Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #135: Empyrean!

[DE]Rebecca

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream135_1080p.jpg
Who:  Rebecca is joined by the usual crew on the couch!

What:  This Devstream is dedicated to all things Empyrean. There will be some spoilers. There will be deep dives into mission structure, stats, and more! We will be going over the world we are building with Empyrean, and what this ride will look like! Buckle in, keep your arms and legs inside at all times! 

Prizes? Oh yes! We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out. 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe 

Twitch Drop / Mixer Reward: Tune in to get a Forma with 30 minutes of watching! 

When: Join us this Friday, December 20th, at 2 p.m.   

Ask your Empyrean questions here!

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

How we sign up for your giveawayss/prizes or we just watch

5 minutes ago, Raynuva said:

Would it possible to expand Empyrean to have 6 or 8 Squadmates? A fully slotted Crew has

• 1 Pilot
  • 4 Gunners
    • Aft and Port Gunners
    • Top Gunner at Rank 3
    • Cannon Gunner at Rank 5
  • 1 person performing maintenance (Ruptures, Anti-Boarding, Crafting)
  • Some combination of Archwing combating the bogeys across the vector, collecting loot, or bee-lining to objective points

It would be great to see this expand past the standard 4-man Squad, just by the sheer scale of the roles and missions within RailJack.

amazing idea

Please give us some info on new player experience reworks!

Need I reiterate the game is so incredibly dense and misleading? Noobs are always complaining about getting obliterated in open worlds, they don't realise they need to progress elsewhere first.

So many issues and the playerbase isn't growing (on steam at least). I'm concerned.

Why was Empyrean so rushed and obviously released not even close to finish?

Why do you continue to skip any Q&A department work?

What was the reason to add RNG stats on parts? Why do the Zetki parts drop exponentially more than Lavan and/or Vidar?

Why are battle-avionics so poorly balanced?

Will there ever be more reward for playing RJ other than two weapons and the secret quest?

Any plans of introducing more diverse RJ missions that do not make the mode feel like copy-pasta?

Why are some of the weapons in RJ just utter garbage?

Will you revise the Heat Aquisition of weapons, making some MK2 weapons deal more DPS because the MK3 just overheat in a blink of an eye?

Will you finally introduce a way to counter the "unkillable" ship "buff"?

4 minutes ago, di0n08O8 said:

I'm mostly curious about whether or not they're going to reduce the resource cost for repairing Wreckage. As it is now, it's literally faster to farm 50 plat and buy a drone, instead of playing Empyrean and grinding the resources. This is very frustrating and hopefully isn't intended.

Preach it

i'm loving railjack however once i completed a mission, a "mission failed" occured because one of the crew didn't seal a breach in time resulting in us losing all our loot even though we had just had the "mission success" screen

would it be possible to have all railjack damage automatically paired upon completion to avoid this happening again? it just seemed foolish to fail a mission once we had completed it

1. Any plans to remove the random stats for wreckage? We're here to play Warframe not Diablo or Borderlands. All the recent random stats (Lich weapon bonus, wreckage stats, railjack weapon bonuses) on TOP of the usual RNG are really starting to concern a lot of us in regards to the direction the game is going in. Add to this the rush drones and it really looks like this is all part of the plan to have us spend plat on rush drones. At the VERY least we should get all of our resources back when we scrap, so if we build a part, then find a better one, we don't have to grind the same 5 missions over and over again, flying through empty space to get resources, kinda sucks the fun out of the cool space fights.

2. Any plans to at least tone down the absurd amount of health the new enemies have? Not a single one has less health than a Nox, and most have just as much health. Not to mention their damage.

3. What happened to Archguns? Why are the projectiles so slow you can't hit anything, and why did their damage get nerfed hard without any mention of it in any patch notes?

4. Any plans on making it so archwings are more viable in Railjack missions? A lot of abilities don't do much or anything right now, and they die in a few hits from projectiles you can't see or defend yourself from.

5. Instead of a node having a random objective, why don't we have it so specific nodes are a specific mission?

Three questions I have:

1: are there any plans on revamping Phorid?

2: Is there any update on getting enemy weapons to be used by players? (i.e. Nox Goo Gun, Machinist Flamethrower, etc.)

3: Is it possible to have past events (i.e. Hunt for Alad V, Shadow Debt, etc.) introduced as quests for players who didn't participate and who are interested in the lore?

16 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Also what happened to the Lunaro Melee weapon for PvE? And the Ghoul Chainsaw melee weapons? Are there any plans for a "Eventually" on those?

lunaro melee weapon was covered in a previous devstream - basically they dropped it as they couldn't get the mechanics to work properly in PvE.

Ghoul Chainsaw, pretty sure they said it was still being worked on a couple of months back.

RNG elements are an interesting concept, but can we perhaps tighten up the range of bonuses to a point where we can easily compare two railjack components?

Aside from that, there are many bugs that need to be addressed such as infinite loading into a mission or heading back into Dry Dock, controls being locked out, trying to exit the gunnery chair only to be pulled back in, getting soft locked during transitions between ground and archwing during Empyrean, and others.

Vacuum needs to extend to a larger area to compensate for a 3D environment such as Empyrean. Loot drops such as weapon blueprints in galleons need to be distributed to all players.

Enemy scaling also seems to be an issue amongst players as well. Empyrean enemies seem to have far more effective health than their normal counterparts at the same level.

What sort of resource rebalance should we expect? We aren't getting enough of the crafting resources to make more than 1 part at a time before we move into a area where that part is obsolete and the next tier requires even more resources. Then we have Dirac which drops in droves and even more can be gotten from scrapping the swath of stuff you just don't have the resources to build. At the moment I'm coasting through the Railjack Starchart with just highly leveled Avionics while I'm just getting into Veil Proxima and still have only ever built a mk1 gun and a mk1 reactor.

Archived