Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth is not going to fix the problem they think it will fix.

Kconvey

This is not going to fix the problem DE thinks its going to fix. Right now the biggest problem with new players isnt a poor tutorial though that is a problem. Its dead nodes, its nodes new and sometimes even returning or vet players need to do that are essentially dead, and no one goes there anymore.

Forcing players to refarm frames will pack the nodes till about the end of september, so any new players or returning players who need to get their frames before then, wonderful, awesome all that.. and then.. after... back to being empty dead wastelands that no one does.

Steel path makes this worse by a truckload as it essentially splits the playerbase. 

Im not sure what will fix this, team bots, cross play... but this.. is not going to fix this problem except in the very short term.

I'm not going to be farming most non primes as I've kept most of my old non prime frames (deleted a few for slots though) already....

To be honest, until we get a list of the abilities which will be made available all I saw with the helminth room was a resource sink and/or grind depending on resources and 'levels' we had to work though on the assumption one of the available abilities will be compatible with the frame we want to use it on.....

I don't think they're trying to fix matchmaking with this. More like they're trying to justify the existence of non-primes, because lately people have been wondering what the point of getting a non-prime is when a prime will be coming in the future and all that forma-ing and investment will become null and void. Well now people have a reason to farm non-primes and not feel like their investment is voided after all.

15 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

This is not going to fix the problem DE thinks its going to fix. Right now the biggest problem with new players isnt a poor tutorial though that is a problem. Its dead nodes, its nodes new and sometimes even returning or vet players need to do that are essentially dead, and no one goes there anymore.

Forcing players to refarm frames will pack the nodes till about the end of september, so any new players or returning players who need to get their frames before then, wonderful, awesome all that.. and then.. after... back to being empty dead wastelands that no one does.

Steel path makes this worse by a truckload as it essentially splits the playerbase. 

Im not sure what will fix this, team bots, cross play... but this.. is not going to fix this problem except in the very short term.

I don't think that DE intended to fix the thing you think that they tried to fix with the system.

Its more likely a bandaid to the problem of useless abilities that now can get replaced without the need to rework the entire frame.

1 minute ago, Nesodos said:

I don't think that DE intended to fix the thing you think that they tried to fix with the system.

Its more likely a bandaid to the problem of useless abilities that now can get replaced without the need to rework the entire frame.

The broken matchmaking even on pc which is their biggest platform is a problem.

But this is also going to showcase the broken RNG

21 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'm not going to be farming most non primes as I've kept most of my old non prime frames (deleted a few for slots though) already....

To be honest, until we get a list of the abilities which will be made available all I saw with the helminth room was a resource sink and/or grind depending on resources and 'levels' we had to work though on the assumption one of the available abilities will be compatible with the frame we want to use it on.....

its not even a cyclical resource sink, its a 1 and done system, surprised they gave up the chance for more grind.

It isn't exactly aimed for new players. The Helminth room requires the completion of Glast Gambit, which requires the completion of The War Within which requires that you have Sedna junction done. That's a large part of the star chart already completed. The Helminth room has nothing to do with the improved new player experience they briefly mentioned during the livestream.

35 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

It really doesn't make any difference, because Steel Path is pretty dead, and those players who have it unlocked wouldn't complete random missions anyway to help out noobs.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

My concern is them using Helminth as an excuse to not do reworks in a timely manner. Without signature skills or ultimates being eligible you're just going to be replacing the worst ability on your frame with the worst ability from another frame. 

I don't see the problem with that honestly. I'd rather be able to switch out an ability than wait for them to get to a rework. 

5 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't see the problem with that honestly. I'd rather be able to switch out an ability than wait for them to get to a rework. 

But that's just a bandaid, like many augments. It doesn't fix the mess, it just shuffles the dirt somewhere else. 

How will replacing Shock with Soul Punch make Volt any better? Or replacing Molt with Sonic Boom? Most non signature, non ultimate abilities will be side-grades so the system is far more limiting than it actually seems. It's likely every frame will be running around with the same handful of eligible replacements like Smoke Screen, for example, assuming Shuriken isn't the ability he can donate. 

22 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

I see that not even OP himself know what they want to fix with this.

Yeah I dont know what fixes this, could try cross play, could try npc helper bots. But there is no point redoing the new player experience just to stick them trying to solo dead nodes that arent meant to be played solo.

A friend asked me a few weeks ago if they should play this game, I told them its really really fun, but the new player experience is going to drive you mad, now I would tell them. You have a one time chance to get established in this game right after the launch of Heart of Deimos, miss that and dont bother starting till they fix the dead node problem.

i don't think it's intended to fix anything. just to come up with a reason to grind for Warframe Parts more than once, and in turn some people spending Plat to skip the acquisition and Crafting process.

remember, actions speak louder than words.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

But that's just a bandaid, like many augments. It doesn't fix the mess, it just shuffles the dirt somewhere else. 

How will replacing Shock with Soul Punch make Volt any better? Or replacing Molt with Sonic Boom? Most non signature, non ultimate abilities will be side-grades so the system is far more limiting than it actually seems. It's likely every frame will be running around with the same handful of eligible replacements like Smoke Screen, for example, assuming Shuriken isn't the ability he can donate. 

I'm still not seeing the problem. If I want to replace shock..I can. Awesome. 

How are you complaining? Give me a break with the whole "bandaid" buzzword nonsense. Some frames have abilities that aren't popular. This system allows us to change it to something more suited to your taste. What's there not to like? 

Or would you rather worry about frames having an ability you don't like? I don't get it. Theres 30+ frames in this game, there's bound to be a few that went have 4 amazing abilities. This gives us a chance to change that. 

13 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Yeah I dont know what fixes this, could try cross play, could try npc helper bots. But there is no point redoing the new player experience just to stick them trying to solo dead nodes that arent meant to be played solo.

A friend asked me a few weeks ago if they should play this game, I told them its really really fun, but the new player experience is going to drive you mad, now I would tell them. You have a one time chance to get established in this game right after the launch of Heart of Deimos, miss that and dont bother starting till they fix the dead node problem.

Maybe you're a bit confused. Helminth isn't the New Player Experience. It was never said to be the New Player Experience. It's entirely separate from the New Player Experience. All the New Player Experience is is DE changing the starting mission of the game to more closely match the cinematic trailer they debuted last year. That's it. Helminth is entirely separate from that.

/thread

26 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i don't think it's intended to fix anything. just to come up with a reason to grind for Warframe Parts more than once, and in turn some people spending Plat to skip the acquisition and Crafting process.

Yeah I saw that as well.... the parent company is in deep financial doo doo. So not surprised.

25 minutes ago, taiiat said:

I'm wondering what matchmaking has anything to do with this as well.

Its like being concerned about the light bill when you are buying things to clean the house.

18 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I'm wondering what matchmaking has anything to do with this as well.

Its like being concerned about the light bill when you are buying things to clean the house.

This is coming in with the new player patch and the single biggest issue for new players is going to fight bosses for frames and finding those nodes empty, and having to solo bosses, even with multiple prime frames and fully modded, some of them are STILL hard or darn near impossible solo.

This will fix that problem for about a month maybe a bit more... then its going to go right back into the toilet.

13 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

This is coming in with the new player patch and the single biggest issue for new players is going to fight bosses for frames and finding those nodes empty, and having to solo bosses, even with multiple prime frames and fully modded, some of them are STILL hard or darn near impossible solo.

This will fix that problem for about a month maybe a bit more... then its going to go right back into the toilet.

I repeat what I said.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

I repeat what I said.

And so do I

Whats the point of fixing the new player tutorial if the new players are still going to quit once they cant get a team to get new frames? Helmith is clearly an attempt at that, just a very bad one.

51 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

"bandaid" buzzword nonsense. 

Call it what you want, it doesn't change the fact that it is a flashy distraction that doesn't fix the issue. It's a bandaid.

51 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

aren't popular

*aren't useful

52 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Or would you rather worry about frames having an ability you don't like? I don't get it. Theres 30+ frames in this game, there's bound to be a few that went have 4 amazing abilities. This gives us a chance to change that. 

As i said before, the issue is that in many cases your options are going to be replacing an ability that is a waste of energy with another ability that is a waste of energy. *Niche* abilities shouldn't exist, they should all have practical purpose in almost every mission beyond the starter planets. 

My whole point is that those abilities should be looked at again with this update rather than it being used to justify not reworking them in the first place. Then it really will become a system based on customization rather than the necessity to replace a useless ability that was literally designed for it to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Ver1dian said:

What in the high heavens does helmith have anything to do with the problem you stated?

By making players farm frames all over again, its clearly an attempt to fill those nodes with players.... so new players coming in with the new player experience finds boss nodes with like actual players.

3 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

By making players farm frames all over again, its clearly an attempt to fill those nodes with players.... so new players coming in with the new player experience finds boss nodes with like actual players.

I doubt older players farming parts would run a public mission unless they want to flex. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I doubt older players farming parts would run a public mission unless they want to flex. 

I was already farming Ash and Nidus and IM seeing A LOT more players since yesterday. Im returning and mid tier, not new and not super vet either. So its nice to do missions public, and especially the gauss mission, there were alot of very high level vets running it.

Archived