Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

Gotta jump in on this one. 

Gating Helminth behind conservation is a bad design decision, particularly given how buggy some of the required animals (Avichaea in particular) are. The spawn rate of the droppings for using lures on said birds is just obscenely low, The spawn rate of the birds in the wild appears to be obscenely low, and even then the birds are often bugged, spawn inside map geometry, and are otherwise inaccessible. The token system is fine by itself (being able to farm tokens beyond the cap is actually a great idea), but the required Tag/Son Token ratio as well as the Son Token/Rep ratio is frankly a joke.  Just changing the tokens to accept ANY variant of the 4 animal species will go miles to resolving this. I've spent 2+ hours farming various creatures and can get a grand total of 3 tokens.  The time/reward ratio on that is hilariously askew, and gating Helminth behind this is frankly a slap in the face.

Basically everything to do with conservation in this update is so off putting I'm tempted to shelve Warframe until you guys address this.  Having to squint my eyes to find tiny birds and then play RNG animal roulette to access one of the majorly hyped features of this update is so off putting It's completely killed my hype.

I cannot stress this enough - gating a major feature behind this very niche and extra janky gameplay mechanic was a very, very bad call.

HoD is a complete time-waster. While writing this my Baruuk waits for yet another tedious timer to run out for a mission to progress. Wait 3 minutes to do this, wait one minute to do that, is there anything other than timers? This is the one thing that Warframe did not need more of. If you can't give us much content because of corona, then do not stretch it out and make it more tedious! If there's not much to do, then it's OK, but this time I won't fall for some senseless grind, just look at the scintillant drop rates. It's very frustrating to see you guys do the same mistakes over and over, and I'm in since update 7.

Credit caches in bounties, I think we had that like 15 times already? Seriously, stop wasting my time, if you want people to play, then give them a reason to. There is so much wrong with HoD, and to know what you should just look at the feedback of PoE and Fortuna. Fishing and Track and Tranq were received with mixed results, now you force us to do it to progress. I'll stop writing now to not get insulting and get a forum ban.

The Daughter's Cut Fish UI is broken. It shows one of each of the items you ought to be getting, not how many of what you are ACTUALLY getting. This is useless.

Please add the number of each item into the top corner, and only if cutting that fish or stack of fish will actually give you the item!

I HATE HATE HATE the fact that you are forcing people to do conservation, AND on top of that you require soooo many captures for just ONE son token... it is unfair and honestly really tedious, boring and frustrating. I cant even go out and hunt for the specific animal I need, I have to go out an pray to RNGesus that I find the animals I'm missing... really disappointing.

Gonna jump in and echo a lot of others: the bounties are just too slow.  Drop rates for those samples for Latrox Une are way too low.  Also, due to how you stretch out objectives for multiplayer, you are effectively telling people "solo or it's a no go" as everything takes far longer in groups, and the bonus for the Latrox data upload sample objective is almost impossible to do in a group.

The allied necramechs make things take longer than they should as well.  I had one of the "kill enemies by the cauldron to lure out the assassination target" objectives, but a friendly Necramech had appeared and insisted on blasting everything well outside of the cauldron zone.  To make matters worse, Olaf, pardon me, Otak kept lecturing me about killing enemies too far away.  I brought a max range Vauban into the next mission, but I shouldn't have had to do that.

I love the visuals of this update, when I can process what's happening on screen.  The art style is gorgeous.  But I just don't think we need yet another vehicle/mode that takes me out of my Warframe.  I don't want to play as a Necramech, and I'm worried that you're going to make me by locking content behind it.

It's great to have missions (Isolation vaults) that chain into other outdoor missions.

However, they really need clear indications that they can be continued right after you finish the first mission. Even a continue Y/N prompt to automatically start it, maybe.

As a side note, if Fortuna bounties had ended securing an area and then prompted the group to do a new bounty from that area, more than two players might have realized that each area has unique bounties.

Also, if I have to kill enemies closer to a point, please stop spawning turret enemies that stay at max range, or at least greatly reduce them.

Also, necramechs are awesome.

I haven't had much issue with most mechanics introduced in this update, but one thing that stood out to me is damage. Specifically in 3 categories:

1- Damage dealt by enemies. I'll start by saying I love Inaros. He's one of my favorite warframes and I've run him more than my second and third most used warframes combined. Yet I don't think I have ever had my face dragged through the mud as much as in Deimos. I have never seen an enemy take away 900 points of my health with a single hit, and the bastard was only level 58! I've face tanked rooms full of level 100+ heavy units without a problem, but a single level 58 infested can take away almost 1k of health with a single hit? And with a ranged attack, no less. The infested have always been a faction with low survivability, high numbers, and high melee damage, so they aim to overpower you with numbers. But in Deimos, it seems every unit has at least one ranged attack option, and their damage leaves even the Corpus to shame... Not to mention the aggregious CC they have. From flying units diving and hugging your face, to those genitalia-looking monsters tripping you with their... Necks? There are so many sources of stagger and knockdown, making you even more vulnerable to the insanely powerful projectile attacks that are constantly flying around.

2- The Damage taken by enemies. As I've said before, the Infested have always been defined by low survivability. They don't have shields (usually) and only rarely have armor, and not a lot of it. They're made to try to overpower you with numbers, while you mow down entire hordes, holding them back, like Starship Troopers, or Colonial Marines in the Alien franchise. Yet these bastards in Deimos refuse to go down. Most units will die rather easily when using powerful weapons, but using abilities is a slap in the face. Equinox is my second favorite warframe. I love her to bits, and I use her often. And so far, the Infested in Deimos have been even a bigger pain in her butt than the Grineer have! How can mere level 34 Infested survive a blow from Maim with over 103k damage stored? And what's up with all the ability-immune units?

3- The damage being dealt to my computer. Oh lord, what is this landscape. How can I run this game with constant 60 fps, yet walking around Deimos frequently drags my fps down to 19 for minutes at a time? I have to take my blessings as they come, however, the weather just got really freaking cold in my town, and the warmth of my computer is very helpful.

Hi DE, 

Couple things regarding Deimos bounties:

1) MAKE UP YOUR MIND REGARDING RARE REWARDS. THIS ENTIRE DEBACLE REGARDING SCINTILLANT IS JUST PATHETIC. DID YOU GUYS LEARN NOTHING ABOUT ECONOMY MANAGEMENT FROM POE? Is it a rare reward or common because I have yet to get even one freaking drop since the update and I have been playing bounties for a collective 10 hours or so. Not to mention you need what 10-20 to build things with. You don't balance the drop rates as rare and gate a S#&$ tonne of crap to need ungodly amounts of it. It's not as if we can spend plat on stuff to rush things so what's your freaking objective here? 

2) WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 3 VAULTS IN ONE SESSION FOR THE ISOLATION VAULT MISSION? Your waypoint disappears after the first vault. Are we supposed to randomly smack every orange node until we find someone/something? DID YOU EVEN PLAY THIS FROM THE VIEWPOINT OF SOMEONE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THE MAP IS ABOUT OR ARE YOU ASSUMING WE CAN READ SECRET INFO AND JUST KNOW INSTINCTIVELY WHERE EVERYTHING IS? 

3) Yes, we understand your point of time-gating new content but there are different ways to do that instead of making all things rare and needing a S#&$ tonne of it. It's lazy and it pisses your players off. I was excited to play the update after taking a break but just being in the game for 3 hours or so and I already want to burn Nekralisk into the goddamn ground because things are so poorly explained. 

4) A follow up, fix your spawns and waypoints? Entered a vault and the guardian necramech spawns.... 2 km away presumable in the other vault. So much for doing the mission since it autofails when you exit the tunnel.

I very much avoid such threads but i think this time it might be necessary to add my pebble to the pile.

Like the art & feeling of HoD most of the time and especially when i dont have to meticulously scan my screen to try and locate the one red thing behind the other red things.

Find very interesting the mechanics behind the token system since it allows me to play to my heart one day and very little the next and knowing that i can convert the tokens to affinity at my own pace but it needs some more love. Is it me or there is some kind of lack of balance... also son tokens are ridiculously overpriced.

The drop rate on the Corpus guy needs to be better regulated, we were wrecking havoc on the infested and it took us 17 !!! minutes to gather the resources,,, RNG hell?

Also what is it with so many timed mission parts, most of the fun in warframe other than fashionframe has been to find ways of slaughtering more efficiently the enemy to do ridiculously impossible speed runs or highly enjoyable mayhem ... not standing at an objective waiting for some timer to finish again and again and again and again and again ...

The shooting enemies that have turret like properties should be a little closer when having to kill them inside a perimeter and by default not always spawn outside it having that annoying reprimand that kills should be made within the perimetre and so on... Not even counting when some friendly necramech appears and delays the mission while causing the robot to constantly annoy you with the kills outside the perimeter.

Something is really wrong with the enemy levels, it must have sth to do w rank... 3 guys playing me 27, another 20 and another 12.

If I start the mission the enemies are almost steel path difficulty level while showing levels between 40-60.

when the second player started the same mission because they thought i had probably made some mistake and had steel path on or sth, the mission had some difficulty but nothing like the game before.

when the third guy started the same mission it was so easy that i thought the enemies were lvl 40 max while showing the same 40-60 levels.

I like fishing, i dislike mining but to each their own. What i always liked in the PoE and OV is that I could choose between the sources of my affinity to my enjoyment of the game. In HoD the concept of forcing me to do the one or the other is the opposite of fun.

I m sorry to say but this update seems excessively grindy without any fun behind the bounties/missions and this from a guy that finished RJ on release in 6 days playing after work and still think it was really fun doing it.

Quest although a bit buggy was very much fun and looked amazing.

Fishing seems better. I think I saw only 2 lures and that's nice. Also only one fishing spear? Thank you. Anything that reduces inventory management is a nice quality of life thing in my books.

Bounties seem to take longer? Not sure if I'm imagining it. I've mostly done them on Steel Path but it took me like 25 minutes to do my first steel path bounty. I think it's because some of the enemies are immune to viral damage (not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing), and I wasn't prepared with corrosive damage. I'll try again with Corrosive. I'm also sure some of this extra time is from me learning how to actually do the new game modes in these bounties. They seem pretty self-explanatory but over time we will find ways to squeeze out the most efficient ways to run these missions (again, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing).

Anyway, back to exploring. I might edit this later to add more.

*edit* I like how there aren't enemies *everywhere* so there's a lot of areas where you can just walk around exploring, unharrassed by the peppered gunshots of enemies in the distance.

Also, CAN YOU PUT IN THE SAME SQUARE FROM MINING ONTO CONSERVATION. IT'S REALLY HARD TO SEE THE START POINT IF IT LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ROCK ON THE GOD DAMN GROUND! IT'S FRUSTRATING ENOUGH AS IT IS WITH THE:

1) MISSING MINING POINT

2) MISSING CONSERVATION START POINT

3) MISSING ANIMAL SPAWN AFTER FINDING THE GOD DAMN NEST FOLLOWING THE S#&$TILY HIGHLIGHTED TRACKS. 

YES ALL CAPS BECAUSE THAT IS HOW #*!%ING FRUSTRATING THIS GAME ALREADY IS ON TOP OF ALL THE GOD DAMN GEOMETRY AND TERRAIN BUGS THAT MAKE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO A PAIN BECAUSE NOTHING WORKS. AND YEAH GOOD LUCK GETTING ALL THOSE STUPID ITEMS NEEDED FOR THE TOKENS FOR THE STANDINGS. AS IF NONE OF US ARE ALREADY SUFFERING FROM QUARANTINE FATIGUE THAT WE NEED TO DEAL WITH DESIGN DECISIONS THAT SERVE NO MEANING OTHER THAN TO FRUSTRATE PLAYERS IN THE NAME OF TIMEGATING.

Ok is it me or is this some serious bethesda fallout 76 game breaking bs apparently if u cut all your fish you get near nothing yet if u cut one at a time u get tons ....plus the animal hunt bs ...game crashes...constant missions failed when they were completed ....0 drops for certain resources ....mining issues .... jesus this open world  is giving me fallout 76 ptsd flashbacks ....the sheer amount of bugs lag non existent drops and bs token system which is about as stupid as trying to play 76 make this dlc near unplayable ... guess this is the quality we can expect going forward with total communist control of tencent .... i cant believe the piss poor quality of this substantial dlc  and just how much it is a failure i just hope someone pulls their head out of chinas ass and fixes all these damn bugs 

The Floating Lips enemy spawner is pretty much invincible on high level bounties. Once it shows up you might was well go away because it wont stop spitting enemies and the insane amount of both armor and health makes it the hardest enemy to kill in the game.

Some enemies are doing WAY too much damage. I'm getting one shot by gas procs from the Deimos Juggalo and some other attacks.

Enemy vision and attack range is way too high. They can be a kilometer away from me and start spitting at me, without any damage falloff.

EVERYTHING IS ORANGE! Drops are orange! Enemies are orange! Conservation animal highlights are orange! The terrain is orange! Resource nodes are orange! Ore veins are orange!

Conservation is boring and should give either more tags per capture or require less tags per token.

Remove the Avichaea needed to go further into the ranking, it's a tedious grind even trying to find the things. I'd honestly say that you should  remove them completely from the game until the spawns are "fixed". The ratio of which the tokens are earned are ridiculous compared to others. Stop caring about how stuff looks and care about how stuff plays.

A few bits of feedback, some of which MAY be bugs, others may be simple balance issues, its hard to say:

Firstly, The Corpus Sample Gathering bounty wave. The samples drop far too infrequently, causing this wave to be sometimes upwards of twenty minutes even on easier difficulties. And then, after they're all turned in, I have NEVER ONCE seen him upload everything. My team has tried several different tactics, from surrounding him like a capture point, to putting him somewhere where he wont take damage, and no matter what he gets somewhere between 13-18 and times out. Assuming he lives. Which brings me to my next point.

The big ol' plant enemies. Jungulus I think they're called (its hard to read the nametag while they're wigglin'). They currently spawn in groups more often then not, up to five, or possible more with how tightly they're stacked, and then proceed to spam their spike attack EVERYWHERE. This results in massive stagger lock and also can burn down vital bounty NPCs too quickly to react. Theres no telling how many times I've lost that Corpus dude because a few bunches of those things spawn and suddenly hes just BURRIED in spikes we can do nothing about.

Lastly, and this one is definitely not a bug, but perhaps an oversight? The value of tokens when redeemed for rep. Now, I love the token system, it essentially means you never waste a bounty or mission. But when you can grab 90+ Mother Tokens in a single sitting, they shouldn't be even nearly the same value as Son tokens, which require moderate grinding to acquire even one. Really they should be weighted as Mother being roughly 100 where they currently are, and then increasing in value to Father, Daughter, Otak, Son, and then Grandmother.

Gotta chime in with the rest of the thread.  In devstream you guys always talk about learning from mistakes but you guys just keep doing the same thing, actually getting worse, not better.  I know you put brakes on new content so people won't blitz through it in a week, which is presumably the reason for the terrible Deimos coin system, but the reason we blitz content is because the gameplay is so terrible we just have to hold our noses and get through it to get the stuff we need, then go back to the parts of the game that are actually fun.  (which are all 3+ years old, by the way).

I hope that now that we have an open world for each faction you've gotten this out of your system, and we can actually go back to getting Warframe content again, instead of wonky open worlds nobody asked for.

Three huge pieces of feedback:

ONE: "Defend the Corpus researcher" is boring and terrible. It takes SUPER long, it has no good signposting, and the bonus mission is literally impossible.

Samples take way too freakin' long to acquire. Compare to the equivalent bounty on Plains, "Fill the Grokdrul processor". You only need 10 grokdrul, the 10 doesn't scale with squad size, enemies drop them like candy, and you're in and out in flash if you're good. It rewards players for being good.

And the bonus mission, do not even get me started on that horribleness. First off, it's impossible. I have tested this. I used Mending Dash to make Laktron completely invincible, and he still didn't upload every sample. Enemies will spawn inside him, and this fails the bonus objective instantly. This is before we get to the part where it doesn't tell players WHY it fails. Because it sure isn't protecting him from damage! You get no feedback on HOW you screwed up for next time. And even if you did, it's a terrible bonus mission, because you only need to make a mistake for ONE FRAME and that makes you fail, with no chance to bring it back around for a last-second win. Either you play 60,000 perfect milliseconds, or you lose the bonus

TWO: During the Isolation Vault bounties, the "Activate the reactive crystal" bonus has no good signposting either. A good puzzle requires that A) good distinction between what's a puzzle piece and what's not, and B) good signposting when you've actually interacted with a puzzle piece, when you've actually changed the puzzle state (even if it's just from one inert state to another). Assuming it's not bugged and doesn't work, which is what my squad was telling me was the problem

THREE: Something's wrong with the bounty drop tables. The game CLAIMS that mods like Maiming Strike are "Rare" and Xaku parts are "Uncommon". But this does not stack up to statistical analysis, players are getting dozens of "rares" and no "uncommons".  Please check your drop tables

Hey. Fishing in Deimos is awesome, the best fishing so far in my opinion, compared to Plains and Vallis. In both the way they feel and the gameplay in general (flying fishes are rad!).

However, there is something that is killing me: items given by cutting Hybrid fish.

Why? Because there is a mismatch between the visual and the items given (unique to the corresponding infested and orokin counterparts).

For example, Vitreospina is the way it's supposed to be. It is, visually, a hybrid from Barbisteo (infested) and Chondricord (orokin), plus the items given when cut are Dendrite Blastoma (Barbisteo) and Spinal Core Section (Chondricord). So, the items match with the visuals.

On the other hand, Aquapulmo is visually a hybrid between Kymaeros and Duroid, but it drop the item from Cryptosuctus (Pustulent Cognitive Nodule) and not Kymaeros' (Saturated Muscle Mass).

Meanwhile, Ostimyr is visually a hybrid between Cryptosuctus and Myxostomata, but gives Saturated Muscle Mass (Kymaeros) instead of Pustulent Cognitive Nodule (Cryptosuctus). Both Cryptosuctus  and Ostimyr appear in the Fass cycle, so it does make sense

Did their respective items got swapped? Is it too late to make Aquapulmo drop Saturated Muscle Mass and Ostimyr to drop Pustulent Cognitive Nodule? Or the base fishes (Kymaeros and Cryptosuctus) to have their unique item swapped instead?

Thank you for the love everyone put in the Cambion Drift. It's definitely my favorite open world landscape. 🙂

1) The mining nodes frequently end up hidden behind pustules and thus inaccessible. Sometimes they're also only visible for certain angles (typicly this is in caves and especially on nodes near underwater rivers).

2) Vault runs with random groups are likely to break down at numerous points:

• If loading the cambion drift takes too long they can be already done with the bait collection phase and be underground. At that point the waypoint system breaks down and it ends up being very timeconsuming to figure out which vault the tried to enter (and before I knew the map it was straight up impossible.
  • The 4 code vault door frequently breaks down if you're not the host. Not triggering if you blast it, or sometimes triggering 15 seconds later and failing that attempt.
  •  The vault shortcuts (the eat and spit you out thingie) to the surface are buggy. Sometimes they don't work. Sometimes they spit you out underground (so that you'll end up stuck or falling through the map). Once you respawn (after a minute of falling) the second teleport attempt usually works. Usually. It would be better if there was a double safeguard against this. Both a respawn floor under the map so that you fall for a shorter time if the teleporter fails, and perhaps a look at the teleporters so that they don't spit you out underground sometimes.

3) The necramechs electrodefense (especially the enemy necramechs) lasts a little too long to be fun. Especially enemy necramechs.

Overall though I'm enjoying this update.

On 2020-08-26 at 6:59 AM, corallein said:
  • Avichea are complete bullS#&$ as tiny flying birds that are impossible to find, if they even show up. The one I found was hovering 100m up in the sky so it took me forever to locate since it didn't show up on radar
  • The far far southwest Avichea trail marker is bugged because no trail shows up on the hard rock. I eventually located the lure point underneath a gigantic structure (just outside the energy well thingy), but no Avichea ever showed up when the lure was used.
  • There's the long-standing issue of trail map markers not showing elevation, so it can be effing hard to find them. Even more so since Deimos has so many massive elevation changes, overhanging cliffs, caves, gigantic aerial roots, etc.

In short, a Son token should require at most 20% of what they currently cost to acquire, and Avichea should be removed from the gating since tiny birds don't deserve to be conserved and are super buggy. Or you can just remove them completely because gating standing behind a buggy, super niche activity is S#&$ty design.

#*!%ing hell, they are bugged as #*!%!!!!

I have to ask if you could look at the necramechs in the isolation vaults. The sheer fact that its guaranteed that I'll die EVERYTIME(at least once, many times twice) and everytime its because I get instakilled - as in full health, lots of armor plus buffs and still die from a single shot from an automatic necramech gun - seem too excessive for a simple level 40 bounty. I mean even the eidolons dont have this kind of power so I dont see why a glorified corn cob may have this kind of power. I mean its easy enough to actually kill it when you actually, eventually, hit the spots that can take damage, but being instakilled by this thing just seems absurdly disproportionate to the rest of this games harder content. 

But if this is a bug which I almost believe it may be, because I WILL die a few times from some bs oneshot everytime I fight them, not all of its shots do this 'cause I have taken several hits from these guys before and it didn't kill me.

So the isolation bounty is a rather painfully frustrating bounty to do right now, because I can easily take these guys. But knowing that I WILL die a few times EVERYTIME from nothing more than a unfair oneshot that I can do nothing about, especially for such a medium leveled bounty seems way to extreme.

Issues with Bounties:

-For science! = I was doing the objective where you kill critters to make bait, then you kill criters inside the circle to do something else, then at the end you have to kill a strong critter.  I was in a high bounty and getting murdered alot but the strong critter was killed by the objective stalled.  Had to leave the drift and fail the bounty...   I think while I was dead my pet or an npc killed the critter....  

-The objective where you power up a device to make these plants bloom....  Thats a cool objective.. Maybe make the pulse take twice as long to collapse and then lower the bonus objectie to only powering the device 2-3 times instead of 5.   (After learning how to do it I get the bonus every time now, its just to frantic)

-Isolation Vault...   I was a CLIENT and no the host... After we collected enough residue I flew back to the bait station and made the bait, we defended it.  The bait was ready so I grabbed the bait, ran into the cave and up to the butthole and through the bait (I've already done these solo so I know what im doing).. butthole doesnt open..............  Im thinking its because I was the client and not the host....  

Also in Isolation... operator mode can be VERY unresponsive.  First time I went, was solo, was getting my butt kicked,  everytime I would try to void dash nothing would happen. 

On 2020-08-26 at 10:15 AM, Iamabearlulz said:

If something says it's level 30, I expect it to hit like a level 30 and take hits like a level 30. The level 30 infested here act more like level 80-90 enemies.

Seems they didn't learn from Railjack either, despite only recently removing the cheaty independent-from-other-mechanics damage scaling from the on-foot enemies.

Archived