Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

Enemy Necramechs' slow effect should have a red debuff symbol in the status bar with a countdown timer. I think it would be good if it were changed to be a cold proc, personally, as there are existing ways to affect/resist that effect, whereas the slow ability feels very arbitrary and has no interactions with existing game mechanics.

I decided to use my new mech while doing some bounties to play around with it and failed a control the area bounty segment because none of the kills it was getting counted towards the progress and I didn't notice until it was too late. This was on a low level bounty so the mech was basically one shotting all the mobs and getting a lot of kills that should have been keeping the counter at 100% easily. 

The Cambion Drift has a great variety of enemies that are almost all fantastic. My only gripe is the status immunity of the Necramechs.

These enemies were almost perfect, but because they are status immune the fight devolves into another mini-boss where the players need to bring a super heavy hitting single shot crit weapon. What happened to everything stated in Dev Stream 139 where you guys wanted to promote more diverse builds?

After the initial encounter I originally thought that these mechs might be the first and currently only challenge where I would consider using Cold status weapons to slow their movements and allow me to get behind them to take shots at their weak points. I was super excited to try this strategy on my Volt, and then I realized after my attempts at using a fun strategy that the only real way to fight them was to just bring a Stropha or Rubico, build up the combo multiplier, and just lay down a single shot that instantly kills them.

Edit: I'm also finding that enemies in the Cambion Drift are all immune to Viral. I'm not against Viral not being as effective against infested, but I think that outright immunity again flies in the face of what was said in Dev Stream 139. Why Introduce stacking status procs and choose 0 as the stack limit for enemies resistant to it? I get that Viral is flat out too powerful to balance the new content around, but that issue has better solutions.

Compared to the previous open worlds this one seems to feel a lot more "grindy" with the tokens introduced at the Nekralisk vendors. After some playtime I'm okay with it, it will keep me busy and not just power through the highest rank with the family and forget about it. I have but four things I'd like to bring your attention to:

1. While on a bounty which requires enemies to be killed within a specific area or for them to drop something that is key to the completion of said bounty (data etc.) enemies have a very low spawn rate or if there is a structure that is part of the map over my head, enemies spawn way up there and I have to use my archwing to get to them.

2. I saw a video of someone who upon acquiring the fifth rank with the family wasn't able to choose from more than one reward upon doing so. I wouldn't have a problem with that if the item in question offered wasn't purely cosmetic.

3. How do I tell what worm is active from inside the Nekralisk?

4. When hunting for a specific wildlife species I can only find 2 starting points and after completing them no other spawn, having me to go back to the Nekralisk and repeat.

I do generally agree that Viral immunity feels a bit unfair - Dropships/Genetrix being immune makes sense, Dropships have had selective status from the start. But random normal enemies being completely immune to a whole status? That's not cool. Viral should be nerfed if it's overpowered, rather than just blanket banning it for a subfaction.

Excavation has spawn flow issues, and generally, excavators force spawning one at a time even during normal bounties doesn't feel great - it feels stilted compared to Orb Vallis' excavs.

Critter rarity could stand to be adjusted. Crescent Vulpaphylas are much too rare in the wild for a T2. Medjay Predasites and Panzer Vulpaphylas are also a bit too hard to spawn, but not quite as hard as the Crescent; as are higher tier Avichaea and to a lesser extent Cryptilex. Green velocipods only spawn in less trafficked areas and seem functionally much rarer than White ones, which can replace any spawn and do so fairly often.

Isolation Vaults have a bit too much waiting involved. You need to wait for dialogue to finish entirely to start them, unlike every other Deimos bounty, which isn't great. You spend a lot of time waiting for the door food, and a lot more if you throw it and miss for whatever reason, and have a rather lengthy toxin stage in phase 2. You have to wait for Loid to very slowly float around in phase 3's vault opening. We really need a lot less wait time - the mission should start immediately, and the second phase should ramp up to its max stage faster and end sooner. Loid could move a bit more quickly.

Edit: Instead of Relics, maybe Iso Vaults should have Necramech mods in the drop tables. Would be a better way to get them.

Necramechs would be an amazing enemy to fight, but they don't feel particularly fair or balanced.

• They turn far too quickly for any strategy to feel reasonable, and don't ram walls often enough to open their vulnerability, nor do they leave that weakspot window up long enough. This is the Rampart problem - Ramparts have always had the issue of turning extremely rapidly, faster than you physically can while riding one, making it excessively difficult and unfair to try to unseat a rampart pilot without using the Operator or an ability CC/AOE DPS.
  • The head hitbox is very small and feels kind of janky, often failing to register hits even when you fully disarm the mech and the shield is down.
  • Their Gravemines deal far too much damage for player EHP or player Necramech EHP to resist - in the Snake fight, one round of Gravemine spam can instantly shred Snake, and armless Mechs tend to spam that attack constantly with no cooldown.
    • Gravemines should either be nerfed for AI, or have a cooldown in the AI to make them favor the charge attack.
  • They almost never stop firing the Mausolon either, leading to heavy DR or invisibility being seemingly mandatory. The gun should have a bit more downtime for its high DPS.
  • The spammed Storm Shroud is the worst of these "constant firing" effects - they have almost no cooldown and spam it over and over, there's no indicator of when the reflect period is active and will probably instagib you, and you have no visual cue for when it's time to start firing to take down the shield.
    • The Shroud should have a clear audiovisual indication of when it's actively reflecting/absorbing damage, and when it's vulnerable.
    • The Necramechs should not immediately recast Storm Shroud - there needs to be a cooldown in which you can deal damage.
  • Damage Reduction on the mechs on top of selective ability immunity seems a bit unfair - I get that they have adaptive DR so that weapons don't necessarily instagib, but it isn't really working out fairly, because it stacks on top of their massively scaled armor and most armor strip methods are blocked - and abilities like Octavia's mallet or weapons like Stropha completely ignore hitboxes and shred the mech, with Stropha oneshotting at high combos anyway from the front.
    • Honestly, if they're going to have ability resistance it should be a bit more consistent as to which ones it resists - but with nerfs that let players fight them fairly. Octavia cheese isn't fun, but neither is getting slaughtered by an immortal shielded robot that turns on a dime, spams lethal AOEs, and has high mobility with tiny hitboxes.
    • DR really shouldn't be stacked on top of armored DR - if there's a way to 'cheat' and only give them the adaptive formula without multiplying their innate armor bonus it'd be nice, so the rare strip abilities that work like Abating Link/Seeking Shuriken/Psychic Bolts don't feel mandatory. Stropha should only really be fixed in conjunction with changes toward a fairer encounter.

Today i played the second endless bounty the artifact hunt. It have nothing to do with artifact, change name to collecting samples.

The first part is killing hive in order to get to cache. The cache is teased as rich and after i open it i got 20 credits . Cache drop should be higer, at least give it extra ammo drop. Second and third part os collecting samples. Second part is ok, but the third one is tidius due to low sample drop for our corpus friend. In my opinion, if name stays the third part need to be change. My proposal is change it to excavation but in one of those big caves or the dead ended caves. This would be fitting with artifact hunting and majority of activites not gone be around samples and be diffrent from strip mininig mission.

Please lower drop rates for ayant star in both endless missions. Add something instead of ayant star being 50% drops i.e. kuva(100,175,250), somatic fiber(1,1,2) bc it only in one node, tellurium(1,1,1), fass residue(2,3,4) bc it less common.

This is general feedback for archwing in any open world, but I'm noticing it a lot in deimos. The annoying rolling in the air stun whenever you touch a surface needs to be adjusted. It should never proc when you're not in sprint mode. You can be in the slower mode, be 1ft from a surface, barely tap in the direction of that surface and it counts as a collision of sufficient force to stun/spin you. I can see why you might want this mechanic when in sprint mode and moving really fast, but it's completely unnecessary when you're traveling in slower speed mode. It's especially annoying when looting things off the ground or doing conservation while in archwing. 

Simply removing this effect or making you immune to it while in the slower travel mode would make archwing feel a lot better in open world areas. It should be changed for Titania as well. 

I feel like this Deimos is too hard and I think I quit for some time. I died or failed so many times with bounties with steel path build and I don't even know why. I'm just... too frastlated and feel like this game is too harsh for my taste. I hope you do nerf something, I don't know, I'm too tired to think wht was wrong. Me or Deimos.Enemy, the game. Build. I don't know... no.

if the Brood Mother Maggots around on the Deimos Landscape won't count for Obelisks, please also make Maggots not count for the Bounty task that has you competing in Kills versus some Grineer.
if you aren't spamming AoE Abilities the Grineer can get dozens of extra Kills by hitting some Maggots, which i don't think should be considered as Kills for that since Maggots are so trivial.

i've had the Ignis dude lose me my bonus Objective and even the Objective entirely once, by them Killing a few dozen Maggots while i'm Killing the actual Enemies.

oh, also Loid in the Isolation Vaults is nonsensically slow. and not only that, you have to go TO THE END OBJECTIVE and activate him and then he will FLY AWAY FROM THE OBJECTIVE to do some Timer stuff AND THEN HAS TO FLY ALL THE WAY BACK.
wtf?

how did he even get down there before us in the first place, if the Tunnels were full of Infested, plus that's just rude to make the Player have to cross the same path 3 times to complete an Objective that's literally just a Timer.

i like the Isolation Vault Bounty overall, because the Vault itself is cool. the Tunnels leading up to it are pretty bland and boring, but once you get to the Vault, everything about that is cool. the secret Objective, the way Enemies Spawn, Et Cetera.

Some bounty stages are way too slow, like the collect samples for Latrox Une, and the collect infested parts for the cauldron. Please make spawns faster for those or up the drop rate of quest items.

Please make the radius of the cauldron much larger as well. There are many enemies with ranged attacks in CD such as Mutalist Ospreys, Jugulus, Saxum, Carnis etc. and they often like to stay out of range of the cauldron while attacking, making it annoying to complete the bounty stage.

Please also consider making the defense timers shorter in both normal bounties and the vault bounties also.

Wanted to add to all of the requests to have the Cauldron part of the Assassination bounty be improved. The bounty just drags on if the only Infested that spawn are ones with ranged attacks that can attack you from well outside the area in which you're supposed to be killing Infested. Even if you do kill the ranged ones out of the hope of spawning new Infested, it's possible you'll just continue getting ranged Infested and be unable to progress in the bounty until you get lucky.  Either greatly increase the size of the area around the Cauldron in which you can kill Infested and/or up the spawn rate of melee Infested for that specific bounty.

Also, while we're on the topic of ranged Infested, the damage done by the Deimos Jugulus type enemy is absolutely ridiculous. Even playing as a Mesa with maxed Vitality and both Shatter Shield (with the max damage reduction) and Adaptation running, I'm getting one-shot so hard I get blasted entirely off of Deimos. I can only imagine how much worse it is for folks who try to play even squishier frames. Is it intended that we only ever play frames like Inaros or Revenant on the highest level bounties, just to avoid getting instantly killed? I have seen some folks attempt to counter all of the complaints about the Jugulus enemies by saying that players just need to make them a high-priority target, but that doesn't work if they spawn so far away, you don't even know they exist until they one-shot you out of nowhere. Either drastically reduce the damage they are capable of or, at the very least, decrease the range of their attacks or how far away they can spawn from players.  

Adding my 2 cents here regarding conservation. The footprints are difficult to see against the drift's ground color, but once I got used to the common spawn points, it wasn't terrible. I really like how enemies attacking the animals doesn't make them go poof. I wish this feature could be rolled out to all the conservation targets, not just predasite and vulpaphyla.

But the real issue involves avicheva. This thing makes me WISH they were simply sawgaw. First off, call point near the Cerebrum Magda is completely broken. The call point spawns inside the cave about 75% of the time and the avicheva spawn inside the cave exactly never. They are nearly impossible to find once you get out of the cave because the red flash that shows up in the tranq rifle viewfinder is exactly the same color red as the Cerebrum itself. 90% of the time I've been unable to locate the bird from that call point. Once I found it flying over top and managed to tranq it before the flying spaghetti enemies shot it down. Once I found it glitched/flying into the wall by sheer luck as my reticle passed directly over it and the name tag popped up. It was completely invisible otherwise. And once I found it clinging to the side, not moving. The fact that the avicheva can't reach the call point at all because of the bulbous outcrop overtop of it makes this spot terribly frustrating to hunt from. So much so that I've stopped using it altogether. I'll zone into the drift, equip the echo lure, and see what other spots are available. If there are no other locations, I zone out and back in. To make matters worse, this location is the primary spawn location for avicheva, and often the only spawn location. Another issue with them is how difficult they are to spot when they've landed, due to their tranq gun highlight color matching the terrain almost perfectly.

I would like to request that the spawn location for the Cerebrum Magnum trail start point and call point be switched, so that we are not dealing with the Cerebrum hampering our line of sights. I would also like to request they do not land on walls, but rather land at the call point, or even just circle above it. Moving images trigger a rather primal response in the brain that still images do not, making a moving target faster and easier to recognize as a target than a motionless one.

Thank you!

Spoiler

2F7DA6841C027E2BAA59FCBF88CC43DF02769B46

Quest:
 It was a good experience, okayihs story, featuring good characters with interestingly peculiar personalities.
The open world design:
 Exactly how i imagined an infested open world. Aesthetically awesome. The fact that it's not so big and filled with things gives the idea that it's rich and vibrant in vitality. Nice the idea of the altars for a chance at uncommon resources. New enemies are cool but i feel only the jugulus are introducing something different in attack dynamics.
Syndicates:
 With the exception of conservation revenues (review a couple of paragraphs below), the overall grind seems acceptable*. Loid's syndicate seems quite cheap, i fear that you will make us pay in the next update. Please dont't exaggerate. 
Bounties:
 Simply, and as always, the greatest delusion of all open worlds you created. An endless copy-paste of exterminate and mobile defense that offers zero innovation from the old, usual starchart gameplay. The fact that their content is not even upscaled to the spatial availability of the big map exacerbates the sensation that the open world is just wasted space and wasted potential. Upscaling is not something that you do by inserting a 400m archwing rush to the next stage. It's something that you should insert in mission design asking a little bit of effort and inventivity in things like, for example, taking advantage of the topography, splitting the team for spatial coverage, decision making on the optimal strategy/path. Furthermore, necramechs mobility suffers a lot on those 400-500 m traverses, making them undesiderable to use.
 There is virtually no difference in what is asked to do across the majority of the available stage types: defend a spot while picking collectibles. Collectibles that, due to the low spawn chance of the enemies, take frustratingly forever to complete. Worst of all is the endless excavation that, on top of the aforementioned problems, features sick repetitivity, abysmally low reward drop chances, and a boring low threat from the enemies (1h hour in and they were merely scratching the excavators). Go with MORE generous chances or allow us to buy the set mods with the hundres of ayatan stars you are (mockingly) showering us with.
 Isolation bounties suffer the same mentioned problems, with the only exception in the necramech fights that represent a real threat and require some careful gameplay (fine as they are, do not nerf).
Mining, fishing:
 They are generally despised for not being a ninja shooter content, but the amount of time here required for their revenues is fine. The fact that many mineral/fish parts drops also from altars and isolation bounties makes it okay. Problems of mineral visibility were mostly resolved, no major issues with fishing, the activities can be carried out frustration-free.
Conservation:
 A mess of problems that makes it highly frustrating. I'm fine with the system being requierd but, even after son's token cost rebalance, conservation activity feels extremely unrewarding for the needed time investment: i) scat markers are weirldy behaving when you are supposed to enter in a cave; ii) footprints are visible only at a very small range and often with difficult colors (orange? really you gave us orange footprints in an orange world?), making it necessary to slow down (in orb vallis you could see them for meters in front of you and bullet jump easily). It's just more convenient to forget them and randomly search the call point in the yellow area; iii) tranq-rifle target track is orange, in a orange world...make your conclusion. It also gives no clue on the proximity and/or direction of the target (good luck realizing it's an avichea without the bait minigame); iv) spawn chance of uncommon and rare sub-specie in the wild (without the bait minigame) is frustratingly close to zero. I have 60 common cryptylex and zero of the other 2 sub-species. Avichea are extremely rare even in their common version. 
 Overall an extremely unrewarding experience flawed with too many nuisances.
Necramechs:
They feel cool, design-wise and sound-wise. My doubts are on the lack of mobility, like already said in Bounties, due to the design between your bounty stages that requires hundreds of meters of just nothing. Maybe they will feel relevant with upcoming content, so i wait to judge this asp[ect.
General opinion:
 Gameplay-wise i just see the game stagnating in mediocrity, obfuscated by the smoke and mirrors of a truly majestic aestethic and art style. An update like this could have been fine as a first open world test, not as a third installement after 7-8 years of development. After the Lich update and Scarlet spear i lost the majority of my hope in an innovative evolution of the game (it's your words, DE, that the game is in continuous evolution) and this update is another letdown that only lowers my expectations for the coming railjack content.

* running with a resource booster

You might want to add Thaumica to the mining drop tables. ;)

In all seriousness, that stuff is crazy rare. I've played a lot of Deimos and I have virtually unlimited of everything else, but I'll go through a hundred orange veins in caves and find not a single piece of Thaumica.

It would also be nice to have a minimap icon for our Necramech.

"Garv" always dies when I solo the easiest bounty. It's lvl15 and I'm MR17. Am I supposed to bring a full squad to kill enemies that get one hitted? Am I supposed to use a specific frame so I can protect the guy?

Compare this to the "protest the drone" Eidolon bounties  ... ?

I have this annoying bug that happens more than half of the time where I am unable to use my Archwing after the first vault and it stays that way until the end of T3. I think it is related to Necramech use inside the vault. 

It happens so much that I'm forced to use my K-drive on the terrible Deimos terrain.

Sorry If it was mentioned here already, but something must be done about it as it slows down any team I join with.

Probably been said already, but the bounty step involving Latrox Une drags on for WAY too long. I've been in instances where people are grinding for samples for upwards of three minutes. I think what would help is if either the Infested spawned much more aggressively or their sample drop rate was vastly increased.

Another issue is the "lure out Infested" bounty step; particularly when you have to kill infested in proximity to a certain point. The Infested AI tends to not play nice in this part, preffering to take potshots with their ranged spit/barb attacks instead of rushing the point per normal. They also have a bad habit of ignoring players outright simply to damage the point, which can be especially frustrating when combined with their odd preference for ranged attacks.

I think this is the most correct megathread to put this in.

Why do the Deimos Carnis have 10x the health of a Charger (and armour on top) if they spawn more often, have a less prominent hitbox, and use ranged attacks? There are many things wrong with the current Deimos Infested, but this is one of the most egregious.

I love the update however as im a solo player i am only able to do the first vault run - one necromech i can kill - two is not possible - I have 160 of the common orokin orientation matrix and 0 ballistic matrix of which i need 15 to rank up to level 3 so i can get the necromech blueprint - i have done around 30 single vault runs and with 0 ballistic matirx (when i need 15) i will never get a necromech - i am almost top rank with the entrati but that doesnt help at all - why arent these ballistic matrix craftable once reaching max rank with the entrati - that way solo players can still get a necromech without spending a year doing nothing but single vault runs

SOLO players will never have a necromech

Archived