The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 vs Warframe.

Brey223

1 hour ago, SpacewalkerX said:

I tried playing Destiny 2 for a bit when it released on steam, and i noticed something odd:

Why is there no recruitment chat/channel?

i was doing almost all missions alone, except for the "strikes" that had automatic machmaking. Also, no one was saying anything in chat, or responding to anything.

Because it's a crappy game and they don't want to pay someone to moderate the chat. Seriously you make a game where you need 6 people to play and you have to rely on an external site??? I am taking my time finishing the campaign only, i don't really like destiny, maybe i will change my mind.

Edited by bibmobello

Instead of starting "Warframe vs Destiny 2" threads, I suggest we start threads comparing developers, like "Digital Extremes vs Spiders". How a crew of less than 50 devs push out a 15-30 hour game after 3 years of development but DE with 300 devs haven't push anything after 2 years?

9 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

Instead of starting "Warframe vs Destiny 2" threads, I suggest we start threads comparing developers, like "Digital Extremes vs Spiders". How a crew of less than 50 devs push out a 15-30 hour game after 3 years of development but DE with 300 devs haven't push anything after 2 years?

If that matter, there are good professional games developed by 1 or 2 people that have even sold good but we are  speaking about single player games or with limited cooperative tasking.

Edited by bibmobello

I'm playing Destiny 2 a lot lately, haven't really logged into Warframe much since DE just bricked a wall over Tamu the same way they did with Taveuni.
With D2, there's at least some story modes to go through as a new player and of course all is new to me there...but I have to say, not knowing about the old systems and armor, engrams and whatever else, really doesn't change how absolutely boring the grind is. Seriously sad how both DE and Bungie cannot manage to hold my satiate my need for some quality Solo content that's rewarding in itself. 

Some of the missions here, like Harrow's and the Kuva story (sans spoilers) were some of the best moment for me. I also miss the starchart progression, which felt far more rewarding than mindlessly baking and leveling new and useless weapons. Can't abide the time gating in Warframe however...
On the other hand, D2 has tons of story elements, albeit short, which I've yet to uncover or unlock through paywall ( doesn't seem worth it atm). The gunplay and first person mode blow Warframe dead out of the water but gameplay overall is shallow. Obtaining upgrades seems pointless as much as it does in Warframe.

destiny 2 is good in almost all ways...graphics, sounds, musics and very nice seasons. Battle bosses very fun! The weak point of warframe is the batlle bosses....annoying as hell!

I think destiny 2 has more future than warframe...just saying.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

I think Destiny's recent move to free to start is disappointing and isn't enough of a change and update to it's systems. it's still solo unfriendly, it still gates you pretty hard for most things unreasonably and still doesn't matchmake on a lot of activities, also it's f2p economy is worse than warframe's despite selling the expansions adn the recent change to f2p actually make that worse in some ways (notably engrams) and it's version of a battlepass is unimpressive and quite grindy and if you haven't bought the upgraded tier it's really not even all that worth it, but that's also the only engram scraps you're getting when you could easily quadruple that in the same time before this change.

There's my thoughts. altogether in my opinion Destiny isn't doing a whole lot right here so I don't really want Warframe to follow them anywhere.

I agree. While Destiny can be some darn fun just doing some mindless slaughtering... Whenever I want to get anywhere near serious the game suddenly pulls out a knife and asks me if I have any friends. I reply, "Not any friends who want to do what I do." and then Destiny goes ape.

Warframe DEFINITELY has the better communication system, and is a lot more friendly to solo players. It has complex systems that I enjoy and I love going around with a high amount of maneuverability.

But I will admit, nothing is quite like using a hammer like captain america's shield, or having infinite knives so long as you land those headshots.

Just enjoy both! But be aware that Destiny is a whole different beast than Warframe once you become a hardcore player of either.

15 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

I think destiny 2 has more future than warframe

Destiny 1 came out after this game began.
How safe is that bet?

There are two major updates inbound after another major update.
On the heels of an open world.. Warframe has some serious staying power.
You may well be right, but I'd wonder.

4 hours ago, Mikaer88 said:

Ok, let's use your metric. DE consists of roughly 200 employees (averaged over Warframe's development. They have more now, but when development began there were only about a dozen devs), and has had about 7 years. In order to match Spiders' output, they would need to create a game that has approximately 280 hours of gameplay.

I think they've managed.

And I don't know where you're getting the idea that DE hasn't done anything for 2 years, considering that Fortuna is less than a year old.

The only thing, that Warframe does better in my opnion is itemization and character progression. I hate Destiny for forcing me to care only about my power level as all the atributes are sh it more or less since all modes are normalized. Cant compare my guns coz they do fu ckin differnt damage on evey single strike or other activity I attend to thx to normalization. Exotics are ok but its not enough.

Having amazing story telling capabilities, fenomenal gunplay (yes 1st person is way fu ckin better than that clunky warframe takin up almost half of the screen) superb pvp (lol warframe's pvp), the deal breaker for me is this stupid character progression. My main char is currently 926 and I just cant bring myslef to get him further since I see absolutelly no fun in getting on item 52 total atributes (4 more than before) and one or two points of power level more. This is sooo uninsipired and simplistic almost as if its console level of RPG. 😉

Having said that the best looter shooter with the coolest progression so far (for me) is Division 2, the way I can focus on differnt important stats is just amazing in there. But then all the activities in Div 2 suck balls big time.

To sumarize it all:

Gameplay mechanics | Progression system | Acitivities | Story and world presentation

Warframe:           4                                 3                              2                5 

Destiny 2:            5                                 1                              5                5  

Division 2:           3                                 5                              1                3(div 1 was waaaay better with that)

If it wasn't for that progression system I'd be still there making use of that battlepass.

Edited by Kerthis

9 hours ago, Brey223 said:

I’m glad that they confirmed that they are bringing back raids

The exact quote was:

“We are looking to repurpose existing Raid content to make the game mode accessible for lower-level players while also preparing them for this end-game content as they continue to progress.”

That doesn't mean that raids are comming back. Also Steve has stated that Eidolon's and Orb Weavers are a version of the content they are aiming towards, something high powered, inclusive and that doesn't lock out solo players.

Personally I'm a Founder/Vet here because of the lack of the toxic forced-teaming content that ruined other MMO's for me. The reason I don't play Destiny is because it focusses on PvP and Raid-like content.

10 hours ago, Brey223 said:

However you also need to be looking at the other end of your player base and realize that your veteran players also need some love and attention as well.

This presumes DE has actively avoided looking at their player stats and could not possibly have come to the conclusion veteran players are not worth the time and effort investment vs. their return on that investment.

4 hours ago, Kerthis said:

Destiny 2:            5                                 1                              5                5  

really? i have played destiny 2 for a bit, and i strongly disagree with any of those 5 scores you are giving. Comparatively, gameplay is slow and boring, with very little variation between equipment. Story seems all over the place, it has some nice character banter, but that's about it.

i never really got to do any of the raids. Could not put together a team for it.

15 hours ago, Brey223 said:

What I could hope for with Warframe is that DE takes a hard look at what destiny is doing and really get their priorities down on what the community needs and what it wants. I think right now there’s a hard shift to the “casual” player which isn’t a bad thing, you need to have ways to get people into your game and keep them there. However you also need to be looking at the other end of your player base and realize that your veteran players also need some love and attention as well.

Could you clear up for me what is leaving you with the impression you hold regarding DE's development decisions?

I've seen a number of people make mention of this in recent and have to confess to having no clue what it is they are alluding to.

My opinion? It didnt really change much for Destiny 2. It is still stuck in the B2P track even with the free-to-try deluxe demo. Many say that breaking away from activision was great and that it shows. But how is that possible when the monetization model has stayed the same along with the same re-hashed expansion and the same "we cant produce new content that fast" complaints from Bungie themselves?

If Bungie had adopted a true free-to-play model I would have played Destiny 2 aswell as WF and PoE, since it would be a game that I could come and go in as much as I like while spending on what I feel like. But with the continued expansion route and zero free content releases in between I will not spend time or money on it. Their expansion release rate is silly high, all in order to bring in more cash on already used assets. That is something I simply cannot support. If it was free and they released these rehashed "expansions" with a few new things it would have been a different story. Much like how I'm ok with WF and re-used maps and enemies in new game modes because it is free and fun enough to play.

If WF or my former big free-to-play favorite Marvel Heroes demanded cash for their content updates I wouldnt play or having played them because it wouldnt be enough new content to justify a price tag. However I have no issues with getting these updates for free and then supporting the company by buying cosmetics or other things that I actually see and feel the worth of.

I'm just waiting to see who the rabid fans will blame next now that Activi$ion is out of the picture. Valve maybe, or WF players for "review bombing" on Steam? Or a mix of both, like Valve allowing "review bombing"?

edit: Also please do explain how WF could learn from Destiny 2 about getting new players into the game? I mean so far Destiny 2 has the worst new player experience out there by a longshot. WF atleast gives you all quests easily presented with locks in place and explainations on what is needed in order to start them. Destiny 2 drops you in the middle of everything with zero things to explain what things are and where to go or where to find the story etc.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

My opinion? It didnt really change much for Destiny 2. It is still stuck in the B2P track even with the free-to-try deluxe demo. Many say that breaking away from activision was great and that it shows. But how is that possible when the monetization model has stayed the same along with the same re-hashed expansion and the same "we cant produce new content that fast" complaints from Bungie themselves?

If Bungie had adopted a true free-to-play model I would have played Destiny 2 aswell as WF and PoE, since it would be a game that I could come and go in as much as I like while spending on what I feel like. But with the continued expansion route and zero free content releases in between I will not spend time or money on it. Their expansion release rate is silly high, all in order to bring in more cash on already used assets. That is something I simply cannot support. If it was free and they released these rehashed "expansions" with a few new things it would have been a different story. Much like how I'm ok with WF and re-used maps and enemies in new game modes because it is free and fun enough to play.

If WF or my former big free-to-play favorite Marvel Heroes demanded cash for their content updates I wouldnt play or having played them because it wouldnt be enough new content to justify a price tag. However I have no issues with getting these updates for free and then supporting the company by buying cosmetics or other things that I actually see and feel the worth of.

I'm just waiting to see who the rabid fans will blame next now that Activi$ion is out of the picture. Valve maybe, or WF players for "review bombing" on Steam? Or a mix of both, like Valve allowing "review bombing"?

Wait what?

Reveiw bombing Destiny 2? What the hell?! I wouldn't do that, destiny doesn't deserve it (yet. I could change)!

WTH. 😧

1 minute ago, TheHappyTyranid said:

Wait what?

Reveiw bombing Destiny 2? What the hell?! I wouldn't do that, destiny doesn't deserve it (yet. I could change)!

WTH. 😧

People are whining about it on the Destiny 2 steam forums already and none of it is true. It is some automatic respones everywhere when someone criticizes even the smallest thing "no wonder, a WF player!". If I got a tenth of a penny for every such comments I'd be a gazillionaire by now.

I'm back playing d2 and have to say I'm loving it.  

It's not perfect but what is?  Both games could learn things from each other imo.  

For d2, better solo options would be good.  I want to try strikes and nightfall on my own but auto matchmaking stops that.  An in game chat would also be nice so if I want to try a raid I can look for a group and we can communicate in game.  For me the DLC price is ok, it's cheaper than a prime access and actually gives you content.

For wf, introduce progress bars so I can work towards a reward instead of everything being sheer bloody luck.  Boss fights, not just eidolons and orbs but proper boss fights at the end of missions.   And find a use for the monstrous piles of resources I'm sitting on, let me trade them for another resource of some kind I actually need.

Both games are great but d2 has a number of end game activities and various game modes (standard pve, gambit which is pvpve and crucible) which are all supported and updated.  Wf is famous for introducing new stuff and then barely ever touching them again.  Plus "normal" gameplay in wf offers no challenge whatsoever once you hit a certain point.  The only challenge really is putting up with the rng.  Movement is better in wf though and given the vast array of frames and weapons you have more options on what load out you want.

For me, at the moment, d2 wins.  That might change in 6 months though once there's some actual content in wf to get stuck into beyond new cosmetics.

Edited by (XB1)Hyperion Rexx
Sentence structure
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mikaer88 said:

Instead of starting "Warframe vs Destiny 2" threads, I suggest we start threads comparing developers, like "Digital Extremes vs Spiders"

...I know you're talking about other developers here, but I would be lying if said I didn't picture the DE devs fighting a literal army of spiders with rolled up newspapers.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Brey223 said:

Going back through the raids and strikes and overall having a ton of stuff to do in the game and things to go find and gather

So technically getting all weapons and warframes, except you can't buy it from market. Sure, we can settle that with tons of new weapons not available from market and instead get from doing things like arbitration

However you also need to be looking at the other end of your player base and realize that your veteran players also need some love and attention as well.

Define veteran, and how do you show your love and attention for them veterans with massive damage output? So far any kind of hard content still gets complaints from the veterans so I wonder if you can please this kind of player

I would also like to see dungeons (strikes for destiny players) added into the game.

If you play the strikes, you will see all of them will end with a boss fight so assassination missions?

Give various level groups to do of them to provide the difficulty that isn’t in the base game to those veteran players.

If turns out those veteran players can't finish it and complaint, what should we do? Can we give them a slap on the back of their head?

Remember, a slap to the face is an insult, to the back of the head is a wake up call

Of course you need to balance out the rewards of these events with the effort put into them which as we know DE tends to struggle a little on that front.

Here's the thing, what do we get for rewards? So far we get mods and resources for rewards so what does the reward balancing do? Do you need to get that 4k rubedo drop on top of your 100k+ in your inventory? Maybe try defining the "balance out the rewards" first

59 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...I know you're talking about other developers here, but I would be lying if said I didn't picture the DE devs fighting a literal army of spiders with rolled up newspapers.

Well... This works for spiders too?