Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

Cambion Drift is definitely my favorite open-world area. It's just the right size, the art is fantastic, I love the little extra touches like the little mini-event shrines, and for the most part the enemies look and feel like some of the best new additions we've gotten in a long time. I think the token system is actually pretty fun, although it maybe needs some fine-tuning - I like that it adds some variety to the turn-ins, pushes me to maybe go hunt for a specific resource for a few minutes to finish off a valuable turn-in I have everything else for, and means that I don't feel like I'm wasting my time if I'm already reputation capped for the day.

But it is really frustrating how the game receives QoL changes and balancing like in Warframe Revised, then, just a couple of updates later, introduces a bunch of things that contradict or ignore those very same changes. I really hope some of this new stuff can be brought in line with those changes.

Status immunity was lame, so Warframe Revised largely eliminated it. And that was a great change. And yet, here we are, with totally inexplicable immunity to what is probably the most popular status, Viral. And not even on bosses - on a bunch of regular enemies that are constantly spawning during regular missions. And on normal enemy armor types, with no special mention of immunity in the codex - armor types that aren't normally immune to Viral, so not only is it breaking the expectations created by the status rework, it's also breaking expectations of anyone who's taken the time to understand the game's enemy armor types. Could viral please be made to work on the new enemies? If it's too powerful, nerf it in general? Or at the very least, give them a new type of armor that specifies that they're immune to viral.

Extraction on endless missions was an issue, and the fix for it was fantastic. People who didn't want to leave/stay were no longer holding each other hostage or ruining the plans of anyone else. Yet here we are, with new endless bounties where you can't extract without the whole squad. Can we please get solo extraction in the endless Cambion Drift bounties?

Conservation was supposed to be a side activity, and with largely cosmetic rewards. Yet here we are - it's required to rank up, and in a syndicate that gates a huge gameplay system, and you don't even get the cosmetic rewards because you have to spend the currency for them for the rank-up instead! Can we please get rid of required conservation, or perhaps give an alternate way to earn Son tokens (perhaps Grandmother could allow us to trade token types for others and not just her own)?

Random groups for casual Eidolon hunting were a pain, with people going into the mission with different expectations or without understanding the progression through all three eidolons, so we got bounties specifically to do just the one teralyst or all three, and that largely solved the problems. Yet here we are with the exact same situation with the vaults, yet we only have a single bounty, and the fact that you could do more than one or how you would do more than one is even more poorly signalled. Can we please get a specific bounty for doing all three vaults? It is also not really clear to me why the actual vault appears as a merely optional part of these missions. Perhaps I'm missing something, but that seems to only add to the confusion, without much point (except maybe that you need to have finished War Within to do the vault, but maybe the vault bounties just shouldn't be available to people who haven't completed that?).

And one final thing - as with Earth's cycle and to a lesser extent Venus's cycle, there are important reasons to know the timing of the cycle. You want to start eidolons with enough time to finish, and now you want to start vaults with enough time to finish. We get those timings added to the Orbiter and in the corner on the special map in the open world, but if you're waiting in the associated hubs like the Necralisk, you can't tell nearly as easily. Could we please get a clear UI indicator of which phase we're in and how much time is left added to the map or the menu when we're in the hubs associated with each open world area?

loving the new stuff on here looks are amazing really upset doing same missions for chassis 22 times so far now gave up .so still hard to get uncommon warframe parts when you got all the rest of the bits there's always one bit that you can never get😢 ,so i done every mission on this game loved the past few years off playing but think its my time to just give up .but loved all the planets the effects the nightwaves everything about this game 

Bountys rewarding tokens so you can hand them in for standing when you need to instead of missing out when cap is reached/not feeling like doing bountys a day: Good.

Adding tokens as a pain in the ass thing to trade for with x amount of impossible to pronounce long name stuff: very, very bad. Mining and father tokens are not as bad as they at least have some easy turn ins but the son and daughter ones are horrible and even if you go fishing for a while it's not sure if you got all the things needed for even a single token! those two really should have some easy turnins too like the other two.
!!!!!!!!!!!And it was dreadful with the dept bonds vendor in Fortuna and it's horrible here too, just add a damn "highlight Tradeable" toggle at the bottom similar to the "hide owned" option for those vendors since it's a pain to mouseover all of them and so much disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the corpus sample guy always uploads 19 of 25 then leaves so it's impossible to get bonus for that random bounty stage, So far i haven't seen him upload less or more.

Please add some buyable upgrades for the Tranquilizer, like how we got upgrades for the Mining Laser. Can't believe it hasn't been done already, but something to make tracking through the scope easier, like maybe making the left and right chevron in the scope actually blink to show direction of the animal, this is mainly for finding them in the wild without echo luring, would be super nice.

Edit: To be honest. I've done a Few Echo Lures. Then I realized there are pack spawns. Because Echo Lures seem to only bring in 1 of any creature, why even do them when it's easier to just fly around and find them in packs left and right, but that's a little hard too, because while you can find an animal almost anywhere, the Tranq Scope only beeps for animals you can tranq for conservation, the catch is, it beeps for 360 degrees, and it's kinda fun to just scan around with the tranq scope than it is doing echo lure. But it's so dam hard to find a Tiny Creature with the tiniest signature that can spawn so far away from you, still pinging your scope from the max distance away.

Some Tranq upgrades through Sun would be nice. Some like:
Instant Traqulizer: Knocks them out in one dart for some of the hardier ones.
Lighter Darts: reduces the arc of the ammunition by like 30-50%
Enhanced Scope: Makes the HUD of the scope actually aid in tracking, the left and right chevron could be complimented with a top and bottom one too, that blink to show direction of the target from a standing position only.

Stuff like that would be sooo neat.

Right now progression system on Heart Of Deimos is highly flawed, on rank 3, you need one Medjay Predasite, and spawn chance of Medjay version is highy randomized, which means, in theory, you can farm for animals for weeks or even months and not get one of them. And you need to get one to be able to get the helmith system. I understand that they had to make it a little harder for people, but putting RNG without any options to trade tags or anything like that, is total and utter nonsense. This system need adjusments pronto. Any RNG based progression system is either made for Pay-To-Win(which in this case, there isnt even an option for paying) or made by someone who knows nothing about how progression systems should work and has no care for their player base and is not a player of their own game. Please fix this problems DE. I still have my faith in you

Squishy caster warframes are once again absolutely useless against Necramechs in the Isolation Vault bounties. They can do absolutely nothing to stay alive because powers have diminishing effects on those enemies. Can you please stop enforcing the big damage buff and tank warframe meta which is already overly preset in the game? My Mag and Nova are crying in the corner.

33 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Squishy caster warframes are once again absolutely useless against Necramechs in the Isolation Vault bounties. They can do absolutely nothing to stay alive because powers have diminishing effects on those enemies. Can you please stop enforcing the big damage buff and tank warframe meta which is already overly preset in the game? My Mag and Nova are crying in the corner.

I main tank, and I 100% agree that this is one of the biggest problems of Warframe. There is exactly zero middle ground between "I can do this all day" and "instantly killed while you blinked" in serious play. Easy solutions would be to put clear hard cap on enemy damage per second instead of scaling, and/or some sort of real post-hit invulnerability windows. Then you could start adjusting powers more properly once a certain baseline of player durability has been established as ironclad.

Overall it's intrinsically tied to the fundamental problem caused by the existence of the mod system, because it allows for exponential levels of possible variability in player effectiveness purely from mods. This in turn causes enemy scaling that has constant pressure to be equally out of whack, which in turn results on even more emphasis on just the meta options for everything.

Remove: Defend the area

fix the spawn rate of enemies. im so tired of enemies spawning and then being unalerted or enemies spawning outside of objective areas. i did the endless excavation and was sitting at an unpowered one for 5 min before anything tried spawning. what is the issue with you guys and enemy spawn mechanic?

Edit: objective areas need to scale in size depending on player count. its time to move away from this dreadful 1 size fits all style (because it doesnt).

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

completely agree. though octavia makes this fight into nothing. one should not have to be forced to circumvent bad mechanics. 

The birds are very annoying to get, they're spawn points are buggy and don't always spawn footprints, they sometimes spawn inside trees, and they are very annoying to hunt in the best of circumstances.

The fact that you need velocipod tags for the helminth system is annoying as it is, but it absolutely needs to have a lure if its going to be needed for such an important system. Either remove the requirement, or give it a lure.

The scientist activity is not balanced for large numbers of players, and can never fully upload his samples.

Playing in Deimos in solo mode can be miserable for certain mission types. The spawn rates are so low in solo mode that an individual mission type can take 5-10 minutes, which is absurd. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a balance mistake, but either way it needs to be fixed. I've noticed this specifically with the toxic vault section, the scientist activity, the summon apex predator, basically all the ones that require you to kill things for random drops.

I had a suggestion for Conservation:

I did several hours worth of open world conservation based stuff yesterday. I have some feedback about all of this as a whole, but I want to specifically talk about a system of Conservation that isn't being used: I realized that since you don't get standing as you previously did in Fortuna and Cetus, the Bad, Good, Perfect ratings currently don't do anything in Deimos other than give you a score for capturing them. Now, giving Deimos standing in Conservation would contradict the token system. And giving tokens for each catch based on the rating would be too easily exploitable.

So I think what would be a good middleground is the game rating how you did in your Conversations overall. This would be based on two factors: Total amount of captures and A total rating on how you performed catching all of them (Bad/Good/Perfect). The game at the end mission screen would give you a rating, which would give you X amount of tokens based on how you did.
For example:

Overall Bad: 1 Token
Overall Good: 2-3 Tokens
Overall Perfect: 4 Tokens

This would create the incentive to catch lots of the critters and to do it well! Since their current amount of Health is what gives you the rating, I would be more incentivized in quickly saving them or being more stealthy in capturing them when I'm tracking them (like Fortuna and Cetus when it comes to being stealthy). In addition, alleviate some of the frustration regarding getting Son Tokens because of the variant spawn rate critiques that is being talked about in the community. This would also mean that Son's tokens can continue to be obtained in a similar manner to Mothers; outside of the Assignments section and doesn't have a limit for a set amount of time. This could be good or bad depending on how the system is done. But also consider this:

Getting materials for Father is not too difficult. The ore and "fruit" are literally all over the place.
Daughter materials are much more obtainable now that the drop rates have been corrected for the fish.
Mother tokens just require you to do the bounties. Pretty simple and you get a good amount of them
All of the above materials for their Tokens and Blueprints can also be obtained in the vaults too (except for Mother, however, you do get tokens after completing the bounty). In addition to that, the materials can also be dropped from the canisters and alters.

You can't get Son materials/tags from the vaults, or any other means other than capturing the animals.

So far, the other systems (minus Mother and Grandmother) have a "You get them by doing X, but you can also get them by doing Y" except for Son. Having a method like this can create that Y for Son for what one of the end goals is in getting his materials/tag: The Tokens.

I hope I explained this well! I am loving the update alot and having a blast. The team did a really great job with all the stuff in it 🙂 .

1: I don't understand why after selecting a bounty in Necrolytic and exiting to Cambion Drift I'm never randomly grouped to a team, or neither people group with me later randomly, even though I'm set on public. Yesterday there were more than 100 open squads and I was solo all the time. Something is terribly wrong.

2: the enemies spawning is over the necessary. Sometimes you just want to go mining, or fishing, and you can't because you are always interrupted by a freaking one.

3: not to mention those "baloons" appearing all the time making more and more enemies appear together with those ones already spawning. Yeah, that could be interesting for a TEAM, not solo.

4: that freaking baby-alien that sticks on the head... 4 times in a row?! Really?

5: sudden death? What about all that "shield gate" thing that would "avoid sudden death"?

6: enemy range should be slightly decreased because we get shot everywhere and most of the times we don't know where is it coming from. It's not nive have to leave the spot you are to go on the other side of the map just to kill an enemy that is shooting at you from miles away.

7: why am I suddenly dying? Status effects are not appearing properly, I guess which makes it hard to guess how to defend myself, or which equipment should I use.

I think that Cambion Drift is great, but DE needs to balance it a little more, mainly for those ones playing solo (as I'm unnable to experience it with a team, I'm really just giving my personal impression about it). The map is more frustrating than an exciting roam. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AndriottiJunior said:

7: why am I suddenly dying? Status effects are not appearing properly, I guess which makes it hard to guess how to defend myself, or which equipment should I use.

this i think might be happening to you because the one infested with the many legs that looks like a tree shoots this nasty stacking dot. i do not go out there without rapid resilience. that dot is over the top.

Please, please, please fix these iso vault necramechs. I just spent half a freakin hour trying to kill one single T2 necramech. Because? Because it kept activating its lighting armor back to back without so much as a split second window to do anything; not to mention its buddy necromech that had its armor on for 10 minutes straight(got him eventually). So after I downed his buddy mech i had to run around for said half hour hoping that I could finally get a damn chance to fight back. And in the end it only took me less than a few seconds to kill him when he FINALLY decided to stop trolling me. 

Also necramechs for some reason, most of the time, have this bizarre effect whenever I go near them, where I am slowed into oblivion.

And please remove the damage reflect that its lighting armor gives. It is just completely excessive and unnecessary. It isnt fun blasting away with your archgun just to instantly die because it suddenly activated its lighting armor.

26 minutes ago, Eenbeen said:

Please, please, please fix these iso vault necramechs. I just spent half a freakin hour trying to kill one single T2 necramech. Because? Because it kept activating its lighting armor back to back without so much as a split second window to do anything; not to mention its buddy necromech that had its armor on for 10 minutes straight(got him eventually). So after I downed his buddy mech i had to run around for said half hour hoping that I could finally get a damn chance to fight back. And in the end it only took me less than a few seconds to kill him when he FINALLY decided to stop trolling me. 

Also necramechs for some reason, most of the time, have this bizarre effect whenever I go near them, where I am slowed into oblivion.

And please remove the damage reflect that its lighting armor gives. It is just completely excessive and unnecessary. It isnt fun blasting away with your archgun just to instantly die because it suddenly activated its lighting armor.

yup friendly necromechs are debuffing just like the enemy necromech. they disable powers and mess with transference.

So, I'm enjoying Heart of Deimos, despite there being a number of things that frustrate me as a player.

Things I like:

• Ranking up standing correlating to something in the plot of the Entrati Family (kind of like Orbis Vallis since it's pretty much the whole point of the syndicate here).
  • [Hot Take] I like that I'm kinda forced into learning about hunting is like. I ignored it for POE, tried it a little in Orbis Vallis, perfecting it in Deimos.
  • Necromechs were dope, I like the design and the story behind it and that you can essentially summon one to fight for you and grab the aggro from infested.
  • The standing coin system took me about 2 days to fully understand, but I'm still hesitant about the system. I rank it a 6/10 as a standing system because it requires a lot of effort just to understand, let alone, it felt like everything was pointing to "get as many grandma tokens as you can". Even though on my 3rd day, realizing that's not the case. (Still doing it anyway).
  • The Fass and Vome cycle is really cool, and the fact that you directly interact with it by picking up their parts on the map is great.

Things I don't like (please fix):

• DE, please, remove the glassmaker from open worlds or from people that already completed it, or even make it toggle-able. Me trying to focus on fishing, mining, or hunting, the glassmakers are distracting and annoying. I'm already rank 30 in the nightwave, and did all 3 scenarios. There isn't much I could do with the standing at this point.
  • Now that mining, fishing, and hunting are incentivized as more efficient with the new coin standing system. I don't feel like doing them as much because there's way too much aggro from enemies and enemies spawning out of nowhere and somehow alerting the entire vicinity of my existence. I have to go into caves tip toeing and praying there are no enemies so I can mine or fish in peace. Mining and fishing is a fun passive activity that I can just put on some music/videos/podcasts and get at it. Being stressed/pissed because infested are scaring the fish away or knocking you over mid-mining makes me want to blow my brains out. And you can forget about hunting lol AT THE VERY LEAST have a neat little mechanic influenced easter egg where Nidus can walk around and not attract aggro. Or to have some sort of device or "scent" that you can use to have them aware of you but not attack you (to discourage stealth kill farming). That way you can hunt, mine, or fish without gathering aggro.
  • Having different breed species for tags as a requirement for ranking up feels a little too much. It's hard enough to hunt as it is, let alone having to hunt a specific kind of species in order to rank up the syndicate. Just make it the breed (aka Predasite Tag instead of Medjay Predasite Tag).

Post Hotfix #2 feedback on activities....

MINING:

-Those ore spot highlights are a big help,  they are not very consistant tho.  Some boxes disappear if you move to much.  Some ore spots never get boxed.  But overall its much easier to find the spots and I hope it got applied to all open worlds. (not that the other places need it)

-Ore nodes and the drill points can still "spawn" in stupid spots.  I saw one that you couldnt even get to because it was under a drift zit

CONSERVATION:

-I have had cats and birds fall through the environment to disappear forever.  

-Velocipods dont get highlighted by the tranq gun..

-Velocipods sometimes explode after being tranqed??  It happens when they hit the ground, but it might also be from infested attacks ?? but not intended?? 

-The avichea poop spots are broken.  The ONE poop spot that spawns by the cerebrum terrain and has the callspot inside a cave spawns the bird crammed into the terrain above...   Other poop spots are inside caves but once you go inside the cave you see no poop marker.    In any event why do all the birds want to be echolured from inside stupid caves???  Also saw a poop spot on a trampoline spot, couldnt find or see the poop. 

-Several animals you see in the wild comes in 2-3.   When you do poop/lure method only one shows up...   This goes for every animal basically. Cats dogs, birds, ticks.

- When you guys please add a visual indicator to the tranq gun scope UI to indicate direction of animals..

FISHING:

-You fixed all the guts issues which is nice... 

-My only issue with fishing is just how slow the fish show up.   I see fish flying around all the time when im doing bounties or hunting or fighting infested...  The moment I pull out my spear and start fishing, they just stop spawning.  Even on hotspots.   

MAJOR ISSUE:

i think this deserves a response from the devs.   When you are in or near a cave, infested continuously spawn.  This totally impacts fishing/mining in a very bad way.  

Archived