Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback/Discussion on the deluxe skins shown on devstream

GPrime96

1 minute ago, Hawk1911 said:

The head - neck to body size ratio is still way out of proportion even in that picture.

It was a wierd skin to begin with. The proportions just make it worse. At least her cat still looks good.

But since she has 2 solid skins this probably won't sell well.

Just like equinox deluxe being pretty awful to.  And garuda deluxe is meh to.

But since most frames have many skins now. We have choices.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hmm 🤔 If I’m understanding this correctly, you’ve made observations regarding the different sizes between concept and model of Khora’s flowers and how she looks pregnant to you.

I stumbled a little on this next part; You’ve also stated that... er, something about complicated skins for Ash deluxe, Nezha deluxe, and Nidus deluxe? Is there some sort of implied statement that Khora isn’t complicated enough...? Apparently DE can work exactly from concept art in Nidus deluxe’s case.

Then you compare Ash’s rigged in-game model to the complex static model (most likely made in Z-brush) and say that the in-game textures don’t match with the Z-brush model, and that the head is too big on the in-game model (It does look a little bigger than standard proportions, though in my case where I know something about the process, I’m wondering what the reason was for doing that)

Looking through these laid-out pieces of the puzzle that is your post, I believe I understand the point being made, but I think it’s best if you spell it out for me. I would like to ensure that there’s a minimum of misunderstanding. My interpretation of what you’ve said might not be to your liking, and would rather know in no uncertain terms what you meant.

Ok sorry for bad English, but sometimes they can make skins that look exactly like its from concept art.  But sometimes its like they are rushing or its some 1 else less experience is creating this skins... For example in art neck size look normal, and in 3d looks skinny. So that cant bee some big problem for 3D artists to create. Also if you remember when we god Mesa prime ass whose flat and now shape is more for female then it whose before. But for textures on hood are much better from Ash hood then its from first 3D art that we seen that whose look like kubrow egg. But in that same Ash first 3D art concept, his body shape whode much better with hood shape and it whose looking more proportion and normal then what we have now in the final fix. And for other skins textures maybe it's whose just about lighting but all in the end i hope you see better my point 😏👍🍻

Edited by Vlada91

On 2020-05-08 at 8:54 PM, (PS4)PoKerZ2017 said:

I want to say this as politely as possible but wow they're just awfull. What is that Khora skin? Do people like these? 

I find myself saying that about most deluxe skins tbh. It's like DE actively want players to get tenogen skins 

ponder denzel washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

I find myself saying that about most deluxe skins tbh. It's like DE actively want players to get tenogen skins 

ponder denzel washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

Personally about half the deluxe skins (some with tennogen helms) are really nice.  But then we got the failures like khora, garuda, and equinox. 

All subjective though.

Please change it before releasing, I really want to buy her skin, but in this current WIP stage make me dont want to buy her 😞

As you can see Khora model proportions are pretty faraway from her source materials Which is not good, here some pic i found on reddit and twitter

EXrM6AqXQAYFD7y?format=jpg&name=medium

Her chest flower is too big and on the right side reduce to one single rose,  which don't supposed to be a rose. And her shoulder aloe seem to be gone too

Her obi is too small which make her belly looks very big or  wearing pants, not so good

97068030_3037016326393863_35930113702887

Here is mine quick edit to make her more true to her so  source materials from LIGER  

-Smaller hair bun

-Longer face

-Shorter neck

- Add the original succulent plants    to the shoulder and her chest

- Bigger obi,   which make her belly looks smaller

-Hip plants should be bigger and longer to her knees , will maker her belly and waist look smaller and better proportion too

Edited by Crowarian
Fixing words
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Crowarian said:

I really want to buy her skin, but in this current WIP stage make me dont want to buy her

Can you please change your name? I really wanted to add you as a friend but I don't like your name.

That's how you sound.

And I'm not here to discuss if I like the Skin or not. But you are actually complaining about an artists work for which they took several hours of time. If you don't like it (anymore) don't buy it. Easy as that. You don't have to like everything nor are you supposed to. There are many Skins I was hyped about and then turned out meh. And guess what: I didn't run to the forums. I just didn't buy it.

5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Can you please change your name? I really wanted to add you as a friend but I don't like your name.

That's how you sound.

And I'm not here to discuss if I like the Skin or not. But you are actually complaining about an artists work for which they took several hours of time. If you don't like it (anymore) don't buy it. Easy as that. You don't have to like everything nor are you supposed to. There are many Skins I was hyped about and then turned out meh. And guess what: I didn't run to the forums. I just didn't buy it.

Well it would be kind of disrespect to the artist who the concept artist. i love liger's art so much that's why i want his design come out to be perfect and make everyone fell in love with this skin.

As an artist myself i want other artist's product to come out as good as they designed as possible.  

How would you feel that you made a masterpiece art and then when it came out as product,Every joking on her and make fun that she look like she's pregnant or wearing granny pants?
That's sad

And I would said this is a "Suggestion" because this skin is still developing, That's why i put my effort to make some editing and suggestions into this. There still a time to fix her before releasing. Beside i don't even change anything from her concept art.  I just want the best of this skin because i love the concept art so much. 

• Like 3

There has to be reasons as to why they changed it. Just because you don't like the "pregnant/granny" style doesn't mean everyone thinks this way.

You say you are an artist yourself. You cannot tell me you like it if some stranger comes around critizising your design choices after you changed them "for the better" in your opinion

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

There has to be reasons as to why they changed it. Just because you don't like the "pregnant/granny" style doesn't mean everyone thinks this way.

You say you are an artist yourself. You cannot tell me you like it if some stranger comes around critizising your design choices after you changed them "for the better" in your opinion

As i saw comments around twitter, youtube, reddit. ALOT of people don't like that , Please see those comment for yourself .

And Yes i  accept criticism for my art,  so i can develop my skill and stuff. if i have too much ego on my art and say everything i drew is super good(even it's bad) in the end nobody gonna commission me at all. 

So basically how part of this forum work too, when people saw bugs or stuff that went wrong, they report to the stuff to fix them and make the game better
Or Phone company, People want more high resolution camera,  they make camera that have higher resolution cameras, people buy they phone even more!!! -->  Grofit!!!!

• Like 5

Well I guess we disagree.

4 minutes ago, Crowarian said:

As i saw comments around twitter, youtube, reddit. ALOT of people don't like that , Please see those comment for yourself .

Nah. Just found this thread, so I'd wanted to say my opinion. And I also don't care if 99.9% dislike the Skin. Like said, this isn't why I'm here.

But just changing design choices because other people dislike them discredits the artist. It isn't their work anymore. It is then just made to please the mass.

I repeat: there were reason why they changed it - for the good or the bad.

And it's not like gamedesign choices where I am forced to use it. It is a mere Skin

2 minutes ago, Crowarian said:

But that's how the market and marketing work........

Because people would pay for that

• Nidus Phryke
  • Valkyr Gersemi
  • Mesa Presidio
  • Nova Asuri
  • Octavia Maestra
  • Equinox Vermillion
  • Frost Harka
  • Limbo Limina

all these Skins suck yet DE released them.

You like them? Well...opinion.

12 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:
  • Nidus Phryke
  • Valkyr Gersemi
  • Mesa Presidio
  • Nova Asuri
  • Octavia Maestra
  • Equinox Vermillion
  • Frost Harka
  • Limbo Limina

EVERYONE LOVE NIDUS PHRYKE skin!!!!

Aren't that's why liger got many creative idea in to this game?

hmmmmmmm

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

There has to be reasons as to why they changed it.

as a person who has done 3D modeling before I would like to mention that the only reason for them to change the proportions of the skin would be if the skeleton did not agree with it and unless for some reason they decided to use the special skeleton they made for Grendel this should not be an issue

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

But you are actually complaining about an artists work for which they took several hours of time.

the point OP is trying to make is that the models have not been up to the artists work

1 hour ago, GnarlsDarkley said:
  • Nidus Phryke
  • Valkyr Gersemi
  • Mesa Presidio
  • Nova Asuri
  • Octavia Maestra
  • Equinox Vermillion
  • Frost Harka
  • Limbo Limina

do you realize how dumb it is to force your opinion on somebody only to tell them their post is irrelevant due to it being an opinion?

• Like 6

@Crowarian I second your request. Current WIP model doesn't represent accurately concept that was presented and as much as concept is truly amazing, I'd love for actual model to match it's quality.

@GnarlsDarkley - Issue here isn't a skin itself. If you refer to other skins released they were pretty much an accurate representation of previously shared concepts. So discussion here isn't about personal taste per se, it is rather conversation about dissociation between presented art and it's execution on a model. As far as opinions go, they don't matter much in a face of just high inaccuracy between mentioned items. If you want a real life example, just think of a difference between representation of food in marketing and actual products.

Edited by Wawus
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Crowarian said:

As you can see Khora model proportions are pretty faraway from her source materials Which is not good, here some pic i found on reddit and twitter

The devstream showed the skin with the wrong rig for some reason, it won't look like that on release. Elyse has been sharing animations on Twitter and the proportions were far better.

So yeah, remember Devstream stuff is WIP and can break, and you shouldn't always judge it as it was a final pass.

Edited by NightmareT12

7 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

The devstream showed the skin with the wrong rig for some reason, it won't look like that on release. Elyse has been sharing animations on Twitter and the proportions were far better.

So yeah, remember Devstream stuff is WIP and can break, and you shouldn't always judge it as it was a final pass.

My second pic , that one i edited was from the animator twitter,  that's why

Hopefully they have further updates upcoming soon

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Crowarian said:

My second pic , that one i edited was from the animator twitter,  that's why

Hopefully they have further updates upcoming soon

My bad I just went with the first.

I imagine there's a reason they didn't add the extra rose, but until they explain it, all I can say is I agree 😛

Edited by NightmareT12

17 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Personally about half the deluxe skins (some with tennogen helms) are really nice.  But then we got the failures like khora, garuda, and equinox. 

All subjective though.

True

To my understanding, the situation with the shoulder plant was because it obscured the crosshair when using ads. If they decided that a small one looked weird and tried to make a bigger one, it might have obscured the crosshair and looked weird being moved out of the way. They did this on the Dynasty skin for Chroma when aiming down sights and I can't imagine it looked very good squashing an aloe plant down. So maybe they thought that the choice between having it look weird or getting in the way wasn't worth it and they decided to remove it.

I think it would look better WITH it and they should explain why it isn't there but from what I've gathered it has something to do with it getting in the way.

3 hours ago, flamerax said:

To my understanding, the situation with the shoulder plant was because it obscured the crosshair when using ads. If they decided that a small one looked weird and tried to make a bigger one, it might have obscured the crosshair and looked weird being moved out of the way. They did this on the Dynasty skin for Chroma when aiming down sights and I can't imagine it looked very good squashing an aloe plant down. So maybe they thought that the choice between having it look weird or getting in the way wasn't worth it and they decided to remove it.

I think it would look better WITH it and they should explain why it isn't there but from what I've gathered it has something to do with it getting in the way.

Making them "invisible" while aiming is a good choice too

While Chroma Dynasty's shoulder and Naberus shoulder got rotated and bended

Imugi prime shoulder tuned invisible!

• Like 1