Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback/Discussion on the deluxe skins shown on devstream

GPrime96

22 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I've got so many questions. Why is Ash, a frame not many people use cuz bad kit getting a SECOND deluxe (when he already had a very good one) and others like Mirage still don't have one? Also invisibility. And don't get me started on the designs i'm sure most in here have covered that already...yea someone's trash might be someone else's treasure. But let's be real here, why spend time making something in the game that barely anyone would welcome? I thought that if you bring something into the game, you expect to earn money for it or are we getting them for free?

I'm not even salty because whatever i don't need to buy them but i'm just absolutely baffled and have zero understanding for this.

I find this an interesting sentiment regarding the monetary value of this addition. If I’m understanding this post correctly, you believe they’re introducing a skin that won’t earn them profit.

🤔 If that’s the case, could this be considered an indicator that they’re sometimes motivated by something other than profit?

• Like 2

Garuda Deluxe looks fine, and she was just as attenuated in the concept art to keep that needly-thin insect look, I think it looks cool. Let her be a spooky narrow girl. 

Khora Deluxe, on the other hand... Speaking as someone subscribed to Liger Inuzuka on ArtStation, his concept did not look... ...like that.

Her proportions are all off. The shoulders look dislocated, the neck is both over-long and seems to thicken toward her head instead of vice versa, there's the inexplicable beer-gut that, again, was never remotely at any point in Liger's design; and she's effectively got no joint definition in the lower body. 

Liger's concept had clear knees, hips, and calves. The test-render Khora Deluxe looks more like she's that concept artwork's alcoholic cousin; a mean and paranoid woman who beats her children, lives in a Corpus camper van, and walks about on two ridged but floppy noodles.

• Like 3

Yeah ,

It looks .... odd to me.

Ash looks very ... anorexic? thin? desiccated? maybe Inaros would have a been a better match?

And Khora looks like something out of a D grade monster movie, i am hoping someone screwed up the import and that is not the final piece ,

i will personally not be buying khora if it looks like that in the end.

Garuda .... may have appeal for some people , just not me.

• Like 2

I have concerns about Khora deluxe. I think her neck is a bit too long. Her belly looks weird, it doesn't respect the proportion of normal Khora (it's too "fat"). This may be because of the custom animation set that she had during the dev stream. I hope DE will fix this/take our feedback into account.

Her shoulders look a little bit... barren? I guess that's here to emulate the naked shoulders of a geisha, but that doesn't help the LONG neck problem.

• Like 5

Haha, DE need to see all this because 90% of you are right.😏 They did rushed in to this because home work or what not. First timw on tennocon that wee seen them there whose much better looking then they are now. And even then maybe not that special, i think they need time to fix them all because this whose lost chance for something good. For example better texture on some parts. And body shapes on all 3 deluxe look ridiculous.... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Qr2G9a9.jpg?1

After i saw this Skin the first time, i hope at a later time the Skin would stay with the original structure since the sticc part makes Garuda not as, sexy i guess. But the result didn't turn out the way i wanted to be because the Skin stayed with the same design. I like the extra edginess they added to Garuda but the sticcness would be my concern on buying this Skin since her Tennogen follows the same structure (like the Successor and Tiamat Skin). This is also from someone who loves Garuda to death, has been my main for over a Year straight.

Same here. I am going to reserve my ultimate opinion until I actually see her in game, but first impressions didn't sit well for me.

And I too have been running Garuda exclusively for almost a year, and I think both her tennogen skins are great. Hopefully her deluxe skin looks much better when colored, because they demoed it in a bright captura mode with bright, pastel colors on her. Here's to hoping it looks better when deployed.

Regardless, I know I'll be buying it. I just hope I don't relegate it behind her tennogen skins.

• Like 3

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Annnoth:

I'm personally fine with the garuda skin. I prefer having a wide variety of body types in warframe for both extremes, so I'm happy with having a deluxe that looks borderline off proportion with how skinny it is. If I want to look at something pretty there's plenty of other options, including ones already on garuda, so going a completely different route is really nice.

Edit: I will say looking back, I kind of hope it comes with a new animation set. Mostly because garuda's noble animation was designed to accentuate her figure and the patterns on her wasit/legs. The same animation with MUCH more narrow legs, it definitely looks off. With the skin it actually looks more believable she'd be standing with her legs straight more so than if they were crossed like the actual pose has it.

unknown.png

NW7okGb.jpg

So would we be fine then with a Grendel deluxe skin that turnes him skinny, too, because "we like different body proportions". Yes, we have Warframes with different body proportions and that's great (and makes sense for spoilery reasons). But what they did to Garuda is not give her "a different body" aka "that's what a person might look like". At least, I hope nobody thinks that looking like that - a skeleton, a stick figure - is anything but unhealthy and just plain ugly. 

Also, again: Have you seen that skin in motion? The face Rebb makes while moving around in that skin is exactly the face I was making when I saw that skin for the first time. It's horrendous and quite frankly looks just plain stupid. No custom animation set will fix that they turned her into a SKELETON. Nekros has thicker thighs and arms than Garuda with that skin, for crying out loud! 😫

Instead, what they should do, is give her legs and her arms and her chest a little bit more form so the whole thing looks good in general and in motion. Make it a super slim, thin Garuda skin, okay, but get away from the skeleton, PLEASE! I want to give you money DE for my favorite frame but it's like you say "nah, fam, I am good" to me, right now. And that just baffles me. 

Edited by AndrejDelaney
added words
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AndrejDelaney said:

So would we be fine then with a Grendel deluxe skin that turnes him skinny, too, because "we like different body proportions". Yes, we have Warframes with different body proportions and that's great (and makes sense for spoilery reasons). But what they did to Garuda is not give her "a different body" aka "that's what a person might look like". At least, I hope nobody thinks that looking like that - a skeleton, a stick figure - is anything but unhealthy and just plain ugly. 

Also, again: Have you seen that skin in motion? The face Rebb makes while moving around in that skin is exactly the face I was making when I saw that skin for the first time. It's horrendous and quite frankly looks just plain stupid. No custom animation set will fix that they turned her into a SKELETON. Nekros has thicker thighs than Garuda with that skin, for crying out loud! 😫

Instead, what they should do, is give her legs and her arms and her chest a little bit more form so the whole thing looks good in general and in motion. Make it a super slim, thin Garuda skin, okay, but get away from the skeleton, PLEASE! I want to give you money DE for my favorite frame but it's like you say "nah, fam, I am good" to me, right now. And that just baffles me. 

Uh... settle down a bit there. I feel like you're getting way too heated about an opinion on one of the most subjective topics, art. You seriously overestimated my actual reaction.

Ignoring your hyperbole, yes if they decided to make a thinner grendel I see little reason to not be interested in what kind of radical take the artists would have for him. To me that's the point of the deluxe skins, to try weird stuff that would never be done by tennogen/immortal skin and the like with some attempt to fit the theme of the frame or give the theme a new frame of reference. I won't petition for a change in body type, but if that's what the artist wants to go for then I'm all for it because sometimes certain body parts help bring out the best in a design more than others.

On the same side of that coin, if they just made her a bit more plump I wouldn't really care either. They still change plenty about her that I I still like, it's not like I'm literally holding onto my opinion that "it's good cause it's skinny" like my life depended on it. I think it helps the look stand out but it's not integral. Her thickness or lack thereof is the biggest takeaway everyone had so I focused on that too.

On your point of things looking unhealthy and ugly, that's an important thing to note... Just because you don't look beautiful/pretty/sexy, doesn't mean you can't look cool. There are even examples in this very game, grineer heavy gunners behind horribly deformed and amputated figures. There's enjoyment to be found in things looking off or ugly on purpose, especially with a warframe centered around tearing enemies (and even herself) apart and turning the very life force of enemies into your own protection and healing. There's plenty of room to take that theme and make it look off/unsettling/ugly/etc.

Also yes, I have seen the skin in motion. I do see what you're saying with the walking looking weird with how skinny she is but I will temper that by saying they did strip her of weapons, and that weaponless walk cycle has never been the most appealing thing on a lot of frames either. I'll reserve my judgement for when I'm using it with a weapon in hand, sprinting, and bullet jumping around. That is a concern and a legitimate potential problem, but everything else is highly subjective.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb Annnoth:

Uh... settle down a bit there. I feel like you're getting way too heated about an opinion on one of the most subjective topics, art. You seriously overestimated my actual reaction.

Sorry, if I came off as heated. I was actually super calm writing that, I promise. 😆 I am just passionate about things, I guess, which might come off as being offended, especially in writing.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Annnoth:

On your point of things looking unhealthy and ugly, that's an important thing to note... Just because you don't look beautiful/pretty/sexy, doesn't mean you can't look cool. There are even examples in this very game, grineer heavy gunners behind horribly deformed and amputated figures. There's enjoyment to be found in things looking off or ugly on purpose, especially with a warframe centered around tearing enemies (and even herself) apart and turning the very life force of enemies into your own protection and healing. There's plenty of room to take that theme and make it look off/unsettling/ugly/etc.

Except there is a reason why Grineer look the way they are. And - without posting spoilers - there is a reason why Warframes should look ... prettier or more idealistic aesthetically than anyone else, too. Apart from the fact that (like I posted countless times) it makes no sense to turn Garuda into a blood-starved husk if her whole kit is about using the blood of her enemies and even her own blood/lifepool to empower herself. How is that supposed to work if she is nothing but skin and bone?

If you want to see something unsettling but also cool and good and undoubtedly still "Garuda-looking" look no further than the most recent Tennogen skin for her, the Tiamat skin. That one is also very different to her usual style - and is absolutely awesome, in my opinion. Weird how that goes. 

Fact of the matter is: Just because something looks "different" doesn't mean it's automatically "good".

Without getting too political all of a sudden but maybe I just gotten allergic to taking something previously visually appealing and uglying it up, stripping it off everything that made it ... you know, pretty in the first place. It's become all too common these days (especially with the female form). Not that I am accusing anyone (not DE, not the artist) of doing that in this case, hell no ... I am just rambling at this point, trying to self-reflect. Maybe I am overreacting. Or too passionate. Don't mind me. 😅

• Like 1

Just a note, after watching the stream khora is not pregnant its just her default stance is very awkward she bends backwards a lot and the flaps behind make it look like her back is straight thus creating the belly effect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndrejDelaney said:

Sorry, if I came off as heated. I was actually super calm writing that, I promise. 😆 I am just passionate about things, I guess, which might come off as being offended, especially in writing.

Except there is a reason why Grineer look the way they are. And - without posting spoilers - there is a reason why Warframes should look ... prettier or more idealistic aesthetically than anyone else, too. Apart from the fact that (like I posted countless times) it makes no sense to turn Garuda into a blood-starved husk if her whole kit is about using the blood of her enemies and even her own blood/lifepool to empower herself. How is that supposed to work if she is nothing but skin and bone?

If you want to see something unsettling but also cool and good and undoubtedly still "Garuda-looking" look no further than the most recent Tennogen skin for her, the Tiamat skin. That one is also very different to her usual style - and is absolutely awesome, in my opinion. Weird how that goes. 

Fact of the matter is: Just because something looks "different" doesn't mean it's automatically "good".

Without getting too political all of a sudden but maybe I just gotten allergic to taking something previously visually appealing and uglying it up, stripping it off everything that made it ... you know, pretty in the first place. It's become all too common these days (especially with the female form). Not that I am accusing anyone (not DE, not the artist) of doing that in this case, hell no ... I am just rambling at this point, trying to self-reflect. Maybe I am overreacting. Or too passionate. Don't mind me. 😅

The reason the starved look could make sense is because it represents her thirst and willingness to sacrifice everything. While she draws blood from enemies she also uses it to empower herself by boosting her energy and the closer she is to dying the more damage she deals. That willingness to put yourself on deaths door and pretty much bleed yourself until you're an anemic husk despite being able to steal other creatures blood is represented fairly well IMO.

The example of grinner was just used to state that I feel ugly can also be cool, but going off that I don't really see a lore reason why warframes can't be ugly too. Granted, I don't have the best understanding of the lore because warframe loves pretty much talking in riddles half the time but I know enough to assume that it makes sense for them to be structured the way they are, but it didn't excuse the ability for them to look disfigured. Like for example, nekros prime running around with a weird simulated exposed intestinal system. Or grendel as a whole. I don't know the orokin but to me it seems more practical to be a bit more... light. So grendel leads me to believe the warframe can shape the look maybe? I dunno. I can't say I was ever bothered too much about how lore affects the way something can look, mostly that something looks cool.

I guess the only thing I'll say to that is harrow reliquary. Just that whole skin lol. It kind of seems to throw away the concept of what warframes are majorly unless i'm missing something, so that leads me to believe deluxe skins might not exactly be "canon" so to speak.

I'll agree the tiamat skin is amazing, I've been rocking it pretty hard lately, but it still has it's own limitations by being forced to use garudas model. While I love it, I wouldn't mind going a step further. That's why I like deluxe skins being able to diverge so heavily from the base warframe. 

As for 'Just because something looks "different" doesn't mean it's automatically "good".', that was never the point of what I said. I focused on that because her build was the most contentious point in the thread so I figured I'd address my own opinions on why I like it. I like the design and I do believe it's enhanced by her physique, it's not just because she's "different". I'm not glued to that opinion that I'll be upset if it changed, but I still hold it.

I don't even think it's an issue of poltiics personally. it's just that... we already have several examples of an existing thing looks pretty, so why not break the mould a bit? An artist following their own inspiration is largely why we have things like the deluxe skins being really out of order (and ash getting 2) and protea having 2 alt helmets on launch instead of 1. I can see it being disappointing that it basically takes up a space for what could have been a more desired skin, I definitely felt it several times before, but it at least doesn't retroactively taint garuda.

If half the stuff I say doesn't make sense then I blame the fact that i haven't slept right in a week lol.

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 2

How do people get the Khora delux to look preggo?

It just looks like she wears a catsuit-stockings-leggings fusion inspired by a 50's style skirt+belt or pants+belt combination. The whole skin just makes me think of a WF-infused rockabilly pinup thing with all the flowers and stuff.

5 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

Same here. I am going to reserve my ultimate opinion until I actually see her in game, but first impressions didn't sit well for me.

And I too have been running Garuda exclusively for almost a year, and I think both her tennogen skins are great. Hopefully her deluxe skin looks much better when colored, because they demoed it in a bright captura mode with bright, pastel colors on her. Here's to hoping it looks better when deployed.

Regardless, I know I'll be buying it. I just hope I don't relegate it behind her tennogen skins.

Hoping she comes with Profile Pictures that works in the Forums, the one i’m using in game isn’t working still.

Ash's delux problem is that it's head too big, make him look thin and weak. They could shrink his head a little and wider his shoulder a bit.

Garuda's delux is 100% of her delux concept art. So there isn't much anyone can do. I would say they did a pretty good job, it's just not for my taste.

Khora's delux I think it's the camera angle and new stance that make her look pregnant and disproportion. But I wonder if her thighs are too thick, I mean in the concept art it's the flower that make her legs look thick, but in game her legs are thick on their own, and flowers make them look even thicker to a disproportionate level. I don't know about the belly tho, could be skeleton issues, maybe it doesn't look so big on her regular stance. All I can see is not many ppl like big belly Khora lol.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Annnoth:

The reason the starved look could make sense is because it represents her thirst and willingness to sacrifice everything. While she draws blood from enemies she also uses it to empower herself by boosting her energy and the closer she is to dying the more damage she deals. That willingness to put yourself on deaths door and pretty much bleed yourself until you're an anemic husk despite being able to steal other creatures blood is represented fairly well IMO.

You know, while I do like this explanation I feel like the skin is then missing a very important "detail": The skin should change its appearance constantly. The skeletal look should only be present when you are basically running around with 2 hp, husk-like, skin and bones, devoid of blood, right at death's door. Using your blood altar, consuming the blood of your enemies, filling you up with life force so to speak, on the other hand, should give you the typical curvy, healthy, strong Garuda look. Only having the skeletal look just doesn't sell strength or power to me. It's missing something.

I guess the only thing I'll say to that is harrow reliquary. Just that whole skin lol. It kind of seems to throw away the concept of what warframes are majorly unless i'm missing something, so that leads me to believe deluxe skins might not exactly be "canon" so to speak.

It still looks undoubtedly like Harrow though and looks freaking amazing on top of that.

I'll agree the tiamat skin is amazing, I've been rocking it pretty hard lately, but it still has it's own limitations by being forced to use garudas model. While I love it, I wouldn't mind going a step further. That's why I like deluxe skins being able to diverge so heavily from the base warframe. 

There is also something like too much or too far in art. How far would you go and how far can you go until it's not Garuda anymore but just a different frame with the same abilities like Garuda? 

I like the design and I do believe it's enhanced by her physique, it's not just because she's "different". I'm not glued to that opinion that I'll be upset if it changed, but I still hold it.

I guess we have to agree to disagree here. Which is totally fine. 😊

I am also willing to wait and see how it looks ingame, infront of me ... But, man, it looks just plain bad in motion and that's what's going to kill it, I feel, on top of the already (imo) controversial design. Which would make the whole endeavour just a huge waste of time. Which is so, so, so unfortunate! The details on that skin look stunning but why did it have to be ... like this? I don't know, it's like watching a close to perfect painting being ruined by a few wrong brush strokes, it almost hurts. But maybe, that's just me. I am too complicated for my own good. 🙃

I was looking forward to use both Ash and Khora skins but it's a hard pass for me if they're gonna look like what they've shown.

Ash looks simply funny with those skinny limbs and huge head surrounded with a fake hood and Khora seems completely disfigured with a head looking huge and disconnected from rest of the body (not to mention it looks like a pine-cone), lack of shoulders and overgrown belly.

Edited by mind_phaser
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Eyn_Sof said:

Just a note, after watching the stream khora is not pregnant its just her default stance is very awkward she bends backwards a lot and the flaps behind make it look like her back is straight thus creating the belly effect.

Agreed. I actually really like Khora's skin, but like I said before, that pose and idle animation plus the camera angle are not doing her justice. Good thing is we can choose our own idle animations when she comes out.

4 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Hoping she comes with Profile Pictures that works in the Forums, the one i’m using in game isn’t working still.

You have to log out on forums and then log back in for it to load and match your in-game glyph.

35 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

No offense to everyone involved, but the skin depicted in the OP doesn't look like a deluxe skin, at all.

Maybe it's my expectations, but I kinda wanna not recognize the frame and want a complete overhaul from a deluxe skin..

The pic in the OP looks like tennogen..

Guess the price for more content is less completely overhauled skins.. fine by me, not like I'm forced to buy them. (I bought them all until this point)

But gg to everyone who likes it 🙂

--

(Please don't report me, I'm just stating my opinion, I also didn't say that I think it's ugly, it's not, it's just easily recognizable that it's Garuda)

It's up there with Ivara's Deluxe as a Skin that's don't reflect the exact Frame at all. Only way you can tell it's Garuda is the Claws. Without them, she's a completely different Frame.

• Like 1

When Khora deluxe was shown in yesterdays devsteam i was thrilled to see it, but it slowly creeped into my mind that this skin was off. I have made a list of what i would change:

• Her legs could be thiner right where the flower starts/where the dots under the "leg flowers" are
  • The aforementioned "leg flowers" could be a bit lower. Her hips and flowers are nearly one and the same.
  • The weight of the "leg flower" (last leg flower, i promise) pins the flower crown to her hips. That stretches the crown and it looks wierd, like a flower made out of rubber
  • The belt could be wider in the vertical (i have no idea how to decribe that). It is just too small in my opinion
    • The beld would make the hips more defined, like a corset. Khora has a realy narrow mid body and that would fit.
  • She looks pregnant, im not the first one to notice this. This is from her Animation set. That is not realy a problem in my opinion.
  • I do not like how the shoulders are so extreamly bend backwards in her Animation set. It just looks painfull seeing her like that. Remember: Players see the back of a warframe most of the time.

Even after all those points i would still buy the skin, because i like Khora as a warframe. I wouldn't be very happy about that to be honest.

About Ash and Garuda ... i don't play them and therefore have no opinion.

• Like 3