Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vor a Lich ?

dwqrf

This dude is serving the queens, is king of the first Tenno's nemesis, and keeps coming back even after we kill him, many times. I know his power mainly comes from his janus key, but what if he was a lich before that ? I dont know about any relation between vor and kuva, but maybe he is just a lich, not a kuva one ?

Unlikely. He doesn't display any Kuva traits, and he does seem to have died legitimately before succumbing to corruption. It is interesting to note that his corruption seems considerably more like an advanced form of the Corruption seen affecting regular enemies in void fissures or the corruption that occurs on weapons and Warframes - void energy latching on and clinging to host material.
I think a more interesting question is 'Is Vor a Tenno?' - he seems to be affected by the Void in a far more intrinsic fashion. And there's this detail: look at these poses:

Spoiler

Image result for warframe vor beam

Image result for Warframe void beam

Both these poses are related to the characters releasing a beam attack from their hands. Vor is using a conduit yes, but he may be affected by the void in a similar manner to how the Tenno are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Unlikely. He doesn't display any Kuva traits, and he does seem to have died legitimately before succumbing to corruption. It is interesting to note that his corruption seems considerably more like an advanced form of the Corruption seen affecting regular enemies in void fissures or the corruption that occurs on weapons and Warframes - void energy latching on and clinging to host material.
I think a more interesting question is 'Is Vor a Tenno?' - he seems to be affected by the Void in a far more intrinsic fashion. And there's this detail: look at these poses:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for warframe vor beam

Image result for Warframe void beam

Both these poses are related to the characters releasing a beam attack from their hands. Vor is using a conduit yes, but he may be affected by the void in a similar manner to how the Tenno are.

This.  I think Kuva is an artificial/imperfect form of Void-irradiated (Tenno) blood that was used to try and achieve their immortal/void-powered qualities.  That’s the “elixir of power” part that is able to be accessed from our reality.

The “oil of madness” part that Teshin mentions suggests that ANYONE who goes this route likely opens their mind to the MiTW.

Vor seems like he is insane...likely trapped in the Void like a ghost without a body or even caught in the fold (Limbo), able to temporarily manifest and monologue over-and-over as energy before being dispelled back to his prison that lacks any substance.

The Tenno seem to be a perfect form of both concepts above.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

When I first started playing, I thought they were building up Vor to be our ultimate nemesis. He got void powers, and seem to understand things about us more than the other Grinneer. I thought eventually he would become as performance as our Warframes or Tenno. 

-then we just get Alad V over and over. A simple mad scientist. 

I actually think void infused grinner could've been a better excuse for liches than Kuva. It would explain how we create them and why they have Warframe powers. It also would explain why they are hard to kill, like Vor was. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2

If I had to sum ul what alad v is, hes basically that one villain that never actually wins, hes pulling that gag and honestly it fits him. The fact we all probably thought he was like overpowered or the king of the grineer at first still makes me laugh to this day. But we never know he might become something threatening in the future.... Pfft.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

If I had to sum ul what alad v is, hes basically that one villain that never actually wins, hes pulling that gag and honestly it fits him. The fact we all probably thought he was like overpowered or the king of the grineer at first still makes me laugh to this day. But we never know he might become something threatening in the future.... Pfft.

He’s like the “heel” manager in pro wrestling... ALAD V  😆

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

My theory has been recently that The Wolf of Saturn Six was a test or beta version of a Kuva Lich, and was locked up in the prison for further testing and experiments. I don't know if the ending of the Saturn Six story contradicts that, with the whole Sentient tech and such, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being the case.

7 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

My theory is that DE had some plans, but forgot about him, 

Like most other things. 

like zephyr, the infested chair and the medical bed, the day and night choices, the last big spider from fortuna, the three keys thing from the grineer ship tile-set, archwing maps, the kuva lich system itself, vor and the sentry corruptor mastermind behind the orokin towers etc...

2 minutes ago, Toppien said:

like zephyr, the infested chair and the medical bed, the day and night choices, the last big spider from fortuna, the three keys thing from the grineer ship tile-set, archwing maps, the kuva lich system itself, vor and the sentry corruptor mastermind behind the orokin towers etc...

Yeah, most other things. 

19 hours ago, Loza03 said:

It is interesting to note that his corruption seems considerably more like an advanced form of the Corruption seen affecting regular enemies in void fissures or the corruption that occurs on weapons and Warframes - void energy latching on and clinging to host material.

I'm not sure that it's Void energy doing the corrupting. The first enemies the game introduces to the player and calls "corrupted" have nothing to do with fissures, and are Grineer who attempted to board a tower without a key and were mind-controlled to defend it. That continues to be the case for all "corrupted" enemies in the Void itself. They don't have a psychology to be twisted like Vor does, because they've already been reduced to mindless drones, at least according to Lotus. That little five-issue comic mini also features both the Orokin mind-control face drones and an Orokin medical pod that blows someone's mind up with the crazy of too much perspective. I know Vor doesn't get any Orokin bits, but he credits the key, not the Void, with reviving him. 

What any of that has to do with what's going on in the fissures, I have no idea. But his slide into crazy seems to have been technologically mediated, and I don't think the physical effects are very similar to what happened to the Tenno either.

3 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

I'm not sure that it's Void energy doing the corrupting. The first enemies the game introduces to the player and calls "corrupted" have nothing to do with fissures, and are Grineer who attempted to board a tower without a key and were mind-controlled to defend it. That continues to be the case for all "corrupted" enemies in the Void itself. They don't have a psychology to be twisted like Vor does, because they've already been reduced to mindless drones, at least according to Lotus. That little five-issue comic mini also features both the Orokin mind-control face drones and an Orokin medical pod that blows someone's mind up with the crazy of too much perspective. I know Vor doesn't get any Orokin bits, but he credits the key, not the Void, with reviving him. 

What any of that has to do with what's going on in the fissures, I have no idea. But his slide into crazy seems to have been technologically mediated, and I don't think the physical effects are very similar to what happened to the Tenno either.

Corrupted enemies via the neural sentry in the void have a number of deviations, so I don't feel entirely comfortable suggesting their the same thing. Rather, that the Orokin made something they referred to as Corruption, but that there is another type mediated by the void.

Differences include that Neural Sentry corruption requires the actual neural sentry drones to attach - this thing:

Image result for warframe neural sentry

whereas void fissure corruption doesn't seem to. It can also attach to non-sentient items, primarily weapons.  Void corruption also has it's own tell-tale visual effect with the lightning and the weird, patchy stuff. Granted, Vor doesn't have this, but it's safe to say the Tenno are corrupted as well, and we don't, meaning it's likely that it's only a superficial amount of void corruption that causes this.

Pretty sure Vor is going to make a comeback soon. We can only keep prodding around with all the void stuff before the key salesman makes an appearance.

I've never thought his story was finished. I always figured there would be something more to him. Perhaps with the new war and duviri, we may see some answers.

At least, I really hope that his story has more to it. He was our first date, after all...