Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Cambion Drift & Activities Feedback

SilverBones

Hello, congrats on launching another major update. The Entrati are all incredibly set up and I'm looking forward to seeing the deeper aspects of their personality we'll probably unlock by playing for them. As for the feedback, I have two point to make right now.

1. Bounties in the Cambion Drift have a mission type which calls you to find 3 hidden tumors somewhere nearby. I have failed it every single time it appeared. Looking for the right kind of tumor in a landscape full of tumors may not be the best way to set up a search and destroy mission type. Everything in the drift is a tumor or a growth and there are no indicators or explanations on how this tumor is even supposed to look. I still haven't even seen one (or maybe I have, I wouldn't know because they all look the same). They may be more obvious to spot on higher end systems, but I can tell you that on LOW settings, it's impossible. As a matter of fact, the whole level is really hard to navigate in general. Everything is the color of mud, except the glowing tumors. They command your focus and you can even interact with them (pop them), which suggests some gameplay function but there actually isn't one. This level has its highlights but it would GREATLY benefit from a visual decluttering pass. OR, if you are not willing to commit to this, at least implement something similar to the mining scan indicator you recently added to certain objectives.
  2. The Vault tiers all have the same name and there are zero indications which one you're doing. The missions, the dialogue and the objectives are identical. The MECH in the second vault is unkillable. It reflects damage back to you even when his second ability doesn't look activated (the blue aura around its head). I fought one for 20 minutes the other day and killed myself out of revives. The only way you can kill it is to one shoot it before it can even activate the ability for the first time because once it's up, it will always be up (even when it appears it's not).  

We need something to help targeting conservation targets heres an example on how it can be difficult to see them :

hFeaeH7.png

Spoiler

Target is to the right above the "&" symbol, it is a cryptilex.

My suggestion would be that Son sells a new type of Tranq rifle like we have the Sunpoint Plasma drill and can have widgets.

for example : 

- indicates the meters to the target / bipping intensifies if we point to the target (this one should be the default upgrade)

- highligths the zone where the target is, I think we dont really need a direct waypoint, a yellow zone on minimap like the one for finding the calling point would be sufficient

- number of shots increased to 6 or at least 6 maybe 9 would be great because targets spawn at most by 3 and sometimes targets need 2 shots or you can simply miss.

I know theres intention to add something to conservation to help though, just some ideas.

There is an unofficial requirement to obtain your own necramech that, while not the worst, is very annoying. In order to buy the blueprints for necramech parts you need agenesis security rating. In order to obtain that rating you need to sacrifice a Zymos Blueprint. That blueprint can only be purchased if you are mastery rank 11 or higher, which I think is too high a requirement, as it seems the main requirement around obtaining a necramech is able to do iso vaults (and have completed the second dream quest), and this is an unnecessary limitation.

Overall though, this is a really fun expansion, and the cambion drift is really interesting.

I don't know if it is intended, but the Deimos Jungulus is way too strong in my opinion. Let me explain why 

I was doing the Tier 2 bounty (the one with "common" scintillant drop), which is level 15-25, with my Mesa (~900 health, with 3 enabled and Adaptation). I usualy use the Mesa build I was using on level 50+ missions, and in this bounty, my mesa got destroyed so easily, either by Gaz procs, or Slash procs, or just pure damage.

This problem leads to limiting the used warframes in Cambion Drift. For me, at the moment, the only "viable" options for survive ability in Cambion Drift are Inaros or Grendel.

It would be nice to look into that and kinda lower the base damage (and possibly tweak the damage scaling) of it to not get rekt.

Under no circumstance should you ever tamper with enemies having 100% damage reduction. It bugged out with Sargas Ruk, and it's bugging out now with the Necramech bosses. I've only done second vaults twice, because on both occasions, the second mech bugged out and never dropped his 100% DR shield. 

It doesn't work, it didn't back then and it doesn't now. make it 99% at most so even when the game bugs out, players can grit their teeth and grind their asses off to finish the fight. Right now, it just locks you out if the AI director realises he can win by simply holding 2. (Or 3. Whichever the shield is.)

Having troubles seeing animal tracks,  especially the bird one where they are small and the grass makes up for the reason why its bad.

and tracks path is too long

And different icon for when the trail beginning is in the open and when its in a cave

Following on from my earlier post in this thread, I've just done an Isolation Vault bounty.
I'm hoping this will draw attention to the Storm Shroud frequency/duration problem.

Here is a comprehensive log from when I started recording my screen, to the mech being killed:

Spoiler

0:00 - shield already up, recording begins.
2:42 - shield down.
2:50 - shield up.
2:55 - shield down.
3:07 - shield up.
3:16 - shield down.
3:20 - shield up.
9:20 - shield down.
9:31 - shield up.
9:40 - shield down.
9:54 - shield up.
9:58 - shield down.
10:06 - shield up.
10:13 - shield down.
10:23 - shield up.
10:37 - shield down.
10:38 - shield up.
10:42 - shield down.
10:51 - shield up.
10:54 - shield down.
10:57 - mech killed.

TLDR;
Storm shroud was inactive for a total of 1 minute, 20 seconds.
Storm shroud was active for a whopping 9 minutes, 37 seconds.

I've seen a few comments on other threads saying that the arms need to be targetted. Please note that when storm shroud is active; the entire Necramech is completely invulnerable. Arms cannot be damaged, nor can the rest of the Necramech. Throughout the fight, I used both void dash & my amp hundreds of times to try and lower the shields, to no avail during the long periods.

Solutions, some of which I mentioned previously, for your consideration..

1. Limit the duration of the ability.
  2. Limit the re-cast of the ability (cooldown).
  3. Allow void dash/amp to reliably disable the ability.

I hope this brings some visibility to what would be a really amazing fight, but is currently a waiting game.

Spawn rate on fish seems extremely low, even while using bait. Compared to PoE and Orb Vallis where fish spawn in at just about a rate you can catch them, in the Drift, I'm constantly standing around waiting for at least 30 seconds between fish.

On 2020-08-29 at 5:45 PM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The Deimos Jugulus and Carnis enemies need a weakspot similar to the Deimos Saxum enemies. The Jugulus and Carnis get extremely tanky at higher levels, and its actually rather ironic that the update even included the weapon Zymos, which requires enemy weakspots to even deal any damage. And to anyone wondering, no, the Jugulus didn't seem to take any extra damage even when shooting their mouth when its open, and the Carnis dont take extra damage no matter where you shoot them.

The Jugulus definitely takes headshot damage. If not, something very funky has been consistently happening on my end. The Saxum enemies having their shoulder pods as a weak spot to deal massive damage once they're destroyed is a really nice touch, but the Jugulus certainly seems to follow the normal Warframe rules of being faster to deal with with some aim. 

10 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

There is something I definitely don't like about Deimos or the new infested enemies in general, aside from a few units Infested were the melee faction, they even got biffs recently to be more threatening at close range... what did we get on HoD? more than half the new units and a few old ones now have ranged attacks, another lazy attempt to make these enemies "more difficult" aside from also giving them armor, you know what's the saddest part? there is this peculiar bounty segment where you have to kill enemies inside a certain area to charge up a device, when the segment needs to be more "difficult" the game throws less chargers, leapers and crawlers at you and instead just spawns a ton of ranged units which like to stay outside the circle, they are also for the most part immune to a lot of CC abilities which could allow you to pull them inside, basically another clear sign of developers never playing their game.

I do not agree at all. I'm glad there are ranged attacks in the mix. Infested mobs have always been kind of a joke and these feel varied and threatening without being overpowering masses of immunities like the Vallis Corpus heavies can be. Without ranged attacks, there are weapons and frames that could shut them down completely.

I feel like the drop table for the endless missions in Deimos could use some adjustment, namely the amber star's drop rate.

I just did 5 rounds, so 15 rewards. Out of those 15 rewards, ten of them were amber stars.

A few days ago when i was playing i couldn't even finish two rounds, because every single reward i got was an amber star.

So out of the 20 rewards I've received from the endless mode, 15 of them were amber stars.

There's 15 other things that can drop as a reward, so to have amber stars be 15 out of 20 drops is pretty absurd.

Vaults giving mostly relics is complete garbage, not only we already have HUNDREDS of places to get relics, we are expected to do the vault THREE TIMES in a row, WITH A TIME LIMIT, to get a CHANCE at the necromech weapon parts.

Let us choose the vault difficulty, if I dont need the easy vault rewards I'm just wasting 40 minutes to get to the hard vault.

Give us a reward per vault bounty stage, doing 3 stages to get one reward (two with bonus) is garbage. Reminds me of the early Plains where you had to do a 5 stage bounty for ONE WISP.

Remove all the relics from there. Seriously, we already have hundreds of places to farm relics. Normal bounties already have relics and they give 1 reward per stage.

Make Loid fly faster. He just ZOOMS during the opening cutscene but during the mission he moves at snail pace. He actually moves slows than you running with a hobbled key.

Edit:

And on a second note, PLEASE change the bounty start triggers to BEFORE the voice lines. I really dont want to sit there waiting for the same voice line for the hundredth time so the bounty can start. JUST START IT ALREADY.

I am not sure if this is just really bad luck on my friends side but they told/showed me after they did some mining on Deimos that the rarity value of the different nodes seems a little off. After mining for some time they had gotten 28 Thaumica (Drops in 6-20) and 28 Xenohast (Drops in 1-2). Also Xenohast is supposed to be more rare then Thaumica. This is after 2 hours of mining.
This could be something behind RNG but seems a little off to me. Not sure if others have noticed this?NodesA.jpgNodesB.jpg

5 hours ago, fabien21920 said:

I don't know if it is intended, but the Deimos Jungulus is way too strong in my opinion. Let me explain why 

I was doing the Tier 2 bounty (the one with "common" scintillant drop), which is level 15-25, with my Mesa (~900 health, with 3 enabled and Adaptation). I usualy use the Mesa build I was using on level 50+ missions, and in this bounty, my mesa got destroyed so easily, either by Gaz procs, or Slash procs, or just pure damage.

This problem leads to limiting the used warframes in Cambion Drift. For me, at the moment, the only "viable" options for survive ability in Cambion Drift are Inaros or Grendel.

It would be nice to look into that and kinda lower the base damage (and possibly tweak the damage scaling) of it to not get rekt.

100% agreed.
Every open world in Warframe feels much harder than any normal missions of the same tier. So many insta-death by unknown damage from far away which never happens in normal missions.
Is there any good reason or design philosophy behind this? Open worlds have much more enemies around us, so should it be opposite?
Actually, this weird difficulty is what makes me not to go to Vallis and PoE. Why DE thinks open worlds should be end-contents-ish thing?

MINING FEEDBACK

Spent a big chunk of time yesterday mining as Im trying to build my mech.  Here are some thoughts....

• Feels like 90%+ red/yellow nodes,  10%- Blue nodes...  maybe change it to 70/30 or 66/33 or 60/40.....  
  • Bapholite is 95%+ the drop from red nodes....  This needs cut back severely..  adramalium should get upped a little.   Thaumica needs upped ALOT.   Not sure if anything else drops from red nodes...   But getting Bapholite so frequently sucks.  
  • You know the tiny zone you have for extra/rare resources you have in the mini-game while drilling?? I think the chance of those occuring should be bumped up slightly,  I didnt get very many of those for red/yellow node or blue nodes.  

Some glitchy stuff happening still:

• Mining nodes spawn in or under those environemental zits,  If you intention was for us to pop the zit and then see the mining node its not working.  (kinda makes me wonder if you didnt use these specific nodes for rare resource??).  Is there some mining laser coming that lets you see through the environment to be able to shoot through broken zits to mine the ore under ??   I saw lots of nodes buried under these last night.  
  • I saw quite a few mining nodes (mostly all the red/yellow node) where the blue spots you would have to drill were UNDER the graphic for the mining node making it impossible to near impossible to see so you couldnt drill the ore out

All I wanted was Thaumica. Was dropping rarely so I bought a resource booster and drop chance booster. 9/10 times orange gave bapholite and teal gave tiametrite. Something is not right that even with boosters only a single drop of 9 Thaumica dropped (18 as show with booster). These numbers really need to be revisited.ATHQrPq.jpg?1

Current thoughts on Heart of Deimos content, in no particular order:

-I agree somewhat with the recurring sentiment of allowing players to challenge the Isolation Vaults out of order, for those who wish to grind specifically for the Necramech content offered by the highest Tier Vaults without spending time or effort on the lower-tier Vaults first in order to reach them. I could see this problem being solved in one of two ways; either:

• Do allow players to choose their desired Vault tier at start, and change the "tracking" for which Vaults have been cleared within a single Wyrm phase for the purpose of bonus rewards to account for non-linear progression, and/or
  • Alter the Vault drop tables across the board for all 3 Tiers of Vault, to place greater emphasis on unique Deimos/Necramech related content; either trimming down on "filler" content like Relics and Ayatan Stars so that even the T1 Vault has a rare but still significant chance of dropping Necramech components and mods that increases further on the more difficult Vaults.

-On the topic of drop rarities, according to the Warframe Wiki, Damaged Necramech components have uneven drop chances, with the Pod and Engine drops being nearly twice as rare as the Weapon Pod and Casing drops. I feel all four Damaged Necramech Components should possess even drop rates; while I understand the desire for scarcity, years of farming for Warframe Part Blueprints has taught us that if 3-4 components are given an even drop chance, "Desire Sensor" and RNG will naturally create artificial rarity in one component over another for each player, ensuring a player with theoretically equal chances of obtaining each component will still need a considerable number of runs to acquire a full set of each.

-Consider giving Good or Perfect Animal Captures at least a chance of yielding more than a single Tag per animal; while I appreciate the Entrati Token system as a means of earning Standing from a lore perspective, it creates a clear imbalance in rewarding good skill or fortune in Conservation compared to the likes of Mining, Fishing, or basic resource gathering. Increasing the value of Son tokens to compensate for this discrepancy was a good start (to say nothing of the lore implication of Grandmother rewarding you more significantly for helping her most clearly troubled grandson), but the lack of incentive or reward to do well in Conservation still remains. Rewarding additional Tags for excellent captures (for example, 2 per Excellent capture, 50/50 1-2 for Good, and just 1 for Bad) would significantly ease the tedium of stockpiling Tags for trade, while still contending with such factors as animal subspecies scarcity and Token requests requiring 5 tags each of the desired animals to ensure Son tokens retain their additional value. Playtesting would be necessary for certain, but it is still there for consideration.

-If there isn't already a Boot-equivalent "trash" item obtainable by missing fish in the Exocrine with the new Spears, please consider adding one.

Hunting wild animals in Deimos needs a BIG quality of life update. it feels terrible and i find myself sighing more often than anything, we need more cues as to what direction to be looking in like with mining.

One of the best quality of life updates for hunting would be to let us choose what colour the animals glow when we see them through the sights, Diemos is covered with orange bioeluminescent growths and structures which make finding things way harder than necesary.
Add that with the fact that the avichaea are tiny and they only spawn in the area with the largest orange glowing growth in the entire map and you'll find the mechanic is just irritating and tedious instead of interesting and rewarding. I find myself looking for dark objects in the map to stare through until i see an orange glow.

Mining has cues on the map UI as well as audio and visual cues updating realtime for the player, the audio changes when you look the right way, the map updates showing the distance of the resource and the drill points even have a UI box around them now.

Meanwhile hunting audio beep is about as useful a having a 500m radius orange search circle on the minimap. it gives no indication of distance to the target and it doesn't update realtime like with mining... it updates after a second or two delay.

13 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

The Jugulus definitely takes headshot damage. If not, something very funky has been consistently happening on my end. The Saxum enemies having their shoulder pods as a weak spot to deal massive damage once they're destroyed is a really nice touch, but the Jugulus certainly seems to follow the normal Warframe rules of being faster to deal with with some aim. 

I couldnt replicate it myself in simulacrum. I've been running Banshee in the bounties to counter the lack of damage.

I don't really have issues with anything currently, other than Scintillant from Necramechs drops too infrequently, I think it could really use a higher drop chance, even if by a little bit.

My other issue is a bit dumb, but hear me out: (Spoiler warning if someone viewing this thread hasn't completed The War Within)

Spoiler

I generally don't have a issue with Necramechs, but I don't really like how you need MR14 to buy the blueprint you need to rank up with the Necraloid faction, to get the main blueprint for the Voidrig Necramech. I kinda just locks a part of the main appeal of doing the Heart of Deimos quest behind a MR requirement that would take a while to meet.

Mining nodes need to not either A: Be swallowed by the geography, or B not be on the most ridiculous places like on these thing spaghetti string tendrils connecting two separate walls.

Animal hunting/conservation spawn rates need a boost...for the TWO purple bugs (velocipods?) I've gotten, I've gotten HUNDREDS ot the burrowing bugs, viziers, and Slys.

Why is it velocipods are the hardest spawn along with the small birds?
...also please for the love of god reduce the spawn rate on those little Deimos drones that attack you in the air...literally can't sit still long enough in the air without getting attacked to scan for wildlife.

Honestly? It feels like the animal spawn rates are so bad because you want us to buy plat so we'll just buy the tags with plat and save the time. Which is a low move man. Even if that's not the case? It feels like it.

Part of that is RNG. I had my purple Velocipods before I had started farming Avicheas, because I wandered into them during bounties. Just running out into the Drift and canvassing a bit, you can usually find a group of Velocipods in less time than it takes to do a echo lure cycle, but the purple ones are rarest.

5 hours ago, SB2468 said:

My other issue is a bit dumb, but hear me out: (Spoiler warning if someone viewing this thread hasn't completed The War Within)

Hide contents

I generally don't have a issue with Necramechs, but I don't really like how you need MR14 to buy the blueprint you need to rank up with the Necraloid faction, to get the main blueprint for the Voidrig Necramech. I kinda just locks a part of the main appeal of doing the Heart of Deimos quest behind a MR requirement that would take a while to meet.

It makes me wonder, since the original plan was for the Helminth to be MR 15, which would make the two big power tools of Deimos both limited to players with intermediate or more experience. Kinda feel like that should have stayed high and this Necramech MR check have been lowered.

Isolation vault is a great idea and has a potential to be a lot of fun. But it was some glaring problems really limiting its ability to be competitive, engaging and exciting.

First why is there no clock on the cycles within the necralisk? Why did they put the time trial timer server side and not player/group side, besides the reason to slow the rate people are able to engage in the content. It's definitely a lot more fun if you the player control the start of your round. Waiting for the server time to catch up to your free time is just never a solid idea.

Not really sure why the hard time increase on the time gate to first phase. Hard Time Gates with no counter play isn't fun. 90 seconds or even 60 seconds flat time is not fun or engaging. Why not add a component that allows for you to speed up the rate you are able to move through the phase if you are engaging the trial effectively. Put more weight on strategic, and efficient play. Spawn rate here feels insanely light

Second phase has the same thing wrong with the first phase. Not engaging enough, just a 3min survival dependent on a mob spawning. Barely have to pay attention to this phase. Kind of boring to just sit around wait for one dude to spawn. Spawn rate here is also pretty low.

Third phase against the necramech. The necramechs are insanely buggy and spazzy which everyone loves. The Shield component is strange, there's a lot of guessing built around it. Should be more defined so you can counter it with certainty rather than just having to guesstimate. When is the absorb phase? How much damage did it absorb? The nulifier pulse seems really random, no engaging counter play. The answer to this fight is just bring an ignis wraith which isnt fun. Should also be able to run loid while you are fighting the necramechs, should be a player choice wither or not you can start the bonus phase while also fighting the necramechs at the same time, should be rewarded with less time investment if you are able to protect and destroy at the same time. Fights shouldn't feel to structured but they should definitely be better structured than my post.

Love this game, but so much of the actual repeatable content feels unfinished and unpolished. If they could get the flaws fixed and make it more engaging the content would be fantastic. Could actually see the isolation vault being an actual competitive pve game mode.

The fact that conservation animals spawn naturally in the Drift, and do so in greater numbers than you will encounter when doing conservation traditionally, is not communicated anywhere. The freer, more relaxing, and more efficient method of farming this essential part of the update, because all of the optional side minigames are no longer optional, is kept hidden from the player, meaning that unless they're already invested in the game to do the research themselves, they are going to have a worse experience. If Conservation in its original form is not changed (adding any of the multiplicity of gimmicks and benefits the Fortuna drill has, for example), then the alternative to this slog of a gamemode for minimal rep gain should be communicated anywhere in the mucking update.

Oh, also, if you're not going to fix the years-old bug that permanently locks you in place with the fishing spear orbiting your Warframe, unable to perform actions, at least don't make fishing mandatory.

Not sure if this has been said before, but please remove the cycle restriction on Isolation Vault Bounties. The experience of Fortuna is vastly better than Plains of Eidolon because it is not so heavily time-restricted. There is a reason Plains Night cycles and Sentient Anomalies on launch were heavily criticized. It's anti-fun to force players to create a gaming schedule based on an arbitrary server timer.

Also, please add a Steel Path version with amped up rewards and the active Mod Chance Booster. This would encourage high level Necramech engagements with better chances at mod and Scintillant rewards and rewarding players for taking good gear setups (I said this before but in the wrong thread oops).

Great work on that new open world in Heart of Deimos. I love the look and feel of the infested map... cliffs, infestation masses/roots/thigamajigies, viscous fluid, etc. It is very appealing, smaller than I would have liked, but maybe you guys may open it up later on. The Entrati were very well done, I love their personalities (hoping there's something about Grandfather later on). The token system was a bit different, but I understand what you guys were aiming for...I can work with that. The Grandmother token system, well, I haven't done much there yet but it's looking daunting already with the token combinations.

There are a few things I believe needs work:

-Aesthetics Hiding the Enemies: I'm a big fan of taking out enemies with big blasts, but it's really challenging to spot teh enemies in the "natural vegetation" unless it's a jugulus. Combine this with the red hue of everythign and I depend on my Helios to show up the locations of enemies on teh minimap and just throw my zaw in the general direction for an explosion i know will catch a few hidden enemies. I understand the look you guys were going for, and I do love exploring the landscape, if only the enemies didn't look like the vegetation. Maybe shorter infested grass? I always see the purple auras of the Carnis, but that's about it... those face-huggers, they're the most difficult thing to spot.

- Conservation rewards: I LOVE conservation. saying that, I feel that Perfect/Good/Bad captures doesn't feel like their weighted properly. There's no reward for good and perfect captures (tag-wise). They all result in the same number of tags. This is an issue since there is no longer a standing reward for your skill of capture on the CD. I'm on the fence about the tag trading for tokens; noticed you recently reduced the amount of tags needed but still think it's not weighted fairly if you compare conservation standing rewards for PoE and OV. I used conservation to rank up standing pretty quickly on the first 2 open worlds, but I feel like it's a task here.

- Cauldron-Charging Bounty: when you reach that part of the bounty where you have to kill enemies to charge the cauldron to summon the Rex infested, there is just not enough enemies to get this done quickly. This makes the bounty take WAY too long imo, which brings me to another point...

- Bounty Times: shouldn't be so long as to make players feel as if they're taking much longer than their counterparts on PoE and OV. Maybe, increase number of enemies (we all love that) and make the bounty complete quicker by obtaining the required item from killing them? That 2 minute wait to get into the Isolation Vault isn't my fav part of that mission.

- Necramech Scaling and Invulnerability Time: The first vault I can take out teh necramech without much stress, but as I progress to the second and third vault I'm glad I did a lot of work on my Nehza to convert all that damage into armor. They seem to scale up exponentially instead of progressively and I don't know if I've just not discovered their weak points yet but it takes me crazy long to do the 2nd and 3rd vault runs. This isn't just because they are tanky as hell, but also their invulnerability time is pretty long. You guys should think about that.

-Ore Rarity: I've noticed that the rarest ores are failry easy to get, but I'm struggling to find any Necrathene and Thaumica. Was this intended? I wan't to believe it's prob a mistake. Please check on this. I have been faming since the update came out and have acquired only 40 necrathene and 86 thaumica. Something is off there.

-FIsh Numbers too Small: I've noticed that the number of fish that appear is quite small and the wait between appearances is also a bit long. I also enjoy catching fish on the open worlds, a different pace when u just want to ease off of killing mobs. But the time I have to wait on the CD makes me give up and do something else. 

All in all, this is a great update, I always appreciate all teh hard work that goes into developing new parts of Warframe. I, of course, anticipated that there would be bugs so I'm not pissed off, but do hope that as we move forward we get a better experience to make the game more enjoyable. Maybe you guys could look into a new Tranq gun or as another player mentioned, Widgets to make conservation more efficient.... and hoping that there's more to the map that we will discover later on...I did notice that giant worm through the mirrors and the strange bluish-white dead-end cave on the CD. Keep up the good work and let's make it better.

Archived