The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Covert Lethality - is remaining as a Dagger Mod for now with +16 Initial Combo and 100% Finisher damage, pending later review. (Note: This has changed from what was laid out in the recent Dev Workshop)

Hey look all daggers are useless. Least amount of dps, shortest range, smallest block angle AND no guaranteed lethal. Right so no more melee for my Ivara, and no more focus farming for me.

No more channeling, which is also a reason not to play as I am an Ivara main and used that to disintegrate bodies for chaining stealth kills... Not that I can really do stealth kill chaining any more now that covert is bleh. I knew that getting to keep channeling was never going to happen, so perhaps we can get an auto-disintegrate?

Eligible Exilus Weapon Mods:

Ammo max:

• Ammo Drum
  • Shell Compression
  • Trick Mag 

Mutation:

• Rifle Ammo Mutation
  • Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation
  • Shotgun Ammo Mutation
  • Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation
  • Pistol Ammo Mutation
  • Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation
  • Arrow Mutation
  • Sniper Ammo Mutation
  • VIGILANTE: Supplies

Zoom:

• Eagle Eye
  • Broad Eye
  • Overview
  • Air Recon
  • AERO: Periphery 

Movement:

• Agile Aim
  • Snap Shot
  • Spry Sights 

Recoil modifying:

• Gun Glide
  • Double-Barrel Drift
  • Stabilizer
  • Vile Precision
  • Strafing Slide
  • Steady Hands 

Accuracy:

• Guided Ordnance
  • Narrow Barrel
  • Targeting Subsystem 

Silence:

• Hush
  • Silent Battery
  • Suppress 

Holstering Speed:

• Soft Hands
  • Twitch
  • Reflex Draw 

Reload Whilst Holstered:

• Lock and Load
  • Tactical Reload
  • Eject Magazine 

Projectile Speed:

• Terminal Velocity
  • Fatal Acceleration
  • Lethal Momentum 

Oddities:

• Adhesive Blast
  • Cautious Shot
  • Fomorian Accelerant
  • Kinetic Ricochet
  • Tether Grenades 

As a result, the following Mods have been tweaked: 

General Changes

• Ammo Drum increased to +90% Ammo
  • Shell Compression increased to +90% Ammo 
  • Vile Precision is now -90% Recoil 

Drain Reductions (at maximum rank):

• Lock and Load from 13 to 9
  • Tactical Reload from 13 to 9
  • Eject Magazine from 13 to 9
  • Vile Precision from 11 to 9
  • Cautious Shot from 12 to 10
  • Rifle Ammo Mutation from 9 to 7
  • Primed Rifle Ammo Mutation from 14 to 10
  • Shotgun Ammo Mutation from 9 to 7
  • Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation from 14 to 10
  • Arrow Mutation from 9 to 7
  • Pistol Ammo Mutation from 9 to 7
  • Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation from 14 to 10
  • Sniper Ammo Mutation from 9 to 7

Why not reload speed mods and mag size mods? Seems odd these mods were left out since they are utility and not dps. Also I specifically planned on using those two types of mods for the exilus slot so.....

An overarching note before you get started, is that every Melee weapon that was originally a single Elemental damage type has been converted to Physical + Element, allowing for more Status reliability as well (Silva and Aegis excluded given Flame Blade).

This is not a bonus. This is a nerf. My secura lect did purely corrosive, and therefore would proc ONLY corrosive. Now it has slash and puncture... two procs I DON'T want on my secura lecta, and my twin basolks now have more than just gas procs. Every purely elemental melee weapon was used SPECIFICALLY because it DIDN'T have physical damage getting in the way of status procs.

Wow, and my secura lecta with a range boost from a maxed primed reach and a riven has a range #*!% all.... It's not worth the forma or the time to redo all these weapons. Range nerfs I expected but not this ridiculous of a nerf. I'm outie, bye, I'm done.

Edited by KunoUshinawa
  • Like 1

There was no reason to touch the Duration of the Disc. The whole point and unique nature of Zenistar was it's synergy with Guns and you've ruined it by forcing players to go into melee with it. Among many frames like Volt who can't afford to do that.  Shame on you DE.

Disc Duration is now a base of 10 seconds and is increased by the Combo Multiplier

nSWWsQ2.jpg

Edited by Xzorn

I already have an issue.

- Once you know the 3 Mods, figuring out the Order is a matter of trial and error in battles against your Lich - good luck! 

That means it's completely possible to fail 26 times (with 3 mods need with 3 possible mods in each slot leading to 27 possible permutations) before you win because of sheer bad luck. Luck should never be a factor in being able to defeat an enemy. That's just lazy design. But this one does seem to have a simple fix.

- Clearing Nodes and Killing Thralls leads to progression toward revealing your Lich’s 3 fatal Requiem Mods

Why not just also add the order through this system as well?

Hi @[DE]Megan is it possible for us to get another bundle akin to the Kuva Lich Collection in the Market that only contains cosmetic items. As it stands the current bundle has the Requiem Relics, Mods and Cosmetics. It feels very scummy that there is no other way to get the cosmetics other than buying this set which contains farmable items. Not to mention that these farmables are technically consumables.

I want to play the game too, having something to chase and farm and not just buying them outright from the market. I love buying cosmetic bundles but not when its structured like this

Okay, real quick... why did you do the "pistol vazarin syndrome" with exilus slots? It defeats all purpose to make them V's. Why, why, why, why, why? We already have to spend time/money on the exilus bp's ... then have to forma them? And there is no reason, whatsoever, that we can't have reload mods in there. Especially when some reloads take 10x longer than it takes for 1 enemy to kill you... 

MAKE THEM ALL A DASH ... ALL OF THEM. 

So... melee feels really good but at the same time it seems like Guns 2.0 or some serious rebalancing is required after this update. I only spent some time in the Simulacrum but I'm a bit concerned about the damage. My 100% status 4-forma Tombfinger takes more time to kill one lvl 125 corrupted heavy than a no catalyst no forma Karyst with just condition overload and some electricity to add corrosive, three or four mod slots left empty. No condition overload, little damage. Adding that mod to basically any weapon turned it into a killing machine as far as I was able to check. Did the status proccing system also change? I find it realy strange that I can use the melee button two or three times and see tics of thousands of damage from a low status weapon (hirrudo for instance), comparable to damage from multiple enemies in a Magnetize bubble and a nice punchthrough/aoe weapon.

I just tested Titania... for some reason her Diwata does not get the insane proc damage. A potatoed Titania's Diwata with maximized Razorwing Blitz did a much worse job than an unmaxed Cronus, both weapons with Condition Overload.

Edited by mayuriusotsuki

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We know there’s nothing worse than ‘how can you call this unintended’, so let’s explain the history:

The history and intention are actually irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it was intended or not, it was fun. Now it's less fun, which makes the entertainment product it is part of by definition worse.

Edited by SordidDreams

Zenistar disc can reach 40-50 seconds uptime if you just quick melee some mobs until x4 or x5 combo guys. And it build up really, really fast. It's 10s per combo multiplier actually.

It's a bit annoying that you can't just fire and forget it, I guess, but it's still pretty strong, and it can even last longer than before.