Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.6 + 26.0.6.1

[DE]Megan

Can we get some sort of despawn timer or something on Kuva Liches? I've experienced several players now who outright refuse to attempt to kill their Lich, despite being in the mission types designed to encounter them. This causes a completely unkillable boss to wander around while the other 1-3 players in the mission attempt to finish whatever mission type their in. Further, these players are inadvertently (or purposefully) preventing other players from spawning their own Liches. Also, I'm aware one could just "play solo" or "play with friends" but doing so limits your player base. 

On 2019-11-08 at 11:13 AM, [DE]Megan said:

New Kuva Weapon Combining: VALENCE TRANSFER

Replace a Kuva weapon’s innate damage bonus with one from another Kuva weapon of the same kind. This process destroys the donor weapon and overrides the previous Kuva weapons damage bonus.

For example: everything you've done on Kuva Seer A will stay (Forma, Potato, Lens, Mod Configs, Appearance Configs, etc) when Kuva Seer B is consumed. The buff from Kuva Seer B will be passed onto Kuva Seer A, and Kuva Seer B will cease to exist in your Inventory.

Nice. But you really need to let us combine the bonus damages 

10 hours ago, Karl0vich said:

Can we get some sort of despawn timer or something on Kuva Liches? I've experienced several players now who outright refuse to attempt to kill their Lich, despite being in the mission types designed to encounter them. This causes a completely unkillable boss to wander around while the other 1-3 players in the mission attempt to finish whatever mission type their in. Further, these players are inadvertently (or purposefully) preventing other players from spawning their own Liches. Also, I'm aware one could just "play solo" or "play with friends" but doing so limits your player base. 

Agree. Ppl say removing the teamshared murmur bonus progress from failing to kill a lich is a downside to teamplay, which for me in fact has nothing to do with teamplay, as long as liches only show up one at a time. Because you are forced to help, if you want yours to spawn. 

Shared murmur bonus progress is imo good. Not because it encourages teamplay, only because it makes lich farm less grindy. 

Bosses don’t overlap and they shouldn’t imo, but to fix this “coward prob”, I would suggest to give a count down on each spawned lich. If the owner doesn’t interact in 45s or so, he will despawn. 

Edit: I noticed each spawned lich could generate 10 ( if true) more thralls and that’s why failing to kill it would grant you 10 bonus progress. Some ppl didn’t kill them before to keep the anger up as well as to farm the thralls. 

What is happening now: thralls are shared among Team but failure bonus is not. Let aside luck factor: 

For  lich’s Owner : try killing a lich would give 10 bonus progress but remove the anger as well as level him up. This is a bad deal considering waiting for the lich to make 10 thralls and kill them isn’t a big deal, not to mention thralls are shared, and you can still get your bonus after that.

For  teammates: you get only your time wasted if other lich spawns and got instantly tried out. There may be few thralls generated by the lich while he is alive but shorter he exists, fewer thralls. Unless you are waiting for your last fight with your lich, teammate not killing theirs will only do you good as thralls progress are 100% shared.

solution: stop making liches generate thralls. Making failed trials bonus 100% shared among group. Give a countdown on each spawned lich. 

Stats on catchmoon both status chance and projectile speed are miscalculated they came up short to what they should be.

That said crit catchmoon needed nerf but status version did not saw much use if you can increase status chance base stats to the level where 2 status chance 60/60 mods can get it to 100% we will be able to use catchmoon as an utility weapon right now impact damage gets in a way and having extra 30% and 105% to push status tables on [rad/viral] away from impact will help allot.

Ability when to dodge and when to stay in place still is not fixed on gun blades we just bounce of the walls unable to hit any thing because walls are forcing camera perspective to change.

Zenistar inability to stack combo in high level needs addressing this is weapon designed for high level endurance missions but in it's current state you can't use it. It got nerfed by changes and because the disc did not received any buffs so it got hit twice already, and that is not a problem zenistar is an utility weapon not damage weapon so most people will be ok even if you reduce damage of the disc to 5 but you can't reduce disc duration or prock rate.

I hope some one from DE will read this.

1 hour ago, RosenLikor said:

Agree. Ppl say removing the teamshared murmur bonus progress from failing to kill a lich is a downside to teamplay, which for me in fact has nothing to do with teamplay, as long as liches only show up one at a time. Because you are forced to help, if you want yours to spawn. 

Shared murmur bonus progress is imo good. Not because it encourages teamplay, only because it makes lich farm less grindy. 

Bosses don’t overlap and they shouldn’t imo, but to fix this “coward prob”, I would suggest to give a count down on each spawned lich. If the owner doesn’t interact in 45s or so, he will despawn. 

lich's no thx a let down The Grind is Too Much  now 

I must say that even if Grendel is a pain to get, he's very fun to play (for me at least).

A bug with Mercy: if you somehow stagger a non-thrall enemy (i.e. Dethcube's Vaporize) and Mercy becomes available - you cannot do it until this stagger animation completes (which in case of Vaporize is pretty long). And maybe increase health threshold for Mercy being available? 5% is too low - enemies often get destroyed way before you can reach them.

Redeemer/Prime can no longer do stealth takedowns (unless there is a new way now) when you get the stealth takedown prompt it just shoots instead equipped or not equipped.

Also noticed you can also no longer while on the move use the secondary shoot mode of the redeemer, you have to use heavy attack key to run and shoot while the redeemers equipped.

Can we please get the Zenistar fixed, I'm wondering why have we lost 40 seconds off the secondary disc when deployed, now when you throw it out 9 seconds later disc has returned, I really hope it's a bug because the change has now rendered that weapon useless.

Please can we get the parazon animation while hacking toned down a bit, it's seems to be a bit much, the animations are off putting and seems lopsided when it pops out and the endstop motion seems to wastes time because of the offputting animations. I guess I'll get use to it but why fancy something up that had a good ui in the first place.

edit: forgot to add no longer have access to the loadout slots in arsenal because of the new interface, I'd rather you had just left it the way it was it worked, now I have to click one click just to see what companion is equipped, unless there is plans in the future for multiple companions 😉😉 

I'm liking a lot of the changes but those above are what I've been experiencing.

Edit: A big thank you to DE for whoever fixed the lighting in tilesets, just played a grineer mission from being in hospital the last week and coming back to the game it looks awesome now, it's as you'd expect it to look. 🙂 🙂 

1 hour ago, Zeljko89 said:

lich's no thx a let down The Grind is Too Much  now 

The grind is your choice. The lich system wasn't designed to be completed in a day. You guys burning the candle at both end will find the room soon to be dark.

OK... so I 'killed' the larvling, only he didn't die after he was transformed.  He ran around afterwards shooting at me and I couldn't kill him.  He robbed me as I exited the mission, THEN he was introduced to me in my lander (the usual way).  I do want that pistol... so he's to hoping...

097E7B7142289E9F0B4E04025C88A15EBA82DC57

105A09FF2CDD1B4B46010216F45B8DCACFCC5269

10654827EA7DDDB00E5C63A73F159FFF7F651CCA

please DE, you can change the use 5 forms for MR kuva weapons, it is not fun to have 13 paracesis to level, not to mention that I do not feel like making a build to a weapon that I will not use, I prefer to invest those forms in other things more in line with my style of play.

I'm sorry if my English is bad.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Karl0vich:

Just play solo. 

I was happy about ppl not killing liches

HELLO...

I just want to know why only Female tenno(s) have cool braid/ dreadlocks/ tentacle thingys on the [emissary] tenno attire (helms) , but not males.

MALES HAIRS ALSO MATTER PLS.

(thus respectfully, I request you to add that cool stuff to male counterparts too, ty.)

Is it too much to ask for liches to drop a requiem relic and maybe some kuva on attempt? I think that would lessen the amount of jerk ignoring their liches or extracting while someone if fighting theirs.

Also how do you explain being able to opt out of the nemesis program? That shouldn't be a thing. Liches should be generated randomly or on players death and we should be pushed to get rid of them. We can't exactly opt out of being invaded by a stalker & co now can we? 

Kuva Weapon RNG & Proposed Solutions

Currently you can transfer the damage bonus of a weapon of the same type as long as its bonus is greater than the base weapon. This allows people to 'upgrade' their Kuva Weapon without wasting Forma or an Pexilus but still leaves people with the possibility of several weaker dupes of the same weapon. Simply telling those people to convert those liches is not a very constructive retort. Thus I have some ideas about how the system can be made better for actually everyone.

Option A
In the case of weaker weapon bonuses you can infuse them into a stronger weapon of the same type and element, granting it 25% of the weaker weapon's bonus.
For example: Player A acquires a Kuva Quartakk with 32% Radiation damage.
After fighting through a few more liches and spawning the next, they get another Kuva Quartakk but with a +20% Radiation bonus.
If they choose to slay that lich and use that weapon for infusion, it would grant their 32% Radiation bonus an additional 5%, raising it to 37%. For uneven numbers percentages being rounded up or down would be fine, as it would still be an appreciable amount of progress.

Option B
In the case of weaker weapon bonus you can choose to break down a weapon into a 'Kuva Core' which can be used with the addition of Kuva, to increase the bonus of a Kuva Weapon. A Kuva Core is required to increase a bonus to the next level. Each level is 10%, starting from 20-30%, going all the way up to 60% (which AFAIK is the highest possible bonus).
For example: Player A acquires a Kuva Chakkhurr with +23% Electricity damage.
After fighting through a few more liches they've acquired a number of Kuva Kraken's, but don't actually want those weapons.
If they choose to break the Krakens down into Kuva Cores they can then use them to level up the elemental bonus of their Chakkhurr. The first bump would be from 23% up to 30%, with the cost being a Kuva Core and and a set amount of Kuva per percent increase which increases every 10%.

[20-30%]
450 Kuva/1% (Max Required 4500)

[30-40%]
500 Kuva/1% (Max Required 5000)

[40-50%]
600 Kuva/1% (Max Required 6000)

[50-60%]
700 Kuva/1% (Max Required 7000)

From absolute minimum to absolute maximum it would require 22500 Kuva. Which is approximately 33-41 Kuva Siphons or 17-21 Kuva Floods. Keep in mind relics can be farmed from Kuva Floods and Siphons so there is some incentive and thus reason to run them instead of only fighting thralls/liches.
Additionally it would also require 4 Kuva Cores, and thus 4 sacrificed Kuva Weapons meaning you would have to vanquish 4 liches. The idea is that regardless of weapon dupe or its bonus everybody is able to get the desired weapon to its full potential within a certain number of liches, regardless of how terrible your their luck is.

Option A Would effectively be a further expansion to the current Valence transfer system.
Option B Could be an effective alternative method to upgrading a weapon, as opposed to simply relying on luck.
If both were added the Kuva Lich system would be far more palatable to the entire playerbase, as all alternate routes are optional.

In-game FPS limiter has been randomly breaking down recently. It resets itself to max monitor capable hz/fps limit, instead of what you set it to be.

I have it set to 120fps and game randomly from time to time resets it back to 144fps, even though in settings it still says 120fps. (I have to set it to 144fps, confirm the changes and set it back to 120fps to change it)

My monitor is Freesync capable so it is capable of 144hz. The reason I do not have it set to 144fps in the game because in the past in-game limiter at frequent occasions would spike through 144fps limit to 145/146fps, thus creating small stutters. I remember there was a post on these forums from one of your devs, who was working on this issue as a past time hobby. Unfortunately issue is still present, and limiter cannot prevent the spikes. So I set the limiter to 120fps, that if there is a spike in fps above the limiter, it is still within 144fps which is comfortable for my monitor, so I do not see any stutters.

To be fair game limiter is miles better than what AMD has in their drivers.

Also, not pre-generating the whole map at the beginning of the missions is a pain, since every time you enter new section of the map it feels like it is generating new sections for a split second and sometimes (not always for some reason) game stutters when you are going through the doors to new areas. It would be great if maps were generated fully at the beginning of the mission that we don't have these stutters happening.

My system is:

Ryzen 9 3900x

16Gb of 3600mhz low latency RAM

Vega 7 with 16Gb VRAM

Samsung NVMe EVO pro SSD for system

Intel 750 series pci-e NVMe game drive

80mbit download

20mbit upload

Thanks

Archived