The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do people feel about the Arcane changes after Scarlet Spear?

(NSW)Greybones

I was curious as to how people feel about the Arcane changes now that they’ve had a chance to do Scarlet Spear 🤔 When the Arcane Ranks were increased from 3 to 5, many people were unhappy at the extra grind to make it up to rank 5 (at the time, the thought of going through Eidolons all over again made a lot of people mad). Has that extra grind been effectively softened by Scarlet Spear?

I haven’t gotten to the point where I ground for a lot of Arcanes, so I have no personal experience to base the effect of Scarlet Spear on, and would love insight from those who can provide perspective.

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

well, you have to have 21 of them, instead of 20, which is still just as annoying.
Cooldowns added to most of them which make their use pretty inconsistent and ergo Loadouts having to be setup assuming that the Arcanes won't be active.
mechanics of some changed to extremely convoluted and antithetical requirements that make some of them borderline useless.

but if you're talking about just the costs to Equip, it's still 21 rather than 20 and that will always feel bad.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I was curious as to how people feel about the Arcane changes now that they’ve had a chance to do Scarlet Spear 🤔 When the Arcane Ranks were increased from 3 to 5, many people were unhappy at the extra grind to make it up to rank 5 (at the time, the thought of going through Eidolons all over again made a lot of people mad). Has that extra grind been effectively softened by Scarlet Spear?

The change that annoyed me the most was not being able to stack them. Two x Arcane Energize no longer possible. It was a poor design vision that DE allowed stacking them to begin with because DE does poorly at realizing how something will be used then kneejerks a 'fix' (nerf) to make it work differently after players have invested time in gathering item(s) and testing the setup. Lets call learning how to optimize something in the game an exploit.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

The change that annoyed me the most was not being able to stack them. Two x Arcane Energize no longer possible. It was a poor design vision that DE allowed stacking them to begin with because DE does poorly at realizing how something will be used then kneejerks a 'fix' (nerf) to make it work differently after players have invested time in gathering item(s) and testing the setup. Lets call learning how to optimize something in the game an exploit.

What did two Arcane Energizes let you do that you can no longer do? 🤔 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, taiiat said:

well, you have to have 21 of them, instead of 20, which is still just as annoying.
Cooldowns added to most of them which make their use pretty inconsistent and ergo Loadouts having to be setup assuming that the Arcanes won't be active.
mechanics of some changed to extremely convoluted and antithetical requirements that make some of them borderline useless.

but if you're talking about just the costs to Equip, it's still 21 rather than 20 and that will always feel bad.

Lol...do you think its acceptable to have an arcanes effect on permanently...?  Maybe we could just permanently add the effects to all frames automatically.....free guardian and energize procs 24/7 why not...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

"I used to be able to drive 130 mph, but the cops waited 5 years to tell us to only drive 100. I got used to driving 130 so what am I supposed to do now?"

That's all we're hearing from you.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Lol...do you think its acceptable to have an arcanes effect on permanently...?  Maybe we could just permanently add the effects to all frames automatically.....free guardian and energize procs 24/7 why not...

their practical uptime and/or reliability has to be relatively high for them to make much of a difference in Gameplay and for the Player to be able to have some expectation that the effect will actually happen.
if it's super inconsistent and so has to be assumed that it won't be active a significant amount of the time, then it simply is not useful for when Players would really want/need the benefits, vs high Level Enemies. inconsistent results are fine vs low Level Enemies where mistakes don't matter, but you also don't need the benefits of any of them there anyways.
not even to mention the few that have such situational activation requirements that they're effectively useless because they can't activate.

Guardian is a decent one to bring up - it's now for the most part only useful on Warframes that were already fairly durable, and less durable Warframes will seriously struggle to make use of the Arcane.
even though the Stats of it were previously changed from +60% to +600 for literally the exact reason of wanting to make the Arcane help lower durability Warframes more usefully.
so, as usual, change for the sake of change and an item is literally nerfed out of doing the exact thing it existed to do, and only left to be able to do something that Digital Extremes said they didn't want it to do.
but that's the status quo for Warframe.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

"I used to be able to drive 130 mph, but the cops waited 5 years to tell us to only drive 100. I got used to driving 130 so what am I supposed to do now?"

That's all we're hearing from you.

Don't hurt your arm.

"The speed limit was 130mph for 5 years but was changed to 100mph because people were getting places too quickly."

• Like 10

I am happy that there is finally an even that gives players chance to catch up on rare gear instead of throwing 3k+ plat for it. Eidolon hunting, as fun as it may be, is really toxic, because of the time gated environment DE created. A very simple fix to Eidolons could have been made that fixes the issue with arcanes - remove the timer of the event.

I have a suspicious feeling that DE creates these systems like the Eidolon hunting, Kuva Liches and Riven mods just to sell power, be it indirectly, through platium purchase that go stright in the trade chat. There is a huge difference between buying the new prime Warframe or weapon for 100-200p and bying an arcane set for 1.5kp and a riven for even more than that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Highresist said:

I have a suspicious feeling that DE creates these systems like the Eidolon hunting, Kuva Liches and Riven mods just to sell power, be it indirectly, through platium purchase that go stright in the trade chat. There is a huge difference between buying the new prime Warframe or weapon for 100-200p and bying an arcane set for 1.5kp and a riven for even more than that.

What does it mean for them now that they’ve decided to make it much easier to obtain Arcanes with Scarlet Spear? 🤔

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

What does it mean for them now that they’ve decided to make it much easier to obtain Arcanes? 🤔

That there are at least some people in DE that have common sense, even though they still haven't fixed the Eidolons by removing the timer and they probably won't do it. Next step would be fixing the rivens, because some of them cost over 10k plat, which in terms of irl currency is 500$ (without discount).
I also think that SS is a bandate fix, because the moment the event ends, arcanes may go up, if not to their original prices, somewhat close to them.

Edited by Highresist
  • Like 1

I didn't care about arcanes before this dropped, and after seeing how much of a mess the SS missions are (especially on Switch) I still don't care about arcanes.

My freebie rank 1 energize will just have to stay there as a minor benefit until the end of time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aldain said:

My freebie rank 1 energize will just have to stay there as a minor benefit until the end of time.

I wonder if Warframe will be here long enough for us to level up Arcane Energise to the max rank, only by getting them from Nightwave? 😁

I think overall the changes are VERY GOOD.

I had ALL the relevant arcanes maxed before the event, doubles for the ones that made sense that way

MY TAKE:

-A few arcanes that were crazy good were nerfed a bit, no big deal
-Some arcanes that were good but couldn't make the cut are much more viable now
-Some like energize were better before with a double maxed arcane, but you can still get a very relevant and powerful effect with a R5 now AND have room for a different arcane now. So atleast now one R5 is better that one R3
-Some that before didnt make sense in double set, now have just a straight upgrade path for the single one. making more arcanes viable.
-Some arcanes required a double set for full effect (proc immunity) now are definitely interesting

If you had everything before SS, the farm for the missing stuff is very tollerable. If you had just few arcanes before now its really worth grinding for the relevant ones, much faster than eidolons and you choose what to pick

its one of the few recent changes that is 9/10 positive. Didnt really break anyone's toys, gives more viable options and downgraded just the right amount the ones that were miles above the others

energize is still extremely strong and relevant
grace is ihmo on par with before, just tweaked
guardian is still fine
ultimatum is still pretty great
velocity is still pretty great
fury is straight better, same for strike, momentum and many others
trickery is still viable in the right build and playstyle
proc immunity now are pretty decent and still super cheap

• Like 7

I love the changes to the arcanes. I always played with two different arcanes before(even if they were only R1-R2 at most) and now they buffed my play style in a way.
Also ss gave me the chance with a big grind to max out the important ones and even get ones I didn't have even an R0 before(barrier).

• Like 3

Not entirely pleased by the whole thing. I only ever used one Energize so it's not like I'm salty because I can't use two anymore. That said, the 15-second cooldown on it (even though it's rank 5) makes it feel like an outright nerf, at least for me. As for the others... well, I'm REALLY not happy about the arcanes that had a 100% chance of proccing at rank 3, which then had their goalposts shifted so that they need to be ranked up to 5 just to attain a power level that they already had before the nerf (see: most of the Operator arcanes). And even though Scarlet Spear has helped mitigate some of the grind to get back up to cap, it does absolutely nothing to help with the doubled grind we now need for the Cetus/Fortuna arcanes. So at least in my opinion, the arcane changes have been a total bust.

Edited by Sapphirya
  • Like 1

The only one I dont like is Grace and that is mostly due to it not being able to proc while active and the low proc chance. I might aswell slot a further damage increasing arcane for melee and just slot my melee weapon with healing return for the frames that need it, or use nikana+daikyu. Though it still works well on Inaros.

• Like 2