Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich stole Requiem Relic

o0Despair0o

5 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

What i want to say is, "we have a choice" is just wrong.

Our only practical choice is just do it and annoyed by the lich, that is obviously bad no matter what (well... at least feels bad, i think), and especially obnoxious for newbies.

If i add that kind of newbie check, i'd choose MR 27 as requirement, yeah stealing mechanics would be practically nonexistent but what's the problem...

yep i will kill this lich ,, whine and whine and kill 150 trolls then nvr do another grineer mission again unless running non cc frame.. be on the rocking chair and tell stories to little children about a benevolent rich tenno who could taxi the poor keyless tenno to the void with promises of unimaginable riches/

sorry i still cant let that go lmao

9 hours ago, Lion said:

they're supposed to be our mortal enemies for the long haul

what is long about this? they seem to pop up immidiatly and you then have to grind and grind for it to go away and then the next one just pops up. there is no real play or counterplay here.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Trapkin:

for sure you have time to farm relics, and do your kuva lich stuff.

Look Honey, I dont care about so I wont bother with this new forced gameplay Vision they decided to enroll.

iner Stunde schrieb Trapkin:

Speaking of time, i used some precious 5 mins writing this. Also, it is not "Dicisions" It is spelled "Decisions" There is a dictionary called google that you can use xD

Thats all? No arguments? Just telling a second-language speaker to use google for typos? Really?

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

He doesn't, because the very ALERT SYSTEM got removed because of time gating.

This is exactly the same thing, except instead of waiting for nitain you're waiting for kuva siphons.

The siphon missions often show up on 2 planets at the same time, and move VERY quickly.

The Nitain farm had 1 mission every 6 hours.

These missions rotate significantly faster. I want to say about 30 minutes or so.

And again, that was *one* relic stolen. While that sucks, the OP will get the relic back after killing his lich... and can thus use it to work on the next lich. It's not gone forever.

There's also no guarantee that a relic will be stolen. There is absolutely *ZERO* need to actively avoid a mission the lich has influence over.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Should they be able to steal relics? I'd say no. But there's no reason to get so damn emotional about it. "Oh. That sucks." Shrug. Then move on.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

10 hours ago, Lion said:

It's kind of annoying, but in a way it makes sense.

Think about it - they're supposed to be our mortal enemies for the long haul. Would it be out of place for an enemy to try and stop you every step of the way from, you know, killing them?

It makes sense that my operator would need to eat, drink, and relieve themselves in their space-ninja-approved toilet before embarking on each mission, but that doesn't mean I want to play out those experiences because it isn't fun 😆

It would be funny one time. Two times. But it repeats and repeats. There is 1 mission an hour that reliably gives requiem relic (well, reliably, except when it just doesn't). Of my last 4 missions 3 relics were stolen and 1 dissapeared due to a bug. 4 hours (which is about all my playing time a day, to think about it), and nothing. In these 4 hours a lich have already taken 5 (!) planets, so "waiting for kuva siphon to go to a free planet" appears as less and less realistic option to me. I understand that I will get my relics back when I defeat him. What I don't understand is just how I'm supposed to defeat him in the fist place, when he keeps taking away the very means to fight him.

One more kuva flood (the 5th) and no relic due to a bug. I'm just speechless.

Edited by awesome_ptchitz

Worth noting: Turns out they will steal Void Traces. Ouch.

3 hours ago, awesome_ptchitz said:

In these 4 hours a lich have already taken 5 (!) planets, so "waiting for kuva siphon to go to a free planet" appears as less and less realistic option to me. I understand that I will get my relics back when I defeat him. What I don't understand is just how I'm supposed to defeat him in the fist place, when he keeps taking away the very means to fight him.

Yup. Becomes a much bigger problem as you fight the lich more, I'm now seeing.

Definitely hoping DE makes it so they can't steal relics (or traces). Until then, we gotta hope for RNG.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

21 hours ago, ZzVinniezZ said:

you missing one certain point there..."Lich can be actived by defeat Larvling from any grineer level beyond 20" i think that is unavoidable.

19 hours ago, Cerebrum123 said:

It's not unavoidable. The Larvlings are marked when they show up, and you can just avoid killing them. Only one shows up at a time too.

Yeah? What happens when you are playing an AOE frame such as Saryn, Equinox, or Octavia and kill it without even realizing it?

Edited by No1NParticular31

21 hours ago, DLOArceus said:

I mean, if the game said "if you play on planet X you're gonna get stuff stolen" then you got your stuff stolen because you played on planet X then i'd treat'em like that. Except if it was a sortie or an alert, that is just dumb.

amazed that people are actually defending this.

On 2019-11-03 at 2:45 AM, No1NParticular31 said:

Yeah? What happens when you are playing an AOE frame such as Saryn, Equinox, or Octavia and kill it without even realizing it?

You get an advance warning, and they are tankier than normal enemies. Even my forma and riven modded Corinth don't take them down very quick.

The thing that's messed up here is that they steal stuff even if that node is not under their influence, they really need to change that, i got 4 relics stolen as of today, 3 from flood and one from siphon, and those nodes were not under lich influence, some of them not even touching the planet.

I don't care losing a riven if i can get it back by killing the lich, but requiem is just being annoying.

On 2019-11-04 at 6:37 PM, lukasystem said:

I don't care losing a riven if i can get it back by killing the lich, but requiem is just being annoying.

I care about losing Rivens, I want to see what they unlock into after I've earned them not after another 5+hrs of grinding to get them back.

I mean think about it your reward from the Lich is just getting your stuff back you don't actually get anything. You already earned everything you're "getting" from the Lich in other missions. The dragons hoard you get from the Lich is just differed payment without interest. 

In my case, I went for the Lich, got one then started to farm relics. Always got one from flood, but I did like 25 syphons without one. I ended up thinking the drop on syphons was broken but, well, not a big deal, I will wait for floods, which I did. I got 7 of the requiem, but with my luck, the one needed to kill the lich is the one missing. During all this time, my Lich got stronger, controlling now 4 or 5 planets, and I need a relic II :
- Syphons are not an option, never saw a relic on theses missions.

- Floods can be an option but 50% of the time, the area is under control and my relic will probably be stolen (keep in mind it's the one I need to kill the Lich).

A whole weekend, a lot of missions, to be stuck because of a stupid bug. Frustrating.

You can say that it was an option, that my choice to go for the Lich was not mandatory, but I would never have lost all this time if someone would have told me I could have been stuck just because of some bad design or bugs. 

On 2019-11-02 at 8:50 AM, o0Despair0o said:

How, exactly, am I supposed to play this (miserable) content, if you're taking away my only way of playing said content?

Get it again.

... I would've made the Lich steal directly from the Inventory, on top of stealing rewards... But that's my personal preference.