefore arby players are deserving of shiny exclusive rewards.

It's just another game mode locked behind a very low bar for entry. DE doesn't owe arby players anything special aside from the multiple other exclusive items/cosmetics you can get from the arby store.

3 minutes ago, sinnae said:

The first mistake was in thinking that Arbitrations are actually "elite."

People clinging on to this weird notion that Arbitrations require any kind of special skill or dedication therefore arby players are deserving of shiny exclusive rewards.

It's just another game mode locked behind a very low bar for entry. DE doesn't owe arby players anything special aside from the multiple other exclusive items/cosmetics you can get from the arby store.

I never said Arbs was elite o.o, I said it was being a grindwall, which is truth, you have to complete the starchart to get access to Arbs.

1 minute ago, Knight_Ex said:

I never said Arbs was elite o.o, I said it was being a grindwall, which is truth, you have to complete the starchart to get access to Arbs.

We used to call that "finishing tutorial". You are meant to unlock all the nodes anyway.

2 minutes ago, Knight_Ex said:

Why would you be disappointed if arbitration-exclusive items appeared elsewhere? Why does it affect you that others now have access to things you felt should be exclusive to a small subset of players? This isn't PvP...who cares that someone else has the gear they want?

Hmmm... You know, OP, I could not help but notice that Aura Forma was added to the store without fixing the issues that make non-Excavation Arbitration so boring to farm. And then I looked at the cost of crafting Lua Lens from scratch... Ouch.

Still, so far it is just a convenient way to skip unholy grind for couple of luxury items. Probably nothing to worry about.

But it would be nice to know if ways to speed up endless missions were not on the far side of “Soon” shelf. And if we could remove Focus lenses from gear somehow.

11 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

Only filthy casuals who can't farm them from Arbitration cause they're too weak, will buy them from the shop. * ~*

I'm not a filthy casual, i just believe that 1 hour of my life is worth more than 50p.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

I'm not a filthy casual, i just believe that 1 hour of my life is worth more than 50p.

Only filthy casuals take more than 30 minutes to get something!

giphy.gif

Either way I am not against this addition if that's what you believe. But it's really easy to get Aura Forma from Arbitration. A normal player can easily get 3 in less than an hour of Arbitration. Which is why I don't find this feature to be P2W.

What would be unforgivable is if they put Umbra Forma into the shop for platinum. Then it will be pay to win....or will it? I mean after all we only have 5 Umbra mods, so we would only need 5 Umbral Formas at most...but if we were to get it for every frame?.....Hmmmmm.

Edited by VotumPrime
  • Like 1

I just bought 51x Aura Formas (17x Aura Forma Bundles), and use all of them on all my frames (got around 30 Aura Formas from Arbitration beforehand but out of Nitain Extract), and I felt good.
It's pay to hoard, not pay to win.
And yes, Umbra Forma and Umbra Forma bundle please, because at this point, I don't know what to do in this game anymore except hoarding.

3 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Wooo, touchy subject I know, but in light of the recent update and looking at the store, aura forma bundle and eidolon lenses, doesn't seem that big of a deal? However these are extremely rare drops in the game, because people were complaining DE decided to appease the wallet warriors, we already have boosters in game, and I understand the argument of P2W in a PVE game not being relevant however there are people that dedicate time and effort into farming these things, for DE to just pop them on the store and says "Hey guys, give us money and we will give you these rare drops", is quite a bit disheartening, not because I don't want this available to other people, I just don't want to see a habit of DE meeting complaints with "Oh lets just throw it on the store", whats next? Umbra forma?

I never played Arbitrations and I have 2. They give these things out like fly paper.

3 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

Wooo, touchy subject I know, but in light of the recent update and looking at the store, aura forma bundle and eidolon lenses, doesn't seem that big of a deal? However these are extremely rare drops in the game, because people were complaining DE decided to appease the wallet warriors, we already have boosters in game, and I understand the argument of P2W in a PVE game not being relevant however there are people that dedicate time and effort into farming these things, for DE to just pop them on the store and says "Hey guys, give us money and we will give you these rare drops", is quite a bit disheartening, not because I don't want this available to other people, I just don't want to see a habit of DE meeting complaints with "Oh lets just throw it on the store", whats next? Umbra forma?

P2W. You keep using that word. I do not think you know what it means.

Not a single frame in the game needs or warrants the use of an Aura Forma to be effective.

Of the frames used I think Chroma Prime is the one that needs it the most right now with Speed Holster being desired at Profit Taker and Deadeye being desired at Eidolons.
Even then it's not needed. I run with a dash polarity and just take the reduced capacity with Deadeye and I have no problems completing 5x3.

Some other frames like melee frames are a "nice to have" kind of thing. Since we all know Corrosive Projection is the best aura but sometimes you just want to run Steel Charge. So Wukong, Excalibur? Might be nice to have an Aura Forma.

Other than that, what are you really crying about? I have an abundance of Aura Formas. I don't use them because there's nothing that requires me to use them to even be remotely effective and you get them free from just running Arbitrations. Which you should be doing anyway as it's decent endo gain and you can have a nice, constant, stream of plat from selling the mods. The vitus essence is just icing on that cake.

It's the same thing with people crying about Formas.
You get them free. Just farm relics and run relics.

Why do that? You can sell prime parts for plat, you can sell prime parts for ducats. You can use ducats to get stuff to sell for plat. You get prime parts.
Hell, you can just get formas, get prime parts, buy an extra warframe slot, build an extra Chroma, and just use formas to forma up two different Chromas. One for Profit Taker and one for Eidolons and in the end, who really cares? All without ever needing to touch an Aura Forma.

Seriously, people will cry about everything and anything.
Next thing people will start complaining about Warframe being play2win because why would people spend money on plat for formas when you can just get them free in the game making it unfair for people with money to spend because they use real money to buy stuff but other people can just get it for free.
Utterly ridiculous.

I'm not sure. Probably not?

I feel like my perspective is terribly warped because I also play a lot of mobile gacha games. Warframe by comparison seems like such a breath of fresh air when I get tired of trying to compete with whales. 

Edited by JuicyPop

1 hour ago, k05h said:

The problem is that it incentivizes them to never fix how awful grinding for lenses and grinding focus with lenses is because they are making money off selling a way to skip that grind. The amount of focus you get passively is ridiculously low even if you have good lenses and having a good lens means that you spend a ton of time grinding for the parts and you are locked into using that one piece of gear.

All the lua lens did was give them an excuse to sell eidolon lenses and add another step to the grind.

1 minute ago, Rogunz said:

The problem is that it incentivizes them to never fix how awful grinding for lenses and grinding focus with lenses is because they are making money off selling a way to skip that grind. The amount of focus you get passively is ridiculously low even if you have good lenses and having a good lens means that you spend a ton of time grinding for the parts and you are locked into using that one piece of gear.

All the lua lens did was give them an excuse to sell eidolon lenses and add another step to the grind.

1) I'd like to see you run a business.
2) Warframe is not grindy at all right now. If you think it's hard to get focus you're doing it wrong.