The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What can DE say on the next Dev stream to appease You?

What I want to hear is that they'll go away from design mindset of the "conservative approach" (like they called it in the self damage removal and AoE weapon nerf). That means keeping weapons weak at first so they have room to improve upwards or make farms immensly overtuned on launch so people dont finish barebones content in a week (Dog Days, Liches, Railjack and Scarlet Spear). They are pretty much planning to fail on the first release of everything which is already a killjoy and on top of that they move on before it's in a good spot. I get that player retention is the holy grail of a free to play game but it is done in a way that makes me glad when i can finally ditch those pieces of content. 

Then again Rebb acknowledging that they messed up and the rest of the devteam acknowledging are two different things. We can have as many PR statements and damage control messages as we want but all that means nothing if there is no action to back them up. Last devstream when Rebb tried to bring the topic up Steve instantly steered away from it, so him and Scott talking about it would be a nice step but ultimatively we need to hear concrete steps what they plan to make future content drops better on release and to improve the stuff since liches (because that's not just bugs, if only bugs were the issue then we wouldnt have this thread).

• Like 1

That they are still working on the game.

i don’t expect a home run every time. I’m still here to see what’s next 

EDIT: I also want 360 flight added back to Archwing. I hate hitting the 180 limit to climbs and not being able to spin. I want to fly upside down, darn it!

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Mor thots
  • Like 1

That they will either change the Deluxe Skin and Deluxe Bundle interactions to either reduce the price of the skin from the bundle if the skin is already owned or failing in that, change the UI to have a non boolean (EG type "Agree" then press OK) confirmation that indicates to the player that they will be paying full price for the bundle even tho they already own the skin.

Because at present it's kinda distasteful that the market does neither of those. Tho I suppose allowing a purchase (even if it is oneclick) is a slight side grade from locking you out of ever being able to buy the bundle if you owned the skin, which is what it used to do. 

Mechanically I'd just love it if they removed spinout from Archwing, speicifically Titania because I hate the fact that I have to use Primed Sure Footed to keep my fluidity of motion in the event she dares tap onto a surface while in Razorwing. That Mod slot is much better suited for Peculiar Bloom. 

Just now, Drachnyn said:

Then again Rebb acknowledging that they messed up and the rest of the devteam acknowledging are two different things.

I feel like Steve has acknowledged that these last few updates weren’t as successful as they could have been. I remember him saying that they put another game inside their game and are paying the price for it.

• Like 3

hace 3 horas, (PS4)sweatshawp dijo:

It’s impossible to remove rivens with massive amounts and I mean MASSIVE amounts of player backlash 

Right now there are only people saying rivens should be eliminated. I didnt read a single post defending them.

But try removing them and see what happens. You are right. You should save this comment in case they do it.

1 minute ago, Travis05 said:

Right now there are only people saying rivens should be eliminated. I didnt read a single post defending them.

But try removing them and see what happens. You are right. You should save this comment in case they do it.

You do realize this is the forums not the game right? 

Also people on the forums have been saying remove rivens for years just like some people saw you not stabbing your lich as a Bannable offense 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

hace 7 minutos, wargthewarg dijo:

I would love to believe they could say anything, but like my alcoholic ex, if there's no action that follows the endless promises to improve there's no need to waste any time waiting/hoping.

Last year's "white board" stream was the last time I was willing to give them a little benefit of the doubt. And here we are, a year+ after and everything is in flames. The grind has gotten a lot worse, the updates have been awful, yet cosmetics keep being rolled out for revenue.

I hope the stream goes well. What I would like to hear is that Tennocon will not be a scripted fake demo this year and that precious dev time will be spent elsewhere but... it's their biggest marketing platform so I fear not a lot will happen in our favor for the next few months.

Thats a good analogy. Sorry you had to endure an alcoholic person though. The way you say it sounds very daunting

3 minutes ago, Travis05 said:

Oh sorry...didn't realize I needed to defend my viewpoint because you think you are worth a response.  I'll give you one post and no more.

With that said....Rivens should stay...so your argument is moot.

hace 1 minuto, Chappie1975 dijo:

Oh sorry...didn't realize I needed to defend my viewpoint because you think you are worth a response.  I'll give you one post and no more.

With that said....Rivens should stay...so your argument is moot.

Its just weird having constant complaints about DE no listening to players. But if they really did everything they ask, debacles like this one would happen. And then they would come back to saying they are ignoring us...so they cant win either way

Pets.

I just want to know about god damned pets. Yes, the fellow who's spearheading it hasn't been there for the last 2-3 devstreams but every time we ask in chat they shrug off the question because he's not present. I just want to know what changes are coming for pet and when we can expect them.

19 minutes ago, Travis05 said:

Its just weird having constant complaints about DE no listening to players. But if they really did everything they ask, debacles like this one would happen. And then they would come back to saying they are ignoring us...so they cant win either way

Nobody’s expecting them to listen to the community 100% that’s impossible but you have to think about things like rivens etc how would they possibly remove them from the game and compensate the literal trillions + of kuva spent and rivens currently in flow? What would kuva be used for. Why remove it outside of people not using the market and allowing the market to be inflated in a free market 

3 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Provide evidence of such just as I asked our kind brother above

Look at the very first page of the forums, I mean the info is there for you in the right hand collumn. Then you do a wee little math.

That math comes down to roughly 10% of the total registered users have ever visited the forums. That itself is a minority, then you need to consider how many of those 10% are the vocal minority i.e the complainers, which makes the pool that they shouldnt listen to even smaller.

Why ask for proof when you have it at hand already with roughly 10 seconds or less of work?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

I feel like Steve has acknowledged that these last few updates weren’t as successful as they could have been. I remember him saying that they put another game inside their game and are paying the price for it.

He actually said they paid the price for putting unfinished pieces of content into the game, not that they paid it because they put another game inside their game. He was refering to the state the latest game modes have been in. Though we knew it ahead of time with RJ which they specifically stated would have bugs and would not be complete. The question is just if they will complete it or not.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Look at the very first page of the forums, I mean the info is there for you in the right hand collumn. Then you do a wee little math.

That math comes down to roughly 10% of the total registered users have ever visited the forums. That itself is a minority, then you need to consider how many of those 10% are the vocal minority i.e the complainers, which makes the pool that they shouldnt listen to even smaller.

Why ask for proof when you have it at hand already with roughly 10 seconds or less of work?

The forums are a vocal minority in itself but if your taking into consideration the reddit and YouTube as well as twitch it’s a much larger portion of “complainers” rn. Which still isn’t valid. Please provide the empirical data

Fix the Railjack Economy so when a MK1-2 weapon drops I don't "Yay more useless Dirac" due to the obnoxious repair costs.

Make Titanium drop at roughly double the speed it currently does.

Fix Archwing for Empyrean so we aren't shooting nerf guns, also make Archmelee usable again or delete it from the game, anything but leaving it in its current state.

...No really that's my top 3 biggest issues right now.

Nothing else in the game has magically gotten worse for me over the past 3 months like others.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The forums are a vocal minority in itself but if your taking into consideration the reddit and YouTube as well as twitch it’s a much larger portion of “complainers” rn. Which still isn’t valid. Please provide the empirical data

It's still the same people so the 10% of forum minority doesnt change. You dont magically turn into an extra person if you post here and then on reddit or the other way around, or if you go make a video instead of posting. It is less than 10% out of the total playerbase since 10% is the forum minority and out of those 10% you have a split between negatives and positives, and even in the negatives you have a split between mindless complaining and critical feedback.

edit: Also, even if part of those that reddit post or make YT video arent part of the 10% registered on these forums you'd need a massive amount (several thousands of each) to have any impact on that number. And no, there arent several thousands of threads or YT videos being created. So you are maybe looking at 10.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% instead of 10%.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 4

We need action. Action speaks louder than words. Them discussing the topic is one thing, but if they don’t act on their words and push everything under the rug again then I’m honestly done with this game. Which sucks, but the honest truth.

I just want to hear them say that updates won't be as messed up or just buggy as the last 3 major updates. I'm tired of feeling worried about every piece of new content that looks cool under performing or just not meeting my expectations.