Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is there a need for an operator when the warframe is alive?

VoidGhost

Hi,I would like to ask the Warframe community why is there a need for an operator when the mutated person which we call the warframe is alive.Why cant we take the role of the mutated person also called warframe and explore related lore?,lore about his past or even lore related to becoming human again or even control the mutation and call it with his/her will.A great example is in the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZx_Dll6G18  where the Guyver(the Guver is a symbiotic techno-organic device that that can transform it's host to a being with super abilities like a warframe)tranformation is shown

Thanks for reading and for giving me the oportunity to contribute to the game

11 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

Hi,I would like to ask the Warframe community why is there a need for an operator when the mutated person which we call the warframe is alive.Why cant we take the role of the mutated person also called warframe and explore related lore?,lore about his past or even lore related to becoming human again or even control the mutation and call it with his/her will.A great example is in the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZx_Dll6G18  where the Guyver(the Guver is a symbiotic techno-organic device that that can transform it's host to a being with super abilities like a warframe)tranformation is shown

Thanks for reading and for giving me the oportunity to contribute to the game

Because it's part of the concept of the game. In Warframe, you have an operator to operate your warframe. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

Thanks for your reply WhiteMarker.What if the monsters became aware of their state and chose to control the mutation.Monsters do have a mind too.

Now we enter "what if" territory.

My cat has a mind too. But it will, sadly, never be sapient.

Umbra is a particular case, all other are devoid of their memories and a conscious mind, their bodies only use as genetic material for the infestation for which there is no cure and DE has mentioned how the tenno were purposely brought to give a humanizing weakness to the overbearingly powerful warframe.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

Thanks for your reply WhiteMarker.What if the monsters became aware of their state and chose to control the mutation.Monsters do have a mind too.

Such a thing is yet to happen (kinda borderline with Umbra) maybe in the future , you never know.

Perhaps a FPS mode where you dont use mods just pure instinct and unmodded weapons as all your powers are coming from the void..

7 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

That's not going to happen with any frame that isn't an umbra, and for all we know given the story behind it, there will probably only be one. Normal warframes are designed to be inert infested cyborgs that require direct input from Operators in order to function. This was explained during The Sacrifice quest, both why the frames possess no sentience of their own, and why the umbra is the only exception.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

The closest we get to that is Ballas narrating during The Sacrifice quest:

"We took our greatest, volunteers or not, and polluted them with these cultured reagents. They transformed. They became Infested..."

"...But only just. Their skin blossomed into sword-steel. Their organs, interlinked with untold resilience. Yet their minds were free of the Infested madness. Or so we thought. We set them upon the battlefield, bio-drones under our command."

"The Warframes... all of them... failures. Surprised? They turned on us, just as you did. And so we had no choice but to commit them... to grave. This is all you know, Hunhow, but there is a hidden half. A secret, that lies within a place forbidden to you and your kind. I speak of the Void."

Link to the Ballas quotes page on the wiki.

15 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Because with the exception of Umbra warframes are incapable of autonomous movement.

And if they were capable they would likely be absolutely bat-clem- crazy murderbots without an operator to reign them in.

5 minutes ago, VoidGhost said:

Thanks for your reply (XB1)PhantomClip.What if we the Warframe community could change that concept,would you like that or not?

Not really.  The current lore is the process used to create Warframes utterly and completely destroys the mind of the person, reducing them to simply a mindless shell   Umbra is an exception because that was designed into his creation as a punishment for betrayal, so we aren't likely to get a redemption arc for non-Umbra frames.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Um, your cat IS sapient. 

You just don't understand their language. 

Most animals are sapient. 

You are confusing Sapience with Sentience.

Sapience is the ability to make decisions using logic, knowledge and experience.

Sentience is the ability to feel emotions, experience them.

If you sad my cat was capable to using logic, I would have doubts in my previous statement. But "most animals"? You lost the argument there. Dogs are not sapient. Dont put those ugly mutts on the same level of cats.

• Like 3

warframes are like Shinji´s mom, they only exist as a deep underlying subconscious that could surface as primal emotion and function when the inner child is in danger. On another note when I paid for warframe I paid for DE concepts and ideas, not the communal strangers of the net, DE holds the responsability and will be judge for what they deliver themselves.

Edited by Pavelord
typos

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

You are confusing Sapience with Sentience.

Sapience is the ability to make decisions using logic, knowledge and experience.

Sentience is the ability to feel emotions, experience them.

If you sad my cat was capable to using logic, I would have doubts in my previous statement. But "most animals"? You lost the argument there. Dogs are not sapient. Dont put those ugly mutts on the same level of cats.

So you've never seen your cat solve a problem? Or figure out how to do something in a new way? Connect with you in a different way? Come on, buddy. 

Logic is just not in the domain of the greater Apes. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Pavelord.I believe that experiencing lore about how the tortured people we call warframe became warframes would be cery interesting especially when the way to control the tecnocyte transformation would be a choice for the players to make,do you find the ability to control the mutation interesting ?

Because using a skinny teenager as operator makes the game more appealing to... skinny teens!? Something like that #marketingcrap

p.s.

Before anyone starts and gets offended by "skinny" teens, they now have Hyldryn #fattiescount

Edited by Crasharr