The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Players: How Did You Overcome the Grendel Defence Mission?

ILucjusz

My first success involved cheesing it with Wisp, but I know it's also doable with Mirage, Wukong and maybe Trinity.

Do You have some other creative ways of beating the mission?

Feel free to share loadouts and strategies, I'm curious to know how else is can be handeled ^^

Edit: and if you gave up on soloing - also let the community know, maybe devs would notice and make it 14 waves 😉

Edited by ILucjusz
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

Too exhausting for such a bad wf overall imo. Really hope they don't repeat this sort of pseudo-forced challenge.

That was my thought, he doesn't appear worth the effort so I've skipped it.  If enough people skip him maybe they will start to notice. I don't care that much about MR fodder.

• Like 6

Revenant, and I think I used Sigma and Ocantis?  I can't remember what my primary and secondary were, but whatever they were they weren't making a dent past wave ten and I was pretty much just using Enthrall, Mesmer Skin, and melee.

Maybe if the levels were cut in half or more, or we were allowed to use the Operator and Gear items, I'd have actually enjoyed the missions, but as it is they were just annoying.  There have been few things in Warframe I enjoyed less than that Excavation mission.

• Like 3

I haven't done them, but since the missions cost a resource i might need for other things in the future, if i had to aquire grendel to get some benefit in a particular mission, i would likely just use the plat i have accumulated from doing other things, like liches, shedu components, prime parts, ephemeras (from liches), rivens and even mods.

The missions aren't mandatory, they are merely a path, you can do everything else in the game and still get grendel.

• Like 2

Only time i Solo’d that is using Hall Of Malevolence before DE patched it. Took me one try but it was the only Grendel Mission where i was getting one shotted from mid air or on the ground. The reason i said “Patched” was that Augment Mirage used to let her deal full modded Weapon damage while the Modifier said “No Mods”. Also brought Broken Scepter with me too while using Staticor often.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

A bit off topic, but I was leaning toward grinding Gauss and maybe Baruuk the old fashioned way, or should I buy those two as well? 

If you enjoy the Vox Solaris Grind and Disruption, then two of those would be better to farm for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

If you enjoy the Vox Solaris Grind and Disruption, then two of those would be better to farm for.

I don't mind something to do, buying things feels too easy. But Grendel's mission seemed a bit dumb so I didn't mind skipping it, especially for a Warframe I have no real use for other than fooling around. 

• Like 3

Used Octavia, just dropped her one, and sometimes her four. Lots of jumping and rolling. Sometimes ground slam with the Ether Sword. Especially if they're nullifiers. 

Vauban also worked wonders, just drop his mines. And watch them last long enough to get you enough energy to recast. You only need two down to defend the objective in a cost effective way. And if Vauban's shrapnel mines get a lock on something outside of a nullifier bubble, they will shoot the bubble, effectively popping it and killing the nullifier. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Maybe if the levels were cut in half or more, or we were allowed to use the Operator and Gear items, I'd have actually enjoyed the missions, but as it is they were just annoying.  There have been few things in Warframe I enjoyed less than that Excavation mission.

I really enjoyed the missions, particularly the fact that energy economy was actually a thing again and I couldn't spam skills endlessly. Enemy tankiness was at a sweet spot IMO, for the defense anyway, but the damage was what kinda(as most of the time) kept me from enjoying it full, since you were encouraged to spastically roll around all the time. Kinda makes me sad I couldn't use Banshee without bending over backwards, heh.

• Like 1

I "handled" the Grendel mission nonsense by just purchasing Grendel.  So... mission accomplished from a design perspective I guess.

*Could* I have done them, even solo'd them?  Probably.  But since it's pretty much exactly the opposite of what I consider "fun" or even "tolerable," my incentive for doing so is less than zero.

• Like 4

This may be a glitch but i found that the drones the fusion moa shoot out did not shoot the defence objective when its too close to it so I could just wait for it's health to regen before destroying the drone and going for the next wave.

Then, my lich came and blew it up. Took a really long time to beat that mission.

Was using revenant but I did not control the drone. Cant remember what weapons I used.

• Like 1