Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlett Speak - Solo play. People tried it?

Tenno76856

Hi all

When i heard about Scarlett Spear it sounded pretty much for co op only, but after watching a few videos, it seems people have found ways to solo the missions?.

Have people tried it solo?. 

Is Limbo really the only WF you should use when soloing the mission?.

the ground missions are definitely doable solo, I've done them with my frost and a corrosive lanka, they are harder and slower but alright to  do.  You'd need a pretty solid railjack to do the space ones solo, which I don't have and therefore cannot entirely confirm how valid that strategy is.

I've soloed the space missions limbo makes it easy.  Shoot the splinters before you enter the ship park inside the murax ship do mobile defense repeat 5x.  I can do it in about 25 mins if nothing bad happens like missing ramsleds and splinters then that slows you down dealing with that.

If you don't have limbo doing 3 ships is still easy but by 4 and 5 it's harder they can take out the link very fast and only limbo has really effective cc on sentients atm.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Both missions are possible solo , you need a very specific loadout (or slight a variation of it)to make it work.

Limbo is a no brainer (duration mostly and range to taste) with manageable survivability,

Heavy hitting corrosive (and puncture) crit weapon for condrix (you want to ensure you can clear the sentients from around it too).

A tough railjack with a lot of speed (you want more than 300 m/s when boosted at least) and void cloak (with as much duration as you can manage using the intrinsics) for space is sufficient as you dont really need to damage anything - just hit and run , dont stop for anything , let the grineer and sentients aggro each other while you run away and hide the railjack like the wuss you are. the intruder stasis works well too.

Take out any boarding ships to avoid issues when you return to ship,

It will however take you a lot lot lot longer than a proper squad.

Sure, happens pretty often to me when there are no randoms joining. Ground team is easiest, where you should just have a defense frame for the oplink and a weapon with high flat and crit damage. For space missions you'll need a pretty beefy railjack to make it past 3 waves though, where the hard part is getting from A to B with the satellite and not getting your railjack exploded while in the sentient ship. But yea, uploading/receiving killkcodes are 75% slower (each player boost the signal 25% with their oplink).

Personally advice NOT using Limbo unless you really just want to cheese everything with minimal gameplay. Frost is a lot more fun imo. 

Also don't forget the sentients are dropping Shedu parts if you don't have that yet.

Edited by SirTobe

DE took care about it, you literally can't play it solo.

You can try if you want, but then the game will spawn a unique miniboss called Unbearable Boringness, and it will kill you no mater what.

The only way to excape the boss' insta-kill is to use chat to entertain yorself while your frame is inside Limbo's bubble in sitting animation.

DE fix pls

29 минут назад, ant99999 сказал:

DE took care about it, you literally can't play it solo.

You can try if you want, but then the game will spawn a unique miniboss called Unbearable Boringness, and it will kill you no mater what.

The only way to excape the boss' insta-kill is to use chat to entertain yorself while your frame is inside Limbo's bubble in sitting animation.

DE fix pls

Next patch: a new elaborate Sentient with an aura that removes WF powers and has several immunity phases was added to Murex. It also puts Harry to shame with his particle effects. We are still investigating the no kill codes issue.

Edited by rand0mname

3 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

Hi all

When i heard about Scarlett Spear it sounded pretty much for co op only, but after watching a few videos, it seems people have found ways to solo the missions?.

Have people tried it solo?. 

Is Limbo really the only WF you should use when soloing the mission?.

Yes. Yes. No.

I can take Frost to railjack mission and solo it to wave 3 (including) without even trying. Ground mission, i think Frost is good to about wave 10 or 11, then you need more DPS, after that point it's just not viable to put bullets into that sponge for so long, it's faster to restart. But maybe i don't have optimal build.

Railjack part is easy, hide it underneath the sentient ship so ramsleds can't land, then keep oplink alive for about 2 minutes and that is it.

For ground part i think key frame is Mesa actually. She's very good at clearing adds. But mesa is best in duo. Frost + Mesa = ❤️

Edited by 32768
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 32768 said:

Ground mission, i think Frost is good to about wave 10 or 11, then you need more DPS, after that point it's just not viable to put bullets into that sponge for so long, it's faster to restart

Wait, I thought you needed to scan 17 condrices/upload 17 "codes."

You can stop short of that? Is there any penalty?

15 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

Wait, I thought you needed to scan 17 condrices/upload 17 "codes."

You can stop short of that? Is there any penalty?

You just go to extraction at any moment and keep your score. I think it's required to do at least 3 waves for extraction to open (any warframe i guess), after that it's as long as you're comfortable with. You might also destroy your oplink - that will force extraction too.

The penalty is that you get progressively less score. For 3 waves you'll get 90 points, for 10 waves you'll get 800-ish (don't remember exact number, 835 probably).

Edited by 32768

11 минут назад, ant99999 сказал:

Oh, you mean the fearsome Eyeburnalyst? The one drone because of which Sentient almost won the war?

Yep. That one. We were soooooo lucky that other Sentients were also too busy having a seizure to press the advantage.

Ahhh, so many memories. My Excalibur retina have not healed fully yet and Eidolon is so traumatized, that its children are afraid of the light to this day.

• Like 1

Yes i do solo all the time.

Limbo max duration. Range 100-130. Nd most importantly Vazarin. 

17 wave around 40-50 minute. Depend map and luck. 

Space i never like rj. So i dont do space but i think it can be done with limbo too. With teleport if rj get attacked. And max duration so plenty of time to go back to oplink. 

oplink cant be heal with vazarin. So u have to gruard it with only limbo and survive 17 wave ground and space. 

Oplink can be heal with sancti magistra only. But u have too sacrifice paracesis. And paracesis for me is important because of sentient adaptation reset.

If DE update oplink can be heal with vazarin. Then u can doit with any frame u want. 

---------------

But if u want solo for only 3-5 wave or even maybe 7 wave ground ( with defensif frame). It can be done with anyframe for 3-5 wave. 

Done ground solo most of the time. Not that lucky with matchmaking. It's doable but it's a slog. Limbo makes it easier to do but be sure to bring hard hitting weap (or zaw with exodia contagion).

Thing is, this event is boring. I really fell asleep during each missions a couple times already, whether it's solo or in team. Start >> run to 1st condrix >> blast the eyes >> kill sentients >> blast eyes >> sentients, rinse and repeat until you fell asleep

Ground is very easy with Frost (Prime). I run it with an Umbral Frost 105% duration, 175% efficiency, 145% range and 181% strength with augment for his #1 for more damage. Corrosive Chakhurr to kill Condrix and a corrosive sacrifical modded paracesis for sentients, then Kuva Nukor with Viral+Heat for grineer. Pet of choice adarza due to reliable crits bonus.

Consistant clear times of 35-40 minutes for 17 Condrix, if I snooze and a Aerolyst (That is the name right? (the one with the jihad belt)) starts flying off it will gimp the time. I mostly dont miss them since when the condrix poops out the sentients I cast avalanche, then head for the aerolyst if there is one and RMB+Forward+E him to death, make sure to start with RMB+E only so you know you are "stuck" on the lyst, otherwise the forward combo will bunnyhop you past him.

There is only one thing you need to do on ground, keep an eye out for the elite shield lancers since they have a tonkor that will be able to hit the oplink through your dome, though they only seem to shoot at you. So when you see one, pop avalanche then roast him and his nearby friends with the nukor.

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Limbo is a no brainer (duration mostly and range to taste) with manageable survivability,

Sounds super boring, why even bother; play something fun instead.

People are really fine with this level of non-engagement in the next "big" event? It's thermia fractures 2.0, very disappointing.

We have highly mobile Warframes but we're always standing around waiting out some timer.

I'll get the Nova skin (can't take that plat with you when you stop playing), do a couple rounds with her, and if it's as dull as it seems to be, go back to playing something else.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Sounds super boring, why even bother; play something fun instead.

People are really fine with this level of non-engagement in the next "big" event? It's thermia fractures 2.0, very disappointing.

We have highly mobile Warframes but we're always standing around waiting out some timer.

I'll get the Nova skin (can't take that plat with you when you stop playing), do a couple rounds with her, and if it's as dull as it seems to be, go back to playing something else.

The question was to make it possible to solo , not to make it fun.

The Murex mission is definitely boring while you wait, But the condrix one is very exciting as you need to be out of your bubble to damage it.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I've soloed the space missions limbo makes it easy.  Shoot the splinters before you enter the ship park inside the murax ship do mobile defense repeat 5x.  I can do it in about 25 mins if nothing bad happens like missing ramsleds and splinters then that slows you down dealing with that.

If you don't have limbo doing 3 ships is still easy but by 4 and 5 it's harder they can take out the link very fast and only limbo has really effective cc on sentients atm.

There is another trick about the Splinters. When you see a Murex fly under it and shoot the red shiny cloud(it is the lead indicator thing). It won t give you any xp but the weird thing is, when you clear one Murex after another, they respawn on the same spot you cleared a Murex before. But it seems with destroying the red shiny cloud, you destroyed the module that spawns the Splinters.

Edited by CR0ME

I've been doing the ground missions solo with Frost, a Kuva Chakkur and a Catchmoon. Catchmoon for the Aerolyst and weaker enemies, and Chakkur for the Condrix and tougher enemies.

I usually quit after the 8th Condrix because after that the time involved isn't worth the added credits, chasing the stinking Aerolyst around the map as it runs from me, gets out of range of the nerfed Catchmoon or embeds itself into the landscap so it can't be damaged just adds way too much time and annoyance into the equation. Plus that's when the Grineer with AoE weapons come out to play and will destroy the fragile oplink even through Frost's bubble.

Edited by 3rdpig

I've found that Volt is probably the best solo frame to do ground missions with at the moment. Volt has all the tools to be fast, buff damage for the Condrix, and defend Oplink health.

Shock Trooper and Electric Shield buff corrosive weapons for the Condrix, with a good weapon you can dispatch of them quickly with a shot or two. 

Shock Trooper and Speed give a significant damage boost for combating sentients with the Paracesis. 

Speed makes you faster when travelling to the next Condrix.

Electric Shields can be used to protect the Oplink, I've been able to go to ~round 14 with Electric Shields surrounding my Oplink and rejuvenation in my aura slot before it starts to significantly take damage. You need around ~175 duration for the shields to last the entire defense phase, but you could also use a lower duration and just recast the shields.