Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack time gate is a joke

(PSN)Kamil-the-KamiKa

2 hours ago, Neuerwinter said:

tenor.gif

Is this a forum joke?

No. People were actually asking for this. I mean, would you rather a timegate when Empyrean itself launches, where you're unable to jump right in? Skippable or otherwise?

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

For perhaps the first time in this game, there is literally zero gameplay reason to grind out making a Railjack ship quickly. Zero. If we estimate the next phase of Railjack releases in 4 weeks' time, building your ship in 4 weeks is exactly as effective as building it in 4 days.

Relax.

DE did say when they first announced this that they don't want the gap to be too long, even saying a week would be quite long. So, given DE time, it'd be a bit more accurate to talk about 1-2 weeks, including next week (although that would be extremely optimistic).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

you get to build railjack parts. So far it seems to only serve the role of having the player base something grindy to do until they release a new update which basically means the update is just a huge wall for us to build with no way of getting past it until phase 2 comes out.

Honestly I see this as DE being smart about allowing us to farm resources in preparation for the payoff.

They didn’t have to do this, but I think the player base will appreciate it AND it offers a great marketing hook in preparation.

This has all the psychological weight of pre-order sales for a new game, except it’s virtual resources instead of real money.

People need to relax and just play.

35 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

DE did say when they first announced this that they don't want the gap to be too long, even saying a week would be quite long. So, given DE time, it'd be a bit more accurate to talk about 1-2 weeks, including next week (although that would be extremely optimistic).

Well if that's true I'm certainly happy about it. All the same though, my point still stands that since the content to grind for isn't going to be available for a while yet, there's no point in Tenno busting their Bazas to grind all the stuff right now.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Well if that's true I'm certainly happy about it. All the same though, my point still stands that since the content to grind for isn't going to be available for a while yet, there's no point in Tenno busting their Bazas to grind all the stuff right now.

Absolutely agreed.

Just to point something out...you're rebuilding a multi-crew spaceship, one that's possibly bigger than the player's Orbiter. Honestly, one should reasonably expect that putting the thing back together from salvaged components would be time consuming and expensive.

That being said...

There are 6 sections, each taking 12 hours to repair and 1 mil credits per section. No, build time cannot be rushed.

You'll personally need:

• 15 Argon Crystals ( for one section)
  • 30 Orokin Cells
  • 30 Neural Sensors
  • 35 Neurodes
  • 50 Morphics
  • 100 Cubics
  • 100 Pustrels
  • 120 Copernics
  • 120 Carbides
  • 200 Control Modules
  • 500 Detonite Ampules
  • 500 Fieldron Samples
  • 1000 Cryotics
  • 3000 Plastids
  • 4500 Polymer
  • 5000 Circuits
  • 10000 Salvage
  • 15000 Rubedo
  • 20000 Ferrite
  • 20000 Nano Spores
  • 27000 Alloy Plate

The Railjack sections are (in build order):

Fuselage > Propulsion > Port Nacelle > Starboard Nacelle > Tail Section > Engine Cowling.

06il9nekih041.png

Hope that list helps people in their planning.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 4

DE " oh we don't want another Hema type debacle" LIED as usual.

this is getting like 7 years old now. sorry for those whom are low  on stuff /resources/ just in the first stages of the game and wants to do this. this is truly insulting to the gamers.

Edited by ranks21
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Just to point something out...you're rebuilding a multi-crew spaceship, one that's possibly bigger than the player's Orbiter. Honestly, one should reasonably expect that putting the thing back together from salvaged components would be time consuming and expensive.

That being said...

There are 6 sections, each taking 12 hours to repair and 1 mil credits per section. No, build time cannot be rushed.

You'll personally need:

• 15 Argon Crystals ( for one section)
  • 30 Orokin Cells
  • 30 Neural Sensors
  • 35 Neurodes
  • 50 Morphics
  • 100 Cubics
  • 100 Pustrels
  • 120 Copernics
  • 120 Carbides
  • 200 Control Modules
  • 500 Detonite Ampules
  • 500 Fieldron Samples
  • 1000 Cyotics
  • 3000 Plastids
  • 4500 Polymer
  • 5000 Circuits
  • 10000 Ferrite
  • 10000 Salvage
  • 15000 Rubedo
  • 20000 Nano Spores
  • 27000 Alloy Plate

The Railjack sections are (in build order):

Fuselage > Propulsion > Port Nacelle > Starboard Nacelle > Tail Section > Engine Cowling.

I...actually have all but the new materials...and the credits.

Did it really need to be 1 million per part...?

8 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

DE " oh we don't want another Hema type debacle" LIED as usual.

Complaining about Hema is quite reasonable - all that effort and grind for a mediocre, infested, hand held bio-weapon with a gimmick.

A big spaceship? I have to politely disagree (but I do see where you're coming from). This is meant for players that have finished the Second Dream quest and are in Clans..and have a fair bit of play time under their belts.

As a veteran player, I wont deny that the credit cost of building the thing is a significant investment. Also, farming 15 Argon is not going to be fun. The other materials can be acquired fairly quickly with the aid of a Resource Booster within a week of "normal" play.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Did it really need to be 1 million per part...?

IMHO? No. Absolutely not.

I'd have been fine with 100k - 250k Credits but 1 mil is really steep - even for me.

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

Complaining about Hema is quite reasonable - all that effort and grind for a mediocre, infested, hand held bio-weapon with a gimmick.

A big spaceship? I have to politely disagree (but I do see where you're coming from). This is meant for players that have finished the Second Dream quest and are in Clans..and have a fair bit of play time under their belts.

As a veteran player, I wont deny that the credit cost of building the thing is a significant investment. Also, farming 15 Argon is not going to be fun. The other materials can be acquired fairly quickly with the aid of a Resource Booster within a week of "normal" play.

IMHO? No. Absolutely not.

I'd have been fine with 100k - 250k Credits but 1 mil is really steep - even for me.

Yup, have to admit the credits are what will really slow me down with this. That's going to be a lot of dark sector defence or Index runs to pay for that lot ...

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

Feel like joining me? Misery love company 😛

On Switch at the moment so as much as I honestly would love to I can't, which I guess is a good thing because it gives me time to save up.

Kinda hope they do a Double Credits weekend sometime in the near future, because Lotus knows I'll need it.

I'm really trying to imagine how the grind is for people just starting out because for me it was about 2-3hrs of grind and about 48hrs of waiting on timers. 

The actual ship building itself feels very generous when it comes to not being super grindy. They could have made the resource requirements so much worse but most of them you just have to run one or two missions and you're set. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Yup, have to admit the credits are what will really slow me down with this. 

Likewise.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

On Switch at the moment so as much as I honestly would love to I can't, which I guess is a good thing because it gives me time to save up.

Kinda hope they do a Double Credits weekend sometime in the near future, because Lotus knows I'll need it.

No worries - and agreed!

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I'm really trying to imagine how the grind is for people just starting out because for me it was about 2-3hrs of grind and about 48hrs of waiting on timers. 

Half of my Clan is composed of MR 5-8 newbies...I feel their pain.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Kamil-the-KamiKa said:

i know im just talking about the actual quest itself to just get the ship prepared, not what goes after. What is available right now is just a joke.

Why? It's not like the stuff is hard to farm. You could have had this stuff stockpiled. The 7Ps and all that. 

I suppose I'm just more used to MMORPGs where farming for just about everything is just the reality. It doesn't bother me particularly. Never has.