The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe become official pay 2 win?

Gasau

Its always affected gameplay. There is no pay to win. Pay for faster yes l, but entirely achievable without. I played for 5 years without spending a dime. And considering how easily you can trade plat for prime parts you never have to spend money.

Edited by mrbubblepants
Spelling
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, mrbubblepants said:

Its always affected gameplay. There is no pay to win. Pay for faster yes l, but entirely achievable without. I played for 5 years without spending a dime. And considering how easily you can trade plat for prime parts you never have to spend money.

that's not the issue at hand... the issue is that a mechanic, the booster, which you need to pay for with platinum, a premium currency, is influencing minute to minute gameplay which was not the case up until now

• Like 4

I think the PTW thing is the 50p repair items and the Diracs.

50p = skip all materials and get your new railjack weapon/ship part built. Meaning you don't have to farm 2.5k pustrels and a few thousand other materials. 

Diracs upgrade your ships mods AND the grid

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

I think the PTW thing is the 50p repair items and the Diracs.

50p = skip all materials and get your new railjack weapon/ship part built. Meaning you don't have to farm 2.5k pustrels and a few thousand other materials. 

Diracs upgrade your ships mods AND the grid

The repair drone is just like buying a piece of equipment from the market (warframe, weapons, etc) but with a fixed price (when you buy normal equipment with plat it even comes with a reactor/catalyst and a slot), so nothing new...

but the diracs thing is like buying endo i think...idk, but i really dont care  

• Like 4

Well allow me to explain how i see it.

Those will not really be of use in the future. They are just there to force interaction. When you do a mission ( and finally complete it because i failled a crap ton of them this morning ) you will see that in mission you drop soo much of those ressources its insane.

'Pay to Win' as a term means being able to pay for power that is not realistically accessible without doing so. Warframe has had "pay to skip" for about as long as the game has been a thing, and has removed features it felt were pay to win in the past. 

• Like 5

Wf has always been Pay to skip. Which I am not really against when it is moderated. Especially the chore is too unbearable or long and some people just may not have the time or patience. I farm whatever I can, or whatever I feel like is not a huge waste of time but I tend to use affinity or resource boosters or rush foundry items If I need em quick.

Haven't played Railjack yet btw. So not sure what the op is talking about.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Gasau said:

O0bNlj0.jpg

If I understand correctly, the double resource multiplier now directly affects the gameplay. What makes the game a total pay 2 win.

Correct me if I am wrong.

You mean pay to skip. Not pay to win.

Warframe has always been pay to skip. Since we can buy mods instead of dropping them or buying weapons instead of crafting.

• Like 1

i guess you're technically right, Gameplay is objectively easier when you get more of the Resources, Resources that determine whether you win or lose the Mission (or how difficult it will be, if not a critical breach).

how significant that will be in the grand scheme remains to be seen, but you're right i suppose, yes.

now if some of the parrots in here would have stopped to read the Thread before they Posted a message.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gasau said:

O0bNlj0.jpg

If I understand correctly, the double resource multiplier now directly affects the gameplay. What makes the game a total pay 2 win.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Wrong forum, dude. This is neither Warface nor Skyforge.

This is Warframe, and Boosters have always been present pretty much since the release of the 1st booster.

• Like 3

3 минуты назад, Xenox_Ilz-ot сказал:

Do you need it to win the game? No

refill the revolite for the omni tool.

omni tool need to repair the ship

Yes you need it to win the game actually, or you ship gonna die and you fail the mission.

This is purest 100% pay 2 win.

• Like 11

I don't think the resource booster is P2W but that you can buy Dirac is close to P2W. It is compared to the small amounts that drops a huge number.

But what concerns me more is the frequency and quality of those supporter packages in the store and the 800+ plat bundles latley. They seem very desperate.

Edited by tyreens
  • Like 3

Just now, tyreens said:

I don't think the resource booster is P2W but that you can buy Dirac is close to P2W. It is compared to the small amounts that drops a huge number.

But what concerns me more is the frequency and quality of those supporter packages in the store and the 800+ plat bundles latley. They seem very desperate.

Eh, it's comparable to endo bundles and mod packs.  It's wildly inefficient.  Rather than p2w I would call it exploitative, giving people a opportunity to waste plat on something that can earn in game quite easily is kind of offensive.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Aggh:

Eh, it's comparable to endo bundles and mod packs.  It's wildly inefficient.  Rather than p2w I would call it exploitative, giving people a opportunity to waste plat on something that can earn in game quite easily is kind of offensive.

Yeah and? Buying endo is kind of P2W too (But it would be dumb to do so :D). The difference is that you can farm better endo than dirac for what i've seen until now and that the endo/plat ratio is much worse.

Edited by tyreens
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ChronoPhX said:

that's not the issue at hand... the issue is that a mechanic, the booster, which you need to pay for with platinum, a premium currency, is influencing minute to minute gameplay which was not the case up until now

I don't see how that's true. Still looks like pay to skip 

18 minutes ago, tyreens said:

Yeah and? Buying endo is kind of P2W too (But it would be dumb to do so :D). The difference is that you can farm better endo than dirac for what i've seen until now and that the endo/plat ratio is much worse.

There are are for sure better endo farms, but as long as you have a pilot who makes sure to actually pick up all the dirac drops it's never really going to be worth buying with plat.