Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Talk About The Sentient Ship Farming Meta?

Ultimaservantx

Allow me to clarify the title. I am not asking for tips or necessarily thoughts on the current mechanics of the sentient anomaly appearance (although feel free to do so if you wish), but rather I would like to discuss the current trend of entering the anomaly, smashing the crystal, and then immediately leaving the squad to fend for themselves.

I want to preface my complaint by saying that I can handle a railjack mission by myself if necessary even on someone else's ship, but it's probably going to take a while in archwing. My complaint is that the playerbase seems to just want to get this new quest or farm up the new weapon parts, and "if I get/don't get what I need, then screw the rest of you guys." I'm sorry, but when I go into a mission, I intend to stay until the end regardless if I get what I wanted or not. It just seems selfish to me.

With that said, I can agree that if that is my concern, then maybe I should host or find a dedicated squad in recruitment, but that seems beside the point. I have been a part of several randomly made squads in the past week that stuck together for several missions and just had a good time regardless of if we got what we were farming for or not. I guess my main message would be to please be considerate of the rest of your railjack crew (especially if you happen to be the host) and perhaps consider not bailing on the mission when you get/don't get what you want. I don't know. Perhaps I am being a bit too harsh, but I just can't get behind this new meta of leaving mid-mission just because I did the sentient anomaly objective.

(I should also note, that, yes, by smashing the crystal, you can just abort mission to start the new quest and don't necessarily need to finish the mission. But is it really going to kill you to stay another 10 - 20 minutes to finish the mission? I also should point out that I understand if someone is on a time crunch and can't stay for the whole time, but I highly doubt that applies to all the times that my squads have just abandoned the railjack mission after the anomaly was finished.)

Anyways, please feel free to respond with your own thoughts or criticisms of anything that I brought up or the gamemode as it is totally possible that I have missed something that the community knows about.

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Ultimaservantx:

(I should also note, that, yes, by smashing the crystal, you can just abort mission to start the new quest and don't necessarily need to finish the mission. But is it really going to kill you to stay another 10 - 20 minutes to finish the mission? I also should point out that I understand if someone is on a time crunch and can't stay for the whole time, but I highly doubt that applies to all the times that my squads have just abandoned the railjack mission after the anomaly was finished.)

That is what DE wanted. They locked story (more or less) behind Railjack. I'm only interested in the story. Do I want to play Railjack in this state. Hell no. So now we have to deal without till we see some fixes (hahaha, sry had to be cynical here) in the future.

While I also hate being left solo in a sea of ship.

The only downside to this whole thing is that the sentient ship is *timed*. Its actually more efficient to attempt to get a Shedu part and abort if you dont get it because the ship is there for so little time.

Kill the three shield dudes and skip if you dont get a drop, keep going if you got something. Sadly this is another "dealing with the RNG" type of thing. It takes around 15mins to finish a Veil run, and the sentient last what? 30 mins? Reminds me of killing the Eidolons as fast as possible crew.

Now dont worry, once most people get Shedu and the market for it crashes, you and I will get our fills. For now, who can we truly blame for this?

• Like 1

I was one of the people that enter farm and exit for the parts, and repeat again, since you got 4 weapons part (no matter wich, cause they are tradeable).

Now that i have completed the weapons i simply don't make that mission during the sentient ship spawn, cause i know also other people want to farm and could do the same as me. But i don't complaint.... there are other nodes without ship where you could go without problem, finding a team up for finish the mission.

Just do another map, since the global histeria about that weapons finish 😃

• Like 1

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

DE should just make it an end of mission reward or have all the sentient drops come up as unidentified items and only revealed at the end.

Disagree.... is the right of each one have an easy farm of that weapon, and "enter, rush, kill, exit" for now is the best method. 

If the problem is: "but i ant to finish a mission and not to abort and fail", well, do another node😃

• Like 1

If you always stay until the end, regardless of whether or not you achieve your own goals, you're a better person than average Joe. And that's great. It's just that in its current form, this particular content invites and rewards selfishness. I think one possible solution would be to remove all other mission objectives when the anomaly pops up. Maybe raise the required kill count from 20 to something higher to make up for it. But if the sentient ship pops up, maybe automatically have that as the only objective, without involving any fighters, crewships, missile platforms and the like. 

• Like 1

The ship definitely should have been made easier to find after the first person did the quest.

The lead up was pretty good, and the mechanics contribute (since the community had to FIND the damn thing first) but afterwards it just became frustrating. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

The only downside to this whole thing is that the sentient ship is *timed*.

indeed - more Daylight Cycle garbage, that encourages Players to do exactly what Digital Extremes says they don't want people to do.

the game
encouraging and incentivizing
exactly what it says it doesn't want people to do
over
and
over

(and no, making the Shedu Parts a Mission Reward that you only get to see after you finish the Mission wouldn't change anything, that would actually make the Daylight Cycle garbage even worse. you'd be much better off finding ways to make stuff only appear from time to time in a way that isn't based on some pointless Timer, then nobody feels rushed, and then Players aren't incentivized to quit)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

DE should just make it an end of mission reward or have all the sentient drops come up as unidentified items and only revealed at the end.

Even if you get duplicates, people stay since you can trade them. So making them end off mission  or ??? drops wont solve anything, people will still leave if they get nothing. 

Edited by Nezha_Rose

Like the fellow above said, removing grineer enemies/objectives from the node would be the best for the short time period. This was meant to be that hidden/surpise content which is interesting, but having to deal with 90 enemies, 6 crew ships, and another objective in an end game area is too much for 30 minutes.

Cy "We've arrived, but enemy battalions have been annihilated"

This solves the problem, because people just abandon their ships and others park them deep inside the sentient ship (This makes enemy AI have a hard time). I've seen people just rush to the content with a ship sitting on meltdown mode, but I left the mission at 10 seconds lol. "Ain't Nobody got time for that"

This isn't anything new, unfortunately. Every time this has cropped up as a viable method of grinding something people have gone and abused it.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

This is exactly what they're going to eventually do. It's how they've dealt with people doing this every other time.

10 minutes ago, trst said:

This isn't anything new, unfortunately. Every time this has cropped up as a viable method of grinding something people have gone and abused it.

This is exactly what they're going to eventually do. It's how they've dealt with people doing this every other time.

Again this wont fix it. If no setient drop any "???" stuff people will still leave. 

And even now people *stay* if they get a duplicate since WTT them for other parts is easy and all parts fetch a pretty plat, so making these parts "???" Will still mean they got the part, meaning they will stay anyways. No "???" Means theyll leave.

Unlike previous situations, you dont obtain the "???" at the end of the mission, and the "???" Is not a guaranteed drop. People can look for the "???" At the beginning or just volt their arses out of there if they dont get them. 

I at least go to region chat and look for squads specifically doing this. I dont pub for railjack anyways since thats just too much bad experiences pilling on.

Edited by Nezha_Rose

30 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Even if you get duplicates, people stay since you can trade them. So making them end off mission  or ??? drops wont solve anything, people will still leave if they get nothing. 

No no, they should make everything a ? that drops, no matter what it is, so people simply dont know if they found a sentient core or something else. They just need to tweak how the drop tables work for those specific mods. Treat them as vault rewards or hidden containers.

1 hour ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Disagree.... is the right of each one have an easy farm of that weapon, and "enter, rush, kill, exit" for now is the best method. 

If the problem is: "but i ant to finish a mission and not to abort and fail", well, do another node😃

No it really isnt, it is an exploit in the end because you take advantage of the system in a way that really isnt intended. So it forces exploits onto people that dont wish to exploit in the first place. It also has negative impact if the host does it, because it can force people out of the mission unwillingly due to host migrations (that everyone knows is a thing). So in that regards it comes down to player griefing really, which imo shouldnt just be fixed with an altered loot table/distribution, but with an actual punishment placed on a player that does things to others exessively, like say a suspension or ban. Kinda like it is in all other games where people abuse and missuse their fellow players and the system for personal gain.

And do point me towards another node where I can find those sentinels while also playing the game in a legit way. Oh, looks like there isnt one. This is all about playing legit while also grinding for the parts needed since I'm very much against all forms of exploits.

edit: I kinda hope for a Venari approach to this whole thing.

Edited by SneakyErvin

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No no, they should make everything a ? that drops, no matter what it is, so people simply dont know if they found a sentient core or something else.

Or hear me out. Instead of making things incovenient for an already polarizing mode that is railjack, after the already polarizing lich  content and already polarizing changes in other areas,

Make it a guaranteed "???" drop from the red crystal. Make it also a shared drop so people dont leave their jacks alone. 

People get their part, they stay and help out. Sunshines and rainbows.

But knowing DE they probably wont do that.

Edited by Nezha_Rose
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Or hear me out. Instead of making things incovenient for an already polarizing mode that is railjack, after the already polarizing lich  content and already polarizing changes in other areas,

Make it a guaranteed "???" drop from the red crystal. Make it also a shared drop so people dont leave their jacks alone. 

People get their part, they stay and help out. Sunshines and rainbows.

But knowing DE they probably wont do that.

That would be all fine if it was something we need instantly. Which it isnt, it is a bonus thing obviously for something more to chase when the ship is there. Not everything needs to be "Nao Nao Nao! Bah content draught!" balanced.

7 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Why don't simply share the drop like they have done with Quellor/Pennant? This not solve the problem at 100%, but since the drop of at least one part is not so difficult, the sharing could avoid that all the team rush desperatly to the sentient ship leaving railjack 2 die... 

So there are still pilots that dont park their RJ inside the sentient ship? Why?

i actually managed to do one of those missions solo, i just park my ship inside the sentient ship where the dumb AI cant follow or attack my ship, and then i get rid of the crew-ships first by boarding them and then destroying their reactors with a stealth warframe (im not even bothering killing over-buffed enemies), since they are the principal reason veil is a pain in the neck, then after that i can perfectly deal with the rest of the fighters

Edited by Toppien

1 hour ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Why don't simply share the drop like they have done with Quellor/Pennant? This not solve the problem at 100%, but since the drop of at least one part is not so difficult, the sharing could avoid that all the team rush desperatly to the sentient ship leaving railjack 2 die... 

If they made it shared, we would clear more missions in the time frame by splitting up the party. Trade value is prolonged if its less accessible. Thats my guess.