Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

Isolation Vaults

Isolation vaults take too long for too little and too random of rewards.

Stage One: Upon beginning and Isolation Vault, you are met with a roughly thirty second dialogue section between Loid/Otak and Mother. During this time, no objectives are available to complete and you are left waiting around for the mission to actually "start." This is unnecessary, as there is only one set of dialogue and this bit of back-and forth could occur while collecting residue. Once the mission begins, you must find the bait station, and then depending on how many squad members you have, you must leave the bait station collect between six and twelve residue (Vome or Fass, depending on cycle.) This is fine, though having to find, then leave, then come back to the bait station feels odd, perhaps collect residue first, then find the bait station would flow better. After depositing the bait into the bait station, you must defend the station for two minutes. Enemies seem to rarely spawn, and when they do, not in very high numbers during this section, and it feels like a bit of just waiting around. Then, once done defending, you must take the bait and toss it at the marked Infested "mouth-door" to open it. If you miss the door with the bait, you must wait another two minutes to craft more bait. I personally, find this to be bad design, it's just more waiting, and can be abused by players to stop mission progression for the rest of the squad. Upon throwing the bait into the door, stage one of the Isolation Vault ends, and no rewards are given for this. I suggest rolling on the T1 table upon finishing this section. (Or T2 or T3 table, depending on what level of Isolation Vault you are doing at this time.)

Stage Two: During stage two, once making it through the "mouth door" you must fight in a large section of a cave with a high number of infested, some of while you can kill to lower a "toxicity" meter that (I assume) once is full, the mission is failed. I wouldn't know as it never seems to go higher than 60%, even after a recent hotfix buffing the meters rate or rising. This section takes three minutes, and during the last minute "tougher" Infested show up. Once done, a second "mouth door" opens and you may proceed to the location that gives this mission type its name. Stage two takes entirely too long to complete. This section should take a maximum of two minutes, and the pickups from particular Infested should lower the timer, as well as the toxicity, in my opinion. This section, even after the buff to the toxicity meter, just feels like it drags on for too long. I frequently play other mission types that have timers on them, as their are plenty of them in the game, but this particular section of this particular mission drags on for too long, I feel. At the end of this section, I feel like another roll on the Isolation vault table (T1, T2, or T3, depending on what level of vault you are on) would feel appropriate.

Stage Three: Once you have completed stage two you must "explore Entrati ruins" which turns directly into "Kill Necramech 0/?." The number of Necramechs are determined by the tier of vault you are doing, and while that feels appropriate, the droprates of Necramechs is not. Necramechs are quite tanky, have three specific spots you can hit them in for damage, and infinite energy to cast any of the abilities a player-owned Necramech can perform, including Storm Shroud, which on enemy Necramechs can sometimes be void dashed to remove (but this doesn't always work, and is in fact very, very inconsistent.) The Necramech or Necramechs also have the Necraweb ability, which causes a sort of AOE slow effect, but there is no real way to remove this effect from any Warframe, even on Warframes with abilities to remove status effects, you must simply wait the ability out. Doesn't feel great. Now, back to those droprates; If you go for all three vaults in one run, you will fight a total of six Necramechs. I won't go into the hard math of percentage droprate of mods, Scintillant, damaged Necramech parts, and the like but, suffice to say, that considering it must take a minimum (playing absolutely perfectly) five-and-a-half minutes to simply reach a Necramech (thirty second starting dialogue, two minute bait defense, three minute toxicity round.) The fact that the only guaranteed thing to get from e Necramech a Matrix, of different tiers depending on your tier of Isolation Vault, feels really bad. I personally must have run over a hundred Isolation Vaults overall and was still missing two damaged Voidrig Necramech parts, and assuming I didn't reach tier three every time, the average number of Necramechs I must have killed (and gotten drops for) would be about 350. In that time, I could not get all the parts that specifically drop from the Necramech enemy, for the Voidrig Necramech. I think it shows pretty strongly how poor the droprates for these parts actually feel if you consider when the hotfix that allowed the damaged Necramech parts came out, trading chat practically exploded with buy and sell offers, specifically for these pieces. (Which was also the way I finished getting the parts for my Voidrig Necramech, because I was just totally burnt out on doing Isolation Vault runs.) Voidrig Necramech mods are also tied directly in the the defeat of enemy Necramechs, with a chance at a single mod being at around 10%, I believe. I have six Necramech mods in total, two of which are duplicates. This is shockingly low. Overall, it feels like, if while playing at maximum theoretical efficiency, you can only kill six Necramechs in eighteen minutes (five-and-a-half minutes multiplied by three, taking no consideration for travel time to different mission areas or killing the Necramechs themselves, or collecting residue as part of stage one.) the droprate for Necramech stuff in general should be buffed, I'd say around 50% overall chance for any sort of mod, 75% overall chance for any damaged part, still guaranteed Matrix, and whatever sort of Scintillant droprate we are at now feels okay I suppose, but it feels like it could be a bit better.

Stage Four: After defeating the Necramech you can choose to either leave and end the mission, or find the vault cache door and "wake up" Loid. Then Loid will go and find four generators, take about fifteen seconds each to power them, and then return to the door and a code will be displayed for you to enter to unlock the door and complete the mission and allow you to loot the vault, and get your one (and only) roll on the rewards table for that particular Isolation vault, which doesn't feel like enough considering all the time invested. Loid moves around far, far, far too slowly during this section, and Infested spawn in very dense concentrations, but seem entirely uninterested in Loid, unless he is very near to where they spawn. I think that Loid needs to be about 50% faster at minimum, and if Infested are going to spawn, and spawn in such dense concentrations, they should, I suppose, at least attack the defense target (Loid) during this time. Also, again, similar to stage one's potential abuse of the "bait missed the mouth-door" redoing of defending the bait station. The three-try system of the vault door code could be abused to force your squad to fail. I purpose that it only displays the code on the first three tries, but allow for infinite attempts, perhaps with bonus rewards for getting the code right on the first try.

TL;DR: Start of mission is thirty seconds of forced waiting, bait door can be abused by trolls, toxicity cave takes too long, Necramech drops are bad, Loid moves way too slow, and the time it takes to actually be truly rewarded for your efforts is too long.

The token system has a flaw: It starts from the assumption that all players loved the side activities. But in truth, some of the community has a very distinct, colorful opinion on either mining, conservation or fishing. Making it a necessary activity in order to progress was, in my humble opinion, a mistake.

In my opinion, the best standing system yet is the Fortuna one, where there is Ticker providing a chanche to rank up even without spending years in the Vallis,looking for lost Orokin era gems, or three legged unicorns,several times.

Fighting Necramechs truly sucks complete ass. Literally nothing enjoyable about it, the whole experience is just awful. They really are peak terrible design. 

i love Deimos, but god those things just make me not want to bother with ISOs. Storm Shroud is more OP than Iron Skin on a Level 5 Lich, the slow is unbelievably harsh and their grenades will one-shot you clean through shield gating, even with aegis active. Also that damage reduction that scales off of your dps is so cheap, it basically forces you to use single big hits. 

The Strip Mining endless bounty is possibly the most enjoyable content that was released in this update. It feels like classic warframe to me, incredibly casual and you can sink hours into it.

Isolation vaults feel like a nice challenge when you're not cheesing with specific frames. I wish that Isolation vaults were endless and you didn't have to return to the Necralisk to reset. Additionally, content that is tied to day/night cycles is never typically a good idea - if I am only able to hop on for an hour or two, it would be nice to be able to do what I wanted and not have to wait for 20-30 minutes for the rotation to happen so I know I can complete all three vaults.

Please add Necramech mods to the bounty drop tables. The amount of iso vaults people are expected to run just for basic mods is ridiculous. Recycling the Acolyte mods was silly and lazy. While I do appreciate them getting freed up from being event only items, I don't understand why they've ended up on Deimos. Have them drop from sentients or something.

Thaumica and Necrathene need to have their drop rates increased. I have more Xenorhast and Embolos than the past 2 combined, and those are meant to be very rare ores. Finding random comments have said that certian areas of the Drift have a higher chance to give those ores, but that doesn't help the point that they aren't being weighted properlly in the drop tables.

Even with the Scintillant being added to isolation vaults and Mechs, its still just a damm mess to farm for. Scintillant is not gauranteed to spawn in Vaults or drop from Mechs, and the drop rate for it is too low even with it in multiple places to farm for it.

-Ayatan Amber Star on the highest level bounty is a bad reward, other bounties have Ayatan Amber Star as a reward but the highest one having it is just a waste of space where an Scinitillant can be. Or at least make the Steel Path bounty have Scintillant.

-Have seperate bounties for the Isolation Vault Tiers and maybe up the difficulty. This way players can get the T3 right away at a difficult level while getting a chance of the rewards they seek.

Conservation / Son tokens are really unbalanced:

In Fortuna / POE a single conservation mission gives a minum of 200 standing (a bad capture of a very common low level critter) and the associated tag.
A consevation in EOD gives no standing and you must excange multiple tags to get a single token (a token worth of 100 standing).

Conservations should reward directly "son tokens" (1 for common/bad, 2 for uncommon/good, 3 or more for rare/perfect capture ) and tags exchanged for flufs.

Scintillans farming shuold be rebalanced too. Drop rate is abysmal.

Could you please fix the Vault Necramechs so they don't spam Storm Shroud? The scaling damage resistance based on your dps is enough of a hindrance. Having a mechanic where if the RNG hates you you can't damage the damn thing for 5 minutes straight because they keep recasting that instead of regenerating its arms is pure rage inducing.

purple velocipods are absolutely dumb idea to add to a blueprint of a major update. 
You cant force them to spawn
you cant lure them
You just need to fly in circles around the area they supposedly spawn, with a tranq rifle in your hands, hoping it will start beeping, but for me personally, for last 20 hours, it starts beewping either rarely or for any other animal.

I`m doing a dumb runs around the area, not participating in any other activity, not having fun, not gaining something useful, just trying to spawn those damn velocipods.
Random RNG for a random RNG for a random RNG for a major upgrade in the game, which you are forced to do right after you been forced to do a bunch of other hunting activity, which apparantly not enough people liked and participated before, so now it`s mandatory and everyone will SHURELY LIKE IT NOW, YES, THATS EXACTLY HOW THAT WORKS. 
Unless, when im grinding for ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING ELSE, `im getting SOMETHING as oppose to absolutely anything i get while flying rounds around the possible spawning area. 

Maybe said system is absolutely awesome but it feels like i`ll take another few years brake from the game rather than continue to do this.
Not fun, not useful, not interesting, not related to lore, means nothing, achives nothing. Thanks a lot.

Um ....a few things (only tried in Steel Path solo bounties so far) :

• Cauldron charging - felt really slow, enemies are so few. Probably increase total needed to kill while increasing mob spawns?
  • Data collection for Corpus - very slow, the amount of spawn and drop rate is really low. If the drop rate is indeed kept low, probably increase amount of spawns? This part felt really empty

Jugulus - Extremely OP beyond believe _(:3」Haven't seen some patch notes, so, not sure if there's a change or not ..... but I did find 4 Jugulus in close proximity when doing solo Bounties before .... gave up on damaging them, and just collecting things (Purifier part), then ran away. Their accuracy also felt extreme (do their attacks have perfect homing? I felt I can't escape) ..... When met with 2 (or those 4), ignoring them and kept moving around (bullet jumping non-stop), they still manage to land a hit, proccing gas ..... lost 4 lives over that Purifier + 4 Jugulus alone, I think _(:3」Any plan to do some kind of nerf for that? Either being able to evade their attacks by being mobile, or kinda nerf that Gas damage? Proc / hit = dead felt very cheap way to die _(:3」

Thanks

On 2020-08-25 at 11:59 PM, corallein said:

The far far southwest Avichea trail marker is bugged because no trail shows up on the hard rock. I eventually located the lure point underneath a gigantic structure (just outside the energy well thingy), but no Avichea ever showed up when the lure was used.

I had the same problem but I had a trail

I assume Fishing in the Drift is covered here.

I've spent quite a bit of time fishing and I've come to the conclusion that the constant glass fissures interrupting my fishing is tedious and I'm going to be giving it a miss until after this season of Nightwave is thankfully overwith. The repeated glass explosions as they spawn next to me killing countless fish I've expended bait on attracting has happened one too many times for my liking.

Does DE remember why fishing on Plains during Plague Star was so hated?

No, I don't suppose they do.

Isolvaults could use an overhaul. The missions stacked up make for a very boring, anti-interactive composition. 

Gathering wyrm bait is all right, but the bait concoction is the first waiting game. One and a half minutes of no real threat, just standing around a single defense target.

Then there's the second door, where the game turns to survival, and you're waiting about three minutes for the game to allow you to continue. 

Then there's the Necramech fight, which is actually pretty active and fun.

Then there's another waiting game as you wait for Otak and Loid to get their coffee. Seriously, the Necraloid should get its speed doubled. Even after clearing the four MobDef points, it takes about a full minute for him to return to the door, for no reason at all.

Overall, an Iso-Vault is mostly comprised of waiting games, which makes it incredibly dull to slog through.

Here I am with more feedback.

1. Why the heck did you change 'dismount kdrive' from interact to melee? I spent like 20 minutes dismounting by flinging myself into walls cuz I thought you just went and broke something again.
  2. Visibility on enemies is honestly REALLY BAD sometimes. Everything's brown or brownish red with bits of yellow on it.
  3. I jumped into a broken Necramech for the first time. I tried out the immobile turret power, since Snake didn't get that one I think. Upon changing back, I couldn't shoot or use powers or even EXIT the bastard thing and had to exit to Necralisk. So that was a fun first impression.
  4. Why the heck is the Necraloid area Operator Only? You let us go there in our Warframe during the mission and the only person in there is Loid who doesn't care! Until today I thought it would just let me back in when I got to a certain rank, but nope! Just arbitrarily Op-only now with no warning. Thanks DE.
  5. Enemy spawning SUUUUUUCKS. Not the numbers, I don't have an opinion on those, but the method of spawning. On the other open worlds, enemies are introduced via two methods. Drop Pod/Warp, or Dropship. I assume that the floaty spawner things are the dropship equivalent, and them just EMERGING from the ground is the Drop Pod/Warp equivalent, but these are very different things. Corpus Warps and Grineer Drop Pods both have distinct audio cues, and can plainly be seen from a distance. A brown blob emerging from the brown dirt amid brown foliage from which a brown enemy emerges with a splat that sounds like every other splat is NOT HELPFUL. There's no cues as to when something is spawning or from where, so things basically just APPEAR from wherever they like with no warning. The floaty drop pod equivalents are also dead silent. Please change.

Thoughts on how to improve Conservation on Deimos:

1. Allow 'Good' and 'Perfect' captures to award extra Tags. As much as I love the Entrati Tokens as a form of storytelling through gameplay, there's no denying replacing direct Standing rewards for animal captures with this system of trading tags for Son tokens has kinda made Conservation on Deimos less fun than it should be, especially now that Good and Pxcellent captures don't award more Standing than bad captures. A simple solution would be to let Good and Perfect captures award bonus tags instead, anywhere from Good offering a 50-50 chance of one or two Tags and Perfect a flat 2 Tags to perhaps even letting Good and Perfect award 2 and 3 Tags, respectively. This would significantly decrease the number of Conservations needed to earn enough Tags for trade should you consistently perform well, translating into a probable increase in Son tokens earned, and if applied retroactively to Cetus and Fortuna offers no game-breaking side-effects besides making Floofs easier to stockpile.

2. Introduce an Infested Tranq Rifle upgrade with relative direction indicator as a high-level reward from Son's wares. Pretty much what it sounds like. Animals small, verticality annoying, why not let us buy a blueprint that lets us combine our Tranq Rifle with some Infested bits and/or some predatory animal tags or two to implant our trustworthy tool with an Infested augmentation that more or less gives it a sense of smell, represented in-game by a colored glow on the borders of our scoped view indicating the direction of any nearby conservation targets that are within detection range but not currently on-screen. Jury's out whether this would be a straight upgrade to the Tranq or perhaps an optional trade-off that is less stealthy when fired, or even if it's simply a purely detective tool that can be switched out for the Tranq until you've found and are ready to bag your quarry, but either way I would very much like to have some means of where in this 360-degree dome of open space and climbing spots I'm supposed to be pointing my scope to find the Avichea I just summoned.

Oh hey, and I just fought my first non-mission Necramech and it was honestly god awful. Small, flailing arms as the only initial weakpoint, ludicrous gobs of damage, it just deciding to not take damage and reflect it (WITH STATUS EFFECTS), and then when the arms ARE off, the weakpoint is on its back. The back it is constantly turning away from you.

Oh but it has a charge move to let you get behind it! ... Except that charge move covers an area the size of texas and explodes at the end, so it's got a massive likelihood of hitting you and putting you on your ass anyway, and by the time you get up it's already recovered and facing you again.

DE please. Stop making bosses that are just impenetrable masses of invulnerabilities. It's not fun.

Okay so... now that I have the Helminth Segment and played around with that I have some things that should be looked at...
The amounts required for each feeding eh some of them are okay but for the most part they REALLY need to be lowered, because the apatite system doesn't have a cycle that I've seen, you end up being forced into using (in some cases) 20000 of a resource to get 3% ... that is RIDICULOUS
I personally was expecting that 'I' was going to set the amounts I was feeding him and each resource had a value per unit ... So I could 100% full up say.. Calx by feeding him more of what he's craving rather than feeding him one predetermined set and then he no longer gets that craving bonus >,<

3 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Okay so... now that I have the Helminth Segment and played around with that I have some things that should be looked at...
The amounts required for each feeding eh some of them are okay but for the most part they REALLY need to be lowered, because the apatite system doesn't have a cycle that I've seen, you end up being forced into using (in some cases) 20000 of a resource to get 3% ... that is RIDICULOUS
I personally was expecting that 'I' was going to set the amounts I was feeding him and each resource had a value per unit ... So I could 100% full up say.. Calx by feeding him more of what he's craving rather than feeding him one predetermined set and then he no longer gets that craving bonus >,<

Tbh, the only problematic resource is Bile, considering it's used for almost everything. There needs to be more "wasteable" resources in that category, imo.

Also, the fact that you HAVE to infuse abilities to be able to fully level up is odd imo.

15 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Honestly I think the requirements for Railjack-related resources are bugged or mistyped- the lowest values you see are about 10k, and that's almost half my entire reserves of my most plentiful resource and exponentially greater than my max amount of the rest on a good day. Numbers need to be reduced by an order of ten or two.

15 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Tbh, the only problematic resource is Bile, considering it's used for almost everything. There needs to be more "wasteable" resources in that category, imo.

Also, the fact that you HAVE to infuse abilities to be able to fully level up is odd imo.

IMO Cryotic and Argon aren't exactly hard to come by, but I do see what you mean.

Conversely I feel like actually using Helminth as a requirement to level it up makes a lot of sense all things considered.

Skipping the economy system, since there is a specific thread for it and million feedback threads. None combat activities are even more annoying here. Again, you are forcing none Combat activities that were completely optional in Vallis. I do not understand why. It is like you are tying to frustrate most of player base for no good reason.

CD looks cool, but is super washed out. Everything blends in together in a grayish magenta look. It is good to look at for few minute, but bad for combat. Especially that many mobs share the same colors. CD has only one landmark, Necrlisk. Everything else looks the same. Overall, the place I would visit the least between current 3 open worlds.

Bounties are good, but suffer from a couple of issues. I have done only the level 100 bounty so that is what I will cover. Bounties take too long. This Is balanced by being nearly 3 times as efficient as Vallis or PoE for farming standing. Not a fan of bounty stages having stages. Some bounties had issues in enough enemies spawning. And, of course, they get repetitive.

It is good to finally see the infested being a bit of a threat. Still relatively the easiest open world, but it is that they are not a complete roll over. 

This does not matter as much, but Demios is a captured asteroid that is 6km wide and is not even spherical. It has no effective gravity and no atmosphere. Having infested and life forms on its surface is beyond unrealistic. Sure, there is much that happens in Warframe that is not scientifically accurate, but it happens mostly on planets, or large moons. We could have used one of the large moons in the solar system. There are tons of them. The Grainner could torch the entity of Demios very easily. It is only 23k from Mars. I think Demios, as a location for an infested moon, was a terrible choice. It feels like the selection criteria was only cool name.

Enemy Necramechs, rather than having an "invulnerable" health bar when their shield is up, should have a purple overshield bar that visibly depletes - assuming that you are indeed able to damage their "iron skin" invulnerability with weapons fire. I'm not even entirely clear if that is how it works or not.

Archived