Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove mandatory conservation ASAP.

Ikyr0

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

I don't understand this decision. DE deliberately implemented fishing/mining/conservation fallbacks to Cetus and Fortuna in the form of the Exploiter Orb and the various Tusk Thumpers. Yet here we are right back where we started, with fishing/mining/conservation absolutely mandatory for progression. Why?

It's important to note that vaults and some breakable containers in the drift will drop minerals and fish parts, so there are fallbacks for people who hate to fish and mine on Deimos, it's only people who don't like conservation that are screwed.

Not to imply it's fair that conservation is basically required to get the helminth segment, but the situation isn't quite as bad as you're suggesting.

17 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

How would you like it if progression through Deimos required sacrificing a converted Kuva Lich in order to rank up?

I'd be fine 100% with it. Nekroloids is going to get tougher to rank up, and the Quills and Vox Solaris were not easy to rank up either. They're supposed to be hard.

Hate to break this to you, but there's always going to be one or more parts of ANY game people are not going to like. As for Warframe, some hate bounties. Some hate mining. Some hate liches. Some hate ranking up. Etc. Removing the things people some people don't like them is shortsighted and downright stupid; it also ignores the fact that plenty of people DO like those things. Should we punish them because a method of progression requires more effort than other methods? No, of course not. That would be absurd.

Conversation is what Brother is all about. They can't remove it without #*!%ing up his character/story. 

If DE is going to remove/nerf Conservation, it should be for valid reasons. Not because people are whining about how it's now a mandatory part of progression and isn't handed to them on a silver platter.

6 minutes ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

I'd be fine 100% with it. Nekroloids is going to get tougher to rank up, and the Quills and Vox Solaris were not easy to rank up either. They're supposed to be hard.

Hate to break this to you, but there's always going to be one or more parts of ANY game people are not going to like. As for Warframe, some hate bounties. Some hate mining. Some hate liches. Some hate ranking up. Etc. Removing the things people some people don't like them is shortsighted and downright stupid; it also ignores the fact that plenty of people DO like those things. Should we punish them because a method of progression requires more effort than other methods? No, of course not. That would be absurd.

Conversation is what Brother is all about. They can't remove it without #*!%ing up his character/story. 

If DE is going to remove/nerf Conservation, it should be for valid reasons. Not because people are whining about how it's now a mandatory part of progression and isn't handed to them on a silver platter.

That's nonsense and you know it. "They can't remove this without changing this poorly made story about a family that hates each other".  No they can and have in the past sorry to have to break it to you.  They continually make major changes to the lore and "story".

1 minute ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

plenty of people DO like those things. Should we punish them

How does it punish conservation fans to add alternatives for other players? What do you personally gain from other players slogging through minigames they hate?

4 minutes ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

If DE is going to remove/nerf Conservation, it should be for valid reason.

You mean like hundreds of posts telling DE that they hate conservation and aren't playing WF until we get better options?

Nobody seriously wants to prevent you from progressing in Deimos via conservation. I fully support minigames as an option, but never a hard requirement.

At most I would say lower the requirement to buy tokens. Even with a resource booster the requirement is ridiculous.

As for conservation itself. I've now only done a hunt and capture twice now so I still don't getting. But I'm finding targets just as I'm flying around which I've been capturing (2-3 darts and there're down). They seem to respawn in the same spots after a while. 

48 minutes ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

The entire entrati family is full of crazy intrigue. Making it so that we can trade tokens from one member for tokens from another member would make total sense in context, would fix the issue of requiring players to do content they don't enjoy just to progress, and wouldn't mess up the Son's character or story at all.

Just saying, there's plenty of ways DE can fix this atrocious system while still respecting the lore and characterization they've already established.

I seriously don't get why they didn't just do this to make everyone happy, you can either do:

A: Conservation, mining and fishing/hunting to earn standing and rewards at an accelerated rate.

B: Do your bounties for standing at a normal pace.

I don't understand why they forcepush people into mindnumbingly boring and repetetive things that has nothing to do with the actual heart of warframe: fighting.

1 hour ago, KrazyKavatLady said:

As for Warframe, some hate bounties. Some hate mining.

Which is why you Cetus and Fortuna give you a choice. You can fish and turn your catch in for standing. Or you can mine and turn your gems in for standing. Or you can do conservation and earn standing. Or you can do bounties and earn standing. That's an "OR" gate between those, you'll note. On Deimos, you need to fish AND mine AND do conservation AND do bounties AND also collect random container crap as well. You don't get to pick a few activities you like - you need ALL of them, because progression is gated behind all of them.

Incidentally, I've been doing Conservation for the last two hours and I still can't buy even a single Son Token. I have plenty of tags, just not the tags he wants and not in the right amounts. With five animal types on Deimos (one of which can't be baited) and three varieties per animal, requiring 6 and 6 of a specific animal is simply too much RNG. Even for someone who generally enjoys Conservation like myself, this is getting tedious. Especially since Conservation call points don't respawn, forcing me to keep going back to the Necrolisk. They don't even have the common courtesy to keep generating call points like the Plains and the Vallis already do.

Son Tokens are BY FAR the most significant bottleneck of the entire economy. I've picked up more Sister, Father and Otec Tokens randomly while doing Conservation than I have Son Tokens by a wide margin. I should probably just dump those into Standing to try and get to Tier 3 so I can at least get all the Lures.

1 hour ago, MizzieD said:

I seriously don't get why they didn't just do this to make everyone happy, you can either do:

A: Conservation, mining and fishing/hunting to earn standing and rewards at an accelerated rate.

B: Do your bounties for standing at a normal pace.

I don't understand why they forcepush people into mindnumbingly boring and repetetive things that has nothing to do with the actual heart of warframe: fighting.

Exactly, it should simply be about choice. 

Im just flat out refusing to do it. It is not worth getting frustrated and pissed at how ridiculous it is to hunt those Avichaea for a rank up. They are near impossible to see cause of this color palette and you need 5 and I was lucky to find one. That and these sons token have ridiculous requirements. This update is a mass dissapointment. Forcing players to do conservation, which I dont mind on other open worlds but here its freaking stupid with the color palette and the stupid feces aren't even where the marker says they'll be, should have never been put in and honestly the new frame is mediocre to me. After reading the abilities I have no interest in even attempting to get him. I usually dont give updates this much S#&$ but this one to me is just....pathetically dumb and waste of time. I really dont see it adding anything worthwhile to the game nor do I see it as a faction worth grinding up. Its worse then railjack and THAT game mode fell heavily out of relevance.

1 hour ago, (PS4)SilverwindNarga said:

Im just flat out refusing to do it. It is not worth getting frustrated and pissed at how ridiculous it is to hunt those Avichaea for a rank up. They are near impossible to see cause of this color palette and you need 5 and I was lucky to find one. That and these sons token have ridiculous requirements. This update is a mass dissapointment. Forcing players to do conservation, which I dont mind on other open worlds but here its freaking stupid with the color palette and the stupid feces aren't even where the marker says they'll be, should have never been put in and honestly the new frame is mediocre to me. After reading the abilities I have no interest in even attempting to get him. I usually dont give updates this much S#&$ but this one to me is just....pathetically dumb and waste of time. I really dont see it adding anything worthwhile to the game nor do I see it as a faction worth grinding up. Its worse then railjack and THAT game mode fell heavily out of relevance.

the Avichaea start point, and spawn make me feel like no one tested conservation on this map. its very buggy.

personally I'm ok with the mandatory conservation. It is a part of the open world, and we should be forced to do a little bit of it. But gee #*!%ing willikins this S#&$ is far too extensive. 10 son tokens and a bunch of tags... for a level 3 rank up? A single Son Token typically requires 10 or so common captures of a specific type of a species of animal. If you somehow are lucky enough to get more than 3 piles of poop for one species of animal in one run, there's a good chance they will each be a different type of that species and you will fill one out of the ten slots required for ONE Son Token. Each capture, for someone not too experienced at captures or good at the game in general like me, just getting one token can take several hours of tedious, boring game play. I'm not saying the capture mechanic isn't fun, it just loses every ounce of enjoyment after you do it 25 times in a row just for one token.

13 hours ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

It’s true that Son tokens cost way too much right now, but I don’t see anything wrong in making players run a few conservation hunts, even if it’s “mandatory”.

The game is called Warframe, not Choreframe. Mining, fishing and conservation should always be optional, with other ways to get to the same points as these activities get you.

People have jobs doing things they don't necessarily like to get things that they want, and I don't need that experience in a game. I would be willing to pay platinum or millions of credits to bypass it. Just like I can hire people to do things I don't want to do in RL.

2 minutes ago, vaarnaaarne said:

1 Capture => 1 Son Token. That's the only way it should be.

Honestly I would even be fine with 2, as long as it wasn't this stupid 10 of the exact type and species S#&$. Just 1 or 2 captures of anything. #*!%, even 1 or 2 of just one species would be leagues more bearable than whats going on currently.

I wouldn't mind a repeatable (daily/more than once a day) quest along the lines of "One of the Son's captured creatures has become too aggressive, strong and violent and needs to be taken down to prevent other specimens from being killed" rewarding tokens/tags as a way to get around not hunting for tags. 

I think it's silly to have a specific species tags as a rank up requirement though. I'll see how ivara goes with tranq rifle and see how well I go taking some down before I get enough standing for rank up. But, tokens makes way more sense. I was already confused as to why I had to spend standing on blueprints to rank up something I used standing to get to the cap of to begin with (Which also as a result put me an extra day behind in getting to the stage of helminth with standing).

I'd say more like a bare minimum of acceptability (and obviously this should be for Bad Captures, each step up in Capture quality should be a multiplier to that). Conservation is tedious, time-consuming, and completely divorced from the rest of the game (in fact, the rest of the game rearing its head in any manner is basically a failstate doing Conservation). So, it should at least give out a decent payout. I'm already dreading having to get 10 Son Tokens again for each gilding, because of how unbelievably abysmal the payout rate for captures of anything but Velocipods is.

Initially I was ver aggravated to have to do conservation To rank up to 3. My eyes are on the weapons.?I basically have never done it as there was no pourpose. So I did it, and found I didn’t hate it. There’s just no reason for me to do it. It below fishing and mining. Then you made it so you get the new pets that way. I’m actually into that. Hopes up to get bird companions this way one day. I’m actually enjoying it a bit.

Now here’s my problem, conservation for the flying creature is bugged. It won’t spawn once you go through the steps. It’s happen 3 times. And btw the opportunity to catch it comes up very rare in favor of every other creature. 

The fishing requirements were somewhat frustrating because they resulted in a speed bump in the way of my reason for playing: combat. But the conservation requirements are absurd. Anyone white-knighting the existing rank-up requirements with conservation is completely, utterly delusional; there's at least 10 hours worth of conservation grinding involved, and that's if you already know what you're doing. There are at least 3 layers of RNG involved on top of it.

That's not a speed bump; that's a traffic jam.

Archived