Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

1 minute ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

thanks? i think?  

none of my warframes even use the same loadout of weapons.  i like changing my playstyle alongside the warframe.   my ash uses the dread (thank you ash passive) aklex prime and nikana prime.  none of my other warframes use these 3 weapons

You are very welcome. Warframe to me has always been a game about playing creatively. Why else would there be so many frames and weapons. 

Just now, (XB1)AFutureCorruptX said:

You are very welcome. Warframe to me has always been a game about playing creatively. Why else would there be so many frames and weapons. 

thats how i like to think, its so boring playing with the same exact weapons on every frame, its boring playing only the best of the best.  the only thing that i use consistantly on all my melee weapons is condition overload, cause so many melees become viable with that mod.

also, can someone explain to me how a .05 dispo nerf can change a riven?

Just now, (XB1)COA Altair said:

I wonder when we'll reach the point where DE admits rivens were a mistake to make in the first place.  Game would be better off without rivens.  

You can't equate platinum to real world money.  I have 25K plat.  Know how much money I've spent on this game?  A prime accessories here and there, but not many I think maybe 3 or 4 at the $60 price for new accessories and 1 or 2 for the unvaulted accessory packs that are far less then new accessories.  

Rivens are not endgame.  There is no endgame.  If DE wanted endgame they would put a node on the star chart that started at level 2000 enemies, but people would complain about it being 'too hard' even though it really wouldn't be difficult for people who knew how to mod.  

For anyone to be this blind after this many dispo changes is beyond me.  They said they would start doing dispo changes with prime access what was it 9 months ago?  If you don't like the volatility of rivens, don't deal with them plain and simple.  That's what I do since they started doing changes to dispo's.  You don't need rivens to play this game.  People think because rivens are out there they need them for their weapon, but that's simply false.  If you want to push a weapon as far as it can go yeah you probably need a riven for it, but that's a personal problem if you want a riven for, say, sicarus with cc, cd, multishot, -impact.  Glad my sicarus riven didn't get nerfed, not as many people use it because catchmoon is for all intents and purposes the easy button.  Shoot it at a crowd and watch the crowd die.  Easy.  Kitguns and zaws are broken, plain and simple.  Especially when they get arcanes on them that push them even farther then normal weapons like sicarus prime, knell, pandero, etc. etc.

quite right, and actually they did warn plans to change riven disposition when rivens first released YEARS ago. the fact is the game's base enemy scaling wasnt meant to function over level 100 anyway, I still remember  the event when the first level 111 enemy spawned, as a bug, then they fixxed it and people asked to have them back. I rarely even bother with rivens except for times i Know im gonna need a little extra under the hood or just for weapons i really like, and then i dont really care if i get my rivens nerfed, worst case, stop using rivens, i liked the weapon before the riven, i'll like it just as much after losing it. 

there was an 'endgame' but honestly the playerbase blew through it years ago. theres a reason why no official content goes over like level 120 aside arbitrations and ESO, both of which were kind of pitched as an 'endgame' activity. Perhaps since i never sink as much time and effort into any one build I rarely get frustrated when inevitable reworks and rebalancing changes it. I mean, when i started heavy blades were almost a waste of time. then they became awesome, then whips overtook em and so it goes, the game will grow and change. my favorite weapons are glaives, so i was thrilled when dual-wielding released. and i look forward to it being expanded to other melees because it gave such a sharp change to the playstyle.

Very amusing to read some of the comments here, from people that are apparently outraged that the most overused, overpowered meta tryhard weapons are getting riven nerfs.

Seriously, what were you expecting? You can try getting the perfect Rubico/Atterax/Plasmor riven if you're really into that sort of thing, or you can use Rivens as intended: Giving underused weapons a chance to shine.

6 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Quanta: 1.25->1.35

Haha!  Yes, keep buffing the face melting weapons. Tiberon can't even come close to Quanta. Makes no sense, I love it.

Poor Rattleguts. You're 1 of 3 good automatic secondaries and you get punished for it.

5 minutes ago, KeineKunst said:

Very amusing to read some of the comments here, from people that are apparently outraged that the most overused, overpowered meta tryhard weapons are getting riven nerfs.

Seriously, what were you expecting? You can try getting the perfect Rubico/Atterax/Plasmor riven if you're really into that sort of thing, or you can use Rivens as intended: Giving underused weapons a chance to shine.

Some of us use guns because they are fun though... I'm not going to use the brakk over pyrana prime because I have more fun using pyrana prime. Riven changes won't change that. It would be a lie to say some of these changes were not unnecessary.

13 minutes ago, Komodo_Saurian said:

Bad weapons can't be saved by rivens because they have bad base stats. 

One of my favourite weapons have always been the Viper and its Wraith version. Even with a 5 star riven disposition and a mathematically perfect riven installed they are worse than rivenless kitguns.

well considering that the general consensus is that kitguns are broken i'd say. 'yeah that's alright'  I do agree more needs to be done to bring the early game weapons back into viable states. For example I've always loved the pangolin sword, and it's always been terrible. but that is also why weapon variants were introduced, first with the wraiths and the like, then that wasnt quite enough so augments and syndicate versions became a thing.  ofcourse they seem to have replaced that with rivens and i agree there is the problem. the two 'band-aid' solutions arent enough. and its not as easy as just "boost their stats" as the whole concept of MR weapon progression then becomes a thing.

Honestly its a problem I'm glad isnt my job to try solve, because i have no better ideas than DE on that score. save maybe changing rivens to modify base stats rather than being percentile like normal mods. I could get on board with that as that would support a greater degree of build variation, but then also be exploitable by build-overstacking. so that would leave us exactly where we are now anyway.

DE made rivens to do balance changes for them, except these balance changes directly affect your personal inventory on a case by case basis. Also they become no better than any primed elemental. For example a trash gun with a maxed dispo riven would still be trash, who knew 300% of 5% base crit is only +15%? As for the strong catchmoon that's guaranteed crit with +90dmg and + 70 multishot, just get a +165 heat mod instead. It fits on all pistols and won't cost you more than 300p on any day of the year. 

DE logic: artificial planned obsolescence is very profitable

2 hours ago, Rachnera said:

they're completely busted, what are you complaining about
everyone and their mom uses a catchmoon

So that means i can't have fun anymore? . . . tombfinger nerfed AGAIN..... seems like the "have fun" is going down by the minute

3 minutes ago, --DSP-- said:

I can’t understand Arca Plasmor being nerfed at all XD

Neither can DE. People use arca and catchmoon because of infinite punch through, large sweeping AoE hallway clear, and high base damage. The riven nerfs won't affect infinite punch through, large sweeping AoE hallway clear, and high base damage. They're not dumb though, they do this to stir the market. So guess who benefits when you need to buy a new riven for a new gun

6 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Neither can DE. People use arca and catchmoon because of infinite punch through, large sweeping AoE hallway clear, and high base damage. The riven nerfs won't affect infinite punch through, large sweeping AoE hallway clear, and high base damage. They're not dumb though, they do this to stir the market. So guess who benefits when you need to buy a new riven for a new gun

Yeah, you can sell a perfect thing only once 😕

vor 51 Minuten schrieb Hawk197:

Conner, I'm challenging you to do some livestreams where all you do is test rivens. Do some hour long survivals, do some Infested Emissary, do some Arbitrations. Go gather some meaningful data instead of looking at popularity of x weapon in y mission type. You may be surprised at how weapons you thought were really powerful actually preform in a broader use case.

senseless. he didn't play or own some weapons, only nerfed by "stats". 

Rubico? ^^

Spoiler

dqPtciL.jpg

Buying rivens for new weapons being more pointless and foolish than ever, i now have nothing left to spend platinum on really.

And since farming kuva and rolling rivens was my endgame, so to speak, i don't have much left to spend time on either 😞

It's a bit sad but, well, i guess i'll just play something else and check back once a year for the big (but short lived) new content.

5 minutes ago, Tristan_GER said:

Rubico? ^^

Reveal hidden contents

dqPtciL.jpg

You know it feels your doing the opposite of the saying "dont shoot the messenger" is conner even in charge handling the riven changes? or just the person who tells us about them?

2 hours ago, Monolake said:

no they are not, bother to read past riven workshops and dont spread this myth

It is both weapon usage and weapon strength. This was stated in the riven workshops. From the February update:

These numbers were adjusted by hand where we deemed appropriate, but players have suggested we should take it one step further - going forward, we have compiled our own internal ranking of weapon power levels, which will be referenced in addition to usage stats to reach our final numbers. As further tweaks bring us closer to “ideal” Disposition numbers, changes should become less drastic, reinforced by our internal rankings providing a solid baseline.

EX: Weapon has internal strength ranking of .55. See Catchmoon/Rubico, although those are probably .5 but we're using .55 for the sake of the example. DE will slowly shift disposition towards this number. Then player usage stats will determine if it should go down all the way to .5 or as high as .6ish. 

5 minutes ago, Tristan_GER said:

Rubico? ^^

Reveal hidden contents

dqPtciL.jpg

guys DE doesnt give a fine fuk about the weapon power

every nerf is done based on popularity

example

aklex and lex. same damage but one is less accurate, shoot slower, reload faster with small magazine, aklex. same damage, worse accuracy, shoot faster, reload slower, bigger magazine

they nerfed aklex several times in a row while buffing lex several times in a row

guess what in this patch lex got buffed too. strange they didn't butchered aklex again, probably because i was the only one idiot left using them, then i upgraded to a catchmoon

Archived