Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Slivers are just dumb

viaxon6

They don't make any sense, really. You need 10 of them. TEN.

So you need to spend an HOUR to get a riven, doesn't seem that bad, right? In the same time i would open 10 or so relics, that would give me at least 50+ plat, which is already enough to simply buy a riven off the market.

Alternatively i can just take random parazon mods from Requiem relics and sell them- 3-4 of them are enough to buy a riven.. So why would i waste 10 relics to get a riven, while i could just take things and sell them?

I guess the only worse drop from requiems are ayatan stars... But chances that you get only stars and slivers are so low it's always better to grab ANYTHING but those two.

• Like 6

Lets just say it... DE needed 'something else rng' to increase the grind of lichs.... They decided they'd go the relic route which works so well with prime parts (we all love rng prime parts don't we....)

So they then need to fill the relics with something and justify making the mods the uncommon reward.... so we get the weapon exilus adapter bp (which in all honesty pretty pointless for most people) as the rare item which is arguably easier to get from syndicates and then the sliver, amber star and kuva iirc as the common stuff.... the sliver just feels like a 'we need something worthwhile' in the common drops except they're pretty useless if you're at max riven capacity and the other two are pretty easy to find outside of relics in my experience...

The whole lich system is basically designed around replayable content that is basically grind via repetitive rng tasks.  I personally don't see why we need the requiem mods to be consumable and I don't even see why we even needed the requiem relics in the first place outside of the grind mentioned above.... we could have easily had the mods drop from thralls or something (they could even be consumable this way), we need to kill them to kill the lich anyway. 

• Like 1

Well if you don't get the uncommon drop for the mods, its either the amber star or the kuva. And considering how easily obtainable kuva is at this point. Yeah I'm gonna go for free rivens pieces for free rivens. 10 may be a bit much but considering how rare rivens in general are to get from sorties (I usually go weeks without getting any, nothing but FriEndo and Pineapples) its nice to have a source for potential shotgun / rifle / pistol and melee rivens other than sorties. Imagine being angry at more free potential plat income or a boost to a weapon you enjoy.

Edited by Cmdr-A
  • Like 1

Granted for those that just started playing the riven silver is a god send. Getting at least a gurantee riven a week is great. For others that have over 30+, it's just another purple mod.I wouldn't mind if there were other stuff in these requiem relics. Just like normal relics, it takes time for DE to inject new stuff into these RNG pods. Just imagine an Umbra Forma being inside one of these things.

They're just trying to keep people coming back to the Requiem fissures, so there would always be people to radshare with. Same reason why the Requiem mods have limited charges. And yeah, it's pretty dumb, especially since people are going to go for the mods above anything else.

Short of reworking the bit completely, the fissures should drop a resource to recharge the mods, so you can play the thing for other rewards while helping out people who need the mods.

But if I had my way, I would've shut down the Fissures, shifted the Weapon Exilus to Simaris, and have the Kuva Siphon/Floods drop the mods directly. This extra layer of RNG is nonsense.

Every gambling mechanic needs a failure roll of some sort. Its the same reason why the oldest and most outdated prime weapons are still cluttering up so many relics. If you win 100% of the time, then it isn't a gamble, now is it? And technically, none of the rewards are completely useless. So you can't even really claim that DE is cheating you, either.

I do think there should be more than two mods per kuva relic: one common and two rares. And there should be either a shard or star, not both.

Except that not everyone is willing to trade, especially for Rivens. Thus said people only get a single change a day to get a Riven via Sorties.

If you don't need them because you trade then don't take them, simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viaxon6 said:

They don't make any sense, really. You need 10 of them. TEN.

So you need to spend an HOUR to get a riven, doesn't seem that bad, right? In the same time i would open 10 or so relics, that would give me at least 50+ plat, which is already enough to simply buy a riven off the market.

Alternatively i can just take random parazon mods from Requiem relics and sell them- 3-4 of them are enough to buy a riven.. So why would i waste 10 relics to get a riven, while i could just take things and sell them?

I guess the only worse drop from requiems are ayatan stars... But chances that you get only stars and slivers are so low it's always better to grab ANYTHING but those two.

Wtf ? XD tough u were talking about mods or something , they probably didn't had anything in mind for that and since in 2 weeks for mostly of people will return doing nothing those relic will be used to get rivens or weapons mod .. do u think whoever speed farming the nemesis sistem actually will care of searching the nice looking boss or play with the rng of the game ? No they care just about mastery , well good for u , u are 28 now crawl on your hole and do nothing for another 4 months.

50 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

You're complaining about an extra riven a week aside from the COMMONLY dropped ones sorties give out. This is all without consideration to the quest rivens and Gift of the Lotus handouts.

Just why?

Wait, you can't trade unlimited Riven silvers to Palladino?

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

They decided they'd go the relic route which works so well with prime parts (we all love rng prime parts don't we....)

Actually, I really do. The way the prime parts work are a huge part of Warframe's success because they are the engine of the player driven economy, and they're the primary source of platinum income for people who cannot/don't want to spend money on it.

• 1 month later...

I assumed you needed 4 when they were added. Found out it was 10 from clan and my first reaction was well they're basically useless then for transmuting. I dunno why transmuting rivens is such a big deal to require more than just 4 Riven mods. Odds are you will almost always be losing money doing it, people just want to get rid of stuff to make space quickly and hopefully get a good dice roll. Plus you're bonus-punished by having to do another Riven unlock chore with the new one instead of it just randoming a new unveiled weapon immediatly. The whole thing is overly picky for no reason.

Edited by Wolfdoggie