Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who’s playing Cyberpunk tonight?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Just played it for a couple hours.

Seems good so far, though I've encountered several bugs already;

- Grass/vegetation clipping through solid surfaces, looked like a broken Skyrim ENB.

Although I managed to fix that by updating the GameReady drivers.

- Vehicle camera got stuck in 1st person - couldn't switch until I reloaded the save

- Clothing got randomly unequipped

- Early on, when you visit the ripper doc for the first time, my V's pants disappeared while he was replacing my eyes, and popped back in when I got my eyes back in my head

And a general complaint is that during combat at the Maelstrom gang HQ, you get hacked by some netrunner literally every 10 seconds, and I already shot any camera in sight.

Also classic early game bullet sponges.

51 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Just played it for a couple hours.

Seems good so far, though I've encountered several bugs already;

- Grass/vegetation clipping through solid surfaces, looked like a broken Skyrim ENB.

Although I managed to fix that by updating the GameReady drivers.

- Vehicle camera got stuck in 1st person - couldn't switch until I reloaded the save

- Clothing got randomly unequipped

- Early on, when you visit the ripper doc for the first time, my V's pants disappeared while he was replacing my eyes, and popped back in when I got my eyes back in my head

And a general complaint is that during combat at the Maelstrom gang HQ, you get hacked by some netrunner literally every 10 seconds, and I already shot any camera in sight.

Also classic early game bullet sponges.

Sound track is dope! 

Update: I caught a lucky break, so I'm delaying my Cyberpunk 2077 start until Tuesday.

It appears what I hoped the RTX 3060 Ti would do to the market has transpired. Demand seemed to have shifted; 3060 Tis are sold out everywhere in my neck of the woods, and shops have imposed conditions to stem demand. As such, I was able to score myself a Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC.

So yeah, I'm going to wait until Tuesday, because I've also ordered a 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD, which I will be picking up on that day. I also set aside that Tuesday in case I had to go return my 3070 - my final worry was that the Zotac's extra tall cooler might not fit in my Mini-ITX case. Turns out, I needn't had worried, and the Zotac was an even more compact fit than my GTX 970, which now looks enormous in comparison.

So yeah, yay me.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

What conditions? Crunchy crunch? 

I'm not getting the game so soon after seeing bugs people are experiencing. I'll wait until everything is fixed

Probably not a bad call. 

Mine is downloading yet again--I'm assuming Day1/0/whatever patches. Then there's the nVidia driver update. Time, time, ask for anything but time. 

No real time to sit down and play. Maybe this weekend, all one day of it...

Which brings us to crunch. Here, for the record, I could not care less about some devs working overtime. I work in manufacturing and overtime is a way of life. No one really likes it (except maybe that guy avoiding his old lady as much as possible), but it is what it is. You deal with it. 

24 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Here, for the record, I could not care less about some devs working overtime. I work in manufacturing and overtime is a way of life.

80-100 hour work weeks (again, for months at a time) aren't an issue in your eyes? Because that's what Crunch tends to mean.

There's also the fact that it being "a way of life" doesn't actually make it stop being a problem. It causes health issues (and ironically makes average productivity go down).

39 minutes ago, Corvid said:

80-100 hour work weeks (again, for months at a time) aren't an issue in your eyes? Because that's what Crunch tends to mean.

There's also the fact that it being "a way of life" doesn't actually make it stop being a problem. It causes health issues (and ironically makes average productivity go down).

It's interesting that crunch is only an issue when it's someone other than DE. When DE crunched to get content out years ago (remember the midnight EST releases?) or more recently to get content out alongside The Game Awards, it was viewed as a sign of DE's passion and commitment to the game. However, when other studios do it, it's worker abuse. I'm not saying CDPR's crunch is good. It certainly isn't, not for the developers and not for the game either (considering how buggy, broken, and incomplete the game is). I just wish the people complaining about crunch cared about it when it involves DE as well. Same thing with bugs and incomplete content.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

It's a staple in manufacturing, and not just hourly either. 

I used to work 84 hour weeks fairly regularly. You couldn't really do more since there were assorted shifts and "only" 24 hours in the day. They'd have done more if they could have figured out how to fit more hours in the day. 

As a problem, sure, it's no fun and pretty much only tolerable for younger people. However, you can do it for years on end. Many do. It does have negative effects on productivity, but if you need to get the stuff out, then you need hours and cost per hour tends to go out the window. We used to airfreight cast iron products to China and Thailand just to keep assembly lines running. Ideal? Not hardly, but you've got to do what keeps things running or things don't run and what comes next is worse. 

Like I said, I've lived it and I don't want to hear whining about it, especially from the likes of so-called game journalists. It's a reality and you'll never get entirely away from it. 

13 hours ago, OniDax said:

It's interesting that crunch is only an issue when it's someone other than DE. When DE crunched to get content out years ago (remember the midnight EST releases?) or more recently to get content out alongside The Game Awards, it was viewed as a sign of DE's passion and commitment to the game. However, when other studios do it, it's worker abuse. I'm not saying CDPR's crunch is good. It certainly isn't, not for the developers and not for the game either (considering how buggy, broken, and incomplete the game is). I just wish the people complaining about crunch cared about it when it involves DE as well. Same thing with bugs and incomplete content.

The difference is that from what we can tell, when DE crunches it's only for a brief interval.

Boycotting is pointless. The sentiment is always in a bubble and the majority might say 'well, that sucks' but will buy and play it all the same. Who else is going to make a cyberpunk or witcher? The workers need to suffer the threat of termination and unionize or put up with it. Same reason amazon is top dog with high turn over distribution workers. People want X but only willing to pay Y, sucks to suck but I'm not paying double for a mom and pop store. The consumer is not going to save them, they don't even want to wear a mask.

As a guy who went into HR for a degree, the normalizing of hiring 1 person to do the jobs of 2-3 people by working them overtime is the biggest problem facing the workforce today.

Work/life balance is a thing that needs to exist, people need time to ACTUALLY LIVE THEIR LIVES, rampant rises in cost of living have made such things even worse, there's no quality of life when you work 12 hours a day, get two days off (at best) and then go right back to the grind. You know why people are always wondering "Why is the population growth declining?" your answer is that nobody has time to even TRY to have a family, much less keep one together.

To the people rushing in here to say "I did it that way so everyone should" you are not the absolute end-all in how to live a life, every human does not have to live chained to their work with no hope of escape outside of a weekend binge of alcohol to make the pain stop.

On 2020-12-09 at 12:10 PM, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Releases here in the US at midnight central standard time. I am. 

On 2020-12-09 at 10:12 PM, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

My copy is in the mail. Waiting for it to arrive. 

I received my copy on December 10th. Since then, I received bugs, glitches, stuttering, terrible graphics, invisible guns, audio issues, T-posing, issues with progressing quests because the game didn't recognize I had an item necessary to progress, framerate dropping, and 4 total crashes in the span of ~25 hours of gameplay. I've returned my copy and my full refund is being processed. 

Oh, this thread still going? Okay.

Update 2: after watching Shy's videos, I've decided to delay playing Cyberpunk 2077 until the January patch, possibly February.

Still gotta celebrate my RTX 3070 and SSD upgrade somehow, but my lucky break last week has screwed up my timeline; I expected to be getting my graphics card in mid-January at the earliest. As a result, my second choice is also out until the Steam Sale - Total War: Warhammer II just isn't the same without the Asrai hotties. This left me with my third choice; hello yet again, my new friend I've made in 2020.

I'm playing through Horizon Zero Dawn for the third time.

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Sony's doing the same thing. They outright pulled it from the PS5 store, it was so buggy

Yeah, I heard. Probably for the best. I've heard many PC gamers say they'd rather have no port at all than a bad port. Maybe PS4/XB1 players should adopt the same attitude; either go Realm Reborn on this thing or just don't bother and concentrate on the new gen versions instead.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Sony's doing the same thing. They outright pulled it from the PS5 store, it was so buggy

*PS4.

Y'know, in hindsight all of those players warning DE about trying to "compete" with Cyberpunk must feel a tad foolish.

Archived