Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

16 minutes ago, -Ironheade- said:

I´m just going to leave this here. Guess you need to nerf Venka Prime, clearly "the only right choice" now.

Edit: This damage is higher than anything the Xoris could ever achieve btw.

You're beating a dead horse, friend.

We've told them Xoris isn't the problem across 49 pages of forum posts. They either don't care or "power" isn't the actual issue that they mean to address, even though the specifically stated power in both this forum and on the official patch notes.

25 minutes ago, Old_Fogie said:

Ironically, if you change "community" to "customer", we'd still be ignored. What's even more ironic, especially as a CSM, I'd take one look at the lack of input or even acknowledging customer complaints from my team that I would be having some serious talks about their job performance.

It's a pity really. The only reason I got into WF was because my boys convinced me to do so. It was a fun way for all of us to get together online and catch up on how all the family was doing. The fun is pretty much gone now for all of us.

While I agree with your sentiment Warframe hasn't really changed, in terms of its fun factor. It just gets more and more frustrating to those of us who've been around for awhile because of the communication problems.

Hopefully when Sony buys DE we'll see some positive changes. 

16 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

You're beating a dead horse, friend.

We've told them Xoris isn't the problem across 49 pages of forum posts. They either don't care or "power" isn't the actual issue that they mean to address, even though the specifically stated power in both this forum and on the official patch notes.

I know, it´s just so frustrating to see a brand new weapon with a unique mechanic get trashed like this for no good reason...

11 hours ago, kingowenslim said:

Take a look at this I don't know what more we can do to make them see that this nerf is unnecessary!

Absolutely nothing, because that would involve admitting that they made a mistake.

Thank you for changing this. While it was an unintended interaction with those skills & abilities it sure was abused once people found out about it. 

For anyone salty about the Xoris changes... Did you really think they were just going to leave it alone? We all knew this was coming from the day it was discovered!

This was expected. Which is why after trying a few broken combos, I saw its cheese potential and set it aside. 

Glad this is getting "fixed" but I wish the whole issue of the gladiator sets and exhalted could be revisited to give what should be our "super strong special exhalted weapons"
a bit of a balancing. 

When can we expect the compensation for the catalyst and formas we used on a weapon that is completely useless now? This is not even a nerf, you straight up destroyed the only use for the weapon, and don’t even mention Granum Void because is better to use Octavia, Mesa or Revenant.

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

When can we expect the compensation for the catalyst and formas we used on a weapon that is completely useless now? This is not even a nerf, you straight up destroyed the only use for the weapon, and don’t even mention Granum Void because is better to use Octavia, Mesa or Revenant.

To be fair it's a MR4 weapon, it's not meant to be some supreme weapon of mass destruction dude. You want to decimate things with khora's whip and ect just go grab a jaw sword riven like people have been saying? Or just, I donno, use any kinda riven really.

1 hour ago, Choralone42 said:

Thank you for changing this. While it was an unintended interaction with those skills & abilities it sure was abused once people found out about it. 

For anyone salty about the Xoris changes... Did you really think they were just going to leave it alone? We all knew this was coming from the day it was discovered!

ppl who think like you are the problem. smh.

31 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

To be fair it's a MR4 weapon, it's not meant to be some supreme weapon of mass destruction dude. You want to decimate things with khora's whip and ect just go grab a jaw sword riven like people have been saying? Or just, I donno, use any kinda riven really.

I have a mire riven already, I can easily destroy stuff with it, I just want to get the resources back because the nerf made the Xoris MR fodder.

Anyone who used catalyst/forma on the Xoris now basically lost it thanks to DE awesome weapon testing. Go ahead and delete 3-5 forma and 1 catalyst and come back after that.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Siaw said:

I have a mire riven already, I can easily destroy stuff with it, I just want to get the resources back because the nerf made the Xoris MR fodder.

Anyone who used catalyst/forma on the Xoris now basically lost it thanks to DE awesome weapon testing. Go ahead and delete 3-5 forma and 1 catalyst and come back after that.

ppl like to deflect for some reason idk why. they think we're either "shaming" DE or just being "whiny entitled" gamers

As always DE never think about every aspect will get affected by that weapon, from great in one factor become trash now. So disappointed.

"we are doing this because restricting your choice to a single weapon"; you mean restricting our fun too? it happened to zenistar and now this. atleast its not your intention for wf ability but your intention to ruin our fun

Sorry but the reasons given for xoris changes are utter bullS#&$.

The only benefits from the weapon were the locked combo counter and... nothing else due th the changes to starter riven disposition.

What it meant? not being forced to use naramon focus school for a quality of life benefit.

So your game your rules?

Well then, my money your loss.

The worst part about this is that the Xoris is now literally the single worst melee weapon you could equip on any frame that has abilities that scale with combo count. You‘re actively hurting those frames by using the Xoris, because it keeps your abilities from building combo, a thing no other weapon in the game does...

10 hours ago, Choralone42 said:

Yeahhh im hitting level 160 bombards now for nearly 200k redcrits?

I can 2 hit them now that ive built a riven'd statstick. The entire point of the salt is, This weapon was not overpowered. It was convienient. I literally just spitballed a statstick build and im probably doing double to triple the damage of any xoris build out there. 

The salt is because DE's manner of nerfing is simply "OH hey this is fun! LETS NERF FUN!" ANd we are kinda sick of it. Their entire reason of "this xoris stat stick weapon is OP cause of weird interactions" Is also bullcrap, because stat sticks can do MASSIVELY more damage than the xoris. The only difference is occasionally i have to melle something which breaks up the flow of the general gameplay, but little to NOTHING survives a 12x combo whipclaw with my setup....It was stupid and pointless. And the majority of people think it was to get more platnum sales in game for Rivene'd stat sticks. I got a Kama riven in a sortie drop and got a lucky roll with kuva i had lying around or i'd never have even bothered. 

Actually I take that back. I dont even have to really melle anything, i forgot hitting things with whipclaw actually builds combo on the melle weapon anyway...soooo this nerf was SUPER pointless...

On 2020-07-06 at 6:36 AM, Saberfrost said:

We can literally prove they're lazy with the next mainline update.

How much work do you think is required to just add Lv+100 and add Sortie Shield + Armor augment and a 2x HP modifier to pre-existing missions?

It's a rhetoricle question. This is what we're getting as a mainline update they spent two months on.

Amazing....

Those 2 months weren't spent just developing the mode, it was also testing using the test server. Seeing how players reacted to it, and adjusting accordingly. People bring nothing but Sayrn? Balance the stats to make that strategy slightly less viable. People finding it too much? Balance. Really... how ignorant can you be?

9 hours ago, (PS4)ironfist_94 said:

ppl who think like you are the problem. smh.

Like what? People that saw something unintended as something unintended? Because that's not a problem. Because it was unintended, and while DE's reaction may have been too far, they couldn't have done nothing about it. SMH.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

Like what? People that saw something unintended as something unintended? Because that's not a problem. Because it was unintended, and while DE's reaction may have been too far, they couldn't have done nothing about it. SMH.

You missed like 30 pages of good critics with nice suggestions. Well, there is 20 pages of complains but still if you spend a bit of time you will find answer to your questions.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

Those 2 months weren't spent just developing the mode, it was also testing using the test server. Seeing how players reacted to it, and adjusting accordingly. People bring nothing but Sayrn? Balance the stats to make that strategy slightly less viable. People finding it too much? Balance. Really... how ignorant can you be?

Really? What balance? All they have done is added more HP and Armor, moreover, it is Sorties multipliers so all they did was checked 2 or 3 checkboxes in missions' options. Indeed a hard work for months.

4 hours ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

Not because they said it's unintended means it's unintended not because they said sorry means it's right they just fool you to make you believe they made a mistake when it wasn't a mistake.

5 hours ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

Actually, it was intended... Whoever desgined it, and whoever supervised that design, didn't know enough about the game to work it out.
Because they didn't change how the weapon works.

They didn't change how the warframes work with other weapons modded to do a similar effect.
What they added was an exception to that weapon, because they realized they had a design flaw in the heavy attack system, and made a patchwork fix for it, instead of reworking the heavy attacks to work as intended, and that patchwork fix had the QoL effect of making certain skills easier to use and maintain.
This being the case, those skills got more use, especially because of the publicity it got, even if using them with Xoris yields lower numbers than with other builds, and the devs had a kneejerk reaction to add another patchwork fix to the weapon/skills that gave that QoL, which later down the line, will probably have unforseen results as well, because that's what happens when you fix a design flaw with exceptions.

This whole thing just shone a light on how poorly designed Heavy Attacks and Combos are in Melee 3.0. And instead of fixing that issue, we have... Well, this...

19 hours ago, Choralone42 said:

While the interaction may not have been intended the reason for the change is factually untrue. They claim that the Xoris makes the abilities in question overpowered. It does not. The abilities are already overpowered, which has been explained over the course of 50 pages in this topic.

Archived