Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bloodrush Over-nerf

Ghosty-Jr

Ok who let Steve near bloodrush?

Im just saying that I think bloodrush has been over nerfed...Im not saying I want it back to 165% because with the new system that is begging to break the game but lowering to 60% as well as capping the combo to only 12x is rather underwhelming. I think Blood rush should be put up to at least 70 maybe 75% because its a small difference but it makes a big impact in the end.

What do you guys think of the recent Blood rush tweaks?

• Like 4

They should either kill it or boost the regular crit chance mods to be comparable.

They killed the unique interaction it had with modified crit chance, which enabled you to pursue higher multipliers at the cost of a mod slot.

Now that interaction is gona, just like condition overload has diminishing returns when equipped with pressure point.

That's ridiculous, just like the stupid idea they had with chroma, making it stack additively with base damage, forcing us to have a different build just for the gaw damned frame, all because they had no ballz to call a nerf a nerf.

Just nerf the things you wanna nerf but don't kill interactions between mods and warframes like that.

• Like 2

Just now, Andele3025 said:

Its not just 165>60%, its 165% of your total crit chance per combo to 60% of your base crit chance per combo.

I know and thats the problem im having. Blood rush is basically just True steel but compounded which is cool and all but it makes it next to impossible for a weapon to red crit now without external forces plus Rising storm is rather obsolete because the maximum hit count is only 220

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G.L.O.R.ious said:

Pick Inaros, put some of the Gladiator Mods on him and problem solved.

Not everybody likes to go with the pocket sand throwing lazy tank but its also the fact I am happy to sacrifice 1-3 slots for cc but to get the maximum yield im sacrificing 7 for all gladiator and blood rush and that takes away build potential

• Like 4

that nerf is glorious and was overdue. it was a bad idea to give bloodrush the broken math it had but sadly people got so used to it that many seem to not be able to play anything else in terms of melee.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Andele3025:

Its not just 165>60%, its 165% of your total crit chance per combo to 60% of your base crit chance per combo.

thats how it shouldve worked in the first place....

Edited by Xydeth
  • Like 4

2 минуты назад, Xydeth сказал:

that nerf is glorious and was overdue. it was a bad idea to give bloodrush the broken math it had but sadly people got so used to it that many seem to not be able to play anything else in terms of melee.

thats how it was working for years. so,maaaaaaybe its values were good for the game?=/ and now "normal" values suck? no way.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ghosty_Jr said:

Not everybody likes to go with the pocket sand throwing lazy tank but its also the fact I am happy to sacrifice 1-3 slots for cc but to get the maximum yield im sacrificing 7 for all gladiator and blood rush and that takes away build potential

Did you see the new combos for melee? They CC like crazy making the enemies fly even if you just smash "B".

About the lazy tank, I can't argue against that, my build is even lazier with Umbral Mods and Arcane Grace. XD

6 минут назад, G.L.O.R.ious сказал:

Did you see the new combos for melee? They CC like crazy making the enemies fly even if you just smash "B".

About the lazy tank, I can't argue against that, my build is even lazier with Umbral Mods and Arcane Grace. XD

i guess CC isnt crowdcontrol,but CritChance

14 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

I agree that 165% was a tad overkill but it rewarded the time it took to build up said combo I actually prefered the old combo counter because it benefited those who played for longer the only issue with it was the fact that to max it out you needed combos in the millions.

And it did work that way. it was 165% of your base cc on top of every combo up so something with 100 base crit chance (just pretend will you?) would jump to 265 crit chance when you hit the first combo up then 430 and so on and so on

Edited by Ghosty_Jr

44 minutes ago, Midas said:

Game is being rebalanced for future content. What will happen is our game will fall down the stairs as we grow bored of being overpowered. This new update will encourage team work to achieve greatness.

That's absolute nonsense. The only thing this update has done is make me not use melee at all. All hail Catchmoon, the new melee.

6 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

That's absolute nonsense. The only thing this update has done is make me not use melee at all. All hail Catchmoon, the new melee.

Don't know what you are talking about melee is still insane and superior ever so slightly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midas said:

Game is being rebalanced for future content. What will happen is our game will fall down the stairs as we grow bored of being overpowered. This new update will encourage team work to achieve greatness.

I spit out my tea when i read this, encouraging teamwork by nerfing melee? What are you smoking?

This game is a power fantasy at its core, becoming weaker will drive away people from it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I spit out my tea when i read this, encouraging teamwork by nerfing melee? What are you smoking?

This game is a power fantasy at its core, becoming weaker will drive away people from it.

I think there are two perspectives at work here.

People that would like the game to become balanced around the levels they were meant to be played at. This would make our game a bit more difficult than we are used to as well as requiring us to put more effort in. This would also make raids more difficult and make it an actual game rather than a damage and farming simulator which Digital Extremes seems to be moving away from for now.

Then there are people who like the game for its ridiculously unbalanced damage system making them feel like a demigod. This is usually for people that want to play warframe without difficult and are here just for fun.

Both are acceptable outlooks

But for me and others that I have seen on this forum is that were split in half on deciding what we want.

I am all for this new re balance for future content while others are for power tripping farming fun.

The forums is going to be a battle zone between players for the next few weeks 😕

hace 1 hora, Fallen_Echo dijo:

Agree. Its a heavy hit against the main core of the game. To me a complete nonsense. 

• Like 3

I mean let's be clear here. It's still a powerful mod in its own right. As is weeping wounds. It just got brought down to a non-ridiculous scaling potential.

How many mods increase melee crit in WF currently? : True steel, True punishment, Umbral Steel, blood rush and maiming strike. Of these mods, which mod would you use if you had to choose one to raise your crit chance? There's really only one answer.

Edited by Skaleek

You know True Steel is only 60% right ? The problem is not how they nerfed it, it's the mod existance.
Why does melee mod should have insane value stacking with time ? Bloodrush is +720, Weeping Wounds is +480%, Conditon Overload is Primed Pressure Point at 2 status and grow stronger, it make no sense...

In the current sitatuation, status oriented melee weapon are not good, because with the +480% from Weeping Wounds, you can reach 100% status with only 17.2% base status chances. It clearly show how broken is the system.

1 hour ago, Midas said:

I think there are two perspectives at work here.

People that would like the game to become balanced around the levels they were meant to be played at. This would make our game a bit more difficult than we are used to as well as requiring us to put more effort in. This would also make raids more difficult and make it an actual game rather than a damage and farming simulator which Digital Extremes seems to be moving away from for now.

Then there are people who like the game for its ridiculously unbalanced damage system making them feel like a demigod. This is usually for people that want to play warframe without difficult and are here just for fun.

Both are acceptable outlooks

But for me and others that I have seen on this forum is that were split in half on deciding what we want.

I am all for this new re balance for future content while others are for power tripping farming fun.

The forums is going to be a battle zone between players for the next few weeks 😕

Teamwork is encouraged through creation of situations where it's required to complete a task, as well as synergy between players. Nerfs don't encourage teamwork in min/maxers, they encourage them to drop a game or look for a new way to be effective on their own by finding ANOTHER way to exploit weaknesses that developers forgot to patch up.

Nerfs don't create proper difficulty either. Yeah, sure, your chances to fail are higher if enemy takes 10 minutes to kill instead of 10 seconds. But turning a 10 seconds encounter into a 10 minute long chore is not a good idea, is it? Not unless you have proper combat system and actual gameplay depth to support desired difficulty. And Warframe certainly doesn't have that.

What I'm saying is, Warframe of your wet dreams won't become true because of nerfs. The game most likely will never actually become any more difficult or tactically deep than it is now. Wanna know why? Because it requires proper AI, more enemy types, more ways for a player to react, more ways for AI to react, better level structure, better synergy and dependency of players on each other through positive motivation and many other things. Such intricate systems are clearly not something DE consider important. They killed raids for a reason,and said raids didn't even have some crazy AI interactions or unique enemy types. They also said multiple times that they see Warframe as a power fantasy. And, there is a note in the latest update post about an upcoming melee related "rage mode" - sure sounds teamwork inspiring, huh?

You're not here for "rebalance future" you're not even properly arguing for it. You look at a puddle and claim that it has a depth of an ocean. You're just here to act pompous and be happy that people are not having fun because you're miserable since Warframe is not Siege, Destiny or, heh, allow me to savor it, DARK SOULS. Good for you, pal. Maybe one day you'll realize that Warframe has changed from what it was back when you purchased your founder pack. Back then dealing 10k damage by using Gram in stealth on infested was cool. Back then we had to use cover to hide from enemies and there was no reliable way to generate thousands of health points. Back then Rhino had his indestructible Iron Skin and Frost had his unbreakable globe. Things change and you're the kind of guy who's slow on the uptake.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Midas said:

Don't know what you are talking about melee is still insane and superior ever so slightly.

I'm talking about melee doing a pathetic fraction of the damage it used to while simultaneously having every crit mod that isn't blood rush and every damage mod that isn't condition overload made completely redundant as well as pole arms and whips having their range nerfed so badly that some heavy swords now out range them.

3 minutes ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

every crit mod that isn't blood rush and every damage mod that isn't condition overload made completely redundant as well as pole arms and whips having their range nerfed so badly that some heavy swords now out range them.

This sums up the major flaws i've seen with melee in this update as well. Whips having less range doesnt really make any sense, they already got the maiming strike knocked right out of them. Spinning is no longer effective so this just feels heavy handed.

Edited by Skaleek