Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Steel Essence Per Mission Rate

Traumtulpe

I've found a good tile setup on Assur Uranus (wanted Poly) and did several runs there solo:

1st run:

60min: 12 Steel

120min: 40 Steel

Bad run thanks to having a bad neighbouring tile on a good tile

2nd run:

30min: 8 Steel

60min: 24 Steel

120min: 84 Steel

150min: 110 Steel

180min: 134 Steel

Best run so far, not sure what exactly caused this

3rd run:

60min: 34 Steel

120min: 74 Steel

180min: 110 Steel

I broke my record for oberon parts and riven slivers on this 😕

All runs were done solo, with both resource boosters (read the drop chance one does nothing, but I haven't confirmed it myself) and a smeeta kavat which only rarely buffed my drops when there were any cubes around.

1 hour ago, BDMblue said:

This is kinda a red haring. If you do a single long survival you can get 100 in about 1:45.

No. The point of this threat is that you get NOTHING from playing trough the Steel Path. There is no point at all in completing all the missions (aside from mastery). As it stands now, DE may as well have released 4 different survival missions (one for each faction) and called it Steel Path.

If you want Steel Essence, you need to do at least a 1h mission - or you are wasting your time.

Also, you do NOT get 100 Steel Essence in 1:45, unless you have a booster AND are in a meta farm group. Which means "playing" semi afk like a bot - or indeed using a script, I suppose. Riveting gameplay, and enjoy your tradeban.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Traumtulpe:

Also, you do NOT get 100 Steel Essence in 1:45, unless you have a booster AND are in a meta farm group. Which means "playing" semi afk like a bot - or indeed using a script, I suppose. Riveting gameplay, and enjoy your tradeban.

solo no problem, resource booster yes you need

in my first runs i dont get a trade ban,

1 hour ago, Bademeister44 said:

solo no problem, resource booster yes you need

nJeEbPN.png

That's roughly 1:45. Nowhere near 100 Steel Essence. Maybe you camped with Khora and waited for a cat proc to pick everything up (Steel Essences don't disappear, do they?).

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Traumtulpe:

nJeEbPN.png

That's roughly 1:45. Nowhere near 100 Steel Essence. Maybe you camped with Khora and waited for a cat proc to pick everything up (Steel Essences don't disappear, do they?).

Not sure. Someone once said when there are too many vitus' lying around no new ones will spawn maybe that applies to steel essence too.

The only instance where ive seen vitus' despawn was when Captain vor spawned. He actually made all of them go away. And vitus' and steel essence seem really similar.

I posted a ss where I got 45 in 1:30 and I was a Nekros as a 4 man squad. No way u can get 150/1:45h. Maybe if u play for 3h+ and calculate the average but that's not the same thing. 

Imo steel essence farm is boring because it only starts at min 50. Why do we have to do nothing for 50min???

35 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

(Steel Essences don't disappear, do they?).

I was too greedy to try it out with Steel, but Riven Slivers do disappear after a couple of minutes, I assume it's related to spawning a ton of "normal" resources and eventually the game deleting it to avoid having too many items out at once.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Traumtulpe:

nJeEbPN.png

unknown.png

this was one of my 1:45 runs   / but i make no full image

but here is full image

unknown.png

Killcount reset at 65535

24 steel essence on Mercury - Appolodorus (survival) after 60 minutes.

First 30-40 minutes I get just a couple of them, but after that, there is always drop of 2 SE each 5 minutes.

And I also get some more along the way.

solo Khora + booster

So just to clarify something...

If I wanna get the cosmetics for my operator (a "Steel Path" reward), the best way of doing so is to farm standard Mot for 2-3 hours? I guess completing Steel Path is really only for MR then?

Or does it have to be Steel Path Mot?

Isn't this way of acquiring Steel Essence exactly what Scott didn't want lol? Do they even bother thinking/testing before releasing something?

6 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

So just to clarify something...

If I wanna get the cosmetics for my operator (a "Steel Path" reward), the best way of doing so is to farm standard Mot for 2-3 hours? I guess completing Steel Path is really only for MR then?

Isn't this way of acquiring Steel Essence exactly what Scott didn't want lol? Do they even bother thinking/testing before releasing something?

The Steel Essence only drop from eximus enemies in the Steel Path mode, even sensor regulator eximus from spy vaults drop it, the most safe way to get the essence is killing Steel Path Eidolon Teralyst.

other thing to consider if you are planning to do endless missions in the current state of the game is that loot frames and the blue booster don't work, so you only need to find the most obscene and meta build you can get because the only thing that matter is kills per second or kills per minute, the most kill you get the most chance you get for this resource to drop. if you can bring a smeeta or get a resource booster (orange) will be better

19 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Exactly, any Steel Path endless mission will do (Survival is the logical conclusion, since you want to kill as fast as possible anyway).

Archived