Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Etiquette - Let's be nice

Sgt.Tau

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shieldmaiden83 said:

I remember the first time I saw one of Octavia's rollerballs. I was...wtf is that?

Honestly I would love a skin that turns it into a disco ball cause Octavia is a Disco Queen (in my loadout anyway)

Can't we have a CL4P-TR4P skin for the rollerball? "Hey wanna hear this new dubstep song i wrote?, WUB WUB WUB WUB...."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

Can't we have a CL4P-TR4P skin for the rollerball? "Hey wanna hear this new dubstep song i wrote?, WUB WUB WUB WUB...."

Randy would throw a fit and send private investigators to each developer house instead of contacting the studio directly.

1 hour ago, Akahito_San said:

i don't know if it just me, but for asia region pls still use ENG on squad. they used to be few, but nowadays all i see on my squad chat was ******. i don't know if it CHINESE, THAI, or ELSE. i had no idea what you talking about. i stop playing at late 2017 and back at early 2019. now almost all PUB squad i join using their native language (probably cause my client don't translate what ever they type).

I've encountered a few groups that spoke Spanish, French, or other languages I don't know and I usually just make a comment that I only know English if they need me for something. Again, just be polite about it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sgt.Tau said:

Every game has it's social rules that players develop. Here's some I learned in Warframe. 

When encountering an elevator in a map, try to wait for everyone before you start it. The elevator in Semini on Sedna is an exception.  Launch it and dash out and then drop down the shaft, it's quicker. 

When in open world (Plains and Orb V) and the bounty is complete don't drop group when the bounty is complete if you are the host and everyone is heading to the exit. 

When the mission is selected, don't force start the mission. 

When the mission is selected, say something in chat if you are adjusting your loadout. If it's going to take a while drop group so the rest don't have to wait on you.

If you have an open mike, please don't spam your music. 

When doing a spy mission, say what node you are doing in chat. The mission goes quicker if you split up.

Voice comms in Warframe are generally good, I've met a lot of good people don't be afraid to say hi. Also be polite, telling someone they suck isn't helpful. 

Please try to avoid killing the synthesis target. Sometimes it happens. 

Feel free to add to this list.

this is like most stupid post i ever seen 

let me point that out
elevators - when u waste ur time waiting for others to get into elevator its ok but if u waste their time making them to wait for elevator to come back that is bad
open world host leaving - instead of saving your time let squad members waste it while u wait for them to get to exit
rushing mission - yeah no1 can leave mission after its started so again waste ur time waiting for others but if u rush it and waste their time  with loading screen that is bad
changing loadout before mission start - no 1 can leave squad if ur not ready so feel forced to inform them that they need to waste their time
voice chat - we know warframe have no way to mute others let alone no volume bar of voice chat
synthesis target - other players did not come to mission to help u but to scan target any difference between them and AFKers since both do not contribute to the mission?

wanna good advice?
help who u can and how u can IF U WANT

instead of stating what is etiquette

32 minutes ago, Sgt.Tau said:

I've encountered a few groups that spoke Spanish, French, or other languages I don't know and I usually just make a comment that I only know English if they need me for something. Again, just be polite about it. 

spanish, french, still use basic alphabet. and yes, i usually just ask them "pls in eng" or just comment with eng. the thing is my client directly translate the unknown language with:

player X: **** 
player Y: ***** 10
me: wut

and it's not like i force them to speak english fluently, just say simple things to make me understand better. then again probably they had their whole client TL to their local language. i don't exactly know how many language warframe support now.

4 hours ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

Elevators: With regards to elevators "Last one in, hits the switch". Sometime it's a stark reminder of peoples selfish nature when 3 people are waiting in an elevator and then the 4th just joins and sits there waiting for someone else to start it...

well imo the first one in hits start... they got a better perspective of if everyone is in... if your last and think your the second or third its just common sense not to press the bottom... so first one in starts the elevator when everyone is in...

While we're here maybe someone can explain the necessity of reviving to me? Unless someone is dying constantly (maybe they shouldn't be there?) isn't it just a lot quicker to die? I revive myself so others can keep on with the mission objectives. The amount of xp lost is so quickly gained back anyway yet some folks get completely bent out of shape if you don't stop what you're doing immediately and revive them. I see it as a matter of courtesy/convenience but if there's something I'm not getting here please enlighten....

6 hours ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

Revives: Call me abnormal but i expect to be thanked at somepoint for a revive. it takes NO EFFORT to simply type "TY" in the middle of a mission, especially when it's ya 20th revive. TBH if someone is that bad and rude I get to the point where "if you can#'t be bothered, then neither can I" and i'll happily stand over them whilst they take their last digital breaths 😛

why you wouldnt revive someone because they didnt say "ty" wtf, not saying ty isnt bad or rude at all, rude and bad is chosing not helping someone in distress because they didint type ty to appeal your needs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xHeretic said:

why you wouldnt revive someone because they didnt say "ty" wtf, not saying ty isnt bad or rude at all, rude and bad is chosing not helping someone in distress because they didint type ty to appeal your needs

+1

also:

In Sabotage missions majority decides if people look for caches or not.

Background: started a Sabotage mission in one of the emissary derelics. one rushed through, 3 including me were looking for caches. Instead of helping us, the 1 guy wrote something like "ffs, how egoistic are you, if you want to do caches look for a group". I told him to look for a group if he wants to rush, instead of opening a discussion who is egoistic in that situation and thought he might understand what he does.

Received an answer that included the word "moron", ignored that guy and reported him. Anyway if 2 people decide to leave, mission is over after 1 minute.

• Like 1

I can report people for calling me a moron? shew... my kdrive launcher bugged out and disappeared from my inventory... like a month ago... anyway

as far as etiquette goes if I play with a lower MR player and we get through a few missions I'll usually try and throw them mods or gift some slots or something and tell em to pay it forward. most of the time I'm broke though, so mods it is 😜

3 hours ago, cmacq said:

While we're here maybe someone can explain the necessity of reviving to me?

It's absolutely not a necessity. As you said, in certain situations the objective is more important, and becoming able to "self revive" was a quality of life change! But certain (mostly new) players are just reviving themselves because they are too impatient to wait a few seconds, use up all their revives, then the last time I can't be there in time and they die. Which is fine, as long as they aren't the host... And after this player couldn't wait 2 seconds to be revived, you can be sure as hell they won't wait 2 minutes for the squad to extract before they abort and cause a host migration. It won't even cross their minds they are causing an inconvenience for the others by leaving. When you enjoying the game, it's irritating to be forced to extract before you wanted to, just because you've counted this host's lives and you know it's the last one left.

3 hours ago, xHeretic said:

^^

If I get helped a lot I always thank the others, but usually just at the end of the mission. If I die a lot, I could be one shot while standing in one place, typing "ty"...

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

3 hours ago, cmacq said:

While we're here maybe someone can explain the necessity of reviving to me? Unless someone is dying constantly (maybe they shouldn't be there?) isn't it just a lot quicker to die? I revive myself so others can keep on with the mission objectives. The amount of xp lost is so quickly gained back anyway yet some folks get completely bent out of shape if you don't stop what you're doing immediately and revive them. I see it as a matter of courtesy/convenience but if there's something I'm not getting here please enlighten....

Revives are a mixed bag. I'll try to revive someone if i can, it just depends on how spread out we are.

There are many reasons why someone keeps dropping. Could be the mission is a bit tough, could be leveling a new frame and weapons. If I'm constantly getting dropped, I don't expect revives. I just made some bad choices and have to live with it.

Hydron is a special case because that's where many go to level stuff so I'll go out of my way to revive. It's a small map after all. It helps if when leveling there if you take one level appropriate device to contribute and deal with the occasional syndicate spawn.

27 minutes ago, Sgt.Tau said:

Revives are a mixed bag. I'll try to revive someone if i can, it just depends on how spread out we are.

There are many reasons why someone keeps dropping. Could be the mission is a bit tough, could be leveling a new frame and weapons. If I'm constantly getting dropped, I don't expect revives. I just made some bad choices and have to live with it.

Hydron is a special case because that's where many go to level stuff so I'll go out of my way to revive. It's a small map after all. It helps if when leveling there if you take one level appropriate device to contribute and deal with the occasional syndicate spawn.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I never go to a mission needing to level a bunch of stuff. I always go with just one item under level 30. That way I'm not a burden to my group and I'm not constantly dying. Have a feeling if others did the same this issue would not come up

Let's also keep in mind that this thread is full of ideals and suggestions. It's not hard and fast dogma.

I've seen at least one reply that I'd consider trollish and decided not to respond directly to avoid derailing the discussion. Everyone's play time is valuable to them, but for the most part it is a co-op game. The demand that someone play solo cuts both ways. 

I did a profit taker last night with a setup I thought might work. It didn't in a spectacular fashion. Thankfully my teammates carried me through and I made sure to thank them when we were through. 

Just remember that everyone was a Noob at sometime and didn't know the fight. It's one thing to watch a video and another thing to actually do it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sgt.Tau said:

When encountering an elevator in a map, try to wait for everyone before you start it.

When someone's waiting at the elevator get there as quickly as possible.... we don't want to be waiting all day

Honestly though if the other players are too far away I'm going up/down in that lift.

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

When someone's waiting at the elevator get there as quickly as possible.... we don't want to be waiting all day

Honestly though if the other players are too far away I'm going up/down in that lift.

There are some maps, like those crashed corpus ships, where that could be an exception since it's easy to get lost on. On the other side it's frustrating when I just arrive at the elevator to only see the lone guy in it clicking away and leaving the rest of us to wait. The passive aggressive part of me would be tempted to set my warframe to walk and let you finish the mission and wait out the extraction timer. But that would definitely be "NOT" nice and not exactly what this thread is about. 😛

27 minutes ago, gunsmoke77 said:

Been playing this game from day one.

i,ll play it how i like my game style is not the same as all player,s 

and there not the same as mine 😛

Please help me remember. Was that playing on your 8088? How did you avoid the T-Rex while walking up hill to school both ways. Tell us more, grand pa. 😛

Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, everyone plays differently. Ideally if we work together a little bit the mission go faster and we can all get more done.

• Like 1