Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't someone want to stab their kuva lich?

(PSN)KatiSavo

You know when your kuva lich spawns in a lich mission and you can knock him on His knees and test your mods so you can eventually defeat him completely? What I'm wondering is when he does spawn for some players they decide not to stab him at all, they'd rather kneel him 3 times so he leaves or they just ignore him altogether. Their gear is clearly good enough to handle a rank 5 lich so it's not about it being too difficult. Why does someone choose not to stab him since stabbing gives you kuva and murmur, quickening the entire process so much? This has been bothering me for quite a while now and those types of players who do this never seem to have an answer if I kindly ask. If anyone has any idea behind their thinking I'd appreciate if you'd let me know. 

Because its optional and peoples choices, if i not knwo one symbol yet i not try it, simple as that, why should i make it harder on purpose for 10x more Murmur which equals one more mission, wow, what time saver. It not increases the reward in any way so why should i. Not want such, look for a gorup in recruit r friends that do such.

when you are starting a lich farm. or in actuality not done getting all your parazon mods revealed. 

getting additional thrall spawns is a huge time saver.

liches do not spawn all the time so when they do they turn enemies. waiting a minute or so to stab your lich WILL save you hours in the long run. as your thrall kill count  towards  unlocking a parazon mod will be higher than just stabbing it 

also lich runs have a mentality of instant starting missions and sometimes people forget to ask to change the order of their mods.

in some cases they are not gonna want to stab a lich knowing the combination is wrong especially if they already have all the mods.

plus it is their lich they are not obligated to stab it. however it does help everyone to do it even if you know the parazon order is wrong. however it is still up to the individual.

all in all if you want this absolutely done your way with no chance of encountering a "hinderance" its best to SOLO

Usually because they don't want to level up the lich while farming requiems in case they have to solo kill it later. It's kinda pointless because you can just get a big chunk of requiem from it and later just make a murmur farm on recruit channel and run your lich nodes to kill it while other players get their requiems.

The most efficient way to farm murmurs (at least for me) is to maintain the Lich at Enraged until I have at least 2 known Requiems and about 75% of the third.  This usually results in them spawning in every mission and creating more Thralls.  I then stabby stab to figure out the combo.  Takes about 2 hours or so this way.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Some people can't handle a level 5 lich... How will they do hard mode

As I include in my post, they clearly have good enough gear to handle rank 5 lich.

7 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Because its optional and peoples choices, if i not knwo one symbol yet i not try it, simple as that, why should i make it harder on purpose for 10x more Murmur which equals one more mission, wow, what time saver. It not increases the reward in any way so why should i. Not want such, look for a gorup in recruit r friends that do such.

It does save quite a bit of time in the long run. At least IMO. One more mission can mean an extra 5 minutes when stabbing would only take about 2 seconds. 

7 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

when you are starting a lich farm. or in actuality not done getting all your parazon mods revealed. 

getting additional thrall spawns is a huge time saver.

liches do not spawn all the time so when they do they turn enemies. waiting a minute or so to stab your lich WILL save you hours in the long run. as your thrall kill count  towards  unlocking a parazon mod will be higher than just stabbing it 

also lich runs have a mentality of instant starting missions and sometimes people forget to ask to change the order of their mods.

in some cases they are not gonna want to stab a lich knowing the combination is wrong especially if they already have all the mods.

plus it is their lich they are not obligated to stab it. however it does help everyone to do it even if you know the parazon order is wrong. 

I do understand the extra spawns but what I'm taking about is when they don't just wait a bit and then stab, rather they just don't want to stab at all. I do realize it's not an obligation to stab him but it would be nice to get that extra murmur from other's liches too. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KatiSavo said:

I do understand the extra spawns but what I'm taking about is when they don't just wait a bit and then stab, rather they just don't want to stab at all. I do realize it's not an obligation to stab him but it would be nice to get that extra murmur from other's liches too. 

So you basically want their stab murmur.

It's totally up to the person if they want to stab it and if you want your lich to spawn you can down it 3 times and that person's lich will go away

25 minutes ago, (PS4)KatiSavo said:

You know when your kuva lich spawns in a lich mission and you can knock him on His knees and test your mods so you can eventually defeat him completely? What I'm wondering is when he does spawn for some players they decide not to stab him at all, they'd rather kneel him 3 times so he leaves or they just ignore him altogether. Their gear is clearly good enough to handle a rank 5 lich so it's not about it being too difficult. Why does someone choose not to stab him since stabbing gives you kuva and murmur, quickening the entire process so much? This has been bothering me for quite a while now and those types of players who do this never seem to have an answer if I kindly ask. If anyone has any idea behind their thinking I'd appreciate if you'd let me know. 

I KNOW RIGHT!

It's like they just want to extend their murmur farm and suffer.
And also prevent everyone else's lich spawning in the meantime.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)KatiSavo said:

What I'm wondering is when he does spawn for some players they decide not to stab him at all, they'd rather kneel him 3 times so he leaves 

Because I'm trying to farm more Thralls. A mission by default only has about ten Thralls, and a Lich can convert ten more Thralls per mission. And these limits are independent of one another, so I get double the Thralls per mission 

You might ask me to stab him after that @DragoonStorm1, but no. If I don't stab him after that, his anger doesn't reset, so he shows up next mission to convert ten more enemies to Thralls. So that's 40 Thralls in the same time you would have only gotten 20

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Because I'm trying to farm more Thralls. A mission by default only has about ten Thralls, and a Lich can convert ten more Thralls per mission. And these limits are independent of one another, so I get double the Thralls per mission 

You might ask me to stab him after that @DragoonStorm1, but no. If I don't stab him after that, his anger doesn't reset, so he shows up next mission to convert ten more enemies to Thralls. So that's 40 Thralls in the same time you would have only gotten 20

overall the time is longer
just stab and you get 10 thralls' worth of murmurs

speedrun the lich to lvl 5 max anger, and yer set for life, and in the meantime have saved on multiple sets of wait timers, faster missions (and have completed more NUMBER of missions, and hence faster +10 thralls per mission), and most importantly, more cancelled mods.

The brute force method can result in incredibly fast liches,especially if you play the guessing game well, and focus on cancelling things out.

23 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

if i not knwo one symbol yet i not try it, simple as that, why should i make it harder on purpose for 10x more Murmur which equals one more mission, wow, what time saver.

1) lucky guesses happen.  With only 8 mods total they happen a lot more often than you'd think.  Skipping one entire murmur farm is real nice.

2) the anger meter is an annoying mechanic.  The sooner you get the lich to rank 5 so that anger never resets the better.

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Interesting... I hadn't even thought about it like that. Thank for the answer. 

2 minutes ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

speedrun the lich to lvl 5 max anger, and yer set for life, and in the meantime have saved on multiple sets of wait timers, faster missions, and most importantly, more cancelled mods.

The brute force method can result in incredibly fast liches,especially if you play the guessing game well, and focus on cancelling things out.

This is only true if you get a steady supply of Survival and Excavation missions. If you're cursed like me and your Lich only takes over four nodes at rank 1, and four more nodes at rank 2, your method is far slower

5 minutes ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

speedrun the lich to lvl 5 max anger, and yer set for life, and in the meantime have saved on multiple sets of wait timers, faster missions, and most importantly, more cancelled mods.

This is how I've always gone at it. But now I understand there's also a other method. 

I mean there was this one situation where I only needed two more Thrawls to get the Last Murumur... I knew exactly what the Order of the mods was going to be should I get it but just needed to discover what the final mod was... and because Lich Spawns based on RNG I didnt want him to spawn now only for him to not spawn Later... which just makes the whole process take longer.... Thats one Scenario where you might not want to Stab Your lich...

Not really sure how that Affects Anger but since Stabbing them doesnt make them Angrier then its better to not do that... 

60+ liches disclaimer

Reasons i always stab? 

Murmurs 

Chance to get one two or all three right potentially saving me hours of grind. 

So that the lich spreads: im not a fan of defence or interception and i cant stand when the only lich missions i have left on a planet, especially the first lich territory, end up as defense or intercept or even spy. I want them to spread so that when im trying to summon them i dont have to sit in those missions for longer than five minutes. Ill follow the lich around the star chart. 

Variety 

The loss of items from all the different planets doesnt bother me. 

9 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

Because they don't want to. There's really nothing more you need to know than that. Stop trying to analyze and change every person you meet or game with and you'll be a lot happier person.

I most certainly didn't mean my post in any kind of offensive way. If it seemed like that I'm sorry. I was merely trying to gain insight on other player's thought process. 

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I mean there was this one situation where I only needed two more Thrawls to get the Last Murumur... I knew exactly what the Order of the mods was going to be should I get it but just needed to discover what the final mod was... and because Lich Spawns based on RNG I didnt want him to spawn now only for him to not spawn Later... which just makes the whole process take longer.... Thats one Scenario where you might not want to Stab Your lich...

Not really sure how that Affects Anger but since Stabbing them doesnt make them Angrier then its better to not do that... 

Very good point. 

You do realize making the lich harder to kill is essentially you just shooting yourself in the foot, right?

55 minutes ago, (PS4)KatiSavo said:

Their gear is clearly good enough to handle a rank 5 lich so it's not about it being too difficult.

Maybe you were lucky enough to queue up with people with the right setup, but in my experience there are FAR MORE people on Lich-controlled nodes getting downed left and right by their level 5 lich, and I'm just wondering why the fvck they fed their lich to that point if they couldn't handle it? Like bro, stop making it harder for them to deal with their liches and stop making the missions harder for us who are able to take them down. Why take them down at Rank 5 when you can take them down at Rank 2-3?

Even with a Reactive Storm Baruuk, killing a Rank 5 Lich is still very tedious. Put two Rank 5 Liches together, and you just got yourself a circus shltshow. Why should I be responsible for a Rank 5 Lich that doesn't belong to me?

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

If the lich was already rank 5 it wouldn't matter.  You'd get your 2 murmers (10 actually) and not make him any less angry.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Agent_CHAR:

2) the anger meter is an annoying mechanic.  The sooner you get the lich to rank 5 so that anger never resets the better.

Not really, because on a stab it resets, having to start new, this way if i leave it i get a symbol, can try it right away then without having to wait.

Archived