Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.4

[DE]Megan

58 minutes ago, DeathWing50 said:

WAITFRAME : Heart of Hypnostm
(for those who don't know : "In Greek mythology, Hypnos (/ ˈ h ɪ p n ɒ s /; Greek: Ὕπνος, "sleep") is the personification of sleep" -- Wikipedia)
Also please adress Garuda's Talons issue, it has been 14 weeks and not a word on whether or not this is intended.

Considering what they did to xoris and exalted weapons interaction, I'm going to assume it is intentional.

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.
  • Lowered drop rate of the Infested anti-toxin during the Toxin Level phase to increase difficulty - it’s too easy!

Why make the vault runs even longer? Sitting through 3 minutes of "keep toxin levels low" is still a slog. If you gonna increase the accumulation rating of the toxin at least reduce the time you have to wait by a minute. Trying to "fix" that which wasn't broken again.

3 minutes ago, Ishredpapers said:

Why make the vault runs even longer? Sitting through 3 minutes of "keep toxin levels low" is still a slog. If you gonna increase the accumulation rating of the toxin at least reduce the time you have to wait by a minute. Trying to "fix" that which wasn't broken again.

It's literally only 30 seconds longer in a 10 minute mission: a 5% increase in time.

The time was not adjusted for the second part, the toxin survival and this increased toxin accumulation has no effect on gameplay. It's still the same: kill enemies and pick up loot. Unless you actually stood still in a corner the whole time, this change does not affect you. 

6 minutes ago, Ishredpapers said:
  11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.
  • Lowered drop rate of the Infested anti-toxin during the Toxin Level phase to increase difficulty - it’s too easy!

1: vaults still take too long. Before, it was just barely possible to do 3x3 ISO vaults in one 1 hour 40 minute cycle. Now that is flat out impossivle
2: the lowered drop rate does not make it any harder, just more annoying as the spawn rate of enemies is just blatantly too low to sustain low toxicity levels
3: scintillant is still pretty much impossible to obtain and from the people that did get one, I heard resource boosters don't even work on them??

8 hours ago, NeoRetro10K said:

I would actually look into rolling your NVidia driver back quite a bit, because the newer ones seem less stable to me. I am using a really old version, and it actually runs better. I just have to keep rolling it back every once in a while because it periodically updates automatically.

I think when they release a new driver version, it is truly meant for newer cards in the same series, but everyone with a card in that series gets the update even if the card is a bit older. Thus, the driver no longer quite matches the exact card, but is still mostly compatible since it is the same series, hence why it does not outright crash.

good shout, ill look into it!

11 hours ago, ExyPrime said:

pls fix hunting animals often you can hear a sound of an animal nearby from the trank rifle

You can? This is genuinely news to me. I've never noticed any such noises.

To be fair, I am hearing-impaired, but wow, do I hate audio-only indicators of anything in this game. The constant din of gunfire, explosions, enemies yelling and dying, etc doesn't really make it any easier, either.

DE, you have stuff for color blind people right? Can you please maybe invent an option to add more visual indicators for hearing-impaired and deaf players? Or an option to make indicator noises (animals, caches, demolysts, etc) louder? Something. Please.

I saw ONE Scintallent spawn, and it was not in a well trafficked area, but way up in some infested rafters tucked away. It was only for looking for secret door toggles, that I came across it. No pinging sound, way out of the way, and near impossible for anyone else to pick up the drop as it does indeed act like a wisp; especially if they are a room or two over from you. Not nice DE.

Concerning conservation the avian creatures need a maker or something to spot on the mini map, because in some locations they are either not spawning at all, especially those near caves and covered with massive infested growths, or they are spawning inside said growths and still undetectable to the scanner. Not cool, If the tags are so important to rank up son token acquisition,then make it remotely possible to get the bloody bounties, rather than hoping that the call point ins in some remote and open area. Ridiculous.

Also ENOUGH with the Nora glass interruptions every 5 mins in mission, especially in Free Roam, it is way over board, and now rather tedious. Please DE tone down or get rid of Nora on the Cambrian pronto.

hace 11 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

Scintillant Changes:

General note re: Scintillant! We discussed it yesterday, and realized the Scintillant description was too vague in terms of other methods to acquire it and updated its description in the last Hotfix. Overnight, we ran stats and the amount collected was too low, which is widely accepted from the community to be the case. While we all start with baseline ‘0’ for new Updates, this Resource is an outlier in how slowly it’s being accrued, which is to say current pacing not our intention. They should feel like a revised Cetus Wisp, but when we compared the two overnight, and considering more people are playing Heart of Deimos and how many Scintillant are needed, they were lower to a degree that doesn’t make sense with their hookup. Here is how we are fixing that today: 

• Isolation Bounty Necramech’s now have a chance to drop Scintillant.
  • Fixed issues with being able to pick up Scintillant within the Vault environments. 
  • Increased the spawn chance and spawn radius size of Scintillant within Vault environments. 
  • Removed Scintillant as one of the Weapons Entrati members ‘Parts Requisition’ Tasks.
  • Added a slight glow effect to the Scintillant to increase visibility.
  • Increased the audio loop sound effect when a Scintillant is nearby. 

You had good intentions. Didn't work.

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • owered drop rate of the Infested anti-toxin during the Toxin Level phase to increase difficulty - it’s too easy!
  • Toxin Level will now greatly increase if players leave the designated area in an effort to increase team coordination and difficulty. 

you've again took the feedback and twisted it into whatever you wanted. the problem wasn't that it was too easy. it's that it was TOO LONG FOR NOTHING.

Player-usable Necramechs that you can Transference into on the Cambion Drift no longer drop rewards. 

• Transferring into a Necramech and then standing around waiting for it to die to drop rewards is far from the intentions of the Necramech system. We understand this is a frustrating oversight. Additionally, this was often bugged that only 1 person got the drop at all. Enemy Necramechs in the Isolation Vaults will still drop rewards, and now they’ll drop more of them (Scintillant). 

ho, look. DE taking away choices from the player. that's never been seen before, right?

the necramech left better be giving more loot of mecha parts.

"Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements"

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

Still only 1 scintilliant  xdxdxdcxcdcxvkmsdxd

Why there are a los of enemies that can't be afected by viral??

50 minutes ago, Celetille said:

It's literally only 30 seconds longer in a 10 minute mission: a 5% increase in time.

The time was not adjusted for the second part, the toxin survival and this increased toxin accumulation has no effect on gameplay. It's still the same: kill enemies and pick up loot. Unless you actually stood still in a corner the whole time, this change does not affect you. 

I'm talking about the waiting time for the toxins not the bait station time.

I wonder if it's intended for Cryptilex to spawn solo and not in groups of 3? After son token changes this is one thing that feels out of place. I have 5 to 20 of "rare" animals and I don't have 4 cryptilex for 1 son token.
It's a challenge to find cryptilex poop among all others and then to do it 2-4 times.

Reduced the Animal Tags required to complete a 1 Token Task by 50%.

And it only took 20+ threads complaining about it. That's the fastest we ever got some actual good changes here.

Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.

We're already fighting with our patience, DE. Sitting in one spot fot 60 seconds on repeat for days after days because we need those darn ressources, and now you make it even more painful.

• Toxin Level will now greatly increase if players leave the designated area in an effort to increase team coordination and difficulty. 

Again, the difficulty lies in keeping your patience up. Have you ever tried to run 3+ Vaults a day? It's painfully slow, especially because frickin Loid is about as fast as a snail in reverse.

Why do you keep trying to reduce your playerbase?

On on a side note, please, for the love of Chili Con Carne, do something about your standing caps.

I mean, I'm on MR20. My Cap is 21K. Your token system allows me to get enough tokens for all 5 ranks within a matter of hours, yet I need to wait for a week or more to progress, not to mention that the "progress" revolves around me logging in, trading in tokens, and then leaving again and wait another day. Even if I pump my entire standing cap out today, I'll still only be halfway through the Rank 3 requirements.

This is not fun. This does not feel like I'm making progress. It does not feel like my work is getting rewarded. It feels like I'm actively wasting my time.

Please, I beg you, get rid of standing caps or at least triple them.

They should feel like a revised Cetus Wisp, but when we compared the two overnight, and considering more people are playing Heart of Deimos and how many Scintillant are needed, they were lower to a degree that doesn’t make sense with their hookup.

So much for people insisting we were all just "whining" because "they're just like Cetus Wisps." Yeah, turns out they're not. I'll go check them out.

Bring back the wild necromechs loot lol, are u sane or what?  Even the vaults are broken now, yesterday everything was fine. Wild necromechs dropped loot and also the necromechs from vaults was good. 1 for t1, 2 for t2 and 3 for t3. And today what 1 for any tier of Vault? U really fcked this up DE :)) 

Increased the Bait Defense time from 60s to 90s and increased enemy reinforcements.

Why? Isolation vaults already feel like Payday 3 farming with all those time gates. Why do you propagate our suffering?

They should feel like a revised Cetus Wisp

They feel worse than Cetus Wisp on release of Plains of Eidolon, because C.Wisps farm is faster and easier. I'm glad for the changes, but how did it slip into the game in the first place, looking at the experience with C.Wisps?

hace 13 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

Coz the feedback about it taking a life time to get to tier 3 was not salty enough 

Lowered drop rate of the Infested anti-toxin during the Toxin Level phase to increase difficulty - it’s too easy!

Fun fact about salt mines.... the second stage is applicable 🙂 

Toxin Level will now greatly increase if players leave the designated area in an effort to increase team coordination and difficulty. 

This one i don't see a problem whit ... aldo the whole run takes a bit 2 much if you want us to complete 3 of them in 1 h ....

Player-usable Necramechs that you can Transference into on the Cambion Drift no longer drop rewards.

We can't get to many resources too fast now can we...

more of them (Scintillant)

Sweet nitain 2.0 to the rescue...

Optimized locations of Esophage exit ports. 

Fixed Esophage fast travel not working as intended on Clients.

Duno what you optimized+ fixed coz i stil get stuck in the ground but ok.

Cya in hotfix 5 🙂

13 hours ago, Raitlor said:

And again, 0 word about if this is an intended change or a bug that is being looked into. Please, just tell us something, its been 14 weeks and some of us would like to be able to use our crit builds for these frames again.

They never ever commented on the stealth nerf to the heavy melee momentum prior to the new melee system, despite Steve mentioning they'd look into it during a DevStream. So don't get your hopes up.

Fix the bird conservation. 
Spot are the same but not all spot appear, one of them is bugged (no bird appearing) and this one seems to be the one who appear the most (atleast for me) i just can't get those stupid badge we need for the next rank. 

Archived