Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i the only one who won't play Scarlet Spear until some balance is done ?

HatedByLifeItself

Aside from bug fixes. It's just too much farm for 6k MR , a simulacrum and some sigils (exclusives) .

And the arcanes cost way too much for how many you can get ( most people would go for 15k points, that's 10 r0 common arcanes, in 3 hours because you CAN"T exit your relay) . Do you know how many rank 0 common arcane you get for 3 hours of Terry ? Yeah that's more than 10 for sure,probably in the hundreds. 

Balance is always the issue. Also the event is just a mobile defense with extra steps ... hey NEW WAR, "It's gonna be a war, changing the whole game, not just an island of content" Yeah ... trueee.

I know some people are gonna say it lasts a month, well how about it lasts 2 weeks of hotfixing bugs, 1 week on balancing, and 1 week of a quasi-finished event ? That's how i see it. I'm just disappointed in myself for having expectations on an update from DE on release ... and if they don't change the balance, or reduce a 0 from every item in the shop or increase the standings we get by a LOT, i just won't even bother. I'm max MR, i like to collect all things, but this is just ... nah. 

Your opinion ? I can't find any positive, except the Nova bundle that looks amazing imo. 

• Like 46

For an event that lasts a full month, I don't think it's that bad. I'm doing like 3k points in less than 30 minutes, not counting with the bonuses.

My beef is instead with the fact that DE made an event that is intended for us to repeat countless times, but the missions aren't that great. It's going to get old soon.

If it was more fun, the repetition wouldn't be as much of a problem.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

For an event that lasts a full month, I don't think it's that bad. I'm doing like 3k points in less than 30 minutes, not counting with the bonuses.

My beef is instead with the fact that DE made an event that is intended for us to repeat countless times, but the missions aren't that great. It's going to get old soon.

If it was more fun, the repetition wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I'd be ok with that if the rewards were consistent. Currently only the host gets the 10k bonus credits, everyone else gets 2k bonus or nothing or at all. They need to fix that ASAP. I've done four 5k points runs now with 4k bonus credits to show for it instead of 32k....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'd be ok with that if the rewards were consistent. Currently only the host gets the 10k bonus credits, everyone else gets 2k bonus or nothing or at all. They need to fix that ASAP. I've done four 5k points runs now with 4k bonus credits to show for it instead of 32k....

i actually think that its bugged since the latest hotfix, both of the last two resets haven't given me any bonus credits in my inbox, and i have been host all day (playing with friend)

1 hour ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Do you know how many rank 0 common arcane you get for 3 hours of Terry ? Yeah that's more than 10 for sure,probably in the hundreds. 

I dunno what you’re doing but I’d be lucky to get 2 in 3 hours of Teralyst fighting 🤨. And they’d be random

I’ll be doing the event when I can. Looking forward to picking my rewards if I got some spare currency after I (hopefully) get the weapons 👍

Also the event is just a mobile defense with extra steps ... hey NEW WAR, "It's gonna be a war, changing the whole game, not just an island of content" Yeah ... trueee.

The extra step is "hey, kill this 30-foot alien". All they need to do is give it an interesting attack or two, and it's a fun enough mission for me

As for "yet another island of content", it's a testbed for a new mission type

11 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I dunno what you’re doing but I’d be lucky to get 2 in 3 hours of Teralyst fighting 🤨. And they’d be random

I’ll be doing the event when I can. Looking forward to picking my rewards if I got some spare currency after I (hopefully) get the weapons 👍

Terry takes about 2-3 minutes to kill once you're decent at Eidolons. You can do about 5-6 tridolons per night cycle, that's 15-18 arcanes in 50 minutes and some are the top tier ones.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Terry takes about 2-3 minutes to kill once you're decent at Eidolons. You can do about 5-6 tridolons per night cycle, that's 15-18 arcanes in 50 minutes and some are the top tier ones.

Not able to kill a Teralyst in 2-3 minutes 😐 That’s fast! I know how the fight works, I just don’t have the damage. Waiting for teammates to be ready and we’ll tackle the fight together.

I’m guessing you’re running with top-tier mods and meta weapons?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Your opinion ? I can't find any positive, except the Nova bundle that looks amazing imo. 

My opinion:

Stop playing the game altogether, because the dev team is on a path that continuously encourages insane grind behind rng and timegates and doesn't respect your time at all. Look at the forums itself... People here are advising that we have 28 days so 20-40 hours of grind for just two weapons alone isn't such a big deal and we are being asked to take a break and play something else. 

Isn't that what most of us were doing and after months of anticipation and excitement being generated by the dev team itself, what do we get? Two hours of SS GamePlay and it's back to the good old "take a break cuz you are not inclined to grind 1 mission with 2 variants on repeat for 365 runs".  

Ain't nothing gonna change anymore... Having hopes is the key to disappointment. And if you value your time, cuz the team doesn't, you won't waste 2-3 hours everyday for next 28 days doing such insanity. 

P.S. I got nothing against the dev team. It's their game, their choice. All I have is the power to stop logging in everyday and boosting their stats which I intend to exercise and I hope the OP will too, cause that's the only way something will change in the current scenario. Why indulge in an abusive relationship? Clearly we are in the fault here. 

Edited by Nehra96
Spelling errors
  • Like 25

11 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Not able to kill a Teralyst in 2-3 minutes 😐 That’s fast! I know how the fight works, I just don’t have the damage. Waiting for teammates to be ready and we’ll tackle the fight together.

Naturally. Mods not so much, all about the amp and squad co-ordination.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Naturally. Mods not so much, all about the amp and squad co-ordination.

Ahhh, I’m not on that level. But I can access the SS event (when it becomes available to me).

I’m in a position to appreciate what it means when I can pick and choose my rewards instead of relying on RNG. I’m not about to melt Teralysts, but I do have my eye on some Arcanes, and I can see them within my grasp even with current pricing.

Just hope I don’t get bugs and stuff like I’ve been hearing about.

1 minute ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Oh but i stopped playing, i login every update to try and play again. I don't even bother to login for daily rewards anymore xD

Yeah, ikr it's a vicious cycle. Oh well. We have other things to try, so maybe there's a big positive in all this after all. 🙂

2 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

maxed virtuos shadow, max madurai void strike. That's it. 

I’m...  not in a position to get that easily. 

Er. I hope it’s understood that, though I’ve played Warframe a lot, I’m not capable of being overpowered enough to run the end-game content on my own?

I'm with the OP, I have no interest in SS.  

Would I like some arcanes?  Yes.  

I wasn't willing to grind POE stuff to get them and this is even worse so, no thanks.

No other rewards there for me, I don't care about two weapons I'm going to delete anyway or orbiter decorations nobody but me would ever see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I really really do want to love Eidolon hunting. I really do. It big bosses with a measure of tactical awareness and thought required. 

But every time I do it, I start questioning myself why I make myself do it. 

It is the chaos, the excessive light disco and (probably due to my own lack of experience here) constant movement feeling like I'm all over the place, making it highly stressful and not a "fun" game. 

Thus this new event was something I was looking forward to. 

But man, the amount of bug, repetitive grind, UI issues and weird design choices (time requirements, limited 100 kills that everyone needs to fight for etc)....

Edited by Thando

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

The extra step is "hey, kill this 30-foot alien". All they need to do is give it an interesting attack or two, and it's a fun enough mission for me

As for "yet another island of content", it's a testbed for a new mission type

What new mission type is it a testbed for, exactly? Satellite towboating? because there seems to be absolutely nothing else in terms of gameplay testing being done here. Does it count as a new mission type is there's a showy orb to shoot before the mobile defense starts?

or, rather than mission type, did you mean it's a testbed for squad link, which adds absolutely nothing to the game except for a way to make mission progress reliant on the servers deciding you get to receive things from someone else? Or yourself, even, since people have reported receiving kill codes from themselves, also revealing that the 'squad link' isn't even actually being done in real time?

everything they seem to be testing with this event is ways of making the game worse based on vague and muddled community interactions, with no positive effects on gameplay. Oh, except I guess there's an option to spend credits to heal an objective for some squad? is that our upcoming gamechanger?

• Like 7

I feel like people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion ...

Yes it is kinda grindy but when the grind consists of generally standing around doing nothing it's not really that bad.

I've already made over 30k points since it has been out and that's not even playing the event all day long.

I'd really side with people complaining about the event grind if it consisted more than doing shoot stationary object and afk in limbo's rift. The only tough part about Scarlet spear is if peoples railjacks are bare bones, than you might run into some problems.

11 hours ago, Arphila said:

I feel like people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion ...

Yes it is kinda grindy but when the grind consists of generally standing around doing nothing it's not really that bad.

I've already made over 30k points since it has been out and that's not even playing the event all day long.

I'd really side with people complaining about the event grind if it consisted more than doing shoot stationary object and afk in limbo's rift. The only tough part about Scarlet spear is if peoples railjacks are bare bones, than you might run into some problems.

Congratulations! I'm guessing you were hosting? Try get your bonus when you're not host then come see me.

• Like 3

why would i play an event bound to DE's schedule and not mine?    get rid of the 100/100 crap.    the point rewards are a joke, there is no reason to play this event, hiding arcanes behind this garbage after the huge nerf is just nasty.

• Like 3