Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 26: The Old Blood

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Skillzzpro said:

Welp. Gunblades are butchered.. gg

Fun fact: theyre not

They're literally the same, just sans combo, and if it was a collective nerf it wasnt a singular butchering

Took half an hour out from my day to test them out, and dead they are not.

Edited by RWBY-WhiteRose

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Zenistar

Damage increased from 130 Heat to 80 Impact, 68 Slash and 150 Heat

Range increased from 1 to 2.6            

Status Chance increased from 25% to 30%

Critical Chance increased from 5% to 10%

Disc Duration is now a base of 10 seconds and is increased by the Combo Multiplier

DE can you not gut this achievement weapon? Like literally the whole point and unique feature of this weapon was that disc, not for its meleeing capabilities. IPS aside because no need to explain why impact sucks, 10s duration is literally nothing especially when it takes like half that time to even setup.

Forcing you to build up combos before using disc... nope, might as well use something else that does a far faster job at killing than this. There's just no point in using this weapon if not for the disc.

1 minute ago, SunsetChaos said:

DE can you not gut this achievement weapon? Like literally the whole point and unique feature of this weapon was that disc, not for its meleeing capabilities. IPS aside because no need to explain why impact sucks, 10s duration is literally nothing especially when it takes like half that time to even setup.

Forcing you to build up combos before using disc... nope, might as well use something else that does a far faster job at killing than this. There's just no point in using this weapon if not for the disc.

1. The disc is still pure heat.

2. Takes about two second on a stray mob to get back to 30 seconds. They weren't lying when they said it was much faster, but I think the bonus time should be an additional gimmick than anything 

1 hour ago, UrKungFuNoGood said:

Yeah, that's not how it's working. Been to Telesto twice and NO. KUVA. LICH. stuff other than someone popping up on my screen saying something about assessing for conversion blah blah unit damaged blah blah

maybe if you paid attention to the opening cutscene you got after logging in, and paid attention to those transmissions? they arent "larva", they use a model very similar to the wolf of saturn six' minions, when i got on i went to telesto and first try i got one to spawn, got a transmission with a kuva guard talking to a grunt saying how they were chosen, got a waypoint to the enemy, killed it and got my litch

im not trying to sound like an 4sshole, but based on everything i read in your comment everything points to not paying attention

To the Dedicated Chroma players out there, I'll share a little tip about something you might have forgotten (or ignored since) to do self-damage

Castanas... (happens in Sancti flavor too !)

Get a riven for those, roll til you get a critical chance malus and 3 bonus stats, which will obviously negate the whole thing, being above 100% in malus.

even a critchance malus with 2 stats riven has above 50% chances to be above 100% critchance reduction.

This means the crit will never occur, no surprise damage, all you got left to do is fine-tune the damage till it's the perfect match for your chroma, and you can kickstart your buff from nothing to max in an instant...

1 hour ago, Cortanis said:

I just went to Saturn- Telesto for mine. Bring a nuke frame and rinse the mission until you spawn one. Took me only about 3 runs to do it.

I got him now thank you!...... but now what? I see all his stats and stuff, cool pic but what happens next? I thought something would appear on the star chart but i'm not seeing anything to do now.

Couple of bugs to report:

Every time I start the game my resolution changes. While not game breaking it is extremely annoying.

My status based Plague Kripath is not proccing status like it should despite having a 89-100% status chance depending on the build.  Hard to tell but it seems like it procs maybe 15% +/- 5% of the time, which is way way lower than I am used to seeing.

The Exodia Contagion I have equipped to the aforementioned Zaw is also not proccing status like it used to (same problem.)

Edit: It is not only my Plague Kripath with this problem. It seems like ANY blow that kills the enemy outright wont proc status effects.  For most status' that isn't a problem but I largely use gas builds on my melee weapons and not getting the gas cloud after I hit something sucks.

Exodia Contagion animation and firing are buggy leading to firing at really awkward times.

And a little bit of criticism:

I understand that there is a bit of a learning curve for the new melee, but it seems like the stance redesign did not take into account that the average warframe player is pressing the forward key 99% of the time, which leads to some clunky mechanics. Furthermore because the hotkey for the Heavy Attack is now a new key rather than the hold for charge attack it used to be, weapon swapping is now way more of a nuisance than it used to be considering how fast paced the game plays. It feels like my options are to be forced into using the melee mode constantly swapping in and out, or not using melee mode and when ADSing inadvertently or just firing to kill something (swapping back to my gun) and having a less reliable heavy attack. An Option to heavy attack by holding the melee button if I am not using dedicated melee mode should exist. The stances for Gunblades feel REALLY terrible to use. Also, if you are now allowed to melee combo in midair why can't I fire my gunblade off in midair?

Edited by JungleQuack
Update after testing

2 часа назад, Cortanis сказал:

@[DE]Megan

DE, you need to quit this and with a quickness. This is outright pay2win. This is paying to skip most of the update and it's disgusting.

Liches are unique to players and only you can kill your own lich. Plus this big bundle is one-timer, you will have to grind anything else after that. Since relics are guaranteed on Flood, their skip is relevant only for those who has little to no time to play additional activities and wants straight up to action i.e. kill liches. Players who will buy bundle will not get any advantage over us except time when they will hop into their first kill which is, again, irrelevant bc they will be able to kill only their own lich (so it's almost a single player mechanic) and only limited amount of times, after that they will have to grind like anyone else. If you are hurt that someone bought bundle and killed their first personal lich several hours earlier, I don't know what to say you.

2 minutes ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

1. The disc is still pure heat.

2. Takes about two second on a stray mob to get back to 30 seconds. They weren't lying when they said it was much faster, but I think the bonus time should be an additional gimmick than anything 

1. good to know

2. Like why spend 2 seconds meleeing then wait some more seconds before the disc starts ticking, when you can spend just 2s with another weapon and kill everything around you...

Requires a living mob in the first place to build up enough counter. Need to spend more time setting up with combos as well as the cast and wait for disc to start ticking. Can no longer use to "guard" an area at anytime without combo, because 10s. A nerf is still a nerf.

I love the stance combo changes, having delays might seem nice on paper but it could never work properly when attack speed modifiers exist; it's so fluid now, awesome.

Kuva liches seem like a big annoying grind, and I honestly couldn't care less about them. More power to those that like em.

You nerfed my favorite melee mods and the one ranged weapon (moon) that allows me to not feel like crap because I can't aim like I could 10 years ago (nerve damage and all that). Thanks, I hate it.

Guess I'll be playing my backlog of rpgs till you apply the PoE treatment to this mainline, cause right now it looks like severe grind and even more severe nerfs to some things I liked.

Cheers.

It's very impressive how out-of-touch some of this seems. All in all it's a kind of mess you better not touch until the dust has settled. Feedback forums are gonna have some interesting reads in the coming days I'm sure. I'm just gonna add the brief opinion I have so far.

Melee: I think you are trying to properly balance the game. Emphasis on trying. Some of the changes make little sense to me. You should seriously consider more of the communitys feedback in that regard. IMO combo-ing still feels really sluggish, but it's kind of a step in the right direction? All of this is gonna make for a healthier game, by allowing you to give us actual endgame content, which is probably still ways off. But I guess we're used to waiting at this point.

Liches: Did you even playtest this one? If your idea of replayability is a big ol' grind wall... Let's just say I'm honestly not surprised anymore. There is a fine line between grind and replayable content and you overshot it by a lot. Not only are the weapons of the Liches random, but the stats are as well? At least that's what the patchnotes imply. Rivens were too big of a mistake already. Just don't make that mistake twice.

Grendel: Missions for the parts are fine. Just take Trinity + Saryn/Octavia and high base dmg weapons (Rubico, Gram/Galatine) to make the whole thing trivial. Have yet to test Grendel myself, but so far I've heard he's pretty disappointing. Especially since you can't go full Katamari anymore, as shown in DevStream? Guess I'm gonna see in 3 days.

Vauban: Feels nice.

Ember: Looks like she'll keep collecting dust in my arsenal.

I like this kuva lich idea but i don't think i'd grind relics whatever, I really never liked kuva siphon anyway. I know i can buy that pack but those are limited charges on those mods? I love warframe, I've spent 1000s on it over the years but I'm playing too many games these days and i am accustomed to faster fun being delivered than farming to defeat a boss. I think the system itself seems awesome but I wish they'd have gone about it another way. The more farming I have to do the more distance the desire to play the game itself grows. Nightwave is already a massive turn-off for me.

I still think a mode that can be soloable or with friends that is more like a siege campaign on  new maps with multiple objectives that's a bit randomized where by the time you reach the end you fight your  kuva boss, would be better. There could be generals (bosses) on earlier  missions related to the campaigns you defeat that show up to help you on the final battle where you kill the boss and take his weapon.

The most exciting thing about this release was the darkness color palette and some aspects of melee 2.0 though it still feels the same more than not.

Edited by ShimmerDoll
  • Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, Isokaze_BestKaze a dit :

Btw I still get self damage when I explode my Glaive Prime. I thought it was supposed to be gone ?

Same here.

Not included on the patch notes but also worth it a mention:

- Glaive's heavy attack (the power throw you do with alt-fire while melee is equipped) can't be detonated by any means under the effect of Ivara's navigator. Seems like an unintended behavior.

By the way, did anyone figure why "throw attack" and "charged throw attack" have slightly different stats on the tooltip? Unless the throw from dual wielding is any different than the full-melee one, I can't think of a need to discriminate that information. Even if so, right now it's confusing to figure out which one counts as charged and which one doesn't.

Ok, so is no one else gonna identify the fact that melee is actually garbage now? Sure, if you want to feel like you're playing Tekken or Street Fighter with sick combos, this update is probably awesome, but for those who like to ignite a melee weapon at will like a true Jedi Master, use energy to gain strength, having to manage energy and choose when to use it strategically, and not have to rely on constantly killing in order to maintain any form of extended DPS, this is such garbage. Old melee system was great: Melee was a stable weapon, it didn't change when you pressed left click, and it was pretty solid; new additions of making the channel toggled instead of held was a nice touch, but by removing channel and replacing it with heavy attacks and a newly revamped reliance on the combo counter, you have replaced the brain-dead nature of channel whacking to a new, more convoluted brain-dead nature of just button-mashing to win; to the Street Fighter example, you have taken a system that rewards learning how to throw Guile's projectiles and timing them to be useful and replaced it with a system that rewards perfecting slide kicks because it's the "easiest way to win". Kuva Liches are alright, but I want to be a ninja that is rewarded for playing it smart, not Ryu Hayabusa on a killing spree ignoring every convention of stealth. Please hotfix this to be optional; or pull a Blizzard and make a legacy server, idk.

• Like 1