Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'll say it time and time again. If you want to properly buff Chroma, start by making his second ability recastable. + Other Ideas

HamletEagle

Just start with this:

- Make his second ability recastable just like Vex Armor. 

- Put the element change mechanic from his 1 to his elemental ward. It makes absolute sense, even by the name that this mechanic should be on his second ability. The subsumed ability should obviously be less powerful on other warframes. Switch element by pressing the button, activate elemental ward by holding the ability down. 

• Here are some ideas for Effigy:

- A slight increase to the radius.

- Based on the number of enemies around the Effigy, it will deal more damage

- OR make it scale with the enemy level up to a certain level. Strength should still effect the damage it deals.

- OR Make the Effigy use random elements every time it attacks. Toxin / Heat / Electricity / Cold. If this is not enough, it could also use elements such as Viral, Magnetic and whatever.

- OR make the Effigy change element type depending on enemy. Corrosive for Grineer, Magnetic for Corpus with shields then switches to Toxin after shields are gone. 

The idea to switch element depending on enemy health and type is really neat IMO as you don't have to do it manually which is really nice since it requires some micro-management and some really don't like it, not mentioning you can screw up the elemental type you want your elemental ward to be effected by. Also the idea to just switch to random elements is also nice

• Here's a few ideas for Vex Armor:

- You need to take damage to gain Vex Armor stacks which is honestly not the best idea... If you no shields at all or your shields are down 24/7 you have no chance of getting stacks from shields. When it comes to taking HP damage you can easily die in high level missions if you're not careful because you might've underestimated the damage enemies deal. You never know when a nukor grineer comes around the corner and decides to cut your career short... Now you're dead on the ground and need a revive or if you're in a solo mission you lose all vex armor stacks, elemental ward and energy...

- Have you ever tried using Chroma in normal missions with other people but can't because everyone is killing every enemy you see so you can't gain any stacks whatsoever? I'm getting Harrow vibes. I don't know about you but it's super fun just standing there for 1 min for 1 grineer to max out your vex armor just to lose it in some dumb way. 

- Why not change it from "damage received" to "damage dealt". Or even better.. Have them BOTH, you gain vex armor stacks from both, so you just don't sit there like a statue waiting for enemies to cap your vex armor. Vex Armor stacks geined from damage dealt should be reduced compared to when you're being hit just to balance it out a little. Meanwhile Mirage presses a button.

Note: I was gonna include "enemies killed" together with "damage dealt" but, in some situations you'll have trouble finding any and some bosses don't spawn any. I should also say that Vex armor should be KEPT when in Archwing, however it should not effect the archgun. Why? Mirage can press a button, Chroma has to farm for it.. Meanwhile you have your teammates killing everything or can't find any at all.

When it comes to Elemental ward:

- Some stats should be increased honestly and some alternative effects should be added.

• Ugh, Spectral Scream...

- if u hold the ability it will imbue the weapon you have selected with the current elemental damage selected

- Increase the radius and cone 

- Straight out buff the damage, it's pathetic. In the devstream where they tried to showcase Spectral Scream, Rebecca struggled to kill a lvl 20 enemy with a maxed out Prime Chroma... Not mentioning it was also an infected enemy... one of the weakest ones...

- OR have it simillar to the effigy buff. it will switch element depending on enemy type and health + other buffs. 

• Passive:

- Triple jump is nice but really niche, I don't have anything for his passive but i'm open to ideas. Something with elements. 

Note; I also came with an augment idea. You can have two elemental types on you but with 15-35% reduced effectiveness. 

3 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

wait, does chroma need a buff?

Doesn't he?

-When was the last time you saw a Chroma in a normal match outside of Profit Taker ? And back in the day, Eidolons?

Why use Chroma when you can use Mirage? Why wait for stacks when you can press a button, and also have 4 copies of yourself shooting as well...

He has the same problem as Harrow, as he needs to fight with his teammates to get value of Vex Armor

His first ability is useless

Effigy is rarely used and god knows when I've seen someone use an Effigy build or a Chroma to begin with. Check youtube and look at the dates for Effigy builds for Chroma. 

At first glance I didn't thought it was that big of a deal, until I watched Ashisogi's video on the new Chroma like half an hour ago, oh boy did they mess him up big time, also I apreciate that we can actually see his wings outside effigy but the new passive is kind of useless not gonna lie.

il y a 18 minutes, HamletEagle a dit :

-When was the last time you saw a Chroma in a normal match outside of Profit Taker ? And back in the day, Eidolons?. 

I think that's because most of Chroma users outside of the few missions you mentionned are solo players.

il y a 18 minutes, HamletEagle a dit :

Why use Chroma when you can use Mirage? Why wait for stacks when you can press a button, and also have 4 copies of yourself shooting as well...

Because the Vex Armor buff apply differently which allow for different stacking method, doesn't switch between damage and DR depending on light and have a much higher value, maybe ? Also, the Mirage clones don't get damage buff applied to Mirage, so it's useful for status but not that much for damage.
I'm not here to say Chroma is better than Mirage because it's not true, but if you're looking for a damage buff, he definitely is.

il y a 57 minutes, HamletEagle a dit :

Passive:
- Triple jump is nice but really niche, I don't have anything for his passive but i'm open to ideas. Something with elements. 

I'm the person who suggested this in Design Council and I'm happy it got in for a simple reason :
Chroma is already extremly powerful so, utility is the only thing he can get without being straight power creep, so having more in air control sounds like a great way to skilled reward players without directly increasing his damage output or survivability.

Overall, I agree Chroma need more than the few tweaks he got from the last update but he definitely don't need a buff, especially not an easier way to stack Vex Armor or a 2nd damage buff.

1 hour ago, HamletEagle said:

Doesn't he?

-When was the last time you saw a Chroma in a normal match outside of Profit Taker ? And back in the day, Eidolons?

He has the same problem as Harrow, as he needs to fight with his teammates to get value of Vex Armor

His first ability is useless

Effigy is rarely used and god knows when I've seen someone use an Effigy build or a Chroma to begin with. Check youtube and look at the dates for Effigy builds for Chroma. 

Problem is not Chroma, problem are the players (like you) that think he is only good when he has his Vex Armor on and that keep complaining they cant charge it completely in normal missions where its not even that necessary and try using Profit Taker/Eidolons as a dumb excuse for him being in a bad state.

His first ability got buffed, if you want to apply status of a specific type to a group of mobs in front of you, his 1st is great for that, if you are expecting to bad breath down a whole room with it, problem is you again.

His Effigy is more of a Buffing skill than a Damage dealer, i see people use it often and i also see a lot of people use it on Profit Taker to get the additional credits from it, specially when the 2x Credit booster week/end is up. Again, you expecting it to bad breath a room to death?

Spectral Scream would become much better if DE gave it a "rate of fire" stat scaling with power strength, along with status scaling. If you could get 300% status applicator that applies 30 heat procs in AoE per second, there'd be SOME reasons to use it. Right now though - its a free helminth slot and even a SENTINEL can do what it does better. Press S to spit on its "buffs".

If only spectral scream was IMMENSELY faster for status application as they seem to be taking the direction towards, only then would be remotely feasible to use on actual play outside of vape memes. It is especially currently pointless since we have things akin to the kuva nukor being able to inflict status way better than spectral scream ever could.

Giving the breath an alternative role to be able to "clear rooms" beyond level 40 would actually give an incentive of moving beyond the standardized fat stack strength vex armour builds to more range and efficiency oriented builds, resulting in diversifying Chromas gameplay outside of being a damaging tanky lad. Are you people truly adverse to this?

Also why is the element swap not on elemental ward? 

@BiancaRoughfin

So where would you play Chroma then? He is not easy to play, you have to micro-manage, it's not easy to build, not many understand him or his abilities, you need powerful mods to get proper value, you need to test a lot in simulacrum, not paying attention to vex armor and letting it run out can cost you, your life and now you need to regain stacks again, You need good knowledge of the game and mechanics, many consider him a boring frame and the list goes on... Meanwhile Mesa and Saryn press 4 and Mirage presses 3 and 1.

Personally I think one of the biggest turn-offs about him is his ability to eat entire chunks of energy when he casts his abilities so mods like Primed Flow are mandatory on him (also arcane Energize) since you need to micro-manage and keep your abilities up 24/7, especially Vex armor since it also effects Effigy and Spectral Scream. You also need high STR

You clearly missed the part when I said that using him in pubs is quite bad.

You have to fight your teammates in pubs for vex armor. If you want to rely on vex armor in pubs for max damage you also need to get rid of mods like Serration that increase damage and put elemental mods. One problem tho, you can't get stack because that one Saryn / Mesa already killed the entitre room so what you got in the end is less damage for your weapons because you can't even get stacks to increase your damage over Serration or Hornet Strike percentages.

Vex armor is EXTREMELY important and needs to build up trought the mission but you can't in groups. It's essential if you want your effigy to deal more damage and the same goes for Spectral Scream. You obviously don't know much about Chroma. 

Elemetal Ward is decent at BEST. It's not the best, not the worst ability, however Wisp exists and her reservoirs make elemental ward obsolete. Did i mention you can have multiple reservoirs on you instead of one and you're allowed to refresh the duration? Meanwhile Chroma is stuck wiith a 50 second Heat Elemental Ward... The augment Everlasting Ward is ok when it comes to teamplay as you don't need range just duration and strength. Not mentioning when you're dealing with enemies, say level 30-40, the AOE damage from elemental ward like toxin, electricity, cold and heat will BARELY damage the target even with high strength. This ability feels kinda lackluster and could use another effect per element, at least to me.

Spectral Scream is good at applying status... that's it, ONE status.... Unless your teammate killed the enemy already and trying to use that ability to apply ONE status around high levels will get you killed cause you're stuck in playing the animation then trying to cancel it out. 

If it had the same damage as the effigy when that thing breaths fire or any other element then we'd be talking. However personally I'd want him be imbue his weapons depending on the elemental type selected. If you hold down the ability button he will keep breathing that element until your tap it again. 

Effigy is more like a Dummy than anything else IMO. It has some decent damage, CC and knockback and can defend a point or AFK farming. If you want damage you need high STR, if you want more damage then you need to keep your Vex armor up which also drains your energy, not mentioning elemental ward. I find mods like Equilibrium quite nice on Chroma.

DE needs to start fixing frames that are hurt by their teammates sole existence. Chroma has no trouble in SOLO play

4 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

but he definitely don't need a buff, especially not an easier way to stack Vex Armor or a 2nd damage buff.

Aren’t tweaks technically a buff? 

Out of the 6 Warframe changes Chroma got the crap end of the stick. Come on, just +200 damage increase? Enemies can go to thousands of health and armor easily. Weapon usage are restricted so if you want to use the ability you are losing a lot of DPS when this ability is active. 

I have 343% STR Umbral Chroma build. With maxed out Vex Armor, spectral scream still can’t kill level 100 grineer grunt in a reasonable time frame.

il y a 27 minutes, DrivaMain a dit :

Aren’t tweaks technically a buff? 

Out of the 6 Warframe changes Chroma got the crap end of the stick. Come on, just +200 damage increase? Enemies can go to thousands of health and armor easily. Weapon usage are restricted so if you want to use the ability you are losing a lot of DPS when this ability is active. 

I have 343% STR Umbral Chroma build. With maxed out Vex Armor, spectral scream still can’t kill level 100 grineer grunt in a reasonable time frame.

Tweaks don't necessarily end up being a buff.
In most of case the goal of a character rework is to make it make more enjoyable to play and/or balance it with other content aviable.

If we take Chroma, he has 2 super strong passive abilities and 2 almost useless ones and he overall stronger than average. So the idea outcome would be a more balanced less passive kit, with an overall nerf to his Vex Armor.

9 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

If we take Chroma, he has 2 super strong passive abilities and 2 almost useless ones and he overall stronger than average. So the idea outcome would be a more balanced less passive kit, with an overall nerf to his Vex Armor.

I don’t think touching Vex Armor is a good idea, knowing the massive backlash this will ensue, remember it already got “nerfed” before when Shrine of The Eidolon update arrived. They can easily rebalance spectral scream by increase the tick rate and let it’s damage scale or they could just replace this ability from a breath attack to a single burst of cone area elemental damage. Give us a reason to even cast the ability.

Effigy can just copy the spectral scream changes to be somewhat viable and let it roam freely like a specter.

Also the new passive seems a bit lackluster. Can we just make the second bullet jump to launch Chroma slightly farther to give the feeling he spreads his wings to do so.

Alright so here is why people might think chroma needs a buff:

1. His 1 is (near) useless, honestly we can all name a dozen frames that fit this category, so not a strong argument.
  2. His 4 is (near) useless, this has mostly become an issue since the addition of the Index and other credit farming methods that do not rely on you killing a big number of enemies.
  3. There are frames which out dps/perform chroma, well guess what... he still out performs 90% of the frames out there just with a good vex armor build

PS. please do not use primed flow unless you are actually trying to make effigy do something. Rage will give you all the energy you need.

2 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Alright so here is why people might think chroma needs a buff:

1. His 1 is (near) useless, honestly we can all name a dozen frames that fit this category, so not a strong argument.
  2. His 4 is (near) useless, this has mostly become an issue since the addition of the Index and other credit farming methods that do not rely on you killing a big number of enemies.
  3. There are frames which out dps/perform chroma, well guess what... he still out performs 90% of the frames out there just with a good vex armor build

PS. please do not use primed flow unless you are actually trying to make effigy do something. Rage will give you all the energy you need.

Having 2 useless abilities does not warrant him a buff? His first ability is now only good for switching elements and it punishes you if you have duration as you can't refresh the duration or element. There's no point in casting Spectral Scream,

Elemental ward is decent at best and feels lackluster. I forgot the last time I used Electricity. Toxin is only good for reloading. Heat exists to give bonus hp while cold allows you tank more. As I said, lackluster. The AOE damage from electricity, heat, toxin and cold barely do anything. It's good for lvl 10 enemies.

Vex armor is the most important ability of his kit. Play Chroma in 10 pubs and see how it goes for you. See how it goes with people that know what they're doing. 

Also, please mention the frames Chroma outperforms, the 90% roster you mentioned. And mention what exactly he outperforms and in what scenarios, Cause personally I don't see Chroma outperforming much in a pub, not with today's frames.

make each Elemental Ability be able to separately choose their Element on the fly *crosses arms*
it's less button presses in the longrun than having a single thing to choose with. since generally the Player is going to use different Elements for each of the 3 Abilities.

and yes, Elemental Ward may as well be recastable. there isn't a reason for it to not be.

17 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

His first ability got buffed, if you want to apply status of a specific type to a group of mobs in front of you, his 1st is great for that, if you are expecting to bad breath down a whole room with it, problem is you again.

and still objectively useless because it is in direct competition with your Weapons.

On 2020-11-23 at 11:27 AM, (PSN)mahoshonenfox said:

Remember when Vex Armor wasn't recastable? DE made it recastable. Why wouldn't they make E Ward be recastable? They just didn't think about it (or tested our Chroma) as much when they gave Chroma the elemental gear wheel.

I find it quite hard to believe, that DE didn't think of making his second ability recastable. I find it even more shocking they didn't make it yet. Perhaps they have a reason for it? Who knows, they don't communicate with us that much.

Having elements being switched by his 1st ability is so uncomfortable .... Feels like they haven't tested it all. It feels so much better having him switch elements from his second ability, it feels so comfortable since you're gonna be recasting elemental ward and vex armor constantly. I also find myself accidently activating spectral scream by mistake quite often, My muscle memory can't get used to it. I'd have no problems accidently recasting elemental ward since it's an actually useful ability, unlike spectral scream.

Forgot to mention in my previous comments that Elemental Ward, has a tendency... to go off at the worst times, hence the need to recast it. 

- You're fighting profit taker? You can't recast it ? Profit Taker is about to do a massive amount of damage and you know it's coming but can't rescast to save your life? Truly a shame... dodge it or die. 

I also thought of a passive for Chroma. Ontop of his triple jump, he's immune to knockback and stuns while in mid air, I would also make him bullet jump further. Although, these seem like the buffs Zephyr needs. Just to make him feel more like a dragon. This or something with elements, but can't think of anything to also effects his 4 elements. 

• 4 months later...

Chroma is one of my favorites frames. His design is awesome. His abilities, they seem cool. He looks very appealing, his deluxe is amazing & he's one of the best fashion frames. He is my 3rd most played. I'm the guy who plays Chroma in pubs with Everlasting Ward augment just because I absolutely love this frame. Chroma was my first frame back in the day where I pulled a 6x6 Eidolon Capture. However, nowadays....

I've made also several points in my other thread, from a year ago that I will not bother going over. Mind you, nothing happened until now. 

If you care enough for Chroma and his future or just interested take a look.

Ugh, here I go again... Bringing attention to our favorite dragon boi in hopes something will happen... that something will change....

------------------------------------------

Chroma is one of the forgotten frames of Warframe

1st Ability - Spectral Scream

- Either needs a full on rework or change it completely. This is one of the most trash abilities in the game and you can't change my mind. I have a weapon for god's sake. Why use this ability when I can use my weapons ?

2nd Ability - Elemental Ward

- The element change from1st MUST be put on his 2nd ability. It's more comfortable for the user & unlike other frames who use Chroma's subsumed ability, they shouldn't be forced to wear a specific color to benefit from the ability. 

- Literally the easiest way to buff this ability is to make it Recastable... It's 2021 for god's sake. Why should I be punished for running long duration on chroma or If I want to switch my element to something more appropriate for the situation? The best way to play Chroma is to go with High duration & High Strength. He doesn't have any good or decent builds. 

- Everlasting Ward is one of the best augments for Chroma. There is one small thing tho.... WISP EXISTS... By this I mean, that Wisp makes Chroma's abilities obsolete. Let's take a look. I know Chroma also radiates an AOE of said element but it might as be well non-existent since the damage & range is abysmal. 

Fire -> Increases Your & Other's HP. Wisp can deploy a reservoir where it gives you more health & it also heals you.

Electric -> Increases Your & Other's Shield and enemies take shock damage when they deal damage to you. Mind you, there's a chance they'll be afflicted by this. Wisp? Deploy a reservoir that will electric stun all enemies that come close to you. No matter if they did damage to you or not. The range can quite insane as well. Also, we live in a shield gating meta. Why go for shields on Chroma? It's extremely situational & only a few frames could benefit from this element. 

Toxin -> Increases Your & Other's Reload speed. This is the ability that I use 70% of the time in pubs. Wisp? Increases your fire rate / attack speed & movement speed. Reload speed is nice... sure... but it doesn't even come close to movement speed and fire rate / attack speed increase that Wisp provides.

Cold -> Increases Your & Other's Armor and reflects projectiles. Mind you, we're living a shield gating meta. I mainly use this color in Profit Taker. After all, Chroma is the best frame to farm Profit Taker with and some people only see him as this. Which is... kinda true tbh...

On top of this, the buffs elemental ward provides are just not enough. They are quite lackluster

This might blow your mind but... Here we go...Unlike Chroma, Wisp doesn't need to build for range for your teammates to benefit from her abilities. Her abilities LINGER unlike Chroma's who needs to 24/7 close or use the augment. Best thing? Unlike Chroma, Wisp's buffs can be refreshed. You can literally have two reservoirs on each side of the map. Chroma would need absolutely insane range or run up to you to give you the augment, then run to another teammate....

3rd Ability - Vex Armor

- Oh boy oh boy. This ability... This... requires some thinking on how to buff / rework. 

- Again, shield gating meta. I run Decaying Dragon Key on me 24/7 and never bother taking it off. I have like 80 shields and barely get any value out of the armor increase I get from my shields getting attacked... I'm so used to the Decaying key being there, I don't feel like taking it off every time I play chroma only to requip it again once I switch to another frame. 

- Did I ever tell you, how much I love standing still while my Mirage & Saryn teammates ramp up their kills while I wait to get A WEAPON DAMAGE INCREASE while my health takes damage & has a chance to be bursted down by nothing and die after?

- You know THE WORST fact about Elemental Ward & Vex Armor? A nullifier can destroy your entire hopes and dreams. I agree that it should disable elemental ward but Jesus Christ, Vex armor too??? All those stacks, all that time, wasted... Do you know horrible the feeling of a nullifier spawning on top of you is? Did I forget to mention that if you fall of the edge, the same thing happens? Oh yeah. Seeing this, gives me flashbacks from when Nidus would lose his entire stacks once he fell off an edge. 

4th Ability - Effigy 

- Probably the only reason some people use Chroma. To farm Profit Taker.

- I personally like it, but the scaling is horrible. Did I mention it can die ?

- Only if it would scale with the number of enemies around you & their level. Sacrificing your armor & survivability for a sentry & movement speed increase? Is kinda meh... Xaku does way better tho.

Passive Ability

- This ability should've been given to Zephyr if you ask me. Because you know... She's literally a bird and could use a double jump? Ngl, the wings from the double jump on Chroma look kinda cool. That should be on by default with every jump but hey, I'm not a Game Designer...

-------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

1. Chroma's abilities are outdated. They don't fit the playstyle we have nowadays.
  2. There's one or more frames that do his job way better. Best example being Wisp. Makes his 2nd ability obsolete. Other frames like Mirage can press a button to instantly receive max weapon damage whereas Chroma needs to work it, only to lose if you're not paying attention or in some other tragic / dumb way. 
  3. His 1st ability is trash and you can't change my mind.
  4. The element change should be on his 2nd ability not his 1st due to the reasons I have listed above. The 2nd ability is also lackluster
  5. He is not easy mod. Requires good knowledge of mods & a large variety of mods. 
  6. He is not easy to learn. You need to know what each element does & how to build him properly.
  7. He requires micro-management of his abilities. It's not Octavia level, but you still need to pay attention to your: 2nd ability duration, your 3rd ability duration, your energy... so on and so forth.
  8. He requires some proper game knowledge to use him effectively.
  9. Some people only use him for Profit Taker runs then dump for the rest of the year. When the 2x Creds event drops, the % of Chroma players skyrockets. 
  10. I forgot the last time I have seen a Chroma in a public match outside of myself. I have others express to me their worry for Chroma in squad chat and the fact that i'm the first Chroma they've seen in like forever... In some people's eyes he is nothing more than a Farming Frame which is really really sad. A dragon, is a farming frame.
  11. Chroma could've benefited from some mechanics that Lavos has. Chroma should be able to hold multiple elements. More thought should be put into this idea. Could be an augment but Chroma can't really spare mods space.

If you read this, thank you for getting to the end. 

Edit: Typos

::Edit::

Thread merge!

Not forgotten, just not a priority. There's one big issue, and one subtle issue to contend with here.

Chroma's abilities are not out-dated, weapon damage boosting and armour boosting never go out of date, neither do personal survivability buffs like health, shield or more armour. If you want to make the statement, refining it to 'two of his abilities are out of date' or even more accurately 'two of his abilities have never been in date' is at least accurate.

If two button presses up to 30 seconds apart is micro-management, I worry about your ideas of actual timer management frames like Harrow, Gauss or even meter-management like Ember.

The people that use him for runs of open-landscape bosses are using him for his current optimal use, because there are few alternatives without the Helminth system placing specific abilities onto other frames that are already good at those bosses. More importantly, without removing something like the weapon damage boosting from him in a rework this will not change. He will still be used for those things, and (for a large portion of the player base) left alone for the rest. This is true for many of the other niche frames, so Chroma is not alone in that respect in the first place.

The real issue, the big issue, is that Chroma functions.

He has no major bugs, he has some major strengths, and those strengths put him as a solid choice for the specific part of the game that relies on staying alive for a bit and dealing a lot of damage (which, as we've seen over time, the game has shifted towards in quite a large way).

Until the more pressing issues in the game are addressed, such as creating content, or reworking frames that are genuinely lacking in functions (failing at the niche they're put into) and so on... he's not in a state that so desperately needs a rework.

Unlike Zephyr, who attempted three things and only did one of them mostly competently... Chroma fans will flock to his defense before they see any change on him.

And that's the sneaky one, the subtle issue.

To make Chroma better, overall...

They're going to do what they did before to all the other frames that were so polarised towards one power.

They're going to take away his power in that one direction and spread it out to the others.

Nezha is an amazing warframe, and his rework is one of the greatest success stories of the frame reworks over time. What did it cost him? Losing actual invulnerability in favour of a damage reduction function that charges up in the same way and then slapping a duration cap on his first ability meaning his augment's power was capped too. What did he gain? One of the more well-thought-out and active support and self-sustain abilities in the game, which increases both health and energy drops for everyone based on kills, he got better energy management by not relying on a drain function, a self-propogating combo between the support ability and his mass CC ability that actually increases the functions of both... and a really cool Deluxe skin.

The same is true for many of the other rework frames, they lost something that they were rather proud of, in favour of something that makes them better overall. I mean, to this day, players still look back on the old Saryn Spores and claim they were better if you knew how to use them (and then act snooty and won't explain if you ask them 'then how did you use them?' because you were obviously a lesser player if you didn't know already).

So what do you think will happen to Chroma when he gets his rework?

I actually said it earlier.

He's going to get his most used function nerfed, in favour of all the other functions that he should have.

And the players that use him for those open-landscape boss runs? They're going to rip into DE the second they talk about doing that.

We know it.

That's how DE does their stuff.

Yes, the frames end up better, but they always take something. They can't just... give a frame better things, they have to conform to their internal sense of 'balance'.

And I don't think that the players who like Chroma will like what they do to him.

Chroma is basically a much, much worse Mirage. The only reason people are using him is because of a gimmick credit booster for Profit Taker.  

His damage boost is worse than Saryn and Saryn can nuke the whole map in addition.  

Armor and health means jack in the era of 99% Damage Reduction and Shield gate granting immortality.  

Compared to the really powerful like Khora and Baruuk, Chroma is garbage.

Of course, you can always bring Glaives or spam melee to mow down Steel Path. But OP weapons still doesn't change the fact that Chroma is a garbage tier frame.  He's in competition with Nyx and Hydroid for being the worst frame in the game. 

He needs massive buffs. All of his abilities needs to be better. And that includes his 3. DE pretends to hate multipliers when it suits them, but continue to give dmg multipliers to everything under the sun. They should straight up make Vex Armor multiply damage again. Its not like people even use him for Eidolon anymore.  

• 3 months later...

Hello guys, i would like to give my ideas to a chroma rework abilities that i hope DE will see and may take some ideas from it or even change few things to fit their convinience......So lets begin and please read until the very end !!!

Passive :

Chroma could keep the fact that he has a second double jump. (it might be great with the use of a sniper or the strongest bows) but he could also have the ability that no other warframe will have and it is to be able to have self-damage on its own because now no one use chroma because of the fact that we can't get a high porcentage with vex armor without it.

1st Ability :

The same old spectral scream we have always know with of course the ability of choosing a element between fire, ice, electricity, and poison but it has way more punch (so we keep the 100% statut) And it has a synergy with the 2nd ability that i will explain soon.

2nd Ability :

Same old elemental ward with the effects that are provided by the elements ( fire give more health, ice give more armor, electricity give more shields, and poison has a chance of dealing poisoning to ennemies ) BUT lets talk about the synergy i've imagined !!! So my idea is based on the fact that  we can have now a fire breath but having at the same time a ice shield, correct ? So why not fuse the two differents elements. Let me explain, if at some point in a mission you need more armor then you can change the element to ice, cast the ice armor and then change the element to fire and so combine the elements and making a more powerful breath that deal explosive damage (blast) and there is 6 combination in total and if you had the same element in both abilities it just make the elemental breath even more powerful and thank to my idea chroma will be able to deal with every kind of foe and to use that combined element ability you only need to press one more time the 1st ability button after chose the elements like a normal spectral scream cast.

So let me explain my vision of this synergy and all combined elements of what it should looks like but of course they keep their advantage like Corrosive still strip ennemies armor by 25% or even more if we use vex armor and etc... :

Heat + Cold : Blast -> Release multiple fire stream that froze anything it touch and then the crystals explode after few seconds.

Electricity + toxin : Corrosive -> Release acid puddle on the path of Chroma where it aimed.

Heat + Toxin : Gas -> Release and spread clouds of gas that have a high chance to poisons anyone who dare breathes them.

Cold + Electricity : Release some sort of sphere made with ElectroMagnetic Pulse the disrupt the ennemies shields.

Heat + Electricity : Radiation -> Release a nuclear beam like Wisp more or less but with less graphics details than wisp. 

Cold + Toxin : Viral -> Release spores in the air that goes randomly around chroma and infect any foes to close to him. 

3rd Ability :

Typicaly a huge buff to vex armor so it still gives an enormous damage stacks to his abilities, weapons and like elemental ward, he shares it with fellow tenno on his team but with something new.......We all know that chroma transforms the damage he recieve into energy that make him stronger but my guess is where does all that energy go after the time limit, did it simply vanish ??

So my idea is that chroma could store all the energy he would amass during that time period and when he reach the limit, he focus all of the porcentage he got into a energy orb (with the size of an hand) on the palm of his right hand and then break it by clench his fist, this will create an huge burst so to say a massive explosion that will do void + current element of spectral scream damage. Or it can be something other than that, DE will be the judge of the final decision ;) 

4th Ability : 

For the ultimate, i have thought that we could keep the name effigy but change the whole ability by making chroma turn himself into a dragon. This ability, even so will be really good at apparence could make all of his abilities have a great range  so we can share even more buffs to far allies on the map and because vex armor boost only the damages not the range.

I know there will be size problems so i think that on this form, chroma should stand on his arms and legs like an horse and will be big enough to still passes doors but bigger than his human size. In apparence, his wings will always been active. His claws, horns, tails, arms , legs and his neck will grow and gets bigger and sharper during the time limit and because of the fact that he can't use his weapons but only his abilities, and his signature melee weapon will be his tail. And with the different skin chroma has, he could transform into different types of dragon, for exemple a chinese dragon like with the dinasty deluxe skin but i understand that it will take an huge effort from DE to make all those dragons forms.

I really hope that you guys enjoy reading my ideas on this topic, and if so, don't hesitate to take and share those ideas so DE could saw them and maybe (in my dreams) they will apply and add them to the game so we can all enjoy chroma, the elemental dragon frame, once again !!!

(Ps: if you want to take my idea and call them your own I don't mind at all, you can even upgrade them at will. All I wish is to see one day those new power be given to chroma, my favorite warframe. )

Archived