Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to return the old archwing flight system

Acryt

28 минут назад, tzadquiel сказал:

its not for petition. it's for the upvotes

100% I confirm.

Seriously, I don't give a damn about the rating. If I wanted to do this because of the rating, I would find more convenient ways.

I care about the game I'm playing.

Edited by Acryt

I, as well as a lot of other players, are already used to the new system. Its not bad at all combat wise nor is it bad for mobility. The lack of inertia makes turns very responsive.

Sure, having some inertia while not holding the movement key is fine, but I want to come to a complete stop by pressing "s".

I think rolls can be brought back in.

Imagine calling the old archwing movement realistic. Lol.

If you ever stepped foot in any semi realistic flight game you would realize how wrong you are.

The new movement are way better. They removed the buffonery and went full space ninja void magic which is totally fine. It's in line with the rest of the game.

15 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Hell fecking no, thank you. I can actually play Titania in Razorwing mode outside of the Plains and Orb Vallis now without constantly bumping into everything in existence.

Normal hovering feels great.

What about while boosting? Last time I checked you can no longer turn around in razorwing without moving your entire camera. Razorwing blitz at full strength turns you into a pinball that can warp through walls half the time.

Archwing 1.0 was fine and I enjoyed it immensly, until people started to say it needed to be more "realistic." Then they added that awful inertia, then they added that god-awful 6DoF or whatever that abomination was called. The new movement feels like they hit the reset button and went back to 1.0 with some good tweaks, which I fully support.

I wish Archwing was this smooth when JV was a thing.

It was fine back than when Plains first stared and no one knew Itzel was such a King to flight because everyone felt of the same speed, except for the speed mod equipped. Then when everyone found out Itzel Speed trumps all except Gauss upside down speed, we all gravitated to keep up for missions for we would be always the last to get there. Without Itzel we all would be probably dashing in operator mode instead of archwings. lol

25 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Hell fecking no, thank you. I can actually play Titania in Razorwing mode outside of the Plains and Orb Vallis now without constantly bumping into everything in existence.

I am seing A LOT more titanias out there lately, presuming this is thanks to the movement mechanics. 

Is this a joke?

The new system changed archwing so you can control the damn thing finally. The old "realistic" (It wasn't realistc btw) system was a pain to use.

Just like the warframes the archwings are now easy to control and it got closer to how the ground combat feels. I don't see the point of having "realistic" controls with the really responsive warframe controls.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

I am seing A LOT more titanias out there lately, presuming this is thanks to the movement mechanics. 

Probably. I started to used her when the deluxe skin came out but the new controls are really nice and responsive. It's much more easier to maneuver around in smaller tiles.

no. one of the BIGGEST reasons no one liekd archwing was because it was slow,clunky,heavy,and you drifted way to much.
I like this. its more similar to the OG AW but better. its tight. its easy to control. and its arcady like litterly everything else in this game.
old archwing was like old warframe were if you jumped to far and landed you were forced to roll and had to wait for that animation to end as you fall of the edge or die to the grineer shooting the tumbleweed frame.

AW controls like this are more likely to give people a reason to use it. because this int a flight sim.
((but of course every change will upset somebody. i mean hell letting vandals able to be colored had someone upset. *shrug*))

27 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

It was fine back than when Plains first stared and no one knew Itzel was such a King to flight because everyone felt of the same speed, except for the speed mod equipped. Then when everyone found out Itzel Speed trumps all except Gauss upside down speed, we all gravitated to keep up for missions for we would be always the last to get there. Without Itzel we all would be probably dashing in operator mode instead of archwings. lol

ya. i saw all the post complaining it takes 3 hours to traverse the plane now that itzal lost rapid blink and there is a 3 sec cd. boo hoo.

oh no. people cant travel 5 KM instantly like some kind of fast travel. they have to do it in 5 seconds now. oh the humanity.

some people,right?

3 hours ago, Acryt said:

We love the game, because it provides us with challenges that we have to cope with.

also i had to quote this. ive heard this ALOT in the monster hunter days.

"coping with S#&$ty mechanics. does not = involving gameplay"

thats called S#&$ty controls your forced to adapt to.