Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers: Duviri Paradox] how would adult operators even work?

MysticDragonMage

SPOILERS to anyone who has not seen the Duviri Paradox trailer.

the Duviri Paradox trailer featured an adult operator who has lost his tenno power and resorts to primitive weaponry like a warframe would. while some may assume that the time has come for the operator to grow up and take on the enemy without their warframes, how exactly would that work? would operator mode just not become an option for now on?

well, i do have a good idea as to how they can make sense of all of this.

its called the Duviri paradox, so when the operator from the trailer encountered his past self, not only is the adult operator see his past self, but his past self seems to notice his future self. this probably means that the whole Duviri Paradox has something to do with a Time Paradox. edit: or "Twin Paradox" as stated by Arkandae in comments, we may have a twin self stuck in the void.

thus it does make sense in a way if we as adult operators could summon our past self's as our new operator mode.

there is still the matter of us replacing our warframes though.

it would be cool to choose a warframe and be able to barrow that warframe's powers. think of it like wearing our adult operators like a skin while the operator wears a unique base outfit for cosmetics. additionally it would be a very nice if the developers made various adult operator outfits based on the warframes we barrow power from or just varying adult operator outfits in general.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

I'm sorry... I fail to see where something that was only shown on Tennocon, and hasn't been released yet, is going to be spoiled... You don't even know what the hell is DE going to do with it.

Spoiler

No one does!

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Make that 4 with a side of [DE]layed

I honestly expect it to be out by November 2020. 

And as to how it will work, Likely how each update with operators does, itll just be the next stage of them. I mean they changed from Second Dream to War Within, itll likely be just like that. 

Most will want to stay as a child....I personally want them to become adults as it will add more customization to them (facial hair etc) at least make it an option to stay/grow up with lore behind it. 

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 1

I'd hazard like a slower more tactical and methodical version of our current abilities with Warframes with some sort of benefit to go with it.

Perhaps they will do a callback to the old DarkSector style of combat with it and give it a few new Tenno-flavored ideas to go along with it.

1 hour ago, MysticDragonMage said:

the Duviri Paradox trailer featured an adult operator who has lost his tenno power and resorts to primitive weaponry like a warframe would. while some may assume that the time has come for the operator to grow up and take on the enemy without their warframes, how exactly would that work? would operator mode just not become an option for now on?

well, i do have a good idea as to how they can make sense of all of this.

its called the Duviri paradox, so when the operator from the trailer encountered his past self. no only is the adult operator see his past self, but his past self seems to notice his future self. this probably means that the whole Duviri Paradox has something to do with a Time Paradox.

thus it does make sense in a way if we as adult operators could summon our past self's as our new operator mode.

there is still the matter of us replacing our warframes though.

it would be cool to choose a warframe and be able to barrow that warframe's powers. think of it like wearing our adult operators like a skin while the operator wears a unique base outfit for cosmetics. additionally it would be a very nice if the developers made various adult operator outfits based on the warframes we barrow power from or just varying adult operator outfits in general.

Warframe Weapons + Grown up Tenno without Void powers = Tennoverse version of the Wild West.

57 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I'd hazard like a slower more tactical and methodical version of our current abilities with Warframes with some sort of benefit to go with it.

Perhaps they will do a callback to the old DarkSector style of combat with it and give it a few new Tenno-flavored ideas to go along with it.

I don't really see a good reason why physically aging would alter the nature of the Tenno's abilities. Since the idea behind their creation was that only the children could survive their connection to the Void with their minds intact, I kinda get the sense that with Duviri, we're going to find out that that still applies, sort of retroactively, and they're going to lose their connection to their powers entirely as adults. Otherwise there'd be no change at all.

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1

Maybe because its paradox we can change from young to older operator every time we want...probably something to do with big finger that we have in dojo ship... in this new open world just for mature operator we can learn what all he can do and then he can continue all that for the rest of the galaxy... probably something OP and game changing in a good way. 

A paradox involving a paradox? ...Astounding.

DEs been on a kick with the RNG stats of gear like every other looter game ever. So I'm expecting armor prices, like frame parts, to be littering the void. All guns being changed and rebalanced like conclave stats so everyone has to start from zero again. They can get rid of operator mode. They can relaunch pvp here as well because nothing needs to make lore sense in the paradox. Not that it ever needed to, but they went that route.

They get to play around and develop a different game basically without ever actually separating the studio. Might even be their way around autonomous control of their own content design after they sold the studio. Just make everything under the umbrella of Warframe.

• Like 1

Not so sure we have to think hard about this, but I may just be thinking optimistically here...

We've gotten custom melee in zaws.

We've gotten custom secondaries in kitguns.  Still waiting on primaries.

We've gotten custom companions.

We're getting custom archwings for Railjack.

I figured our custom Warframe would be arms, legs, torso and helmet, but it will probably just be our adult operator forms relearning to use their powers.  "Relearning" here to mean, pick powers with attached health/shields/armor/energy/speed/etc. stats and slot them in to get a final product.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Not so sure we have to think hard about this, but I may just be thinking optimistically here...

We've gotten custom melee in zaws.

We've gotten custom secondaries in kitguns.  Still waiting on primaries.

We've gotten custom companions.

We're getting custom archwings for Railjack.

I hope custom primaries comes with new war since i think it fits thematically better thqn duviri. There will be tons of sentients parts lying around, might as well use them. Guns from duviri would have to be parts of our ship (zariman) glued together 🙂

vor 6 Stunden schrieb MysticDragonMage:

it would be cool to choose a warframe and be able to barrow that warframe's powers.

In the Trailer we can see that the Operator can't use his void beam. The Question is are all Void powers gone because that would mean all Warframe powers. How can the Operator use transference without his void power.

7 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I'm sorry... I fail to see where something that was only shown on Tennocon, and hasn't been released yet, is going to be spoiled... You don't even know what the hell is DE going to do with it.

Reveal hidden contents

No one does!

Spoiler

Not even DE.

See also: Kuva Liches.

Wiping out all the progress and grind that people has done for their void powers doesnt really sound something that DE would do, if they do they would be extremely stupid.

I quess there will be new content, like new chapter where those powers are not a thing and for the old content its the same. That would be the only thing that makes sense to me

Il y a 8 heures, MysticDragonMage a dit :

its called the Duviri paradox, so when the operator from the trailer encountered his past self.

Can't find the source but Steve said in a stream it was named after the twin paradox. So we have a twin, or another version of ourself stuck in the void, or something else. But it's possible that it isn't his past self in the video.

Edited by Arkandae

My best guess is it'd be the same as when we switched to void beam astral projection to real operators. It's gonna be an upgrade. We simply become adults and there is no turning back. We probably can still use the AMP and most likely a primary weapon, maybe a secondary one, but I doubt we can use melee.

I'm guessing that in the new zone we won't be able to use our amp or our powers or perhaps we won't be able to use them temporarily until we finish a mission.