The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

YouTubers and streamers need to be more careful

(PSN)drollive96

If this is what happens, then its exactly what should happen. Because this is how balance works. Warframe is so complicated at this point that DE can't test every single possible combo of stuff in the game before they release something. So, inevitably there will be unintended effects, many of which will be overpowered. And once DE notices those, they need to fix them.

But, they obviously don't actually do that all that often. Otherwise this game might actually have some semblance of balance, and be a lot more fun. Its also pretty clear that they do very little testing at all before release anymore.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Too much freedom can kill a game's design principles. Even Animal Crossing made sure to add in goals, obstacles and 'antagonists', as minor, non-threatening and even well-meaning as they may be and that's a game that's as free as it's possible to be. Warframe's an action game as much as it is an RPG. How is DE supposed to make engaging events, fun game modes and dramatic tension when the player is entirely free to 'switch off' any given gameplay encounter by virtue of their ludicrous power? 

Letting players be OP if they want can be fun, but the game has to be designed with that in mind. An with Warframe, pretty much all of the super OP combos are unintentional. So they definitely cause more problems than they should.

Plus, giving players a ton of freedom and letting them be super OP in a single player game is fine, because then its 100% their choice whether they do it or not. But in a mutiplayer game like Warframe, there need to be limitations to keep everyone equal. It doesn't matter if you want to limit yourself and not bring your OP weapons to a mission if someone else does, because then you're just going to get left behind while they trivialize the mission for you.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zimzala said:

I think it's hilarious that people watch other people play games, personally...I would rather watch paint dry, at least then, I got some painting done...the funny part is that what they say becomes the 'meta' or is perceived as 'best' even when they are obviously wrong...lemmings will be lemmings...

This is how I feel about sports.

And even then, at least watching people play video games, it's something I also do.

How many sports fans can say the same thing?

5 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

And even then, at least watching people play video games, it's something I also do.

With sports, you're seeing people do athletic feats only the elite can do. E-sports is the same. I can watch elite players play Street fighter, StarCraft,etc. 

What I don't get is how you can watch someone be average at a game an just small talk for hours. Streamers are the worse. And their forced "personalities" are even more vain and annoying.

To each their own, but I can't stomach watching some random opinionated person blab about a game they aren't even really that good at. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I worked hard to max out standing for both cetus and Vox Solaris and this is the thanks I get lol.

1. This game is under constant development, things are prone to change.

2. Not everyone who plays this game want to see it evolve exactly the way you do. (so devs won't obviously cater just one subtype of players all the time)

3. It's a game, not a job. You're not doing it right if you disliked the road to rewards more than liking the rewards themselves. Enjoying "the trip to the promised land" instead of just the promised land, is a skill, and I encourage you and everyone with your mindset to practice it, because it'll make your life suck less.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I know it wont completely stop all the ridiculous nerfs we have been receiving, but it may help minimize it. Every time they make a video showcasing an op build, they should carefully consider that DE can see it and may nerf things based on those videos if they see things they dont like. I'm keeping all my powerful builds secret now unless its in a place where DE has limited access to, such as within my close circle of friends, or my clan. Everyone else should heed this warning, your actions and what you share can have consequences

You forgot one important thing, they have the data, and it's not hard to put 1+1 when they see a weapon or frame being used alot...they'll dig deeper and find the reason why.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I know it wont completely stop all the ridiculous nerfs we have been receiving, but it may help minimize it. Every time they make a video showcasing an op build, they should carefully consider that DE can see it and may nerf things based on those videos if they see things they dont like. I'm keeping all my powerful builds secret now unless its in a place where DE has limited access to, such as within my close circle of friends, or my clan. Everyone else should heed this warning, your actions and what you share can have consequences

I only share best of the best builds only to close friends who will not leak them. Whatever OP, meta, extremely fun builds are shared on YT will very soon get nerfed to the ground. 
Some of these builds are so powerful, I don’t even use them often in public squads, instead, I often use the top builds of average or even weak and obscure weapons and builds to avoid getting attention. It’s not a healthy state of game design trend as players with meta or powerful builds have to hide. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GOOFBALL1 said:

3. It's a game, not a job. You're not doing it right if you disliked the road to rewards more than liking the rewards themselves. Enjoying "the trip to the promised land" instead of just the promised land, is a skill, and I encourage you and everyone with your mindset to practice it, because it'll make your life suck less.

The journey is the game. What's the point of arcanes if you aren't enjoying grinding? There's no PvP

• Like 1

No, they don't. Its better to get DE's attention to things sooner rather than later. We are the testers and no one finds the issues with games much like a large active player-base. The little quirks and flaws that are not reveled until X ability is used in Y condition that wasn't intended as such, which in the meantime has been chosen by the Metaherd as the way to do Z and then when its altered that same herd gets its collective panties in a twist over losing it. The case with Limbo was as such that here was a way to trivialize a encounter to the point where it was "lol free loot" with extremely minimal effort (the calling card of the meta...)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zimzala said:

I think it's hilarious that people watch other people play games, personally...I would rather watch paint dry, at least then, I got some painting done...the funny part is that what they say becomes the 'meta' or is perceived as 'best' even when they are obviously wrong...lemmings will be lemmings...

DE has players teach other players how to play the game. 

14 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Same.  I don't get watching a bunch of people I don't know in a place I am not chase a ball around a field or a auditorium.

11 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

DE has players teach other players how to play the game. 

I totally get watching and reading to learn the basics of the game, or even cheat videos to get past puzzles.

14 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

With sports, you're seeing people do athletic feats only the elite can do. E-sports is the same. I can watch elite players play Street fighter, StarCraft,etc. 

What I don't get is how you can watch someone be average at a game an just small talk for hours. Streamers are the worse. And their forced "personalities" are even more vain and annoying.

To each their own, but I can't stomach watching some random opinionated person blab about a game they aren't even really that good at. 

This is my outlook, mostly I guess since I don't watch e-sports either, but yeah, watching people do things I cannot is one thing, watching people play videos games instead of actually playing the video games is just ... not my thing.

13 hours ago, Xkorpitron said:

You forgot one important thing, they have the data, and it's not hard to put 1+1 when they see a weapon or frame being used alot...they'll dig deeper and find the reason why.

And finally this ... it's hilarious to me that people think DE rely on things like YouTubers for this when they have all the data... the idea that the company is 'stupid' and 'does not play the game' just because they don't do the things a group of players want to see is just about the silliest thing running about game developers...

• Like 1

On 2020-04-05 at 4:39 PM, Battle.Mage said:

devs are good enough to know which build is "what you call OP" or not.

Can’t agree with since one dev (head of them) was transmitting his first steps into wf. Then he “discovered” to get rhino was in early planets but one materials was 4 planets after. Then he stopped his streams... that’s just mean they don’t play their own game and don’t have any clue whats happens inside. Aside some good exceptions like Pablo the rest it’s like... “ I don’t care  and players will play as we want or don’t play my game”

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

the idea that the company is 'stupid' and 'does not play the game' just because they don't do the things

Actually there some proofs of that in twitch streams. they really don’t know most of common things. As I said b4 one dev “discovered” rhino in one planet and one material was 4 planets after (which of course doesn’t make any sense) then he putted that resource on earth and stop his streams.

not saying they getting their info exclusive in YT but they watch and change things... one of many cases was an YT’ber saying a couple of things about WF AI and then 3 hours after the same dev twitted this yt guy to say “hey my game wasn’t like this”

• Like 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)f0l1v31r4:

Can’t agree with since one dev (head of them) was transmitting his first steps into wf. Then he “discovered” to get rhino was in early planets but one materials was 4 planets after. Then he stopped his streams... that’s just mean they don’t play their own game and don’t have any clue whats happens inside. Aside some good exceptions like Pablo the rest it’s like... “ I don’t care  and players will play as we want or don’t play my game”

Actually there some proofs of that in twitch streams. they really don’t know most of common things. As I said b4 one dev “discovered” rhino in one planet and one material was 4 planets after (which of course doesn’t make any sense) then he putted that resource on earth and stop his streams.

not saying they getting their info exclusive in YT but they watch and change things... one of many cases was an YT’ber saying a couple of things about WF AI and then 3 hours after the same dev twitted this yt guy to say “hey my game wasn’t like this”

🤣 but he streamed and it was long ago? so they tested it even in real time. and hope they learned something from this mistake.

and nobody and nothing is perfect in this world. and of course i dont know everything. sh*t happens.

1 hour ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

One, or more, developers will not know everything.

I don't expect each developer to know each detail.

9 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

One, or more, developers will not know everything.

I don't expect each developer to know each detail.

Of course but at least the minimum should be good. Specially cuz this particular dev it’s the head of devs... that means... everything pass through his hands... Another dev “the nerf hammer man” watch streams to nerf things but when he tried solo Saturn RJ he had to enable god mode because was “impossible” to solo it... there’s so many funny things happening since that Chinese company bought 60% of them.

btw the end of the dev last stream was “those things doesn’t make any sense” I laughed a lot that day

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Of course but at least the minimum should be good. Specially cuz this particular dev it’s the head of devs... that means... everything pass through his hands... Another dev “the nerf hammer man” watch streams to nerf things but when he tried solo Saturn RJ he had to enable god mode because was “impossible” to solo it... there’s so many funny things happening since that Chinese company bought 60% of them.

btw the end of the dev last stream was “those things doesn’t make any sense” I laughed a lot that day

Sure, but I don't hink jumping on what one dev says in a stream as the 'company brain trust'...

19 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

🤣 but he streamed and it was long ago? so they tested it even in real time. and hope they learned something from this mistake.

and nobody and nothing is perfect in this world. and of course i dont know everything. sh*t happens.

Yes of course ... but when u doing your job u will always be remembered by your errors never by the success(the success u just did your job which you was hired for). So you have to deliver as best as you can... or you like a pepperoni pizza without pepperoni?

that stream was like 8months ago.

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

Sure, but I don't hink jumping on what one dev says in a stream as the 'company brain trust'...

I can agree but this person in particular is like a director inside the company having above him just the president (which doesn’t have anymore inside DE)... Absolutely nothing go further without his consent. But it’s hard to pay attention on everything at same time... and that’s why you hire assistants... but look at the main word when you  for DE as company... 78% of their employees define as “mismanaged”... and what happen when you work with chaos around you? Misdirection... few examples...

everbody ask less grind = they make ring wall

everbody ask for AÍ improvements = they nerf weapons/frames

everbody saying the prices are too high = they keep the cost and send 2k extra currency

They say”never gonna deliver half baked content anymore = then next update scarlet spear (which don’t even need elaborate)

look I still like warframe and playing more than I should... but the past 4 mainlines was really terrible... I just don’t deny... if you love you son and sees him putting his finger at the power socket... probably you will scream at him and say it “never do that again”... and not smile and say “yes go ahead and do it you have your reasons”

Don’t believe me... go all the threads have at least one person legitimately complaining about something in the last week (or more if you want to)

12 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

I can agree but this person in particular is like a director inside the company having above him just the president (which doesn’t have anymore inside DE)... Absolutely nothing go further without his consent. But it’s hard to pay attention on everything at same time... and that’s why you hire assistants... but look at the main word when you  for DE as company... 78% of their employees define as “mismanaged”... and what happen when you work with chaos around you? Misdirection... few examples...

everbody saying the prices are too high = they keep the cost and send 2k extra currency

They say”never gonna deliver half baked content anymore = then next update scarlet spear (which don’t even need elaborate)

look I still like warframe and playing more than I should... but the past 4 mainlines was really terrible... I just don’t deny... if you love you son and sees him putting his finger at the power socket... probably you will scream at him and say it “never do that again”... and not smile and say “yes go ahead and do it you have your reasons”

Don’t believe me... go all the threads have at least one person legitimately complaining about something in the last week (or more if you want to)

78% of those that responded to what, exactly, called the company mismanaged?

As for the rest - I am not saying any of the new stuff in the last year is good or bad, only that from my POV, I doubt that outside influences have as much influence as some people think they do - one can argue endlessly if that is 'good' or 'bad' - I just see a game that has had a very successful run thus far, even with players that like to think the world is ending due to a things in a game not being what they want...the financials of this year IMO will dictate the future...not what some YouTubers spout off about...

9 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

I just need to ask, did you have full info on what equipment was used in the video where the dev had to use god mode in saturn though? They tend to use builds with very minimal effort put into them when they showcase things. So even if they use god mode it doesnt mean things arent imbalanced and need nerfing, it just means that they use a non modded or barely modded build. I'm also curios where your 78% comes from and if you imply that 78% of the employees at DE claim it is mismanaged.

You are also kinda off on the "never gonna deliver half baked content anymore", that comment came after the release of SS. And also indicated that it wouldnt mean that future releases would be bug free. Bugs being pretty much the only thing that pulls down the enjoyment of SS. Outside of that it is a good event mode much in the veins of plague star.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

everybody ask less grind = people complain that there isn't anything to grind for

everybody ask for AI improvements = no point in changing AI if everything is deleted before it has a chance to use its AI

everybody saying the prices are too high = refer to first (also DE double base credit gain so...)

Do I blame the community for DE's mistakes? No, absolutely not. DE messes up all the time and they should be held accountable. However, nine times out of ten the "feedback" the community gives is heavily misguided and doesn't think about the consequences of the requests.

• Like 3

Let’s organize.

2 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

78% of those that responded to what, exactly, called the company mismanaged?

They answered a question about the company like the “what’s the bast company to work in 2020 for example” it’s in the google.

5 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

not saying any of the new stuff in the last year is good or bad

That’s a lil subjective since “good” or “bad” depends on too much things.

7 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

- I just see a game that has had a very successful run thus far,

Agreed with just one thing... I see a game which was very very fun and easy but still fun... even with completely broke AÍ and their problems but tbh I keep playing hoping they find what they want (including the core game) and then decide if I like it or not.

10 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

players that like to think the world is ending due to a things in a game not being what they want

I think that’s a result from a grave which they (de) digged  by themselves... giving things and delivery a msg “we hear you”... but just things are going downhill (that’s just my observation).

13 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

the financials of this year IMO will dictate the future...not what some YouTubers spout off about...

Can’t disagree in any shape or form... but yt guys do some kind of mkt work influencing ppl

————————

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

did you have full info on what equipment was used

Of course not... but why should I doubt in ur word if u say something like this?

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

imbalanced and need nerfing

That’s their excuse across the years some I can agree and some it’s just excuses based on “oh players are using too much of this”

16 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

the "never gonna deliver half baked content anymore", that comment came after the release of SS.

Nope was at first stream of the year when he talk about “learned lessons from 2019” close to the “we payed the price to put a game inside a game” showing he had no clue why the majority users was pissed of.

19 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

that it wouldnt mean that future releases would be bug free.

Of course there’s no way to test minor bug without delay the delivery I can agree with that... but the whole thing not doing what suppose to do. just looks like if they produce a cofee machine I have to expect even eggs and cheese inside that cofee.

22 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Bugs being pretty much the only thing that pulls down the enjoyment of SS. Outside of that it is a good event mode

Don’t know yet but as far as I saw today the kill code wasn’t being received yet... and that’s the core part of the event...

look even RJ being bugged as hell I had some fun there... but I wasn’t treating as my job (to Grindy... cheese the whole thing) I just enjoyed... and I have absolutely sure SS can be fun as hell (but far from what was promised)... it feels like they slipping in every single content.

——————-

16 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

However, nine times out of ten the "feedback" the community gives is heavily misguided and doesn't think about the consequences of the requests.

That’s for sure... but every place or thing that you bought has a website (or at least a paper) saying “help us to improve our product”... but that’s doesn’t mean if u send a msg saying some bs they will do... there’s ppl behind thinking...

now just to bring something really weird.... someone can answer where is that contest which suppose to give a mil for Tenno ligo to space? Simply disappeared from my news panel... smoke?

things aren’t clear enough... the game? Ok still fun (which is subjective too) but... they really need to decide what they want to be... because a looty shooty (without the shooty part) or mmorpg (without the rpg part)... there’s no way to get every niche in the market.

sorry for the wall text :crylaugh: 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Of course not... but why should I doubt in ur word if u say something like this?

That’s their excuse across the years some I can agree and some it’s just excuses based on “oh players are using too much of this”

Nope was at first stream of the year when he talk about “learned lessons from 2019” close to the “we payed the price to put a game inside a game” showing he had no clue why the majority users was pissed of.

Of course there’s no way to test minor bug without delay the delivery I can agree with that... but the whole thing not doing what suppose to do. just looks like if they produce a cofee machine I have to expect even eggs and cheese inside that cofee.

Don’t know yet but as far as I saw today the kill code wasn’t being received yet... and that’s the core part of the event...

look even RJ being bugged as hell I had some fun there... but I wasn’t treating as my job (to Grindy... cheese the whole thing) I just enjoyed... and I have absolutely sure SS can be fun as hell (but far from what was promised)... it feels like they slipping in every single content.

But it is pretty typical from dev teams in games where there is actually a gearing progress to just sit at baseline things and cheese through it with dev mode and no actual builds. I think the only devs I've seen where that isnt the case would be the guys working on FFXIV, they always show things as they are intended in the game, or atleast used to, dont know nowdays.

Well yeah, if something is over used it should likely get looked at because there is a reason why it is popular. Catchmoon being a prime example, which went from being a rediculously OP weapon to a very good weapon. There are several things that are overly used because they are cheese good, but they usually dodge the radar since they are niche things that fit to maybe one frame. When those things get changed to cover a wider usage more people will jump the cheese train and the devs will catch on. This is also not a DE specific thing, look at any season based game and you'll see the massive nerfs and changes between seasons, since some things were used too much in one of the previous seasons. People dont tend to use something too much unless it is meta.

Well SS isnt half baked, the bugs are annoying but the game mode is solid. They even said in the dev stream prior to the SS release that there were several bugs to fix. I can live with bugs if the game mode is fun and the bugs eventually get fixed. I think by half baked they mean early access things, like RJ and a very disconnected lich system. SS itself is no different than previous events, with some bugs that are very annoying and hinders the intended flow of progress. And the bugs arent game breaking, they happen at times but it is very rarely. So far I've had maybe 5 or so completely bugged out runs and I think 2 waves that reset to 0/100 halfway through.

Well yeah if something isnt working as it should it is bad, but we havent gotten many things like that. With SS people are seriously exaggerating the issues since they make it sound like it is every time they play it. Sure they might be the most unlucky people on earth with limited time and run into the bugs every little period they have time to play, but that is highly doubtful since people tend to love to exaggerate when they criticize.

Kill codes are recieved just fine mostly, they just bug out in a few occassions.

For me SS was exactly as promised, an event that ties into the New War. Squad link however kinda failed, since it doesnt really feel very present. They could have just done the event without it and just two different game modes to enjoy. I just hope DE will learn from this and adjust squad link to be something better.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

But it is pretty typical from dev teams in games where there is actually a gearing progress to just sit at baseline things and cheese through it with dev mode and no actual builds. I think the only devs I've seen where that isnt the case would be the guys working on FFXIV, they always show things as they are intended in the game, or atleast used to, dont know nowdays.

Sry I had quote the entire paragraph cuz man... that’s a fking example how all the companies Should make with their games... besides that point you brought there’s one more I like to complement... they have a day (at work) which all employees have to play the game... then they bring to the table ideas based on what the game is and how to improve...

Catchmoon being a prime example, which went from being a rediculously OP weapon to a very good weapon.

Agreed with the whole idea... but how about itzal? Just because everybody is using to blink? too much power I can agree... but one thing designed to do one ability (in most of cases using 2) and because of eidolon? Can’t agree with that... and let’s wait til the modular AW thing.

I can live with bugs if the game mode is fun and the bugs eventually get fixed.

Yes it’s ok that’s your opinion but i saw guys trying for 40 min or more without receiving the codes.

like RJ and a very disconnected lich system. SS itself is no different than previous events,

Man if you remember last 2 or 3 tennocons was same vídeos connecting RJ to a powerful enemy (lich) and ppl on the ground helping doing ground missions... so there’s no connection at all

With SS people are seriously exaggerating the issues since they make it sound like it is every time they play it.

Yeah that’s for sure.... but I’m talking just about what I saw... I read/watched a lot of stupidity coming from yt guys... but I got my own opinion based in what I saw... even then looked like a sh1t show but at same looked funny if things works at minimum 

For me SS was exactly as promised, an event that ties into the New War.

Sorry but wasn’t to be an event... that should be the whole thing connected to RJ/lich/capital ships...

but I can agreed if that was just a test for the whole implementation of those things.

hope DE will learn from this and adjust squad link to be something better.

Man I hope too cuz if u look at the game itself everybody can see so much potencial...

Edited by (PS4)f0l1v31r4