The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person mode?

No its not a thing in the game, there was a glitch that KINDA did first person, I say that kinda as all it was, was the camera got pushed down near neck height and moved like third person camera still.

But DE have said in the past along time ago that they will not to make a first person mode whats so ever. Sorry.

Edited by Exlodian_Akitora
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Are you masochistic or just not using Parcour?
I would be puking all the time 🤢

Ever played Doom eternal? 

Doom Slayer is just as fast as Warframes are maybe even faster. Hell old school quake or unreal tournament is faster than Warframe. And some Warframe first person would make you puke? Lol that's weak sauce.  

9e20f524f5df006d5d206df5696121ba.gif

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

No, I haven't played it.

Doom Slayer is just as fast as Warframes are maybe even faster.

I don't get your point

And some Warframe first person would make you puke? Lol that's funny. 

I see you don't parcour as well.

95% of my mission time is either  a Bullet Jump or a Roll Animation while speeding through the map. Even Rollercoasters aren't this stressful

1 hour ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Doom Slayer is just as fast as Warframes are maybe even faster. Hell old school quake or unreal tournament is faster than Warframe. And some Warframe first person would make you puke? Lol that's weak sauce.  

I don't think he talking about the speed of warframes unlike doom the warfames are not allways standing up 100% of the time I never saw the doom guy spin and do a 720 in the air or roll forward over and over.  This is the parts that will make it hard to do first person in warframe not the speed  for all your camera gonna do is spin like crazy all the time as 90% of the time its rolls or bullet jumps  not standing up. Or for those that play spin to win gonna have it real fun to having the camera constatly spam around in a 360 degree rotation as they spam the melee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

When people bring up first person mode, some people also think of experiencing things from a POV cam like gta5. You bullet jump, the world is going to spin. Not a stabilized front locked cam like fps arcade shooters. Doom eternal in hacky unlocked 3ed person is ridiculous, his upper torso is a ridged plank as he dances around with happy feet and teleports, but is not ment to be played like that.

But it doesn't matter, WF is designed as a 3ed person. Just as doom is designed as a fps.

First person mode is never gonna happen, DE's been very firm on that stance. But I don't get why everyone seems to assume a theoretical FPS mode would entail a GTA5-style PoV cam, if a first person mode did happen, your camera wouldn't roll if you rolled, it wouldn't spin if you bullet jumped, that's just not what a shooter like this would do or should do.

I'd personally enjoy an FPS function just to see what all these unique guns looked like from a first person perspective, because they're remarkably high-detail weapons that would still look good up close.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Zandermanith222 said:

First person mode is never gonna happen, DE's been very firm on that stance. But I don't get why everyone seems to assume a theoretical FPS mode would entail a GTA5-style PoV cam, if a first person mode did happen, your camera wouldn't roll if you rolled, it wouldn't spin if you bullet jumped, that's just not what a shooter like this would do or should do.

I'd personally enjoy an FPS function just to see what all these unique guns looked like from a first person perspective, because they're remarkably high-detail weapons that would still look good up close.

If they not gonna follow the eyes they could just removed the rendering of the warframe and you get "first person"  with a static view and no frame to see.

Edited by Emolition

2 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Doom Slayer does not use even remotely the same style of parkour or melee combat as Warframes

In Warframe, your bullet jumps and wall maneuvers have specific speeds and player-controlled trajectory, and are expected to be used during firefights in real time. Melee combat involves actual swordfighting, with hitboxes and timing and animation that may or may not leave you vulnerable

In Doom Eternal, combat parkour is "press the run button to instantly teleport a set distance further or closer to enemies". Parkour maneuvers and verticality are confined to contextual level features -- either swing bars to give the player a burst of verticality, or a canned wall-climbing animation specifically designed to NOT feature in combat, to seperate arenas from each other. Melee combat is "press button to spend resource to instantly kill enemy", often with Slayer literally teleporting to the enemy to play the canned animation. This has no downsides or vulnerabilities whatsoever: enemies will not start new attacks, and existing attacks will pass through harmlessly

These are apples to oranges. You need to get on our level

• Like 2

Cant see how it would work in a game like this, the pace is too quick for FPS, imagine trying to do bullet jumps, wall hanging etc and trying to melee would be horrendous. Then you factor in weapon recoil and screen shake and it would be a really unpleasant experience...

Ahh one of these threads..My favorite line is Parkor would make you sick from rolling..but in reality it's just a bump in your forward run due to actually first hand observing this due to glitching out on Loki and his invisibility where it's just the stunning environment and the crosshair....There's no issues with bullet jumping or wall hanging as well from the perspective.

De has stated they'll never go First Person with their game, even though first person exists in plenty of options ranging from snipers to the scanner' but If they ever did they should know their art department knocked it out of the park, because this game is fantastic as seen through first person...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

13 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Just as an example: Trying to play with Hildryn and aim is a bit difficult.

I want an unscoped vanilla First Person view mode like Skyrim sometimes. Is this already an option in settings somewhere? If not, please can we have?

Only some weapons preferably snipers. Other than that AOE weapons don't have that feature unless you have a zoom riven.

10 hours ago, Firetempest said:

You bullet jump, the world is going to spin.

Yeah? The world spins anyway when turning to aim. What's your point?

10 hours ago, Emolition said:

never saw the doom guy spin and do a 720 in the air or roll forward over and over. 

What difference does spinning or rolling make? When you play a fast paced FPS you spin all the time to aim at multiple targets. 

10 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Doom Slayer does not use even remotely the same style of parkour or melee combat as Warframes

I'm taking about the speed and maneuverability of Doom Slayer.  Doom Slayer is objectively much faster than the majority of Warframes in everyway. Unreal tournament is faster. Quake is faster. 

combat parkour is "press the run button to instantly teleport a set distance further or closer to enemies". Parkour maneuvers and verticality are confined to contextual level features -- either swing bars to give the player a burst of verticality, or a canned wall-climbing animation specifically designed to NOT feature in combat, to seperate arenas from each other. Melee combat is "press button to spend resource to instantly kill enemy",

Sounds a lot like Warframe.  

Warframe, your bullet jumps and wall maneuvers have specific speeds and player-controlled trajectory, and are expected to be used during firefights in real time. Melee combat involves actual swordfighting, with hitboxes and timing and animation that may or may not leave you vulnerable

Hahahha. In reality bullet jumping serves no purposes. Its BS. Could be subbed for just a super jump. WFs can't even strafe left or right, instead we have a laggy roll, or a clumsy slow back flip that serves zero purpose lol.  And Melee combat that involves "sword fighting"..are we playing the same game? 99% of the time Warframes press one button and insta kill enemies with any melee in a shower of sega geniuses graphical blood and gore .  Would make zero difference if it was canned animation or not. 

Also may or may not leave you vulnerable? Dude you are always vulnerable to hit scan. And the hit boxes are dated junk. And timing in WF..hahahhahhaha 

You are making WF sound like somthing its definitely not and its comical,  please keep going. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

4 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

I'm taking about the speed and maneuverability of Doom Slayer.  Doom Slayer is objectively much faster than the majority of Warframes in everyway. Unreal tournament is faster. Quake is faster. 

He really isn't. He clocks in a respectable 20mph, sure, but Warframes in combat easily double that, and frames like Volt and Gauss quintuple it

2 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

99% of the time Warframes insta kill enemies with any melee in a shower of sega geniuses graphical blood and gore .  Would make zero difference if it was canned animation or not. 

It would piss off the playerbase in a heartbeat to make it a canned animation. Why? 

Because Doom Slayer can't move during a melee animation. Warframes can. That's why our combat is so fluid

Actually study the differences between the two games, instead of dropping turds like "they're both power fantasies, therefore they are EXACTLY the same"

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Actually study the differences between the two games, instead of dropping turds like "they're both power fantasies, therefore they are EXACTLY the same"

The topic of conversation is first person in WF. I say Doom is just as fast when it comes to worlding to aim if not faster, so therefore would be fine. 

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

That's why our combat is so fluid

Melee combat might be fluid sure but still a dated mess. 

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

would piss off the playerbase i

What player base? 

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

dropping turds like "they're both power fantasies, therefore they are EXACTLY the same"

Never said they were the same. 

The topic of conversation is first person in WF? I say Doom Eternal, Quake and Unreal Tournament are just as fast when it comes to worlding spinning to aim and in combat if not faster, so therefore would be fine. 

Its obvious you are sensitive and want to defend your beloved "it's the only game I'll ever play cause its da best" game. Stop trying so hard. 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

What player base? 

OK so that's the wavelength we're on?

Anyway:

8 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Its obvious you are sensitive and want to defend your beloved "it's the only game I'll ever play cause its da best" game. Stop trying so hard. 

I love the living hell out of Doomy Ternal, that's why I can tell it's so different from Warframe. Specifically this:

8 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

just as fast when it comes to worlding to aim if not faster

just as fast when it comes to worlding spinning to aim

I can at least see your logic now, which further points to the fundamental differences between the games

Enemies in Doomy Ternal are actually balanced. The player has a power ceiling. You need to manage priority targets and track them. This does indeed require having to spin around, but at reletively "fixed speeds" for a lack of a better term. You CAN aim so fast that it would make you puke in VR, but why would you want to? The enemies never move that fast

Enemies in Warframe are slabs of meat with guns. They are flat-out not balanced, and enemy scaling is designed around the concept of "kill them before they can damage you, until you can't anymore, then you extract". As a result: you're not tracking individual enemies, you're managing spawn points. This makes the gameplay alternate between "aiming down a hallway" and "turning 270 degrees in 0.2 seconds, sprinting across two rooms in less than another second, and then aiming down THAT hallway".

As mentioned, melee combat in Doomy Ternal is "identify enemy, stand still for nearly three seconds while invulnerable". Melee combat is breathing room in Doom. Contrast that with melee combat in Warframe, all about pinballing between six different enemies before they can fill you full of bullets. That is WAY faster than Doomy Ternal

1 hour ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

What difference does spinning or rolling make? When you play a fast paced FPS you spin all the time to aim at multiple targets. 

Im not talking about turning around to aim fast. Im talking about when you bullet jump and the warframe spin around in the air gonna be really hard to aim then when you got no clue what is up or down. Then spamming  spin to win melee would be really hard to control what direction you going as the camera would rotate around every swing you do. Unless you go low budget and forget eyes and just unrender the frame and have a static view we have now but just the cross hair.

What our @(XB1)YoungGunn82 trays to explain(very poorly if i may add) is that you can make a first person mode in which, from your view point all your movements would look like basic CS:GO type of movements, while for all around you its the cool parcour style. Now that would make the gameplay not only feel super simple and boring but it would make parcouring super hard to do. Also it would completely trivialize customizing your frame.

Also also in first person mode you would have to turn left and right like crazy in order to see all of the swarming enemies. And if your going to use a mele weapon ol boy the animation of a swinging blade all around you face it would be ludicrous! 🤣

3 hours ago, Emolition said:

Im not talking about turning around to aim fast. Im talking about when you bullet jump and the warframe spin around in the air gonna be really hard to aim then when you got no clue what is up or down.

Which means you've ignored everyone repeatedly saying that 1st Person =/= perfect synchronisation between the frame's eyes and the camera.

See, for instance, dodge roll abilities in games like Overwatch and Halo Reach. The character model does a complete flip when viewed by another player, but the first-person view only shows a slight dip in the camera's height.

The fact is, we have a glitch in Warframe right now that shows that first-person Warframe gameplay works just fine. The only issues are caused by the camera being clipped through the player model, which would likely be fixed by simply hiding the helmet model when in first person, and slightly adjusting how the camera tracks the body.

59 minutes ago, Heiven said:

but it would make parcouring super hard to do.

Considering how many FPS games with advanced mobility have come out in recent years, coupled with the aforementioned glitch, I find this dubious at best.

59 minutes ago, Heiven said:

Also it would completely trivialize customizing your frame.

You do realise that character customisation is a thing in first person games too, right? If anything, having a first person camera would open up options, because you wouldn't need to worry about potentially blocking your own aiming reticle (something which can happen even if you don't have any bulky attachments. Aiming a rifle or shotgun while crouch-walking will see your Warframe rather unhelpfully cover the reticle with their elbow, for example).

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

Which means you've ignored everyone repeatedly saying that 1st Person =/= perfect synchronisation between the frame's eyes and the camera.

See, for instance, dodge roll abilities in games like Overwatch and Halo Reach. The character model does a complete flip when viewed by another player, but the first-person view only shows a slight dip in the camera's height.

The fact is, we have a glitch in Warframe right now that shows that first-person Warframe gameplay works just fine. The only issues are caused by the camera being clipped through the player model, which would likely be fixed by simply hiding the helmet model when in first person, and slightly adjusting how the camera tracks the body.

Considering how many FPS games with advanced mobility have come out in recent years, coupled with the aforementioned glitch, I find this dubious at best.

You do realise that character customisation is a thing in first person games too, right? If anything, having a first person camera would open up options, because you wouldn't need to worry about potentially blocking your own aiming reticle (something which can happen even if you don't have any bulky attachments. Aiming a rifle or shotgun while crouch-walking will see your Warframe rather unhelpfully cover the reticle with their elbow, for example).