Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

Whew, my vectis, lato, and braton rivens survive another round.

Even with the dispo nerf, tibby prime still outperforms the majority of primaries provided you can click fast enough in semi auto mode. I'll save my salty tears for when they finally deal with melee (zaw) riven dispositions.

15 hours ago, WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW said:

i've not seen a soul use the Hind or Aksomati ever yet those weapons are never buffed

Hind already has a really high disposition (1.42), but it's a mastery level 0 weapon and burst rifles are unpopular in general. As for Aksomati, I use it with a riven and the disposition is good enough at 1.2. It's already a great weapon. I'm not really sure why so few use it though.

3 часа назад, Zinnfolie сказал:

it's quite funny how everyone makes a show out of nothing

But it's not out of nothing. People have spent time, effort and money to get rivens for their weapons only to get them devalued.

3 часа назад, Zinnfolie сказал:

as if the nerfed guns are the only ones worth to get a riven

Considering we can have only a limited amount of rivens and you have to buy slots for them this is actually a case. There're guns that are worth getting a riven for and guns that aren't. I think you can figure it out yourself which is which.

27 minutes ago, anfuerudo said:

But it's not out of nothing. People have spent time, effort and money to get rivens for their weapons only to get them devalued.

Considering we can have only a limited amount of rivens and you have to buy slots for them this is actually a case. There're guns that are worth getting a riven for and guns that aren't. I think you can figure it out yourself which is which.

Its just that people are adamant to dismiss the fact that riven dispositions are volatile.Especially for most used weapons. Accept the fact that your perfect Acceltra, Fulmin, or Rubico rivens aren't going to keep their value and you'll be less effected emotionally when the disposition changes and invest in them accordingly. 

You only have yourself to blame if you build your house on a beautiful island but has a volcano that can erupt any moment.

“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”

It's almost foresight when you see an specific gun get quite popular. If they work their ways in a weapon that has such high chances of getting nerfed (as shown before with the Plasmor and the Rubico, and now the Fulmin) it is up to them to assume the future (possible) consequences. Now that you know a weapon is considered "OP", be sure it will be a subject for changes on its disposition. And considering how they are still used nonetheless, such tendency might stay for a while until they deem it was enough for them to be slightly balanced with other weapons.

You seem like you didn't read anything I wrote, as you narrow your sight to only the modified ones. I've done my own research and I got my sets made (shown partly on what I wrote, but it seems you only butchered down to take a few pieces that you thought would be advantage for your argument, just like regular media), it is up to you to find out rivens of your liking for weapons of your liking that, after deep research, you know they're worth the time and the effort (and not just guiding yourself by a first sight of the stats and the common use, because you're just falling into the same slot as everyone who complains over the nerf. Make your own tests and verdicts). After all, I think you can figure it out yourself which is which

2 hours ago, anfuerudo said:

And those people that decided to spend insane amounts of plat or time on rivens should have probably spent some time reading the in-game info presented to them regarding rivens to begin with. From the moment I unlocked rivens in the game I knew they were bound to have dispo changes at some point. So people really only have themselves to blame regarding this because DE have been clear about the dispo changes for years. It just took a long time before they got around to making it a frequent balance solution.

39 минут назад, Zinnfolie сказал:

such tendency might stay for a while until they deem it was enough for them to be slightly balanced with other weapons.

But it's not. As I said before, the vast majority of meta weapons are hands down better even without rivens than non-meta with rivens. Some are even better than other meta weapons with rivens, because the rivens in question were nerfed to the ground(e.g. Fulmin vs Arca Plasmor). And no riven will ever fix bad weapons, broken weapons or weapons with outright bad mechanics, like secondary rocket launchers.

39 минут назад, Zinnfolie сказал:

You seem like you didn't read anything I wrote

I've read your musings about MR and then opted not to get into that argument, because it has one flaw - it gets turned upside down at about MR7 or MR8. For instance, there's a Marelok. It has a MR7. What do we have available at MR7? I'm talking about semi autos only. We have Acrid, Bolto, Lato Vandal, Lex, Marelok, Plinx and Sonicor. With the exception of the Acrid, Lex and Sonicor every other weapon is better than Marelok, and keep in mind that I've excluded Sonicor only because it has different mechanics to it, . They're either less clunky, less unwieldy, more forgiving or everything aforementioned. Then we move to MR8. And at MR8 we get Lex Prime and Pandero. Obviously, they have higher MR cap, so they're better, right? But then we get to MR10 and there, among other things, we get Vaykor Marelok. Which is objectively worse than Lato Vandal, Lex Prime and Pandero. Same situation is with primaries like Ignis Wraith(MR9), Amprex(MR10) and Synapse(MR11). While Synapse has sky high crit chance it's clunky, so no one uses it using Amprex or Ignis W instead. Then there're launchers. We have Penta(MR6), Tonkor(MR5), Zarr(MR7) and then we have our "beloved" Ogris(MR9). And if you're bold enough you can include Lenz(MR8) to this list as well. Those are better launchers than the Ogris, yet that have lower MR cap.

You see where I'm going, right? MR cap long since ceased to be a marker of weapon quality. It's a marker of weapon accessibility mostly used for primed variants of existing weapons with a few exceptions. And even then they don't apply because you can outright buy primed weapons with Prime Access or, in case of regular weapons, you can buy weapon bundles. And a lot of people do just that. Why would anyone wait till 

As for the weapons you've mentioned it's a matter of the approach. Your is of the type "it doesn't hurt me, so whatever, use something else". What if I don't want to use something else? What if I love my Tiberon(I don't, I admit it's a good weapon, and occasionally I use it, but I prefer shotguns in general, so there's that)? It's an absolutely invalid argument to bring. Like, I don't have Rubico riven, nor I have Fulmin riven, but that doesn't mean that the whole idea of "rebalancing" optional RNG-based mod doesn't baffle me beyond any explanation.

Also, while we're at it, as far as Eidolon hunt is concerned rivenless Rubico P still more preferable than rivened Vulcar Wraith.

16 минут назад, SneakyErvin сказал:

And those people that decided to spend insane amounts of plat or time on rivens should have probably spent some time reading the in-game info presented to them regarding rivens to begin with. From the moment I unlocked rivens in the game I knew they were bound to have dispo changes at some point. So people really only have themselves to blame regarding this because DE have been clear about the dispo changes for years. It just took a long time before they got around to making it a frequent balance solution.

Well, it's their time and money and they're free to spend them as they please. However, that doesn't mean that the time and money they've spent should be devalued to the point when regular mod does not provide less benefits than riven(and I specifically worded it this way).

Also, no, they don't have themselves to blame, because, while changes to riven dispo are affected by popularity of every single weapon, they are powerless and quite often oprionless in this matter. Furthermore, DE being clear about dispo changes doesn't mean DE is being clear how those changes are made, how relevant they are, what impact on the game they have, how they will affect the usage of said weapons and what rivens will get buffed/nerfed next. So as far as regular players are concerned those changes are made at random, without any merit and often mean that they will have to reconfigure their builds to accommodate to changed situation.

Omg what is the point of these disposition changes when kuva is so freaking scarce because no one at DE thinks, "Hey! Let's give the players what they want!" Easy access to efficient amounts of kuva so they're not wasting their time rolling one riven since kuva costs so freaking much with how ridiculously little the game gives you, even with boosters and a 30 minute whatever kuva farm you choose, only to get a bad roll to then have it's stupid 'disposistion' to be nerfed out of commission. The fact that the KUVA FORTRESS is literally Kuva Incarnate should mean that nearly ALL KUVA MISSONS TYPES should have an amount of kuva they reward. Or hell, why can't every kuva enemy drop kuva? I don't think it'd be that hard OR illogical. They're fueled by the stuff. Why has no one thought of this? The fact that neither my venka or my akjagara rivs have a single roll on them is because their disposition is so low there's zero freaking point to implementing them into my builds means they're useless. A useless reward. Sell for credits. Hardly any endo. Can't even transmute most of the time to try rng again. These disposition changes are a joke to me. Why can't we just have fun experimenting without dumb limitations? This isn't a PvP game so what kind of 'balance' would putting a psuedo-endgame system under strict "can't let them have too much fun with their favorite weapons" limits be? It makes zero sense to me, still. After having 100+ hours in this game.

3 hours ago, anfuerudo said:

People have spent time, effort and money to get rivens for their weapons

Right, so nothing.

It is a VIDEO GAME, if someone is investing that much time and money for a freaking Riven that has been stated, multiple times, in multiple threads by multiple people that they would change in the future they took a gamble when they chased the meta heavy weapons, and then STILL chased them even after the nerfs started coming.

Rivens are piles of code that have no real meaning or purpose, and people still treated them like the were something insanely special when they were never special in the first place.

19 hours ago, SirTobe said:

I don't really understand why you keep nerfing the kitgun rivens when it's their base stats that are way out of balance. Nerf them all you want, they are still op, you just take out the fun of using rivens. 

because balance revolves around a weapon with a riven setup. Good weapon with bad riven = bad weapon with good riven. That's the idea of rivens. It's not that hard to understand.

No they're not taking the fun out of rivens you dummy, they're taking the fun out of weapons that everybody uses just because they're too good. They're actually adding the fun to underrepresented weapons. And that again helps the choice, the diversity of weapons in the game, which is like a core element of Warframe.

But when you're so one dimensional that you can only get fun out of making big boom ... I guess they could just buff Catchmoon and Rubico with every patch and keep that kind of players entertained. Or maybe at some point even they would understand.... but some people just take a little longer.....

8 минут назад, supernils сказал:

No they're not taking the fun out of rivens you dummy, they're taking the fun out of weapons that everybody uses just because they're too good. They're actually adding the fun to underrepresented weapons. And that again helps the choice, the diversity of weapons in the game, which is like a core element of Warframe.

What a beautiful world you're living in. Where is it located and how can I get there?

9 minutes ago, supernils said:

because balance revolves around a weapon with a riven setup. Good weapon with bad riven = bad weapon with good riven. That's the idea of rivens. It's not that hard to understand.

But when you're so one dimensional that you can only get fun out of making big boom ... I guess they could just buff Catchmoon and Rubico with every patch and keep that kind of players entertained. Or maybe at some point even they would understand.... but some people just take a little longer...

And that balance is failing spectacularly.

Problem is they are trying to "add fun" only by "removing fun" from other weapons, and that will never work. Bad weapons stay bad with good rivens, and good weapons scale based on their rivens for now, so a catchmoon nerf is nothing more than a catchmoon nerf, it won't make people use anything else, it will only weaken their strongest setup while keeping it their strongest setup.

Archived