Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE nerfing Railjack maneuverability?

Vit0Corleone

If there's one thing I really like about using Railjack is they way it moves.

Zipping through space, boosting, drifting at high speeds feels great currently with the appropriate intrinsics/engines.

Judging from what they showed on the doc on the Devstream, seems like they are going to substantially nerf that and opt for more base speed instead...

I hope they reconsider ..  this to me feels like nerfing your bullet/double jump & parkur and adding more sprint speed instead on our warframes ..

Thoughts?

Note: Yea, I know it's too soon to have any idea what will be the result, just going by the notes they showed.

Edit: What was showed on the document they are working on:

- Doubled the RJ base speed

- Lowered boost speed by 75%

- Increased boost speed cost of dodge

- Increased boost drain ( from 8 to 15 )

Edited by Vit0Corleone
Changed topic not to raise unnecessary panic; added details showed on stream
  • Like 2

They're doubling base speed so in theory it should be neutral at the high end of players (since your final topspeed with boost is affected by your base speed)

but more importantly make speeds for those beginners to railjack who don't have kitted out ships be a bit better.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

if they increase the base speed (and don't severely lower boost speed), boost and drift should go up even higher since they are a multiplier of the base speed.

Just now, Obviousclone said:

They're doubling base speed so in theory it should be neutral at the high end of players (since your final topspeed with boost is affected by your base speed)

but more importantly make speeds for those beginners to railjack who don't have kitted out ships be a bit better.

Yes, but it said on the doc that they will substantially increase the "stamina" cost, which probably will kill the current play style where we boost and drift around more or less freely, moving more to a play style where those maneuvers are used much less used because of the stamina cost.

7 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Yes, but it said on the doc that they will substantially increase the "stamina" cost, which probably will kill the current play style where we boost and drift around more or less freely, moving more to a play style where those maneuvers are used much less used because of the stamina cost.

the stamina cost is already really low. and if they increase speed by 100% but stamina by 25% that still sounds worth it to me.

Just now, HoustonDragon said:

Actually, I'm okay with this since the base speed is generally terrible without boosting. There should be a little more balance especially if people are using the standard engines.

Agreed, the base speed is bad especially when starting and desperately needs a buff.

But hopefully not at the expense of the maneuverability we currently have.

If, say, they make the base speed 20% faster, but nerf boost/drift to the point that it's no longer usable as it currently is, this will be a bad change IMHO.

14 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

If there's one thing I really like about using Railjack is they way it moves.

Zipping through space, boosting, drifting at high speeds feels great currently with the appropriate intrinsics/engines.

Judging from what they showed on the doc on the Devstream, seems like they are going to substantially nerf that and opt for more base speed instead...

I hope they reconsider ..  this to me feels like nerfing your bullet/double jump & parkur and adding more sprint speed instead on our warframes ..

Thoughts?

Note: Yea, I know it's too soon to have any idea what will be the result, just going by the notes they showed.

100% agree with you. I love the way Railjacks boost-glide around a center point etc... Movement is ONE THING RAILJACK GOT RIGHT!

• Like 2

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Circle_of_Psi:

What. what are you talking about?

Hi there^^
Since nobody posted it here until now, here you go:
796668c21e.png
This list was shown during the current Devstream. Upcoming Changes regarding Railjack.
Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fabpsi said:

Hi there^^
Since nobody posted it here until now, here you go:
796668c21e.png
This list was shown during the current Devstream. Upcoming Changes regarding Railjack.
Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

"Halved Empyrean on-foot health"

"Removed scale damage controllers"

THANK YOU.

For context, before, Gokstad Officers at Saturn (not even the Veil, Saturn) had the highest effective hitpoints of anything in the entire game. Including bosses. By a substantial amount. By which I mean, the final phase of a Hydrolyst. Even if we assume each of the Synovia's have 1/6 of this health (hence the amount of damage it takes per destroyed limb) these regular mooks were walking around not only with more health than an ancient Zombie Sentient, but also the spaceship they're flying on.

Granted, they're still going to be tanky, but hopefully, not quite as hilariously over-tanky as they were before.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fabpsi said:

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

The 75% boost reduction is a little daunting, but will have to see compared to the rest of the gameplay. I like the idea of the armor and shields actually being more useful than simply number counters right now, and especially randomizing the Exterminate numbers from just the static 60-90 mobs each time. Being able to pew pew pew ships directly with our Archwing weapons will also be nice, especially if you do have a crew involved.

Wish we could get a little more clarification on what the eventual Command branch will be, though.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Don't stir a panic. Use a better title and be mature about it and ask for the proper information lol.

Not sure exactly, how am I conveying panic?

In any case I removed the word "seriously" from the topic, hope that helps.

• Like 2

Speed of railjacks is too high globally to be able to actually use the side guns effectly in typical lag environments.

Even with the r10 gunnery perk the game cant compesate. Even photors tend to miss when a railjack is boosting.

This does look like a nerf to boosting based on the stats lol.. but dammed if its not a pain to aim guns while a rj is boosting

If it's a nerf it's a very slight nerf.  Boost speed is highly dependent on base speed, and in regards to those changes it's actually a buff because you spend more time at base speed than boosting (and drift further multiplies the effect).  The nerf is to the drain and dodge (anyone actually use dodge?), and that's a bit of a meh change, it'll mostly affect long range drifting.  So at worse case scenario, looks like a wash. 

• Like 1

OP might be right, while the increased speed is doubled, the increased stamina drain and reduction of boost speed by 75% is a little concerning.

Especially given that some of the engine roles you get. I have a Vidar MK3 engine with the current additional speed of 49(m/s) but with higher end boost speed. For a vidar MK3 engine this is a fairly middling engine speed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

If it's a nerf it's a very slight nerf.  Boost speed is highly dependent on base speed, and in regards to those changes it's actually a buff because you spend more time at base speed than boosting (and drift further multiplies the effect).  The nerf is to the drain and dodge (anyone actually use dodge?), and that's a bit of a meh change, it'll mostly affect long range drifting.  So at worse case scenario, looks like a wash. 

I hope you're right, but that's not the impression I got.

I'm constantly boosting/drifting, that's basically what I use to move around efficiently.

A 75% reduction on boost speed coupled with an increase on drain cost, sounds to me that using this maneuvers will be very limited and you will have to rely mostly on your base speed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I hope you're right, but that's not the impression I got.

I'm constantly boosting/drifting, that's basically what I use to move around efficiently.

A 75% reduction on boost speed coupled with an increase on drain cost, sounds to me that using this maneuvers will be very limited and you will have to rely mostly on your base speed.

The the overall boost speed will actually be faster though, you just won't be able to use it as often.

61 * 2  = 122 Boost Speed; these are the base stats of a RJ according to Wiki.  So the changes will be: 122 * 1.25 = 152.50 Boost Speed, an overall increase of 20% to your boost speed afterwards.  The drain cost change is quite drastic though, how that'll affect overall performance...can't say for sure now.  But one thing to look at is that your base speed will now be what your boost speed was!  So think of it as ALWAYS flying around with boost active.  ...thinking of it that way Drain cost increase seems more reasonable.

EDIT: I take it back, this is a significant buff overall.

Edited by (XB1)Calliber
  • Like 2

It looks like a good change overall though I wonder how it'll affect the drift boost. Specifically if it'll be less useful due to the increased boost cost or if it just won't be necessary at all to get to far off objectives.

Also worth noting the base speed increase should make resource gathering a LOT better. Especially since transfer upgrading is being added all resources are going to be incredibly valuable now.

5 minutes ago, trst said:

Also worth noting the base speed increase should make resource gathering a LOT better. Especially since transfer upgrading is being added all resources are going to be incredibly valuable now.

To be fair there are far easier ways to make resource gathering a LOT better... the most simple one is to just give us all the mods/parts (still need to pick up resources) that drop automatically rather than needing to pick them up.  With the changes to navigation (can't remember them being changed back) anyone can force us to leave a map, even if you're trying to get to that last mod/part that had dropped 'far away', meaning you could miss out on a decent drop etc.