Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mission end screen / Opinions ?

Birk.Borkason

To start, I think  I already miss to see the other players´ equipment. I learned a lot from just looking at that and especially for the new players it is good to see, what warframe was that, what equipment/auras for certain mission types etc.. I know I could still take a look during the mission, but then I actually want to play the mission, so maybe just take it away from there and back into the end of mission screen. Ty.

Also the order of "importance" - hmm, so an iron phoenix mod is less important than pressure point or credits ? I don´t know.  And what is more important: Tellurium, Argon, Rare mod, blueprint ?

I would say it depends on what you need.

I prefer the old screen. Could we get an individual choice ?

Reminds me of Diablo 2 and 3. Sometimes it was better before.

P.S.

Thx for my favourite game and all your work !

The only thing I like from the new ui is "more responsive and doesn't cause a full refresh"

1. most kills/ most pickups <--- all these are useless info to me but they decided to deserve a large space for them, old ui is better
2. weapons affinity gain <--- missing from new one, old ui is better
3. resources gain <--- wasting so much spaces to put big icons..... it may look good for first few times, but it is wasting a lot of spaces again <--- old ui is better
4. they decide syndicate gain is very important (zzzz) <--- old ui is better
5. they decide focus gain is very important (only specific run is important, most of the times, the gain is negligible) <--- old ui is better
6. half screen not used <--- old ui is better

old ui is better when it comes to farming, it tells players what they need to know immediately... 

Please don't force the handheld UI port on PC users.

I understand you might not want a legacy end of mission because additional resources required to maintain but,

The formatting is all over the place and for example the stats text is WAY TOO LARGE. it's now 10mm tall on my screen, but then I have to scroll down AFTER clicking the tab to see. The amount of resources should be clear and easy to understand but now you have to dart eyes up down left right looking for the resource/mod/other your interested in. Ferrite is now more important than Void traces? No its just earlier in the alphabet. You know why good signs use capital AND lower case letters in neat clear rows? Because we read the shape of words not each letter. Or why dials with pointers are read MUCH faster than digital displays? Or why sans comic is so frowned upon? Please for the love of whatever god you believe in (or not) either tidy this up or let me use the old UI. And where has the colour coding gone? Conditional formatting is also widely used with good reason. It draws you in at a glance. I have to hover to see loadouts and equipment now, Stats are hidden, etc...

The highlights (most damage for example) should be relevant to the mission your on if possible and at least correct. So far I got 7 bosses killed on an single hyena assassination mission, zero damage taken (even though I open all 3 vaults (lazy teammates) on a spy mission, most containers opened on a mobile defense (limbo broke them?) I didnt open any, highest dmg on another spy mission, 821% accuracy (eight hundred and twenty one, how?).

Wasting in my opinion half the screen to see my own frame and at least one who is showing their back to me is purposeless. IF you insist on filling it then do something with it. IDK allow appearance loadouts to be copied with a single click (I don't endorse this option btw).

If I want to see how the split for affinity gain, I can no longer do this. I get it is clearer to see the total but understanding why is a portion of the battle in warframe.

I can't leave the group and the end of the mission screen and then click repeat? Now i have to wait for the music spamming to leave the mission end screen then click leave group then ESC then click last mission results so I can click repeat mission. 2 clicks became 5? Similarly I can't click the profile of another player, I can only hover to see there equipment.

Also, I'm gonna say this about some of the OTHER screens and UI. The 'foil' designs of the railjack (avionics) and nightwave are aesthetically very pleasing (some of them are simply beautiful) but they suffer to a greater or lesser extent to being obtuse depending on how commonly you see and 'read' them. The thing about logo's is if you don't see one very often (and there are many that are initially VERY similar), you end up having to reference something else to understand and you spend more time translating the info your presented instead of understanding the info your presented and acting on it. I'm gonna bet that the vast majority have to hover over nightwave foils to read them and if they weren't there on railjack you'd be doing the same.

I also recommend:

30 minutes ago, _BClong_ said:

I don't know why he uses such a big place to show resources, they are just numbers

with pictures. Useless UI 😞

that if you haven't already then turn on this:

Menu > Options > Interface > Item Labels > Tick

This is what they showed back in January.

b25e3cfd2b562d17ab311ec8cba22780.png

In this thread: 

After numerous opinions and complains about it they've said they would take all of that into consideration... which we now see was a lie because it's literally the same thing.

I think it's horrible, it looks bad, it takes half the screen when it doesn't need to, it just feels bad. I made some mockups in that thread I linked and other people did too, any of those would have been better than this. This thing looks bad and it's bad.

Honestly one of the biggest problems I have with it is that is a completely separate screen and doesn't flow like the old one did.

The old one once you got into your orbiter you were standing behind it and once you closed the mission summery it just moved the camera to its normal position. This new one feels like some random popup showed up on my desktop that minimized the game, so now I have to close it before I can get back into the game.

If the UI just dissolved revealing your warframe like the old one did Id like it much better since I don't really care about who killed what and how much damage someone took.

"I'm used to things. Don't change them into things that are different."

It's not perfect, but IMO certainly a more attractive presentation. And it's technically just as informative as before. I know the XP I gained and I know my loot. That's literally ALL I need or want to know after a mission.

I really hate how the new UI spreads out information twice for no reason - first by splitting it between two tabs, and then by making the stats chart a lot larger, with larger fonts, more spacing and with no highlights, so you can't really catch anything at a glance. The default font color even kind of blends with the background. If I was in charge, I'd have whomever designed the new UI fired.

And by "fired" I mean "fired into the sun".

5 hours ago, LeaserResael said:

This is what they showed back in January.

b25e3cfd2b562d17ab311ec8cba22780.png

In this thread: 

After numerous opinions and complains about it they've said they would take all of that into consideration... which we now see was a lie because it's literally the same thing.

I think it's horrible, it looks bad, it takes half the screen when it doesn't need to, it just feels bad. I made some mockups in that thread I linked and other people did too, any of those would have been better than this. This thing looks bad and it's bad.

Oh my I think that’s a huge improvement over the old ui but that is just my veiw.

I like it more since now not every info is there on that tiny window.

When I wanted to see the resources I got I usually had to scroll down miles. Well now I can just extend the window and that's not a problem.

The stats were pretty much useless and are useless in most cases. Since It's nothing but ego boost for min-maxing players who get very angry when they are not the best damage dealers.

Don’t force me to let people steal my look. It takes time man. You make a look looks good then enter a level lighting changes and looks like piss try it again. Then again and again and again no no they want it they have to suffer too. 

7 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Oh my I think that’s a huge improvement over the old ui but that is just my veiw.

Thats not what it currently is, here is a current example (equinox theme)

5FDC448BD6BDBDAF9EE5C1C56BAF11577B61927B

I personally feel its having a lot of wasted space as compared to the older UI.

And since it covers more than half the frame (some of my agile animation frames are not even visible) it doesnt even have that "look at my awesome fashion" bonus (some frames were backwards too).

The "Medal" doesn't really say much either and is utterly pointless - why does it matter how much damage one does in spy missions? should it not be more concerned on how long it took me to finish a vault? *that may not be a UI problem , but why add useless info , stats page is already filled with it)

the right side with the resources is what i feel is good as information but what is "importance" who decides a lith relic is more important than rare mods? i legit have an extra frame part cause it was pushed to the bottom of the page and i didnt notice until i went to check my inventory - though that is kinda on me.

Affinity gain is taking too much space and is mostly useless affinity will always have a limit on what to show while loot can be a very very long list and deserves more space,

Stats are behind a  different page and are pretty much the same,

And it "takes you away" from the flow as well by which i mean that earlier the UI was just a layer on your existing background , now it is its own opaque window

I do not think its an improvement overall- just to some aspects - and thats not just the resistance to change , its more about "this feels unnecessary ".

I think people are overreacting on this. I like how multiple tabs are condensed in just a functional semi screen showing all the items and stats increased. Sure, some little adjustment can be made, as for the order of importance and some other info, but at the end of the day, I would say I like it.

Le 13/08/2020 à 07:55, katsukilove a dit :

2. weapons affinity gain <--- missing from new one, old ui is better

The game DOES tell you the affinity gain. The weapon/warframe needs to be under rank 30 or else it won't appear. That makes sense because there is really no point on seeing rank 30 weapons because they don't gain affinity.

It even tells you the affinity gain from focus as a summation. If you have vazarin installed on 2 items, it will show the total vazarin affinity gained from two of them.

Archived