Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of the ultra killer mega extreme grind?

_Eclips3_

When it's harder than just farming prime parts and selling them to buy protea, fully build and a free fusion core, then it's too far.

With the added enemy kill scale thing, it went from very grindy to very grindy and annoyingly long. 

And I'm not talking to the players who already grinded it out and got everything because I know you gonna complain about "But we did it, so now everyone has to suffer waaaa." It happened with railjack, this can be fixed too.

Edited by XxElite2015xX
  • Like 7

17 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

"But we did it, so now everyone has to suffer waaaa."

I find those that say so true hypocrits tbh.... (same was for RJ lol, those QQuing about their "sufferings and hard time" was able to exploit affinity and get umbra formas too lol)

"They" suffered? according to what i read on those hotfixes threads "they" had the easy time with loot skills working (and lot of QQ about that fix), less kills to do hell, someone also mentioned that right now all the rare Avionics are raining everywhere on pc.

I am on ps4 so only god know when we gonna get it but will be a "fixed" version and if nothing change our grind will be LOT worser than those that "suffered so much" on PC at patch release.

And for what seem a really crappy frame too, at least until it lasted those that got could enjoy the "infinite damage stacking of protea 1" that another 1 mentioned somewhere (funny how the "good" stuff get mentioned so rarely and mostly by mistake in the fear it get fixed).

But well, grindy or not i hope we get it soon on ps4 too, wanna see if its really something that Octy cant roflstomp (i doubt).

Edited by (PS4)Miciobestia
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

When it's harder than just farming prime parts and selling them to buy protea, fully build and a free fusion core, then it's too far.

I agree with this logic. Even if there's intention of doing it for the aforementioned reason. Though I'm still a bit far from being able to farm Protea, so I'll reserve judgement here.

27 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

the players who already grinded it out and got everything because I know you gonna complain about "But we did it, so now everyone has to suffer waaaa."

As a player who plays every day (and has been here for years) I often go through the insane initial grind of Warframe updates. Even then I wouldn't come close to complain about DE for improving the hell I have gone through (by my own choice, since no one made me grind, mind you) to newer players.

34 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

With the added enemy kill scale thing, it went from very grindy to very grindy and annoyingly long. 

Solo it. There is no challenge in it at all. I am getting stuck having killed 100 enemies with 30 seconds left.

Yes, it still feels overly grindy. Do mission to get a key, then run another mission to get a new key and use the old one. Repeat until you get all the parts. It is just more steps than it needs to be.

the ultra killer mega extreme grind is there to prepare you for the super duper ultra hyper killer mega extrem grind Prime Prisma Wraith Vandal Umbra. THEN its a grind!

Protea isn't going anywhere so I wouldn't worry about burning yourself out trying to grind her. just trade for the plat or passively go for her parts over time. hopefully she'll have some improvements by then too, assuming she needs them (not seen a thread about overall opinion on her yet).

• Like 1

I'd say that the problem is possibly player retention and paying players. 

With the average player income lowering, so does their spending. Veteran players are also less prone to buying stuff they could just as easily get with patience and playing. 

And lastly to inflate average playtime of the update before people start leaving again because they're all caught up. 

That's why you can't trade regular warframe parts. 

Took me two years to get Khora and Harrow, trying on and off. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

You'd have the frame built and in your arsenal through regular play in like 2 weeks max.

How can you write this and not see a problem. They stretch gameplay so much that getting a frame would actually take this long. DE you are killing your own game with this never ending grind with very little reward. OP is right. I'm just gonna farm prime parts and sell. That way i can at least get some variant in game type and not torture myself. 

• Like 2

Honestly it was WAAAAAAAY less grindy than other updates. I mean, yo got parts from weapons while faeming the frame and the mission its hell easy with mesa or a good DPS build for xoris.

Grindy was nidus, old harrow, mesa, and another ones that where more stupidly harder to get while also having nothing but S#&$ from the mission.

Yes, it can take some runs, but you also got weapon parts so even a bad run still shields stuff

• Like 1

Its supposed to be that way , so you either

a) spend plat and give money to DE (it is a business after all),

b) Play longer and provide player hours for their statistics and act as traders for others.

The grind for parts cannot be easier than the grind for plat for this reason.

And you seem to believe this is the situation with only this frame? its pretty consistent with most of the new frames and is actually relatively lower ,

the plus side here is you can stack up on coins passively during regular missions by spending maybe 2 extra minutes at most.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Brosef42 said:

How can you write this and not see a problem. They stretch gameplay so much that getting a frame would actually take this long. DE you are killing your own game with this never ending grind with very little reward. OP is right. I'm just gonna farm prime parts and sell. That way i can at least get some variant in game type and not torture myself. 

Because if I'm planning on playing the game for years, that's a drop in the bucket. Not to mention, if for some odd reason I didn't want to play the content over time..... I could simply buy Protea right now from farming plat.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

I find those that say so true hypocrits tbh.... (same was for RJ lol, those QQuing about their "sufferings and hard time" was able to exploit affinity and get umbra formas too lol)

"They" suffered? according to what i read on those hotfixes threads "they" had the easy time with loot skills working (and lot of QQ about that fix), less kills to do hell, someone also mentioned that right now all the rare Avionics are raining everywhere on pc.

Well you're wrong there sorry. As one of the players who did grind out Railjack right away I can assure you it was no cake walk, the only advantage we had at all was that we could pay with our own plat mind you, to use repair drones to skip a bit of initial resource grind to put better parts on our ship. But this talk of umbra formas, affinity exploit.... Not so much buddy. I believe umbra formas had about a legendary drop chance after initially finding a rare cache in the sentient anomaly(which was available every 2 hours only) which had a 2% spawn rate.... I didn't see a single umbra forma in over 100 runs mate. As for affinity grinding, there was a bug where you could slowly do an Adaro-esque level taking about 8 mins to gain around 12 intrinsics. This is far slower and more boring than how you can farm them now, so no, it wasn't faster or easier. Check your facts better.

• Like 3

I guess I'm one of those "well I got everything already" people but I thought it was pretty easy. Not once was I annoyed by the grind and I got it done in less than two days. And no I didn't no-life it, I played a few hours yesterday and today and that was enough to get everything.

Honestly, protea grind isn't even that bad

its nothing compared to harrow (yuck), nidus (fk that, I didn't even want to grind him and just bought him off market), korrudo (remember thumpers?), and the other Sh!tty grinds (liches, Rj, hema... etc)

its actually a decently fast grind, although I do agree that granum void tends to get a little dull after a few runs.

Edited by Leyers_of_facade
  • Like 1

Spent 4 hours working Nightmare Granum Void missions, and did not get the Protea Systems Blueprint. That seems way off for a single mission type, that is supposed to be an 11% drop chance.. I have yet tried the other missions for the other parts but if they are as bad, not sure my friends will be willing to continue the farm.

Edited by Franticlly_Skeptic

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well you're wrong there sorry. As one of the players who did grind out Railjack right away I can assure you it was no cake walk, the only advantage we had at all was that we could pay with our own plat mind you, to use repair drones to skip a bit of initial resource grind to put better parts on our ship. But this talk of umbra formas, affinity exploit.... Not so much buddy. I believe umbra formas had about a legendary drop chance after initially finding a rare cache in the sentient anomaly(which was available every 2 hours only) which had a 2% spawn rate.... I didn't see a single umbra forma in over 100 runs mate. As for affinity grinding, there was a bug where you could slowly do an Adaro-esque level taking about 8 mins to gain around 12 intrinsics. This is far slower and more boring than how you can farm them now, so no, it wasn't faster or easier. Check your facts better.

Oh true, the costant refilling of energy flux didnt helped either i guess (like part for the ship mean crap, except maybe the reactor but sigma mk3 is good enough, all you needed and still need is a good battle avionic that you can get on earth too).

And rofl, like i didnt done RJ before the revised, Ivara stealthkill was 1 hitting anything and giving you tons of intriscs, not just 12 plus you could even quit anytime and KEEP the intrinsics earned until that point (that sadly was already fixed when i started, so had to do whole missions for a measy 50 intrisics at time in Veil QQ).

Check your lies better thx.

And about that new grind, we can see already more than one topic/video about how to get thousand kills for those spectres camping spawns.

Pretty sure by the time it get on ps4 all those will be fixed but there will be ppls like you claiming that YOUR farm and grind was so hard, horrible and long (while meanwhile we read already now that took just few hours to ppls to get everything lol).

Ps: MAYBE you didnt got any Umbra but if they got removed for sure there was a reason (aka, devs can actually SEE how many dropped).

9 hours ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

Oh true, the costant refilling of energy flux didnt helped either i guess (like part for the ship mean crap, except maybe the reactor but sigma mk3 is good enough, all you needed and still need is a good battle avionic that you can get on earth too).

And rofl, like i didnt done RJ before the revised, Ivara stealthkill was 1 hitting anything and giving you tons of intriscs, not just 12 plus you could even quit anytime and KEEP the intrinsics earned until that point (that sadly was already fixed when i started, so had to do whole missions for a measy 50 intrisics at time in Veil QQ).

Check your lies better thx.

And about that new grind, we can see already more than one topic/video about how to get thousand kills for those spectres camping spawns.

Pretty sure by the time it get on ps4 all those will be fixed but there will be ppls like you claiming that YOUR farm and grind was so hard, horrible and long (while meanwhile we read already now that took just few hours to ppls to get everything lol).

Ps: MAYBE you didnt got any Umbra but if they got removed for sure there was a reason (aka, devs can actually SEE how many dropped).

I had a reactor with 75 capacity cos I never managed to roll a good one. You're completely wrong about Ivara and the intrinsics it gave, I should know seeing as I did some of it the very first day it was released. You had to do a measly 50 intrinsics in Veil? Do you realise we did a whopping 10 - 12 intrinsics per Veil run when it came out? Check your facts better thanks. Refilling of energy flux? You mean having a player sitting on the forge for the entire mission? That person actually gained about 13 intrinsics per run for some reason so they actually gained slightly more than the other 3.

Ps: Didn't got any umbra? Didn't done any RJ? Learn some grammar. We also didn't get any umbra forma because it was super rare, some people were fortunate enough to maybe get one. The only people who got lots hacked the actual game to do it. Again MAYBE research your facts please before spouting rubbish.

Oh and here's the difference between us, you're talking whatever rubbish you've been fed by online sources, I ACTUALLY PLAYED IT FROM DAY 1 OF RELEASE. I wasn't sitting around on console waiting for the revised version. Which of us is likely to know better? You with your rubbish sources? Or someone who was actually doing it.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You mean having a player sitting on the forge for the entire mission?

really?

Coming here blatantly lying like this? pretty much everyone, even those that never played before revised know (or can know just reading even just the wiki comments lol) about your flux being refilled every intrinsic you  gained.

But well, ofc when someone got no real points and only spit lies and bs there's always the good old "grammar nazi" tactics.

Sorry, not interested at learning YOUR grammar :3

Keep playing martyr and putting yourself on a golden pedestal lol.

really?

Coming here blatantly lying like this? pretty much everyone, even those that never played before revised know (or can know just reading even just the wiki comments lol) about your flux being refilled every intrinsic you  gained.

But well, ofc when someone got no real points and only spit lies and bs there's always the good old "grammar nazi" tactics.

Sorry, not interested at learning YOUR grammar :3

Keep playing martyr and putting yourself on a golden pedestal lol.

I don't think you realise cos you didn't actually play it. We didn't have time for that kind of thing, we just replenished ordnance shots and the rest well... the good players didn't rely much on flux cos we didn't use the blackhole. Again, you didn't play it, I did. And guess what, I STILL don't need flux with the method I use, even with the latest changes. Missions only take 2 minutes. Also it's not about wanting to be a grammar nazi, it's about not wanting to talk to a tool accusing me of lying when they didn't even play the game back then.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I don't think you realise cos you didn't actually play it. We didn't have time for that kind of thing, we just replenished ordnance shots and the rest well... the good players didn't rely much on flux cos we didn't use the blackhole. Again, you didn't play it, I did.

Yes i did, i got full intrinsics BEFORE revised but WITHOUT my flux being refilled and LOSING everything in case of failing so you can take a ladder and come down from your pedestal.

And am not crying rivers about how easy they got it now lmao.

Oh and btw, maybe just a coincidence lmao, but guess what, void hole was so name/talked/abused back then and after bazzilions runs and sitting on multiple rare battle avionics (10 fiery phoenyx x example) i still didnt got any void hole or hunter munition, coincidence.

Yes i did, i got full intrinsics BEFORE revised but WITHOUT my flux being refilled and LOSING everything in case of failing so you can take a ladder and come down from your pedestal.

And am not crying rivers about how easy they got it now lmao.

Oh and btw, maybe just a coincidence lmao, but guess what, void hole was so name/talked/abused back then and after bazzilions runs and sitting on multiple rare battle avionics (10 fiery phoenyx x example) and still didnt got any void hole or hunter munition, coincidence.

But you don't even need the flux, it's never been an issue, you don't seem to understand that. I'm also not crying rivers about how much easier it is now, I've never said that, all I've said is that you're wrong about how it was on release. But you wouldn't know that because you're on console not PC. As for void hole? Good news, you don't need it at all, it wasn't even the fastest way of doing it back then and it certainly isn't now. The only time I managed to farm a heap of them was with a mod chance booster. Good for plat, nothing else. 

And the main point of contention is you trying to tell me that you could get heaps of intrinsics from Ivara farming. That is just blatantly false info, it was about 12 - 14 per run and took around 8 minutes if you did it quickly. Standard veil missions gave around 10 - 12 intrinsics also, while now they give around 50 so once again, your assertions of gathering faster on release are completely wrong. As was the info about umbra formas raining from the sky lol.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2