[Spoilers: Duviri Paradox] how would adult operators even work?

MysticDragonMage

10 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I'm sorry... I fail to see where something that was only shown on Tennocon, and hasn't been released yet, is going to be spoiled... You don't even know what the hell is DE going to do with it.

Reveal hidden contents

No one does!

the spoiler is simply for anyone who has not seen the trailer yet.

would it be better if i didn't put in "spoiler" because it unintentionally baited you to believe i actually knew what was going on in Duviri Paradox? as you have said. not possible.

1 minute ago, MysticDragonMage said:

would it be better if i didn't put in "spoiler"

Probably.

I would've placed "Possible Content" instead of "Spoiler"...

2 minutes ago, MysticDragonMage said:

because it unintentionally baited you to believe i actually knew what was going on in Duviri Paradox?

Nah, you didn't bait anyone into thinking such a thing.

I simply pointed out a certainty, in order to reinforce your certainty that you don't know anything about it... And that any kind of discussion about it isn't a discussion without having a solid baseline.

Having a teaser about it shown on Tennocon is hardly considered as a baseline, and anyone that hasn't seen it knows even less about it than those that actually saw the teaser, so the name of the possible content doesn't spark anything to them.

... Its like I said on another topic, to another player, about the Railjack before Rising Tide was released... There's absolutely no point whatsoever in discussing something that hasn't been released yet. Its way more effective to do it after its release. But there's no worry, the Pre-Release discussion is going to happen sooner or later... Internally at DE.

And no, I'm a normal player like you.

3 hours ago, Itsmez said:

Wiping out all the progress and grind that people has done for their void powers doesnt really sound something that DE would do, if they do they would be extremely stupid.

I quess there will be new content, like new chapter where those powers are not a thing and for the old content its the same. That would be the only thing that makes sense to me

Rendering our progress moot on our Warframes is also a problem. I personally don’t want to play “spandex human” in the Warframe universe.

Adult operators are interesting in the academic sense. Gameplay-wise, it seems like DE is really working to slow the pace of things down.

Hopefully it’s a short solo quest and we can get back to our Warframes quickly. 

16 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Probably.

I would've placed "Possible Content" instead of "Spoiler"...

Nah, you didn't bait anyone into thinking such a thing.

I simply pointed out a certainty, in order to reinforce your certainty that you don't know anything about it... And that any kind of discussion about it isn't a discussion without having a solid baseline.

Having a teaser about it shown on Tennocon is hardly considered as a baseline, and anyone that hasn't seen it knows even less about it than those that actually saw the teaser, so the name of the possible content doesn't spark anything to them.

... Its like I said on another topic, to another player, about the Railjack before Rising Tide was released... There's absolutely no point whatsoever in discussing something that hasn't been released yet. Its way more effective to do it after its release. But there's no worry, the Pre-Release discussion is going to happen sooner or later... Internally at DE.

And no, I'm a normal player like you.

i didn't make this topic to discuss why we shouldn't be talking about it and you as a "normal player" have no privilege to tell other people that there is no point in doing so.

its true that even with the trailer we cant confirm anything, but that does not mean people are forbidden from theorizing or speculating. all this conversation did was tell me that you are annoyed when people who are not the developers spark discussions before the actual content is released. that's honestly not my problem, the spoiler stays, and thus we have nothing else to discuss.

I sincerely hope that after old blood and empryean, the next major content update isn't trapped behind yet another bubble.

They seriously need to start connecting the dots between all these wildly different systems. 

The constant soft reset on progression is tiresome when we've invested so much in the core game. The last 2 updates have me  questioning the direction of the game and if I should keep investing.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to take a long break if I find out I have to play as a kid with a crappy rifle and have to re-level some absurd tacked on gimmick mode again.

23 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Rendering our progress moot on our Warframes is also a problem. I personally don’t want to play “spandex human” in the Warframe universe.

Adult operators are interesting in the academic sense. Gameplay-wise, it seems like DE is really working to slow the pace of things down.

Hopefully it’s a short solo quest and we can get back to our Warframes quickly. 

Or it is the foundation for being able to use weapons along with our Amps once reunited with our Warframes...with multiple Umbras in the pipeline.

Since its a paradox, I assume it nothing in it will make normal sense.

Imagine the map being different every time you look away and look back.

RNG open world maps. Though, this may not seem to be a bad idea, since warframe handles procedurally generated maps quite well.

Since there is a view of the Zariman 10 0 in it, I think that we will have to find it, as well as having to fight "void demons" like that giant dragon that briefly appeared on screen.

About the tenno in particular, (which btw looks EXTREMELY like Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector), he appeared to be wearing a mask, which has me curious as to what that mask is supposed to represent. The paradoxal version of you appeared to know, well, "you". In the trailer, he placed a Tigris in a hole for you to get and looked at you before seemingly getting attention of something and disappearing. This can imply that that is out Future self? (Old tenno being the past of a young tenno who will be our future makes a paradox! which is kinda cool.).

I would think that this has something to do with the war against sentients, since void is forbidden to them, and given that the tenno travelled to the PoD (Plains of Duviri) via a railjack.

Also, what about wally? I assume wally will make an appearance, no? Our tenno currently lacks any memory of his time aboard the Zariman apart for a few snippets that ONLY came after the war within. What if the Duviri allows us the "re-live" our experience aboard the Zariman?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Or it is the foundation for being able to use weapons along with our Amps once reunited with our Warframes...with multiple Umbras in the pipeline.

That assumes that all Umbra variants will have the same operate-on-its-own passive as Umbral Excal. Do we know that to be the case?

il y a 56 minutes, Aadi880 a dit :

Since its a paradox, I assume it nothing in it will make normal sense.

Couldn't find the original source, but it's related to the twin paradox :

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1115148-operator-aging-in-the-duviri-paradox/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10999880

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123817-post-screenshots-of-the-stuff-steve-showed-on-his-current-stream/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-10999483

il y a 52 minutes, Aadi880 a dit :

he appeared to be wearing a mask, which has me curious as to what that mask is supposed to represent

It's a Duviri mask, it's on the concept art :

planes-of-duviri.png

Archived