Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Hardmode Be Hard Enough?

Traumtulpe

Il y a 2 heures, Travis05 a dit :

Serration, point strike, split chamber, malignant force, rime rounds, vital sense, vigilante armaments, vigilante supplies...and i dont remember the last mod i used tbh, i think it was shred. I wouldnt call it a bad build.

I would. 

Il y a 2 heures, Travis05 a dit :

I know the bramma isnt the only weapon in the game. Thanks, im aware

Are you sure? Cause I can off the top of my head name at least 30 weapons, melee notwithstanding, that comfortably handle content at that level if properly set up or given to a frame that complements them. 

Edited by Autongnosis

The game is definitely easy, but dont underestimate higher level enemies. 

I was running a Valkyr with grace and guardian and an ancient took a huge chunk of my health one time lol.

People are so used to being tanks that they forget how strong the enemies can actually be.

Edit: not level 100 that's still nothing, but up to 200 gets kinda wild.

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu

There's such a huge spectrum of what players consider difficult in this game, because there's such a huge spectrum of power difference across players, equipment and upgrades.

I would bet money on seeing threads motivated by these standpoints the very day Hardmode drops:

• It is a satisfying jump in difficulty (might not see much talk about this one, actually)
  • It is a satisfying jump in difficulty, but the rewards need to be 100035% more or I refuse to play it
  • It's too easy, my build can do 15950604534 damage per hit and this totally not a flex, I'm just giving an extra-detailed account of how easy I think this is
  • It's too easy because I can just be permanently invisible, unkillable or untouchable
  • It's too easy because a max-range hard CC makes their damage 0 at any level
  • It's too hard and I demand DE make this more accessible
  • It's not too hard (I fear being called a noob), it's just dumb because it pushes a certain meta Loki Saryn  Mesa yada yada...
  • Like 1

Well, I don't exactly see how it can fail when it's literally just going to be a massive enemy level increase.

However, I hope that this is just them starting to delve into an entire new system. New enemies, new gamemode functions, new rewards, tweaked drops, the list goes on.

Personally, I'd hope Hard Mode would include some aspects of other games and tweak some of our current options. Destiny is a good example of several changes I'd like to see, purely enemy mechanic and environmental mechanic-wise. So, like Destiny for example, Crits now only apply on Headshots, maybe we even get special Eximi that function similar to Barrier or Unstoppable Champions, Unstoppable constantly overheal your damage and can only be stopped with a specific Mod, Barrier is a similar story but they regen when their health is low and become invulnerable. Now certain enemies have a shield that only takes Status damage and can't be damaged otherwise, and that Status depends on the enemies current highest resistance, forcing you to swap more often between elements.

Now tie-in some more possible failure options for gamemodes in general. Give us enemy units that blow up life support, enemies that become tankier the more other units are by them (but incredibly weak on their own), units that create Eximi (at a slow rate of course), guys that apply a debuff that will instantly kill you if you don't  remove it in time, units that can tear apart a defense objective, yada yada.

I know it seems kind of scummy to just up and lift entire enemies and mechanics from Destiny, but honestly? I think they'd at least make the "hard" mode more interesting, and it's pretty apparent Destiny has a far better grasp on their levels of difficulty.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

I always like the option on difficulty. It should probably be a 50 level jump, then 200 level jump. I’ll be curious to see how many random players are running around the harder levels after initial launch. Hopefully a bunch. I’ll be there some evenings when playing but not a lot...

1 hour ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I'll never understand why people are so up in this game fighting enemies above lvl 100.. literally nothing changes outside of only a handful of frames and weapons are 

Yup. Even if the rewards are nice cosmetics, outside of baro no one stands long enough to see them. 

24 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Yup. Even if the rewards are nice cosmetics, outside of baro no one stands long enough to see them. 

Hopefully people stay in a survival longer then 10 minutes. 

Just saying. I've run into this alot, I want to run 1hr+ survivals and no one wants to (xbox player,I haven't found groups to run with outside my clan)

Hopefully the rewards for longer runs in hard mode are worthwhile.

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duahcim

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Hopefully people stay in a survival longer then 10 minutes. 

Just saying. I've run into this alot, I want to run 1hr+ survivals and no one wants to (xbox player,I haven't found groups to run with outside my clan)

Hopefully the rewards for longer runs in hard mode are worthwhile.

I can't remember the last time I ran an hour survival.  Those were the days. Loved doing those when they ment something.  Coarse  camping a corner got boring fast too. We always wondered who was gonna fall asleep  first. 

lets make hard mode hard. lets put the pieces in to make it interesting.

1. after 10 mins activation of one the dragon keys is imposed on the player(s) no one concurrent if solo or same if in a group

2. rotate those restrictions per player every 10 mins

3. activate nightmare restrictions spontaneously or every 15 mins and can be triggered if camping a spot too long.

4.every 25 mins send in the syndicate assasins.

5. so you've made it to 1 hr, bam level 200+ acolytes or stalker or g3 or any of the planetary bosses amidst all those restrictions happening.

lets see how veteran you are, how cunning you are to deal with all those eximuses and restrictions like no shield, reduced health, no energy etc. If I was DE I would throw the kitchen sink at ya and turn it up a notch like Emeril Lagasse.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

lets make hard mode hard. lets put the pieces in to make it interesting.

1. after 10 mins activation of one the dragon keys is imposed on the player(s) no one concurrent if solo or same if in a group

2. rotate those restrictions per player every 10 mins

3. activate nightmare restrictions spontaneously or every 15 mins and can be triggered if camping a spot too long.

4.every 25 mins send in the syndicate assasins.

5. so you've made it to 1 hr, bam level 200+ acolytes or stalker or g3 or any of the planetary bosses amidst all those restrictions happening.

lets see how veteran you are, how cunning you are to deal with all those eximuses and restrictions like no shield, reduced health, no energy etc. If I was DE I would throw the kitchen sink at ya and turn it up a notch like Emeril Lagasse.

Hehe. Your sadism makes me smile 🙂 

It’d need to be mainly for a good fight though, since if exclusive rewards are involved, there’ll be an inevitable shift to be inclusive 🤔 

(I would totally give this a shot)

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

On 2020-05-28 at 1:48 PM, Aldain said:

Short answer: Probably not.

Longer answer: There's no point to cranking up the levels since the overall gameplay of Warframe won't change much no matter the level, the only thing that level increases will do is what it always does, narrow the meta down to a small selection of "viable" and leave all the supposed variety the game has as MR fodder.

I feel like they're not gonna please everyone no matter what they do. Either:

1) exactly what you just said. Theres a lot of weapons and several frames that just don't deal with level 100+ very well.

2) they nerf/rework/rebalance things left and right and create a massive amount of, as Pablo said, "friction" with the community. 

Personally, I'm glad they're adding this though. Doing missions where the enemy are literally like level 15 when youre geared for level 150+ feels like such a joke. I realize that it might not be more "challenging" to just increase the level but i still find higher level enemies more enjoyable. I like feeling like my min maxed builds actually matter.

20 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I'll never understand why people are so up in this game fighting enemies above lvl 100.. literally nothing changes outside of only a handful of frames and weapons are viable.

Personally I like optimizing my equipment/characters, problem is that enemies are too weak to even gage your strength. They die several times over to a single hit.

The only thing I can remember, that made me pause and think about how to kill it, was a Demolisher Juggernaut during a tier 3 "Augmented Enemy Armor" sortie.

En 29/5/2020 a las 12:39, Autongnosis dijo:

I would. 

Are you sure? Cause I can off the top of my head name at least 30 weapons, melee notwithstanding, that comfortably handle content at that level if properly set up or given to a frame that complements them. 

Ok. Good for you

Depends what your goal is.

Frames like Vauban and Banshee will probably love that their abilities aren't being nullified. The people doing long endless runs will love it too. I would say "yes" in their case.

Youtube warframe will continue to be played in the simulacrum because we can spawn level 170 (175) instantly, while a +100 base level is only level 140 on Sedna.  "No" in this case.

For me "yes", if there is good rewards, and "no" otherwise.

On 2020-05-28 at 10:48 PM, Peter said:

I remember when the forum cryed so hard about how hard is fortuna when it was released.

Arbitration should be more difficult and challenging, and with so much crying they put revive on it.

You guys aren't prepared to hard/ultra anyway and will cry until they destroy it in same way.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

THIS!
It happened also whit Railjack..
As i see, the only way those mediocre player wont cry saying that it is to difficult, is that the hard mode doesn´t have any special rewards..just the usual credits and neurodes.
Because if the Devs put nice rewards, the community will cry, saying ist to difficult, to grindy...
See the Fortuna example...Profit Taker...Liches..People cryed, because the saw the rewards, and thought it were to difficult to get... (they were the ones saying that the game is easy, but are the first asking for enemys nerf..)
Hard mode is for the ones who likes to test themselfes..not for Inaros and Brahama players, who want Rewards=no effort!
Less than 1% of playerbase do endurance runs in MOT, so the hard mode is for those people, isnt it??
So dont cry, and let us have some fun..we don´t need rewards..
When i go to MOT for +2 hours survival, i don´t do it for the argon, or for the XP..i do it because is hard...

The game needs other mechanics in order for things to be challenging, slapping +50 or +100 levels on the regular star chart enemies wont be enough, it may be a good start but that is it. We need mission and mob modifiers/mutators like other games of the genre, maybe then we can get some meta breaking RNG that pushes us towards preperation, kinda like how the Wolf promoted us to prepare for his appearance.

I wont say "no thank you" to the increased levels, I'll rather say "thank you chef, but this could use a bit more spice".