Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

so... about the vidar reactor mkIII and the increasingly bad grind

Hiirios

2 hours ago, Itsmez said:

Got my second one today, was boosting veil for friends of mine who started empyrean yesterday. One of the even got +88avionics !

a2J7L4m.jpg

Yep seems about right, join the club, let's see if DE can make it right to the 26 million losers that been farming that and got crap (several times), let us upgrade at least the freaking reactor or lock it at 100 avionics.

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

6th vidar that makes 65,65,63,73,55,31, I'm 9988 intrinsics farmed the normal way and it doesn't feel rewarding at all, let me upgrade the reactor.

This right here tells you how bad RNG can be because I got 4 vidar reactors, +98, +96, +91, +73.  Meanwhile, I gave up on finding Void Hole, it would not drop for me.

Edit:  And I accidentally scrapped my +98 reactor because I suppose I was mistakenly looking at the flux number.  I nearly committed Seppuku.  There really needs to be a way to lock your best parts from scrapping. 

Edited by GrimSinner

27 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

This right here tells you how bad RNG can be because I got 4 vidar reactors, +98, +96, +91, +73.  Meanwhile, I gave up on finding Void Hole, it would not drop for me.

Edit:  And I accidentally scrapped my +98 reactor because I suppose I was mistakenly looking at the flux number.  I nearly committed Seppuku.  There really needs to be a way to lock your best parts from scrapping. 

Right now there is a way to lock a part so you can't get rid of it. Invest 1 credit into building it and the option to scrap it will vanish and the only way to get rid of it is to repair it then scrap it.

Edit: In case you trashed a made part then never mind what I wrote...

Edited by LazyKnight

24 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

All reactors are being buffed, this should been done weeks ago.

Here's the post they're talking about for anyone not glued to mega threads.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is a broad post that touches on something that appears throughout the 40 pages here. Simplified sentiment:  'Avionics Capacity limitations are too punishing'. This week's Hotfix will speak specifically to that with global buffs for all Reactor types found in the wild. Any existing gear you have will simply be re-rolled for Avionics capacity, which will automatically be a buff in all cases (note: the Vidar III which has just compressed its top-end entirely to not have the 30-100 range, it's now 90-100, but it will not give you lower rolls if you had one in the 90-100 range before this change). 

The coming number changes:

- Lavan Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 20 to 30 (from 10 to 20)
- Lavan Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 50 to 60 (from 10 to 40)
- Lavan Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 80 to 90 (from 20 to 70)
- Vidar Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 30 to 40 (from 10 to 25)
- Vidar Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 60 to 70 (from 20 to 50)
- Vidar Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 90 to 100 (from 30 to 100)
- Zetki Reactor Mk I: Avionic Capacity now 10 to 20 (from 5 to 10)
- Zetki Reactor Mk II: Avionic Capacity now 40 to 50 (from 5 to 30)
- Zetki Reactor Mk III: Avionic Capacity now 70 to 80 (from 10 to 50)

Just dropping this note here so folks are prepared for this specific change as we work on more major fixes and changes! 

Sooooo...

Now the question becomes if Lavan or Zekti additional flux bonuses will be worth the 10-20 less avionics for 100-200 extra flux.  Keeping in mind that the hyperflux mod can cost ~~17 avionics for the best boost.  I think Vidmar will still probably be best, but for those needing/wanting extra flux the other ones might be nearly just as good.

Also, there are IMO two good reactor bonuses, one Vidmar (+100% Damage after major breach repair) and one Zekti (50% chance to put out fire automatically).  The others are just /meh

Edited by zehne

On 2020-01-04 at 5:07 AM, Myscho said:

Nope, we need exact stats for each House, not this RNG on RNG nonsense

Yawn.  100 avionic reactors are just for min maxing.  You can play the current content with just fine with a 50 energy clan reactor.  There isn't a good reason for or against a bit of grind for something you don't absolutely need.

Edited by Aggh

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

Doesnt matter if you need or dont, RNG on top of another RNG is just plain stupid, no excuses

No, what's stupid is saying that something is stupid just because.  Getting mad about rng stats in a loot shooter is silly.  Rng on Rng is literally a core part of the genre.

The way the stats of those reactors were at launch was absolutely ridiculous. Bloody stupidity.

Now, though? Each reactor with a specific range of ten, each reactor significantly better than clan tech, and with a Vidar reactor guaranteed to provide at least +90 Avionics? Sod it, we can forgive DE just a little bit of RNG there. Not saying we have to like it, or embrace it, but accept that the system now is perfectly functional? That the difference between a good roll and a bad roll is enough power to mount one Avionic, as opposed to the difference between a good roll and a bad roll being an entire loadout's worth of power?

Yeah, ok.

On 2020-01-04 at 7:42 AM, Zeclem said:

this is honestly such an annoying response. if player count is dropping on steam that sharply, theres no reason that it wouldnt drop in other places. steam players dont play a different game than the other players.

Its getting bad enough that you can noticeably see the player drop in friends lists, etc, on both pc (steam version, never ran the other clients myself) and ps4.  I generally play solo anyway, which is a good thing since almost everyone on my friends lists is never in-game anymore.

Add to that the data from steam charts, proving there is less interest on one platform, and inferring a loss of interest in the game in general.  Plus you have YT'ers that make money off WF content that are stepping away from the game, at least until things improve...  When people are turning down money to avoid the game, there is a serious problem, lol.  Brozime announced he's putting the game off for a while just this morning, citing the latest updates as the reason he will not be making regular content for a while.

We may not have solid proof that the game is doing poorly across the board, but there are a ton of little things that when combined definitely do not indicate a healthy and growing player base.  Frankly, I'm glad people are turning their backs; I want this game to survive and improve, and if it takes a large drop in player engagement to wake DE up, so be it.  

• Like 2

I agree the rng of it all blows worse then normal rng.  The mode needs alot more polish.

But i did get lucky quickly with getting solid mk3 parts pretty fast.  My first mk3 vidar reactor rolled 90 avionics and decent other stats.  I got my shedu baking last night. So really the veil is no longer worth running for me.

The hurdle I'm running into however is getting certain avoinics to drop.  No blackhole avionic yet. And i need zekti versions of certain avionics in saturn and earth.

Particularly i need better hyperstrike and frontal artillary avionics. Which from my research appear to only drop in saturn missions.

Atm my guns are not good in the veil.  I rely entirely on missles and peoples archwings.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

50 hours farming and still havent got a single one to drop

Got 6 forma, 18 riven slivers, and several of every other item except the vidar reactor... its a bit frustrating tbh, considering it could be 22 when it first drops. Putting me off a bit

On and I am on PS4

Edited by Mr_Fats

Il y a 4 heures, Aggh a dit :

No, what's stupid is saying that something is stupid just because.  Getting mad about rng stats in a loot shooter is silly.  Rng on Rng is literally a core part of the genre.

It wasn't until leech, it was the justification for resources cost and build time and Warframe was praised for it.

Rng on rng on resources cost and build time is bullS#&$ no matter the rng range.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

With those changes incoming they need to give the worst reactor 2 good passives for arch 1 the mod gets 1 and the top gets the kind it has now.

like if you have a reactor maxed out at 80, but it automatically launches free missiles every 5 seconds and fixes your ship every 5 might be worth 20 less. Things like that to give us a choice rather then just the highest number.