Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We NEED votekick now more than ever

Cerikus

Railjack is an amazing content for me, but what is a big problem is the fact that only the host can direct the next mission. 

I just got stacked with a selfish and very annoying person who draged us into a mission with a very low level railjack and then he was basically afk and waited for us to finish the mission. We didn't want to disconnect so we did the mission and he immediately started a new one even tough we asked him to go to drydock. 

Please DE do something about this, because players sometimes get hijack by selfish idiots and it kinda ruins the enjoyment. I don't have friends that play Warframe so I must do public squads and this is very annoying. It is not frequent, but it still happens...

We need something like votekick please :)))

• Like 1

I'm not sure votekick would help there -- what we need is a graceful "Leave Squad" option that simply lets us depart during the navigation transition. 

And I oppose votekick on general principles; the upsides of not having it far outweigh the downsides.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

5 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I'm not sure votekick would help there -- what we need is a graceful "Leave Squad" option that simply lets us depart during the navigation transition. 

And I oppose votekick on general principles; the upsides of not having it far outweigh the downsides.

Yes, true, that would be a better option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

This.

Again I am asking, because I do not know. Do I keep all the loot? All the exp?

Because it is basically an abort. So I lose all the exp and pickups, don't I?

Edited by Cerikus

We can't extract after a mission yet, as far as i know. But we should. And yes we also should keep all the loot in that case, of course.

Currently it seems that if a client aborts they keep previous mission rewards, but not the drops (according to this thread)... haven't taken the risk yet, as hosts i played with have been nice enough to go back to dojo after a few missions when asked politely.

Edited by Robolaser

55 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

do you get to keep all the loot and exp? I am not sure about that, so I don't want to do that.

there is not a solo extract option yet, I'm suggesting DE add one similar to defense missions.

so at the end of a rail jack mission

• the map would freeze
  • the continue or extract UI would appear with a countdown
  • any players on extract at the end of the countdown are sent back to their orbiters with all mission rewards
  • any players on continue would be free to loot the map and continue on to w/e as we have currently do

with that or something similar a host could not hold anyone "hostage"

currently I believe if you abort after the mission success screen you'll still keep your previous mission rewards, but I'm not 100% on that.

A "leave squad" option exactly like in the other open worlds would be ideal.

That action would simply migrate you to solo, which means you can use it mid mission too to finish it by yourself if you so desire, or to loot some more...

And if you are host, it host migrates the other players to a new host, exactly like it does in open world.

This railjack mode is literally a new open world island, who knows where squad link is and how that will tie the game together.

Edited by HunterDigi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Railjack is an amazing content for me, but what is a big problem is the fact that only the host can direct the next mission. 

I just got stacked with a selfish and very annoying person who draged us into a mission with a very low level railjack and then he was basically afk and waited for us to finish the mission. We didn't want to disconnect so we did the mission and he immediately started a new one even tough we asked him to go to drydock. 

Please DE do something about this, because players sometimes get hijack by selfish idiots and it kinda ruins the enjoyment. I don't have friends that play Warframe so I must do public squads and this is very annoying. It is not frequent, but it still happens...

Vote kick wouldn't work here.

If host DCs, "clients" still can't use navigation terminal so you would be just as stuck. 

Leave Squad is a way better option than Vote Kick.

For one, Leave Squad mechanics are already built into WF, DE just needs to implement it into RJ.  Yes, you get to keep all the loot/rewards you had at the time you left (in Orb Valis, Plains of Eidolon, Survival Missions, the rest of the mission types that support individuals leaving).  The only downside is that any time there is a host migration the floating loot that isn't picked up yet also disappears.  At times the mission progress gets reset to the last checkpoint, too.  So try to leave only when it says time to extract kinda thing...

I also super like the idea of the "Stay or Go" option that's also already in WF, for the interception, Void Relic survival, and defense modes.  That'd also be super useful in RJ, end of the mission loot gets distributed and everyone gets a 10 second counter to stay or go.  Being AFK and not selecting either option defaults into staying as per what it usually does as in Defense missions (I love seeing people that AFK'd the whole way through get left behind by the rest of the squad.)

Edit: I just really wish there was a report player option for trolling ashats.  Too bad there are too many things that can go wrong in WF that have very high potential to NOT be the fault of the person being a pain in the butt at that exact moment.  Like killing the Simaris target.  Happens really often to me since I'll join a missions 20-30 second after the start and thereby never get the warning message that there is a Synth-Scan target until it pops, instantly dead.

Edited by KranDeLoy

As always the update is flawless, not rushed and properly tested. Upon getting the ''Mission Successful'' screen if you do not want to go on the next one and you have no say in the matter you can boldly smack that Abort Mission button and your rewards will be retained. The update is just a tad bit raw. Vote kick will solve nothing.  

Edited by FerdinantFreez

13 minutes ago, FerdinantFreez said:

As always the update is flawless, not rushed and properly tested. Upon getting the ''Mission Successful'' screen if you do not want to go on the next one and you have no say in the matter you can boldly smack that Abort Mission button and your rewards will be retained. The update is just a tad bit raw. Vote kick will solve nothing.  

If that is the case, then that is amazing ! It you really keep all the loot, exp and mission rewards, then perfect 🙂 

11 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Err...

You're asking to vote-kick the owner of the ship? From his own ship?

Just leave mission and find a new captain. Better solution: get your own ship.

What we need is a blacklist. We also need to be able to vote on the mission when the captain selects it, instead of being yanked out of menus right into the next one.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

I don't know if vote kick would do, a few other ways can reduce the problem.

There is a different kind of vote that is missing, the option to vote yes or no for the next Empyrean mission.

Maybe have some penalty to shared loot, from being away or idling too long, doing nothing.

Have an option to solo extract or individual extract, kind of like survival and excavation.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1152354-empyrean-individual-extraction/

With no solo extract / individual extraction, something should be done when the hosting player is dead with no more lives left or AFK / away.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1151756-railjack-team-members-cannot-access-navigation-when-host-dies/

Edited by sam686

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

If that is the case, then that is amazing ! It you really keep all the loot, exp and mission rewards, then perfect 🙂 

As long as you wait for the load to finish so you actually arrive in the new map then yes, your loot and exp is saved.
Basically transitioning to a new map is like finishing a PoE bounty: It saves your progress and counts the current map as a new mission.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

Maybe have some penalty to shared loot, from being away or idling too long, doing nothing.

Sadly this is already a thing...though it affects everyone not on the away-team:
Loot inside of bases and crewships is not shared and has to be picked up independently!

If the new weapons drop, or an umbra forma BP, or a rare archwing mod, or rare resource, you had best get into the base/ship before the mission is complete to get it or you just won't get it.

17 hours ago, Cerikus said:

do you get to keep all the loot and exp? I am not sure about that, so I don't want to do that.

You get to keep all loot and XP when solo extracting from ground missions - it only makes sense. With that said... You actually DON'T get to keep your loot and XP from Railjack missions in a lot of cases. I've ended multiple missions with no resources gained, I've ended multiple missions with the game telling me I earned 10 levels on my Mesa Prime, only to go back to my Orbiter and find all that XP missing entirely

Also, players other than the host can also interact with the Navigation console, I know this for a fact because I tend to let my crew select missions for me.

You do keep once the loading to next area is done ( be it dojo, as jebus intended, or the next mission), so at that point you are free to abort out- wait for the dojo to render in, or new mission goals to pop up.  

The other people can select navigation is very inconsistent.  Some people seem to have it work fine a lot, others never.  I have only seen the navigation pop up option perhaps 1/5th of the time on other people's ships.  I genuinely do not know which way it is supposed to work, but I think currently it is intended that anyone can nav out from the dojo, only the host/owner can drive it after that ( not saying I like this idea, merely how it seems to be designed).

Edited by Ogundiety

23 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I've ended multiple missions with no resources gained

Did you refine the resources in the forge?
If you don't refine you don't get any of what was in the forge...

Other resources that don't go to the forge though (such as Komms) seem to just be added to your rewards like normal rewards and skip the forge.

25 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Also, players other than the host can also interact with the Navigation console, I know this for a fact because I tend to let my crew select missions for me.

I've never been able to interact with the navigation console when I'm in another persons railjack, no interact option pops up and hitting the interact button does nothing.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

That's an unintended bug.

Only the captain/host is supposed to be able to, and I've never been able to select navigation unless I was hosting on my own ship.