Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus where are they in high level play ?

(PSN)SlyFox5679

While playing i was noticing the lack of new content involving corpus faction.  this should be something DE could address and give us a new high level anything to do fighting corpus.

the last notable thing corpus was involved in would be Fortuna and some disruption. but they have not been involved in a mainline story quest in awhile if ever.

I can't remember given i completed all the story quests so long ago lol. maybe DE could also do somethig about corpus tech weapons and make them relevant again.

it gets mind numbing when all i'm really fighting is grineer. 

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Fortuna was within the last year. In the grand scheme of things, they just got a serious come-up. Fortuna is rough unless you're equipped with the right stuff for them specifically.

That's true i just felt like its lacking for corpus content where the grineer have way more related stuff to do including the liches and railjack.

but then we should have some sentient content coming up with new war whenever that is coming out.

Just now, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

That's true i just felt like its lacking for corpus content where the grineer have way more related stuff to do including the liches and railjack.

but then we should have some sentient content coming up with new war whenever that is coming out.

These things come in waves.. and sadly there's no possible way to develop as fast as we can totally immerse ourselves in and complete content. They do plan on making corpus style railjack and Lich, just gonna' be a little while still. Keep in mind, we didn't have Fortuna style corpus for about 6 years or so, but as far as I'm concerned they're hitting a good stride with evolving the concepts they've learned over 10 years of development. At least now, we know that it's on their to-do list.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

it's confirmed that the next major updates this year will involve bringing the Corpus into Railjack; we get more Lore on how the Corpus was founded (we know they were around during the Orokin Era) and we'll be dealing with their Capital Ships. we will also likely see Corpus Liches, or whatever equivalent. the next Nightwave is also going to be Corpus Themed, and we still have one more Orb Mother to be revealed, which means more Fortuna updates.

don't worry, before the year is out you'll be sick of seeing Crewmen, we all will lol.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

These things come in waves.. and sadly there's no possible way to develop as fast as we can totally immerse ourselves in and complete content. They do plan on making corpus style railjack and Lich, just gonna' be a little while still. Keep in mind, we didn't have Fortuna style corpus for about 6 years or so, but as far as I'm concerned they're hitting a good stride with evolving the concepts they've learned over 10 years of development. At least now, we know that it's on their to-do list.

good to know that DE is putting in the effort to try and flesh out other factions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

it's confirmed that the next major updates this year will involve bringing the Corpus into Railjack; we get more Lore on how the Corpus was founded (we know they were around during the Orokin Era) and we'll be dealing with their Capital Ships. we will also likely see Corpus Liches, or whatever equivalent. the next Nightwave is also going to be Corpus Themed, and we still have one more Orb Mother to be revealed, which means more Fortuna updates.

don't worry, before the year is out you'll be sick of seeing Crewmen, we all will lol.

good to hear as it stands i think i've killed more grineer the cancer lol

1 hour ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

While playing i was noticing the lack of new content involving corpus faction.  this should be something DE could address and give us a new high level anything to do fighting corpus.

The Grineer are the first thing DE tests anything on. The Grineer are one of the oldest things in the Warframe IP, going all the way back to 2005, so it's really no secret that DE are more comfortable using Grineer first and Corpus second

The good news is, the next Railjack update should have high-level Corpus missions for you

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The Grineer are the first thing DE tests anything on. The Grineer are one of the oldest things in the Warframe IP, going all the way back to 2005, so it's really no secret that DE are more comfortable using Grineer first and Corpus second

The good news is, the next Railjack update should have high-level Corpus missions for you

Strictly speaking, that's also the Corpus.

It's clear DE split these proto-Grineer into the space marines, with a much more grungy and low-tech vibe and the much more sci-fi Corpus with energy weapons. Corpus Crewmen suits can be seen in that trailer (possibly they would have actually served as Crewmen had that game been made) whereas the Jackal looks more in line with modern-day Grineer.

Nevertheless, the Grineer were more or less the main villains before the Sentients. The Corpus were always portrayed a corrupt, but not fundamentally evil faction, whereas the Grineer were more or less beyond redemption for quite a while. In turn, any big events and shake-ups in the world (and thus, new mechanics) were usually fronted by them. As the game progressed they pretty much got demoted to secondary villains to the Sentients similar to how the Vex got supplanted by the Hive as the greatest evil in the universe, and in turn the hive made small by the pyramid ships in Destiny. That being said, the Grineer still retain rights to be the testing ground for new content, since they are still higher on the villain hierarchy than the Corpus, and more neutral than the Sentients which have a number of their own mechanics already.

With corpus they should make the hyenas not a boss but a mob. They are cool and don’t require an area to function also they are on fortuna.

what I would like to see added is a MOA who deploys into a turret another corpus then goes and mans it to fire the gun. If unmanned could work like a shield to block projectiles.

if a Warframe gets behind it you can take over the gun. think it could add some fun.

Also a lot of the cool corpus units are in the index or on fortuna. They could move them around a bit more.

5 hours ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

the last notable thing corpus was involved in would be Fortuna and some disruption. but they have not been involved in a mainline story quest in awhile if ever.

The Jupiter rework went beyond just Disruption. It had new Corpus enemies, new Corpus/Sentient hybrids even. A quest boss, too.

If anything, Infested are a bit neglected, but then there was the whole Nightwave Season 2 which revolved around them. Also, have a look at the last dev stream or its summary. New non-Grineer things are already in the works.

• Like 2

Didn't we have Exploiter (corpus boss) with new corpus event (thermia fractures) and questlike lore related deck 12 and a remade corpus tileset (gas city) with a 2nd new corpus/sentient boss (ropa) with small quest like lore (the fight with ropa and natah in it) and new corpus/sentient enemies (amalgams and few others) and a new gamemode (disruption) heavily connected to corpus just last year? 

Apart from nw series 2 nothing was connected to infested and grineer got basically liches and are first faction introduced in railjack. 

When you wrap it, it seems we got more corpus stuff than all the other ones by far?

For endgame stuff orb goes vs liches and railjack so maybe that skews your view of little corpus in endgame last year, but its actually even (in railjack grineer are just first to be added, corpus is coming next). 

Edited by Anduvriel
  • Like 1

On 2020-01-18 at 8:52 PM, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

I can't remember given i completed all the story quests so long ago lol. maybe DE could also do somethig about corpus tech weapons and make them relevant again.

it gets mind numbing when all i'm really fighting is grineer. 

So new Jupiter and amalgams are nothing? They happened before Fortuna? Also, "some disruption"... Disruption mode was integrated with those changes on jupiter and they've come with lore for corpus and sentients. We even got an event for it.

• Like 1