Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sad state of Ivara.

Ikyr0

Just dusted off my girl after a year break, and I was very disappointed.

Sadly, the nuke meta had left Ivara behind. With nerfs to Concentrated Arrow, Zenistar, and enemy scaling, Ivara is the slowest stealth frame in the game.

Prowl is a victim of time. She is limited by it, and has no nukes (previously remedied by Zeni and blast procs because she could kill in two places at once). Artemis is one of the worst exalteds in the game as it kills too slowly without Concentrated Arrow (flaming trash now after aoe nerf). She clears content way slower than both Ash and Octavia. Even Loki clears content faster. 

I would now run her as a melee frame (something that Ash is so much better at with his 2 & 3). Ivara is B-tier at best. She obviously scales really well because of stealth, and the Dash Wire augment is still good. She requires a serious balance pass.

2 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I assume the addition of damage fall off for AoE weapons.

Yep, the brutal 90% damage falloff is kept onto Concentrated Arrow. I expect they fix that oversight as Concentrated Arrow is quite difficult to land consistently without relying on Sleep Arrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I use Ivara to do railjack missions and generally come out of them with 70 or so intrinsics each time. 

Sorry, not sure how this is relevant. My problem with her is how slowly she clears content relative to other frames. 

Ivara 

Prowl

Infiltrate augment

?????

Grofit 

Other frames can do it faster but how many can just completely ignore lasers and move through spy areas without worrying about being spotted at all? And building her with streamline means you can stay in Prowl for a considerable time. She is decent for exterminate but that's about the only combat mission I'd take her on, otherwise Spy and Rescue with her. 

• Like 2

8 минут назад, SpicyDinosaur сказал:

you shouldn't be using her for things like exterminates then. Not every frame can do every role.

mmm... every frame can do anything in this game, it's a matter of how efficient they can do that. Personally i just  don't like one-button-to-kill them all frames, and prowling through enemies with Baza is actually fun. Not as fun as breach'n'clear Mag's gameplay, but still.

But with all honesty i use Ivara only for sortie Spy mission, with arcane consenquence she is pretty fast.

1 minute ago, Kel_Silonius said:

mmm... every frame can do anything in this game, it's a matter of how efficient they can do that. Personally i just  don't like one-button-to-kill them all frames, and prowling through enemies with Baza is actually fun. Not as fun as breach'n'clear Mag's gameplay, but still.

But with all honesty i use Ivara only for sortie Spy mission, with arcane consenquence she is pretty fast.

Every frame can go on every mission, doesn't mean they should. If every frame could do everything there would be no point in having so many different Warframes. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Did you know that you lose energy every time you hit an enemy during prowl? Glaive throws are among the few exceptions, but those are currently bugged.

Yeah I knew that, which is another major issue with her Prowl. That ability has numerous downsides. 

What are her other options, besides picking enemies off slowly with her primary/secondary? You might as well play better weapon platforms, like Chroma or even Wisp. Ivara was badass before when Zenistar was still good and getting the stealth damage multiplier. In retrospect, her usability relied more on the Zeni than on her kit. But now with nerfs to enemies and the nuke meta, her slowness is really noticeable.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Other frames can do it faster but how many can just completely ignore lasers and move through spy areas without worrying about being spotted at all?

All of them, because being spotted is irrelevant for the majority of spy vaults. Normally, once alarms go off, there's still enough time left to get to the vault computer.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

Только что, (XB1)Red Dough Boy сказал:

Every frame can go on every mission, doesn't mean they should. If every frame could do everything there would be no point in having so many different Warframes. 

mhm... you should probably check what frames people use. It's literally one frame, it's Inaros. So what's the point of having a lot of frames, when game is basically rotating around singular stat and people simply see little reason to play something other than Inaros (i'm exaggerating here).

You know... i was bored the other day and i jumped on profit taker orb with Octavia, and it was pretty fun, she killed all the adds by herself. But, the way how this encounter works, there is no need of having something else than Chroma or Inaros, like literally zero reason. There is no reason of having... let say Wisp, i mean she is useful in her own way there, but my Chroma can pretty much do without any kind of support. But i don't wanna play Chroma i want to play Mag, i want to play Mag a have an impact on this ecnounter with the powers my favorite frame has. But i can't, damn thing is immune >_>

There is just no reason to use some other frames, except for chosen few, unless you really like these other frames.

You see in the Warframe game it's just a better call to use a frame that can alter itself with powers in order to influence the world around, but i'm pretty sure majority of player base want something completely different.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

All of them, because being spotted is irrelevant for the majority of spy vaults. Normally, once alarms go off, there's still enough time left to get to the vault computer.

However, you get a bonus and a chance for some nice extra stuff if you do it undetected. And if you have a requirement of getting all vaults then proper stealth is necessary. And some will lock down preventing you from getting the vault open. If you want to brute force stealth then so be it, I prefer to use a proper stealth approach for actual stealth missions. Brute force for everything else. 

7 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

mhm... you should probably check what frames people use. It's literally one frame, it's Inaros. So what's the point of having a lot of frames, when game is basically rotating around singular stat and people simply see little reason to play something other than Inaros (i'm exaggerating here).

You know... i was bored the other day and i jumped on profit taker orb with Octavia, and it was pretty fun, she killed all the adds by herself. But, the way how this encounter works, there is no need of having something else than Chroma or Inaros, like literally zero reason. There is no reason of having... let say Wisp, i mean she is useful in her own way there, but my Chroma can pretty much do without any kind of support. But i don't wanna play Chroma i want to play Mag, i want to play Mag a have an impact on this ecnounter with the powers my favorite frame has. But i can't, damn thing is immune >_>

There is just no reason to use some other frames, except for chosen few, unless you really like these other frames.

You see in the Warframe game it's just a better call to use a frame that can alter itself with powers in order to influence the world around, but i'm pretty sure majority of player base want something completely different.

There will always be a meta, but that doesn't mean you have to play to that meta. Since shield gating has been added Inaros doesn't benefit from that, so other frames have seen a durability increase. I like Inaros well enough but I don't feel the need to only play him. The rare times I join randoms I don't see many Inaros players too, I usually see a pretty good variety. And that's one encounter not the whole game, if a Warframe is good on that encounter then it's expected to see them there more. Doesn't mean it's the "only frame people use." 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

However, you get a bonus and a chance for some nice extra stuff if you do it undetected. And if you have a requirement of getting all vaults then proper stealth is necessary. And some will lock down preventing you from getting the vault open. If you want to brute force stealth then so be it, I prefer to use a proper stealth approach for actual stealth missions. Brute force for everything else.

There's no bonus for doing it undetected, except for some extra affinity.

Whether or not you need all vaults doesn't make any difference as long as you hack all vaults. You just need to do ONE vault undetected to prevent the mission from becoming an extermination, and you don't even need a stealth frame for that because some vaults are that easy to rush in 15sec or less, without triggering alarms.

Every vault computer can still be reached when alarms go off. If the vault seems totally sealed off, either there's an alternate route in or you were just too slow.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

I've been using her a tonne for liches (solo). With a silenced kuva ogris, she's an unseen nuke frame. Nightwatch Napalm mod is great with the fire status buff. Not being shot at all the time is nice, I can chill. Also, noise arrow is great for grouping up enemies with the lich for more thralls, since the lich likes to wander off in random directions away from the other enemies.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wolfchild07 said:

I've been using her a tonne for liches (solo). With a silenced kuva ogris, she's an unseen nuke frame. Nightwatch Napalm mod is great with the fire status buff. Not being shot at all the time is nice, I can chill. Also, noise arrow is great for grouping up enemies with the lich for more thralls, since the lich likes to wander off in random directions away from the other enemies.

Ok, but you can do the same with Ash for example, except faster because he's not limited by Prowl's slowboating.

2 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Ivara is fine though. A well design frame that can handle any of the content that comes her way. A few weeks ago I've used her for a lvl 100 boss fight I've beaten solo. Not every one plays nuke frames, mate. 

She's fine in a vacuum. Compared to other frames who are faster, who have aoe capabilities, and some of which also have invis as well (like Ash and Octavia)...she is worse in basically every way.

Ivara could have kept up with other frames while Zenistar was a thing. Now, she's just a very slow weapons platform with zero mobility and zero aoe capabilities.

Edited by Ikyr0

I'll have to give her a go to see how my setup handles post update.

Before I'd run her with silenced explosive weapons (mainly Ogris) and use dashwire for some elevation while I held down an area. I'd either build her in a way whereby at max energy her prowl would last a good 50 minutes or I had a special Limbo build that focused on her Bow (because she can hit outside targets from within the bubble).

She became one of my goto's for Hydron, MOT and defense/survival sorties with her coming out on top even with some DPS/nuke frame about.